OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The Turbo Dinner @ Midwest gaming classic

Started by guyjin, 01/16/2011, 03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

where should we eat? (revote)

Kopp's
Yokoso

guyjin

pick whichever time works better for you, and use the rest of your votes to pick your favorite restaurants.

I did a google maps search for restaraunts near the convention center. I left out ones I know don't serve meals (cinnabon and such like), fast food places, and Hooters (some are bringing their kids). If you're local and you know about these places, please let us know.

I'll make reservations (if it's that sort of place) the week before. I'll need to know who's going by then, so we don't overwhelm them with a crowd, and so we can get tables together.

just in case anyone is unclear: we're all paying our own way. I ain't buying dinner for you losers!  :twisted:

nectarsis

No Kopp's makes this whole list FAIL lol.  Not sure what plans are yet...a few of us may hit a Bucks game that night...
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

turbogrfxfan

well at least we have some time to figure this out but sun is def. out of the question.  Ill be on a plane.  Im sure once there is more replies we will get a feel of whats up.
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Mathius

I am making preparations to buy tix and sign up. I could make the drive in less than a day, so it shouldn't be too hard to get there and hang with yous peeps on Saturday night. :)

blueraven

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/16/2011, 03:45 AMNo Kopp's makes this whole list FAIL lol.  Not sure what plans are yet...a few of us may hit a Bucks game that night...
Quoted for truth.

nectarsis

Quote from: blueraven on 01/16/2011, 11:20 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 01/16/2011, 03:45 AMNo Kopp's makes this whole list FAIL lol.  Not sure what plans are yet...a few of us may hit a Bucks game that night...
Quoted for truth.
:lol: :lol: =D&gt; =D&gt;  Was waiting for that.

guyjin

you guys might wanna look at the poll again.

geise

Holy shit!  There are still Old Country Buffets around? :shock:

Mathius

Old Country Buffet probably wouldn't get my vote. Like mentioned earlier we need a place to share a beer or three together. :)

bartre

still 50/50 on if i can go, but if i can, i'm open anytime saturday.
also, i really don't care about what we get to eat, as long as it's not covered in sour cream and onions.

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Mathius on 01/18/2011, 04:04 PMOld Country Buffet probably wouldn't get my vote. Like mentioned earlier we need a place to share a beer or three together. :)
yeah beer is good.  taco bell or anything like that is not

Mathius

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 01/18/2011, 08:04 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 01/18/2011, 04:04 PMOld Country Buffet probably wouldn't get my vote. Like mentioned earlier we need a place to share a beer or three together. :)
Jason, I already know what your crazy mug looks like, so you'll be easy for me to spot. :mrgreen:

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Mathius on 01/18/2011, 08:32 PM
yeah beer is good.  taco bell or anything like that is not
Jason, I already know what your crazy mug looks like, so you'll be easy for me to spot. :mrgreen:
ha ha yeah that you do.  Ha thats awesome your going!  Im sure ill see ya.  I kinda think we should try to find each other at the show,  Im sure it would be more fun....................

Mathius

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 01/18/2011, 08:34 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 01/18/2011, 08:32 PM
ha ha yeah that you do.  Ha thats awesome your going!  Im sure ill see ya.  I kinda think we should try to find each other at the show,  Im sure it would be more fun....................
Sounds good to me. :)

blueraven

Won't be there, but I voted due due my past proximity to the area.

Mathius

Quote from: blueraven on 01/19/2011, 12:47 PMWon't be there, but I voted due due my past proximity to the area. 
Bummers :(

DragonmasterDan

I went to that Uno with some online friends last year, it wasn't terrible. Just overpriced.
--DragonmasterDan

JoshTurboTrollX

Dudes, Yokoso has imported drinks and the best menu.  What the fuck is a Kopps?  No beer, what are we 13?
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

blueraven

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 01/19/2011, 01:46 PMWhat the fuck is a Kopps?  No beer, what are we 13?
FAIL.

http://www.kopps.com/OurMenu/Grill-and-Fountain.aspx

Kopps is an "American" food joint that specializes in Frozen Custard, Ice Cream, and char-grilled burgers/sandwiches. Everything (including the custard) is made daily with fresh ingredients from scratch. If I wasn't 2200 miles away I'd go there today for lunch.

You can get beer anywhere within 15 yards of Kopps' f7^%ing amazing food. :wink:

nectarsis

Quote from: blueraven on 01/19/2011, 03:38 PM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 01/19/2011, 01:46 PMWhat the fuck is a Kopps?  No beer, what are we 13?
FAIL.

http://www.kopps.com/OurMenu/Grill-and-Fountain.aspx

Kopps is an "American" food joint that specializes in Frozen Custard, Ice Cream, and char-grilled burgers/sandwiches. Everything (including the custard) is made daily with fresh ingredients from scratch. If I wasn't 2200 miles away I'd go there today for lunch.

You can get beer anywhere within 15 yards of Kopps' f7^%ing amazing food. :wink:
LMAO @ FAIL.  Yeah this is Wisconsin...there's beer a stones throw away from pretty much anywhere ;)

JoshTurboTrollX

Ultra Fail

So... this Culvers/Dairy Queen style fast food joint is where we should meet and hang out?  Then leave and find another place to kick back shoot the shit and enjoy a few adult beverages?

If this winds up being the place that 'wins teh votes' I'll probably bail and go to an actual restaurant for adults.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

blueraven

:lol: Suit yourself. Although, It's not what you think.

Have fun at Applebees!

nectarsis

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 01/19/2011, 04:08 PMUltra Fail

So... this Culvers/Dairy Queen style fast food joint is where we should meet and hang out?  Then leave and find another place to kick back shoot the shit and enjoy a few adult beverages?

If this winds up being the place that 'wins teh votes' I'll probably bail and go to an actual restaurant for adults.
Kopps makes Culvers/Dairy Queens look like MCd's :P   And restaurant for adults?   :roll: :P :lol:  I guess you HAVE to have alcohol to be considered an "adult" establishment...just keep your beer away from the crayons at Applebee's ;)  :lol:

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: blueraven on 01/19/2011, 04:17 PM:lol: Suit yourself. Although, It's not what you think.

Have fun at Applebees!
I voted Yokoso, what could be better than Sushi and Sake, along with a decent selection of imported beer. 
I guess I'd be up for anything that is new to me like local/ original.  I'm not big into Chain restaurants/fast food.  I can go to an Applebees, outback, Olive Garden, Fuddrukkers, Chilli's anyday.  If I'm going to drive 4 and a half hours across state I might as well try something new.

Just sayin'

NecroPhile

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 01/19/2011, 04:24 PMI voted Yokoso, what could be better than Sushi....
Being Wisconsin, it's probably just a bunch of lutefisk and pickled herring.  :P
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 01/19/2011, 04:29 PM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 01/19/2011, 04:24 PMI voted Yokoso, what could be better than Sushi....
Being Wisconsin, it's probably just a bunch of lutefisk and pickled herring.  :P
Mmmmmm....lutefisk <<<drools>>>

nectarsis

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 01/19/2011, 01:46 PMDudes, Yokoso has imported drinks and the best menu.  What the fuck is a Kopps?  No beer, what are we 13?
:P :twisted: :lol: :lol:

NecroPhile

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 01/20/2011, 10:10 AM
Quote from: nectarsis on 01/20/2011, 03:00 AM
:P :twisted: :lol: :lol:
"Welcome to the real world, jackass!"
I'M AN ADULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guyjin

Sorry, TurboStar, but these guys seem insistent on buying imported games rather than imported beer. :)

nectarsis

Quote from: guyjin on 01/21/2011, 09:55 PMSorry, TurboStar, but these guys seem insistent on buying imported games rather than imported beer. :)
=D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt;

turbogrfxfan

well If Im not goin on a date and have no chance on hettin any action  I dont want to spend over ten bills on a meal.  I can afford it  and if thats what everyone want then fine.  I just dont really dont see the point.  Its up to to majority.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/21/2011, 10:56 PM
Quote from: guyjin on 01/21/2011, 09:55 PMSorry, TurboStar, but these guys seem insistent on buying imported games rather than imported beer. :)
yes your 4 clapping smileys clearly indicate that you approve of fatty fastfood garbage!! 'grats!!

Anyone interested in a side meeting for some actual good 'food'?

guyjin

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 01/28/2011, 05:01 PM
yes your 4 clapping smileys clearly indicate that you approve of fatty fastfood garbage!! 'grats!!

c'mon, man, don't be like that. you lost a bunch of weight, one burger won't kill ya.

nectarsis

Wow MAYBE I was clapping for buying games vs food ya think?  I don't see the need for all this dickish, pretentious behavior myself.  If you want to overpay in a pretty pricey \ section of town to make yourself feel better, and more L33T have at it. :P

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/28/2011, 09:46 PM

Wow MAYBE I was clapping for buying games vs food ya think?  I don't see the need for all this dickish, pretentious behavior myself.  If you want to overpay in a pretty pricey \ section of town to make yourself feel better, and more L33T have at it. :P
yeah man IMO.Id like to see everyone.  you dont really have to many chances to see peeps that to talk with on a day to day basis.  If I wanted to spend a buncha cash on a upscale dinner I would assume id b doing it for my girlfriend and her lame ass friends that would sit around, hold their forks right and talk about their great jobs they have and the houses they have.  This is bootie ass bulls@#$!  Never in my lifetime of gaming did I desire anything but a 2 liter coke and a few slices of pizza to piss me off as my greasy ass fingers slipped of my controller trying to beat blazing lazers.  Shits about seeing everyone and talking about pce/tg16.  I dunno about u but I know nobody but you guys that know and love the pce like me.  so.  If u guys need to go out and spend cash on a big dinner to make the pce talk better than have at it...  Ill be havin a slice downin a 2 liter w/ my greezy jer z fingers slippin on the controllers.  IMO t star buck up and lets all meet and have a good time.  please

Mathius

Come on guys! We haven't even met one another yet and we are already fighting?  [-( It won't matter where we eat, because we will just be throwing our food at each other! Compromise. There has to be a place where the food is good, the prices are affordable, and also serves drinks. Can't be too hard. :)

Edit: turbogrfxfan hit on something maybe. Pizza. We are going to be north of one of the great Pizza meccas on the planet. Surely there must be a few killer pizza joints around Milwaukee.

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Mathius on 01/28/2011, 10:33 PMCome on guys! We haven't even met one another yet and we are already fighting?  [-( It won't matter where we eat, because we will just be throwing our food at each other! Compromise. There has to be a place where the food is good, the prices are affordable, and also serves drinks. Can't be too hard. :)

Edit: turbogrfxfan hit on something maybe. Pizza. We are going to be north of one of the great Pizza meccas on the planet. Surely there must be a few killer pizza joints around Milwaukee.
agreed!!  I gotta see what this chi town deepdish is all about and if it even compares to NYC pizza!

Who knows.maybe ill play better :-k  less grease!

blueraven

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/28/2011, 09:46 PM

Yeah no shit. tS, you're coming off as an elitist. It's the best grilled $3 burger in Milwaukee with grass-fed beef, free-range eggs, and sourced local dairy and ingredients plus fresh daily frozen custard; an original Wisconsin staple. Your attempt to say that the Japanese restaurant is "real food" is a misnomer; as all food that yields calories is "real food" per se. :mrgreen:

Quit the posturing and eat a fucking burger with the pcefx'ers. I'd cheers you with a waffle cone of "Flavor of the Day" if you showed up. :D

I'm assuming you're not an ethical Vegan. :wink:

FIGHTING STREET FUCK YEAH

HardCAW Cru.

Mathius

turbogrfxfan

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: blueraven on 01/29/2011, 01:43 AMYeah no shit. tS, you're coming off as an elitist. It's the best grilled $3 burger in Milwaukee with grass-fed beef, free-range eggs, and sourced local dairy and ingredients plus fresh daily frozen custard; an original Wisconsin staple. Your attempt to say that the Japanese restaurant is "real food" is a misnomer; as all food that yields calories is "real food" per se. :mrgreen:

Quit the posturing and eat a fucking burger with the pcefx'ers. I'd cheers you with a waffle cone of "Flavor of the Day" if you showed up. :D

I'm assuming you're not an ethical Vegan. :wink:
No Vegan powers to be seen here.....but I am sorry for coming off dickish- to hang with some chummers and chat about our beloved pce would be totally jawesome!!  I'm up for whatevs- Burgers... pizza, it all sounds good.

blueraven

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 01/30/2011, 11:23 PMNo Vegan powers to be seen here.....but I am sorry for coming off dickish- to hang with some chummers and chat about our beloved pce would be totally jawesome!!  I'm up for whatevs- Burgers... pizza, it all sounds good.
Cool! likewise on the LOLrage. haha :mrgreen:

bartre

yeah, the burgers and cream sound good to me.
what place was it again?  I appear to have missed something...

guyjin

Quote from: bartre on 01/31/2011, 01:04 AMyeah, the burgers and cream sound good to me.
what place was it again?  I appear to have missed something...
Unless the poll radically changes, it'll be at the Kopp's nearest the MGC - I have yet to look up which one that is.

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 01/30/2011, 11:23 PMNo Vegan powers to be seen here.....but I am sorry for coming off dickish- to hang with some chummers and chat about our beloved pce would be totally jawesome!!  I'm up for whatevs- Burgers... pizza, it all sounds good.
if it makes you feel any better, I'll buy some Asahi from my local asian supermarket and bring you some :)

NecroPhile

Quote from: guyjin on 01/31/2011, 05:55 PMif it makes you feel any better, I'll buy some Asahi from my local asian supermarket and bring you some :)
Go ice fishing and bring him a nice blue gill  -  now that's fresh sushi!

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guyjin on 01/31/2011, 05:55 PM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 01/30/2011, 11:23 PMNo Vegan powers to be seen here.....but I am sorry for coming off dickish- to hang with some chummers and chat about our beloved pce would be totally jawesome!!  I'm up for whatevs- Burgers... pizza, it all sounds good.
if it makes you feel any better, I'll buy some Asahi from my local asian supermarket and bring you some :)
No worries we'll probably hit up some Sushi Friday night, or for lunch one of those days.

turbogrfxfan

see its all about the turbo love!!!!  awesome!!!!  Im happy that were all going to hang out.  For me thats a major part of the trip!!!  are you going to do turbo fest there t-star?