OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

PC Engine Gamer issue 2 is out

Started by _Paul, 09/29/2010, 07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Paul

IMG

Issue 2 is here, a few days early too. Ninja Spirit and Dragon Spirit reviewed, top ten level one bosses in shoot 'em ups and an expanded Gaming Tongue covering other formats that may be of interest. Clicky the link in my sig to read it.

NecroPhile

Woohoo!  Downloading now for later enjoyment.  8)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

Reading it right now. :D

Yay, I made the "comments" page! :dance: OK I am done being giddy now.

_Paul

Vecanti

Those are awesome. Great work!

Starfighter

Sweet! I sent you a email a couple of weeks ago (I didn't know you were a member here since I got in here like.. yesterday) ranting on about how much I liked the first one so I'm pleased to see that you didn't put the project to rest. :)

_Paul

Quote from: Starfighter on 10/02/2010, 04:18 PMSweet! I sent you a email a couple of weeks ago (I didn't know you were a member here since I got in here like.. yesterday) ranting on about how much I liked the first one so I'm pleased to see that you didn't put the project to rest. :)
Indeed, your letter is on this issue's feedback page:)

Starfighter

Cool, haha! I'll dig in as soon as I wake up in the morning.

rag-time4

I really liked Joe's review of G.I. Joe (arcade)! I really loved that game! My first time playing that game is one of my most memorable gaming experiences! I only had a limited supply of quarters, so it was a pretty intense experience!

Just a note on the Snake Eyes version in the game: I believe the Snake Eyes used in the game was the current figure at the time. link There was a 12" version of the figure as well, and I owned both back then.

The characters used in the game were mixed and matched from various years. Roadblock was from 1986. Duke was from 1992. Scarlett dated all the way back to the original 3 3/4 series from 1982/83.

EDIT ~ The same version of Snake Eyes is a playable character in G.I. Joe: Atlantis Factor on NES

LMS

Ceti Alpha

Thank you SP! It's like I'm living in 1991 every time I read your mag.

Anyway, I understand where you're coming from with Dragon Spirit. It is not, by any means, one of the greats, but it does have a charm to it. I still haven't been able to kill the final boss and was wondering if you've been able to clear it.

Keep up the great work, SP! =D>
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

WoodyXP

"I bathe in AES carts."

DJLobo

My favorite part? I made it into the Feedback section. Huzah!  :dance:

The Ninja Spirit review was spot on. Except that ninjas are cooler.

Great job, sunteam_paul. Can't wait for the next one.
Early to bed, early to rise gives a man no social life. - Yakko Warner

bartre

never used that site before, is there a way i can download the magazine instead of just reading it on the browser?

haven't read the whole thing, but it's nice to see someone dedicated enough to do this!
props to ya mah homeboy!

NecroPhile

Quote from: bartre on 10/08/2010, 11:53 AMis there a way i can download the magazine instead of just reading it on the browser?
When you're reading the magazine, there's a link above it for downloading.  You'll need to create an account with 'em, though, but that's free and painless.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Otaking

Cheers 8) printed out both issues, looking forward to reading them later.  :D

I love reading Fanzines I myself have been meaning to do a printed PC-Engine or a UK Retro Grey Imports Fanzine for years but just never had the time :cry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.