RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Game Informer interview with Falcom president

Started by ParanoiaDragon, 03/09/2011, 09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParanoiaDragon

GI did a 2 page spread of Falcom's history(with all the recent Falcom games coming to North America), including an interview of the current el presidente of Falcom.

IMG

Also, there are even more Falcom games coming courtesy of Xseed!  If we've figured out the hints correctly, it sounds like Brandish for PSP is coming over, although, some think it's Zwei!.  Either one would make me happy, though, I personally want to see Legend of Heroes Zero no Kiseki come out here, & to a lesser extent, Ys vs. Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki/Trails in the Sky, but, they have to bring out the 3 Sora no Kiseki/Trails in the Sky games first, which could take awhile, with the first one being released in a couple weeks.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

I pulled the interview out, put it in protecty sheets in a binder

and then tossed GI in the fuckin trash where it belongs.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

nectarsis

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 03/09/2011, 09:55 PMAlso, there are even more Falcom games coming courtesy of Xseed!  If we've figured out the hints correctly, it sounds like Brandish for PSP is coming over, although, some think it's Zwei!.  Either one would make me happy, though, I personally want to see Legend of Heroes Zero no Kiseki come out here, & to a lesser extent, Ys vs. Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki/Trails in the Sky, but, they have to bring out the 3 Sora no Kiseki/Trails in the Sky games first, which could take awhile, with the first one being released in a couple weeks.
I thought XSEED already stated Zwei!! was a no go as it was "to cutesy" to sell well (or something along those lines)?
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

ParanoiaDragon

That's what I thought too, which is why I think Brandish is more likely, but, some people believe Xseed has hinted at it for whatever reason.

Also, found a better link to the article https://i.imgur.com/IHO2X.jpg
IMG

DragonmasterDan

That's actually a great article, you hear so little from Falcom in US publications about their background, that's the first non-composer related Falcom interview I've ever seen in a US magazine. I'm actually very surprised considering it's from Game Informer.
--DragonmasterDan

NecroPhile

Thanks for sharing this nice little article, but the last two lines make me kinda sad.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Senshi

I don't want them to be released one chapter at a time, that's stupid,  but I'd rather them be released on PSN/XLA vs. a hand held system any day.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

NecroPhile

Quote from: Senshi on 03/10/2011, 03:23 PMI don't want them to be released one chapter at a time, that's stupid,  but I'd rather them be released on PSN/XLA vs. a hand held system any day.
Not me.  If they go download only, I'll be done with 'em.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ParanoiaDragon

I partially agree with you, as I ABHOR the idea of the download a chapter a month thing, like what Square did for Before Crisis(not that I actually played it, was Japan only), that whole thing ticks me off, & even just downloadable games only also ticks me off, however, I'll take anything Falcom any way I can get it, especially if it's in english, even if I hate the way it's presented.
Not me.  If they go download only, I'll be done with 'em.
IMG

incrediblehark

Quote from: guest on 03/10/2011, 02:05 AMI pulled the interview out, put it in protecty sheets in a binder

and then tossed GI in the fuckin trash where it belongs.
LMAO sounds about right with Game Informer

TR0N

Interesting read there though i didn't think falcom would even consider the psn&xbal for future release.While i do prefer a physical copy of the game if they offer dlc in the future that would give them more expsoure to,there titles.

At least in the west at least i still find people who don't know what Ys is,even from other psp owners  :P
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec