@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Far East of Eden Ziria finally being worked on

Started by anRPGlegend, 09/30/2010, 11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anRPGlegend

20 years after its release there is finally a small team of hackers (EsperKnight & RetroTranslator Tom) bringing this fantastic game to English speakers!

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2470/3615887986_b379c6b20b.jpg
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3396/3615068065_63766244cb.jpg

It probably will not be finished for another couple of years but at least it is in the works! The same team is also working on the City Hunter HuCard.

Otaking

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Thankyou very much, looking forward to it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

ParanoiaDragon

I believe EsperKnight is also working on some kind of open source tools for anybody who wants to translate PCE games, though, I could be wrong, it's been awhile since I've talked to him.
IMG

Mathius

Freakin' sweet!!!! :D Is it going to be an actual physical release, or a patch? I hope it's a physical factory pressed CD-ROM (like Arkhan's Insanity).  [-o<

shubibiman

Is this really something new? I thought I had heard of it before. :-k
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

termis

Yeah, I recall reading/seeing pics about this... it seems at least two years ago.

I'm still looking forward to it, but I'd be surprised if it was completed within the timeline of, say another two years or so.

TR0N

Hope they finsh it but with fan translation alot things can go wrong.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

anRPGlegend

Dead of the Brain 1&2 (PC Engine CD) is also being worked on but when I went to find the pics uploaded by the team they had been taken down, next time I'm saving.

I think you may have already heard that Might & Magic book 1 for the PC Engine CD as well
https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=11157.0

shubibiman

Dead Of The Brain 1&2's translation has now been finished for 1 year. The only problem is that the script for episode 2 has still not been implemented.

turbofan1

Quote from: shubibiman on 10/03/2010, 05:16 AMDead Of The Brain 1&2's translation has now been finished for 1 year. The only problem is that the script for episode 2 has still not been implemented.
Isn't that just the french translation?I wouldn't hold my breath on A patch being released for either one of those games anytime soon.

shubibiman

Yes it is. Dave Shadoff was working on an english translation with a japanese friend of his. I don't know what's the current state of this project.

anRPGlegend

wonder why my images didnt show up in my post

spenoza

Could you ask the team working on this to possibly find a new font? It's a neat typeface they're using now, but while it's attractive, it's not particularly readable, and since the game does have a decent amount of text I suggest going with something a little easier on the eyes, even if it does feel a little less "Jipangese".

anRPGlegend

Hey guys! I've been away for a while. ^^ The team is intent on stickin with the font, so Im sorry the desicion is on them ,l for one like it, and dont judge it from your pixelated moniter, imagine it on a TV.

I want to take this oppurtunity to say thanks and also ASK FOR YOU SUPPORT to continute with the latest BURST in PC ENGINE translations!

Lady Sword has been done. At least one other great HuCard RPG is being worked on as we speak. Also LEGEND OF XANADU 2 may see the light of english in the near future! A translator has been found and needs a hacker!

PC engine has an OCEAN of RPGs and graphic adventures to translate and possibly make into modern classics for the west.

Mathius

Would love to play Xanadu 2 in English. ....well would just love to play Xanadu 2 period!

awack

What! you haven't played Xanadu II yet...its one of the few Jpn RPGs thats fun to play, with out understanding Japanese, you will need a walk through though.

ParanoiaDragon

Maybe Charles would be up to hacking Legend of Xanadu 2?  Though, he's always really busy, plus he was working on a shmup with Nod last I talked to him about projects.
IMG

SuperPlay

Great news, just need to wait a few years now ;-)

anRPGlegend

^so true most of the time. But according to the head of the Xanadu project the game only takes 12 hours to complete and is light on the text. This is from the fluent japanase translator that has already played throught the game .

Other PC Engine games noteworthy of translation (feel free to add to this)

Blood Gear (action RPG with mechs)
Basted (zelda like adventure game with babes, little text)
Burai (a japanese classic RPG)
Last Armageddon (very little text, nice big RPG, classic in japan)
Alshark (mega RPG in japan, we never saw it in english)
Solid Force (awesome futuristic SRPG)

Translations in the works

Dead of the Brain 1 & 2 (graphic adventure)
Valis 1
War of the Dead
Tengai Makyou Ziria (first in the Far East of Eden RPG games)

nectarsis

Quote from: anRPGlegend on 03/09/2011, 02:10 PM^so true most of the time. But according to the head of the Xanadu project the game only takes 12 hours to complete and is light on the text. This is from the fluent japanase translator that has already played throught the game .

Other PC Engine games noteworthy of translation (feel free to add to this)

Blood Gear (action RPG with mechs)
Basted (zelda like adventure game with babes, little text)
Burai (a japanese classic RPG)
Last Armageddon (very little text, nice big RPG, classic in japan)
Alshark (mega RPG in japan, we never saw it in english)
Solid Force (awesome futuristic SRPG)

Translations in the works

Dead of the Brain 1 & 2 (graphic adventure)
Valis 1
War of the Dead
Tengai Makyou Ziria (first in the Far East of Eden RPG games)
No original Xanadu? :(  (unless I missed it mentioned elsewhere).
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

anRPGlegend

IN the unofficial translation world games are usually not tranlated in chronolgical order, but more like order of difficulty in hacking or amount of TEXT in game

ParanoiaDragon

I'd love to see the Cosmic Fantasy's, I believe Dave Shadoff was working on the first one?  Other's to include would be:

Tenshi no Uta
Tenshi no Uta 2
Arunam no Kiba/Fang of Alnam
Anearth Fantasy Stories
Aurora Quest
Auleria
Babel
Brandish
Sorcerian
Popful Mail
Legend of Heroes 2
Burai 2
Cobra
Cobra 2
Snatcher
Astralius(if you're gonna do Last Armageddon, might as well have this on the list) :D
Sol Moonarge
Dragon Knight & Graphitti
Dragon Knight 2
Dragon Knight 3
Efera & Jiliora
Sword Master
Emeral Dragon
Faerie Dust Story
Fray CD Xak Gaiden
Xak 1 & 2
Gotzendeiner
Guliver Boy
High Grenadier
Langrisser
Kisou Louga
Kisou Louga 2
KO Century Beast
Lady Phantom
La Valeur
Macross Eternal Love Son
Megami Paradise
Monbit
Monster Maker
Moonlight Lady
Neo Metal Fantasy
Record of Lodoss War
Record of Lodoss War 2
River City Ransom
Ruin
Travellers!
Sol Bianca
Star Breaker
Startling Odyssey
Super Schwarzchild
Super Schwarzchild 2
Wizardry 1 & 2
Wizardry 3 & 4
Wizardry 5
IMG

anRPGlegend

maybe in 20 years all those games will be translated?? i hope, as long as I can play them in english in my lifetime!!!!

ParanoiaDragon

Well, there's more, but, I narrowed them down, however, I'll narrow them down some more:
Cosmic Fantasy
Cosmic Fantasy 3
Cosmic Fantasy 4 part 1
Cosmic Fantasy 4 part 2
Tenshi no Uta
Tenshi no Uta 2
Arunam no Kiba/Fang of Alnam
Anearth Fantasy Stories
Auleria(I don't think this one has a HUGE amount of text)
Babel
Brandish(very little amount of text)
Sorcerian(seems like it has alot of text, at the least, it is hard to figure out how to set up the right party for each scenario)
Popful Mail(this one is probably mild on text)
Legend of Heroes 2
Burai 2
Sol Moonarge
Efera & Jiliora
Sword Master
Emeral Dragon(someone may be already working on this?)
Fray CD Xak Gaiden(mild amount of text I would guess)
Gotzendeiner(this one has very low amount of text)
Guliver Boy
KO Century Beast
La Valeur
Monster Maker
Moonlight Lady
Neo Metal Fantasy
Record of Lodoss War
Record of Lodoss War 2
River City Ransom
Ruin
Travellers!
Star Breaker
Startling Odyssey
IMG

anRPGlegend

Not sure how old the translation is but DIE HARD for the hucard has received a 100% complete translation. I just tested it. It took 3 different roms before I found one compatible with the patch. But I can assure you it works, i can upload screens later if upon request.

roflmao

Does anyone know if this translation was ever finished?  Or even released as a beta?

geise

Ya know, we could all learn japanese in less time it would take to have these pc-engine games translated.

gbapalyer

or play those games without knowing japanese. ;)
but knowing hiragana and katakana helps a lot sometimes to figure out names of items, menues, places and so on.

i played through nearly 30 JRPGS till now with knowing only hiragana and katakana and around 50 kanji characters. learning the language for myself since 2012.
Currently playing:   (Started  . Feb. 2013)

CrackTiger

Quote from: gbapalyer on 06/25/2013, 02:28 PMor play those games without knowing japanese. ;)
but knowing hiragana and katakana helps a lot sometimes to figure out names of items, menues, places and so on.

i played through nearly 30 JRPGS till now with knowing only hiragana and katakana and around 50 kanji characters. learning the language for myself since 2012.
This game in particular has an English walkthrough.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

gbapalyer

i know. so there is really no problem not to play it. ;)
Currently playing:   (Started  . Feb. 2013)

geise

Yeah I've played through most of the rpg's on pc-e, and language barrier never keeps me from wanting to play through them.  Was just throwing that comment out there. :lol:  I was just meaning it's pointless to wait around, just play the damn game haha.