RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Sonic Fan Remix

Started by TheClash603, 02/02/2011, 07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClash603

http://sonicfanremix.com/

I just saw this game for the first time today, and figured I'd post the link for anyone else who hasn't heard of it.  Sonic Fan Remix has a ton of potential, and I had a lot of fun playing the short 3 stages...

The game looks awesome, plays pretty well, and is in the spirit of the original games.  I am a big fan of the big Robotnik that was floating in the background, and the killer whale return.

Only issues i see is the lack of bonus stage, no power-ups, no bosses, and I fell through the ground a few times...  but this is just a demo afterall!

What do you guys think?

JoshTurboTrollX

Sonic fan Remix > Official Sonic 4

It looks so excellent!  If it ever gets finished it would be a dream for all sonic/retro sega fans!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Starfighter

Downloading it now.. Exciting!

I finished Sonic Colours (Wii) the other day and I was pretty happy with that game, I hope this is in the same league (or above?).

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Starfighter on 02/08/2011, 10:58 AMDownloading it now.. Exciting!

I finished Sonic Colours (Wii) the other day and I was pretty happy with that game, I hope this is in the same league (or above?).
How is Sonic Colours?  Is it similar to the Sonic Adventure games on DC?  I've heard that Sonic Colours on DS is actually really damn impressive.  I've been thinking of trying it out.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Starfighter

I have not seen the DS version at all but the one on Wii was fun, it is indeed like Sonic Adventure but instead of the 3D world between levels you have ordinary world maps that you navigate through. The "colours" (different skills Sonic can pick up) wasn't complicating things like I feared, instead they were quite a nice feature. It was on the easy side to say the least but I enjoyed it fully anyways.

Regarding the Fan Remix, I couldn't play it. How do you know when it's time so invest in a new computer? When the games lags so much you only see a couple of frames before it completely freezes - even if you have it on the lowest resolution and quality possible.

TheClash603

I have a pretty solid computer, and Sonic was even a little slow on mine.  The game is graphically a treat, with very detailed moving backgrounds.  Maybe with a little more work, it will run on older computers, sorry you couldn't get it running.

I saw Sonic Colors Wii on Amazon.com for $30.  Once it is $20, I am going to pick it up.  Sonic games have gotten to $20 pretty quickly these days.

Starfighter

I can never get over the fact that games are so cheap over there! :D The cheapest Sonic Colours you can get here is $50. I got Colours from a friend (friend discount ftw) at almost exactly $20 and I thought it was a super deal. :)

Tatsujin

looks very well done. much better than most of the big companies trying to resurrect the old times with uberfugly remakes, like the bonk games tec.

chapeau!!

just makes me horny to play some sonic 1 now :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 02/09/2011, 04:51 AMlooks very well done. much better than most of the big companies trying to resurrect the old times with uberfugly remakes, like the bonk games tec.

chapeau!!

just makes me horny to play some sonic 1 now :)
You had me at "chapeau" :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG