RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Pier Solar may be released soon?!?

Started by BlackandBlue, 08/24/2010, 05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackandBlue

So, after missing the dead line for the prosperity pack by a couple weeks, I pre-ordered my JP copy of Pier Solar.  That was around October of '08.  Month after month I checked the site for an update and it felt like I was getting dragged along for a ride.  Hell, I was even thinking about selling my pre-orders so I didn't get burned by some masterful scheme.  But alas, I got an email from the developers to confirm my shipping address! 

Is it true, is this friggin game finally going to be released?  [-o<  I've had this thing pre-ordered for 2 years already!

I really hope they aren't just trying to delay longer and figured they needed something to remind us of the game's existance....

So anyone else get the email (that ordered the game of course!)  Thoughts?  Think it might finally be released soon or think there will be another year of delays?  :x
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

TheClash603

LAME!

Message to homebrew developers that put a lot of time into making your games...

MAKE ENOUGH OF THEM!

RoyVegas

Quote from: BlackandBlue on 08/24/2010, 05:10 PMI really hope they aren't just trying to delay longer and figured they needed something to remind us of the game's existance....
I really doubt this would be the case.  If they wanted to delay it, they easily could have just said nothing at all.
All is well. :)

BlackandBlue

That is true, but people on those boards basically attack them when they dont post an update for a month.  Last I knew they were still working on some of the language translations, so hopefully that is all they have left.  Either that or just need native language speakers go through the game to make sure it doesn't sound like an instruction book from a knockoff Chinese manufacturer.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

Dalder

I got the same e-mail ! hope it comes out !!! cannot wait !! :D.

Joe Redifer

It's coming, but they are still wrapping up the last round of beta tests to squash the final bugs.  I have heard from the co-programmer that now is a particularly stressful time trying to get everything finalized for once and for all.

Mathius

Mathius

I started a "thank you" thread dedicated to all the hard work Water Melon did developing this game. There has been a lot of unfortunate pitch-fork raising over them cutting out the Japanese language option that was promised, so I thought they needed to be reminded that we are extremely grateful. If any of you have pre-ordered this game or have just been watching from the sidelines then please head on over to show your thanks. Joe, I know your a Sega-16 guy, so you have probably known about this project since it began. I bet they would love hearing from you.  :wink: Thanks all!

http://www.piersolar.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1096

Colossus1574

Oh wow!!!
      I still got my trusty Genesis/32x in a box somewhere, maybe I'll have a reason to unpack it soon???  The visuals are amazing!!! They actually can rival most of the PS1 / Saturn RPG' graphics! (at least the ones that are 2D based). Great Work guys!  =D>

Joe Redifer

I've known about Pier Solar for a loooong, time, yes.  It is, by far, the most ambitious hombrew project I've ever seen.  It does something that no other game has done.  If you have a Sega/Mega CD, put in the disc and you get PCM-generated music during the game (the game still boots and runs from the cart). No Sega CD?  Cart-based music which is still very, very good.  The game's main programmer once took a video I made and digitized it so it would play back on the Sega CD.  That was crazy-awesome.

As for the lack of Japanese language in the JP-styled package, who cares?  If it really mattered to people that much, then someone who is good at Japanese would have stepped up as a proofreader (a lack of one is why the language got canned).  So I doubt there will be too many Japanese players.

TheClash603

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/30/2010, 05:01 AMI've known about Pier Solar for a loooong, time, yes.  It is, by far, the most ambitious hombrew project I've ever seen.  It does something that no other game has done.  If you have a Sega/Mega CD, put in the disc and you get PCM-generated music during the game (the game still boots and runs from the cart). No Sega CD?  Cart-based music which is still very, very good.  The game's main programmer once took a video I made and digitized it so it would play back on the Sega CD.  That was crazy-awesome.

As for the lack of Japanese language in the JP-styled package, who cares?  If it really mattered to people that much, then someone who is good at Japanese would have stepped up as a proofreader (a lack of one is why the language got canned).  So I doubt there will be too many Japanese players.
Most ambitiously poorly planned...

"Did you read that review of Pier Solar?  It looks like it is great!  Maybe I will pick one up?"

"You can't, it sold out a year ago... and it just came out this weak."

That team of guys should be ashamed of themselves.  I honestly assume they made 100 extra copies they are gonna sit on and then ebay for $300+ a pop, and their profit strategy is anti-community 100%.

Mathius

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/30/2010, 11:24 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/30/2010, 05:01 AMI've known about Pier Solar for a loooong, time, yes.  It is, by far, the most ambitious hombrew project I've ever seen.  It does something that no other game has done.  If you have a Sega/Mega CD, put in the disc and you get PCM-generated music during the game (the game still boots and runs from the cart). No Sega CD?  Cart-based music which is still very, very good.  The game's main programmer once took a video I made and digitized it so it would play back on the Sega CD.  That was crazy-awesome.

Most ambitiously poorly planned...

"Did you read that review of Pier Solar?  It looks like it is great!  Maybe I will pick one up?"

"You can't, it sold out a year ago... and it just came out this weak."

That team of guys should be ashamed of themselves.  I honestly assume they made 100 extra copies they are gonna sit on and then ebay for $300+ a pop, and their profit strategy is anti-community 100%.
How much of your statement is based on fact?

Joe Redifer

I doubt their strategy is profit when the final product, which consists of a 64m cart, CD and box + shipping cost only $35.  I'm sure some will pop up on eBay.  Users who beat the game will try to profit for sure.  Some may have purchased multiple copies just for this reason.  There are also rumors it might eventually find its way to XBLA or PSN or WiiWare or whatever.

But yeah, it is widely acknowledged that the whole presale thing was kind of a disaster.  They did it really early.  Then a graphic artist left the team and they had to redo some stuff (of course, this is what they WANT us to believe because like the moon landing, everything is a conspiracy).  But what I mean by most ambitious homebrew is that they are doing things no other homebrew product has attempted (that I know of) and the quality also seems much higher than all other homebrew attempts (that I have thus far seen).

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/30/2010, 06:30 PMI doubt their strategy is profit when the final product, which consists of a 64m cart, CD and box + shipping cost only $35.  I'm sure some will pop up on eBay.  Users who beat the game will try to profit for sure.  Some may have purchased multiple copies just for this reason.  There are also rumors it might eventually find its way to XBLA or PSN or WiiWare or whatever.

But yeah, it is widely acknowledged that the whole presale thing was kind of a disaster.  They did it really early.  Then a graphic artist left the team and they had to redo some stuff (of course, this is what they WANT us to believe because like the moon landing, everything is a conspiracy).  But what I mean by most ambitious homebrew is that they are doing things no other homebrew product has attempted (that I know of) and the quality also seems much higher than all other homebrew attempts (that I have thus far seen).
profits cant be on their list of ideas.  The money would be split among at least like 6 people last I checked.... and the market for new sega games isn't really too great.

Any homebrew group thats trying to profit off of physically manufactured software for old consoles, is dumb.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldRover

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/30/2010, 06:30 PMBut yeah, it is widely acknowledged that the whole presale thing was kind of a disaster.  They did it really early.  Then a graphic artist left the team and they had to redo some stuff (of course, this is what they WANT us to believe because like the moon landing, everything is a conspiracy).  But what I mean by most ambitious homebrew is that they are doing things no other homebrew product has attempted (that I know of) and the quality also seems much higher than all other homebrew attempts (that I have thus far seen).
Pier Solar is almost legendary in its pre-order disaster. But if the final product is worth the wait, then so be it. The new artwork is great... their artists really have done an amazing job. I just hope that the coding doesn't suck like so many other Sega homebrews... the 68k is not a hard CPU to code for, so I don't understand why virtually every other Genny homebrew is a steaming pile of bug soup.

Quote from: guest on 08/31/2010, 01:09 AMAny homebrew group thats trying to profit off of physically manufactured software for old consoles, is dumb.
Why? A market is a market is a market. If there is a market for new games, then why shouldn't someone want to make some profit off of their hard work? Companies don't survive on favors.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Joe Redifer

Quote from: RoverI don't understand why virtually every other Genny homebrew is a steaming pile of bug soup.
Probably lack of ambition and dedication.  They get something up and running in some sort of basic form and are so excited to release it right away.  That's only a guess, but that's what it seems like.

OldRover

Well, considering how long this game has been in development, it had better not disappoint.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Joe Redifer

Mathius

Yep! :D I gots the email of goodness.! Yay!!!!!!!!!  :dance:

Duo_R

ok who will sell me their extra copy?
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Mathius

Quote from: Duo_R on 12/14/2010, 01:48 AMok who will sell me their extra copy?
Man, Duo_R, I would love to hook you up, but alas I have only one copy coming. :( But, keep watching the site, join in the discussions, and you may score one. They are rumored to have a second run of copies. And, if that falls through for you then an XBOX Live release is very probable. :wink:

oldskool

YAY it's been shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I've been waiting YEARS for this.  Have a USA copy coming!  Got my CDX all hooked up and ready to go.

nikdog

Their new website is set up to sell copies @$45/each, and says "Sold Out, Come back latter". Looks like they plan on a second batch.
IMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMG

BlackandBlue

Yay, mine is on its way as well.  I think they plan to sell any copies they have left after everyone receives theirs.  They want to have some in stock as replacements if there are shipping issues.  I hope they make a second batch so douches dont turn around and sell their copy on ebay for $300.

oldskool

I hope they make some sort of a change in their second batch, so the people like me that have waited for over 2 years have something unique and special for their patience.  Even if it's just a sticker that says version 2 or something like that on the box.

BlackandBlue

Quote from: oldskool on 12/14/2010, 05:09 PMI hope they make some sort of a change in their second batch, so the people like me that have waited for over 2 years have something unique and special for their patience.  Even if it's just a sticker that says version 2 or something like that on the box.
I know how you feel.  I preorder in Oct 08 (like a month after the prosperity pack were cut off).  We deserve a way to show our early adoption :)

TheClash603

I don't care if my game has a second edition sticker, I just wanna play it.

Game looks great, but the developers really dropped the ball on this.  I assumed they would want many people to play the game and experience their hard work, but apparently they'd rather just see me have to spend an unfortunate amount on their game.

If anyone had a lead on getting a copy, please lt me know!

Duo_R

thanks man! well I will try to score an extra copy from someone since I would rather play this on original hardware instead of XBLA. =)

Quote from: Mathius on 12/14/2010, 01:56 AM
Man, Duo_R, I would love to hook you up, but alas I have only one copy coming. :( But, keep watching the site, join in the discussions, and you may score one. They are rumored to have a second run of copies. And, if that falls through for you then an XBOX Live release is very probable. :wink:

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/14/2010, 07:06 PMI don't care if my game has a second edition sticker, I just wanna play it.

Game looks great, but the developers really dropped the ball on this.  I assumed they would want many people to play the game and experience their hard work, but apparently they'd rather just see me have to spend an unfortunate amount on their game.

I didnt bother preordering because the project was delayed like crazy, in true Lunar-inspired fashion....

now that its out, its scarce.  Lame.

Oh well.   Someone will dump the rom probably so that theres enough for everyone.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

nat

I didn't buy it because, well, I don't actually have a physical Genesis anymore. Any Genesis games I need to play I do via the Wii VC or emulation on the Dreamcast.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

oldskool

Well, from what the authors have said in the past.  They did everything in their power to encrypt it so that any dumping device that's around couldn't do it.  And even if someone did figure out a way to dump it, no emulator will be able to support it either because of some things they've done to keep that from happening.  Not sure what they did, but they basically mentioned that it would take A LOT to get it to be dumped and working on an emulator.  Basically someone would have to make a custom dumping device that decrypts the data, AND program a special emulator just to run it.  Not only that, but what emulator can play a ROM and an ISO at the same time.

Quote from: guest on 12/14/2010, 09:02 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/14/2010, 07:06 PMI don't care if my game has a second edition sticker, I just wanna play it.

I didnt bother preordering because the project was delayed like crazy, in true Lunar-inspired fashion....

Oh well.   Someone will dump the rom probably so that theres enough for everyone.
Quote from: guest on 12/14/2010, 09:02 PM

Oh well.   Someone will dump the rom probably so that theres enough for everyone.

Joe Redifer

Hey Arkhan, give me your game for free.

OldRover

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: The Old Rover on 12/15/2010, 09:35 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/15/2010, 07:22 PMHey Arkhan, give me your game for free.
He probably would.
I thought I did.   I distinctly remember saying HEY, ANYONE HERE WHO DOESNT HAVE INSANITY, HIT ME UP, I SEND FREEBIES. 

What were you doing?

Gimme your address.   i'll fire one out to you. 

In any event, I think its bad practice to make a game, hype it for YEARS, and then fail to make sure theres enough for everybody.   What the hells the point.  If they aint doing this for profit, and they aren't making sure they have enough for everyone, what are they doing it for?

Joe Redifer

The preorder thing was a really bad situation and probably not a great idea for anyone to do in the future as a result because the homebrew scene is full of unpredictable stuff that can happen.  As far as future copies of the game goes, who can say right now?  But they can't make sure to have enough for EVERYONE, that's impossible.  Should Nintendo be damned to hell for not having enough Wiis for every single person who wanted one on launch day?  More copies may come or they may not.  We'll see.  A short supply of stuff like this is great marketing, works for Nintendo.  They kept that "low supply" nonsense up for a long time until most people were like "Who cares, whatever".  It builds hype and urgency.  Not sure if this is what they are doing, but it works.

Duo_R

Arkhan me wants a copy of insanity too! :-)

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Duo_R on 12/16/2010, 04:44 AMArkhan me wants a copy of insanity too! :-)
DUDE were you all blind when I was hockin free copies lolol.

PM address to me.

We're talking homebrew targetting like, 500 people or some shit.   They could have covered everyone but didn't.    If they dont print more, theyre going to look like huge tools.

Theyre not nintendo, and theyre not doing it for profit.... so doing blitz marketing hype horse shit seems kind of pointless.

Also, preorders work just fine if you do it right.

I did it right.

Joe Redifer

I don't read every thread or even every sub-forum here.  No idea where or when you were hocking free copies.

As to Pier Solar, they made more than 500 copies.  Hell, it took them a very long time to even get the preorders done.  It was still available for preorder until close to a year ago, maybe even more recent.  Anyone who whines that they didn't get one should have acted faster or they can patiently wait to see what happens.  If pre-orders work great, then why did Super Fighter Team stop doing them?

Arkhan Asylum

The problem that can come from preording is, people do the preorder hype/dick waving before they're ready, and make a giant disaster because the hype reaches its peak, and then falls down... with no game in sight still.  Its like getting a blowjob and having the chick walk away 10 seconds before launch.

and then she comes back in a month and does it again.  etc. etc.

Not many people love putting their money down on an unsure thing.

As for SFT and why they don't do it, *shrug*, I don't really care.   Lets leave it at that.

TheClash603

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/16/2010, 03:01 PMHell, it took them a very long time to even get the preorders done.  It was still available for preorder until close to a year ago, maybe even more recent.  Anyone who whines that they didn't get one should have acted faster or they can patiently wait to see what happens.
Well now I feel like a real dick.  I should've had my preorder in at the reasonable one year before realease cutoff...

oldskool

Well I can say that I was order 687, and that was in October or November of 2008 I believe.  They basically finally sold out earlier this year, so that means that for over a year after I got mine they were still selling them.  Now mind you, I did get mine not long after the pre-order was open, so there was probably that initial surge in the first few months, but - I wouldn't be surprised if they sold 1500 copies total.  Probably 500 US, 500 JPN, and 500 EURO. 

Beggar Prince finally sold out after 4 years of multiple runs.  SFT sold 1500 copies of Beggar Prince. 

Legend of Wukong is back and in stock and you can buy it right now if you so wish to do.  I would if the money wasn't tight as I've heard that it's better than Beggar Prince.

Now SFT has another unreleased RPG coming out for the Genesis called Star Odyssey. 

And let's not forget the free Sonic Mega MIX Sega CD ISO that anyone can download.  It's too bad that the Turbo doesn't get the homebrew releases like the Genesis does.  It's a shame really, considering how awesome the Turbo is.

Free Insanity?  Shit I guess I missed out since I have not frequented the forums much lately.  :(  I would still be willing to purchase it really, if I was not so broke all the time.

Arkhan Asylum

They better print more runs of the game.  SFT touts themselves as being the best homebrew publisher ever, so youd think theyd be all up on it. 

I didn't preorder Pier Solar, because I didn't want to send my money somewhere for something that'd possibly take a long time.  It did take a long time.  So no worries.   I'll buy it when its readily available, like I did with Wukong

Joe Redifer

QuoteSFT touts themselves as being the best homebrew publisher ever
Bradon Cobb, president of SFT, will have you believe that he is the retro-gaming Jesus.  He does think very highly of himself, touting his "natural abilities" in interviews and the such.

JoshTurboTrollX

Ark is so damn generous he actually sent me two copies of Insanity,  One of which I am planning to pop on eBay for a million dollar profit!  ;)

just kidding, but if any of you dudes want my spare Insanity hit me up with a PM and I'll send it your way!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mathius

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 12/18/2010, 10:12 AMArk is so damn generous he actually sent me two copies of Insanity,  One of which I am planning to pop on eBay for a million dollar profit!  ;)

just kidding, but if any of you dudes want my spare Insanity hit me up with a PM and I'll send it your way!!
I also gots me a second copy.  :mrgreen:

Duo_R

Well is anyone playing this one yet?

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/18/2010, 05:38 AMBradon Cobb, president of SFT, will have you believe that he is the retro-gaming Jesus.  He does think very highly of himself, touting his "natural abilities" in interviews and the such.
yeah, I think its all pompous BS, to be honest.

There are MSX cartridge publishers overseas that have published alot of games.   I've purchased them, and can attest to the professional quality of the games.
http://www.msxcartridgeshop.com/
http://www.matranet.net/

And then theres the NES stuff...Battlekid is legit, as are all the other carts
http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cPath=30

And FFS, even self published C64 releases like Knight n' Grail, which was probably the most extremely well put together homebrew, ever.  Thats alot coming from me considering I can't stand the C64.

also, some jackass self published this shitty game called Insanity last year.

I get a kick out of BC's bi-annual visits to retrogaming forums to promote his latest publication.... and then he vanishes into the night, missing out on all the retrogaming talking goodness.

Yeah, SFT has put out some good games, but flailing about acting like you're the only one who can do it when you clearly aren't, is well,... dumb.

Also, I think the clamshell cases they use for the Genesis games blow dick, but whatever.     I swapped out some crappy Genesis games I got for 1$.  Yay for real quality cases that don't shatter if you close them wrong.

Publishing games is retard-simple.  Especially since the target audience in retrogameland is PRETTY MINIMAL, and especially if we're talking CD games.  Shit, for CD games, you fill out an order form on a site, mail them a master disc and some artwork and wait for a truck to drop a box of jewel cases off on your front porch.   Then you shove them in envelopes and mail them to people.

Publishing cart games is almost as simple.  You buy bulk boards, and carts, and manually assemble them all.  It's grunt work, but it's still not like its some cryptic riddle.  If you're the programmer of the game, I would sure hope you can handle burning and installing roms on boards.  If not, lets be honest, theres someone who will gladly help. 

It's no different than when you've got retro computer clubs assembling NIC's, or other cartridges and mailing them out to people... only instead of being a communication device, or storage cart, its got a game rom in it!  I think the hardest part is putting the frigging sticker on the cartridge neatly.

Mathius

Quote from: Duo_R on 12/18/2010, 08:10 PMWell is anyone playing this one yet?
Not yet I don't think. The games are being shipped from China, so I will probably be one of the last to get it.

Quote from: guest on 12/18/2010, 10:01 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/18/2010, 05:38 AMBradon Cobb, president of SFT, will have you believe that he is the retro-gaming Jesus.  He does think very highly of himself, touting his "natural abilities" in interviews and the such.
yeah, I think its all pompous BS, to be honest.

There are MSX cartridge publishers overseas that have published alot of games.   I've purchased them, and can attest to the professional quality of the games.
http://www.msxcartridgeshop.com/
http://www.matranet.net/

And then theres the NES stuff...Battlekid is legit, as are all the other carts
http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cPath=30

And FFS, even self published C64 releases like Knight n' Grail, which was probably the most extremely well put together homebrew, ever.  Thats alot coming from me considering I can't stand the C64.

also, some jackass self published this shitty game called Insanity last year.

I get a kick out of BC's bi-annual visits to retrogaming forums to promote his latest publication.... and then he vanishes into the night, missing out on all the retrogaming talking goodness.

Yeah, SFT has put out some good games, but flailing about acting like you're the only one who can do it when you clearly aren't, is well,... dumb.

Also, I think the clamshell cases they use for the Genesis games blow dick, but whatever.     I swapped out some crappy Genesis games I got for 1$.  Yay for real quality cases that don't shatter if you close them wrong.

Publishing games is retard-simple.  Especially since the target audience in retrogameland is PRETTY MINIMAL, and especially if we're talking CD games.  Shit, for CD games, you fill out an order form on a site, mail them a master disc and some artwork and wait for a truck to drop a box of jewel cases off on your front porch.   Then you shove them in envelopes and mail them to people.

Publishing cart games is almost as simple.  You buy bulk boards, and carts, and manually assemble them all.  It's grunt work, but it's still not like its some cryptic riddle.  If you're the programmer of the game, I would sure hope you can handle burning and installing roms on boards.  If not, lets be honest, theres someone who will gladly help. 

It's no different than when you've got retro computer clubs assembling NIC's, or other cartridges and mailing them out to people... only instead of being a communication device, or storage cart, its got a game rom in it!  I think the hardest part is putting the frigging sticker on the cartridge neatly.
WaterMelon is using a high quality cardboard shell case for Pier Solar. Based on the pics I've seen it looks pretty sweet. :)

Arkhan Asylum

Yeah I saw. 

Wukong's case cracked when I opened it, and shattered when I closed it.

Goodjob.

Joe Redifer

Wukong was OK at best.  I agree about the quality of the clamshells (there are actually 1 or 2 people over at Sega-16 who seem to think they are better than the original Genesis clamshells... OK whatever).  Wukong (and Beggar Prince) had awful character dialog and the main characters came off as very immature and I hated them both.  Wukong started out crazy hard and got really easy at the end.  The final bost was the easiest boss fight in the game.  The first boss was the toughest.  Beggar Prince had bugs that wouldn't let it work properly with a Sega CD and/or a 32X attached.  They patched the game to resolve that issue, but left existing owners like myself high and dry.  They didn't even offer to reburn the ROM with the new version if I paid to send it back.  It had other bugs that were game breaking, such as boots needed to cross a certain part of the desert, you can only get the boots in a castle and once you exit the castle, you cannot re-enter if you did not get the boots.  Game over.  You have no choice to restart.  You simply can't be releasing games with bugs like that and charging people.