10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Jungle Bros: lord_cack's pet project! :)

Started by OldRover, 04/16/2011, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spenoza

In that case, I look forward to an AbCard release of this game! Because then I might be able to buy it and play it on actual hardware! Unless someone can find me an affordable SuperCD unit...

lord_cack

Quote from: guest on 03/13/2012, 03:18 PMIn that case, I look forward to an AbCard release of this game! Because then I might be able to buy it and play it on actual hardware! Unless someone can find me an affordable SuperCD unit...
Don't feel to bad, I am the game designer (See: Jungle Bros.: lord_cack's pet project! :).... though now it is undoubtedly and for the better of the project, definitely a team project) and I will have to buy a Super CD unit (probably a Duo RX) to play it.... else its Magic Engine for me....
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

spenoza

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 03/13/2012, 05:09 PM
Quote from: lord_cack on 03/13/2012, 04:19 PMelse its Magic Engine for me....
Ootake.
Seconded, at least until the bugs have been worked out of BizHawk.

ParanoiaDragon

Yeah, I have no way to even transfer midi files to my PC, as everything I do is hardware like in ye old PC Engine days of yore, with mostly Roland equipement.....like Ryo Yonemitsu :D  Seriously though, I barely understand midi, I understand it enough to get by, let alone the fact that I don't know how to play piano, I just figure out in my head where I want to go, & gradually bust it out on the sequencer(...that sounds kinda wrong!).  Plus, I'd have to narrow down my umpteen number of instrruemnts to only 3 or 4 in PSG.  Probably 3 instruments, & then use a 4th channel for the beats, to leave 2 channels for all the sound effects....which may not even be possible, seeing as how some of them are pcm like the beats would be, & I deffinitly wouldn't want the beat cutting out :-k

And that's not facturing in the time to make the rest of the soundtrack, as well as making PSG versions......this game would be MSR all over again(in regards to how long the game takes to be released)...but entirely on my shoulders!  As cool as it would be to make chiptunes, I won't be doing it for a looooooong time, if ever.  I have too many projects in the works, & others I'd like to put into the works, to even begin to think about it.  

So, in other words, excuses, excuses, EXCUSES!  ](*,) :D
IMG

Keranu

If a AbCard Jungle Bros were to be released, maybe get someone else to port the soundtrack to PSG (Arkhan! :D ).
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

esteban

Quote from: Keranu on 03/13/2012, 07:56 PMIf a AbCard Jungle Bros were to be released, maybe get someone else to port the soundtrack to PSG (Arkhan! :D ).
IMG Cook says it won't truly be Sanford & Son unless it is a CD game!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keranu

Now you got me interested in hearing a PSGafied Sanford & Son!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

ParanoiaDragon

Yeah, but Sanford & Son oviously won't be in the final game.  The Sanford & Son theme is what LC was looking for in what he wanted as the title screen.  My song should have some similarities, but deffinitly be a different song.
IMG

Mathius

Do either of you have any ideas on a marquee or some other kind of info sheet we can use to identify your games at MGC? We just don't have the time to do one. I asked Rove but he's MIA at the moment.

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 03/14/2012, 01:00 AMDo either of you have any ideas on a marquee or some other kind of info sheet we can use to identify your games at MGC? We just don't have the time to do one. I asked Rove but he's MIA at the moment.
I suppose it would be neat if the title screen logo was on the marquee:

IMG

lord_cack

OldRover

The marquees are finished... just gonna send a preview to Mathius to confirm that they're decent enough for the show. :)
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Mishran

So we should expect a playable demo at the show? Yippee! :dance:

OldRover

Yes, expect a playable demo of Jungle Bros at MGC... the deadline for finishing the demo is in 1 hour and 14 minutes. :)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

OldRover

I'm having some problems getting JB to burn... no idea why. MSR burned just fine, and AC burned great the other day. JB is being defiant.

OldRover

Turned out to be an audio track that was too short... I fixed that and then it burned fine. Both games passed the hardware test with flying colors.

lord_cack

Quote from: lord_cack on 03/18/2012, 09:02 PMIt makes me wanna bump for joy  :dance:
Quote from: OldRover on 03/18/2012, 10:47 PMYes, expect a playable demo of Jungle Bros at MGC...
It makes me wanna.... Nevermind.... :dance:

OldRover

Demos are all packaged up and ready to ship. :)

incrediblehark

I won't be able to make it to MGC, is there any way I can get a copy of the demo to play when the time comes?

OldRover

frozenutopia.com/gamedemos.jpg

I'm all out of gold discs, so I can't make any more burns. If you want a copy of the demo, you'd have to talk to lord_cack, as he has the final say on this project.

lord_cack

I think I would like to hold off on a demo release for others just yet. I am pretty sure everyone is excited and when they get a chance to see (and play) the game, I think you will get even more excited for the project.

But, that being said, I would like to still keep it a bit "in house" for now. Maybe later this year, summer or so, we can release an ISO Demo. But I won't send out any other actual discs. I don't need demo discs up on EBAY for $$$ just yet  :P

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

grahf

incrediblehark

Quote from: lord_cack on 03/19/2012, 04:58 PMI think I would like to hold off on a demo release for others just yet. I am pretty sure everyone is excited and when they get a chance to see (and play) the game, I think you will get even more excited for the project.

But, that being said, I would like to still keep it a bit "in house" for now. Maybe later this year, summer or so, we can release an ISO Demo. But I won't send out any other actual discs. I don't need demo discs up on EBAY for $$$ just yet  :P
Understood, I'll just have to wait patiently to play the game then. And yeah the ebay thing would probably happen, but don't worry about me being the one to do it ;)

mrhaboobi

id love to play the demo here in NZ, at some point if you do flick off a disk then i'd be keen to give it a go :)..  I agree the ebay thing would happen with some people, though as incrediblehark says, it wouldnt be me ;)
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

lord_cack

Of course, it wouldn't be anybody O:)

nat

It's never anybody until it comes time to buy a house/send the kid to college/raise money for Grandma's chemo....

CrackTiger

I didn't realize that there was already a high quality video up for the MGC Jungle Bros demo-
IMGIMGIMG

IMGIMGIMG

IMG
IMG
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

spenoza

You learn all sorts of interesting things when you follow the Frozen Utopia YouTube channel.

PikachuWarrior

lol, i see the same two clouds in more than one location! :)
IMG

cabbage

Quote from: guest on 05/21/2012, 01:39 AMI didn't realize that there was already a high quality video up for the MGC Jungle Bros demo-
I just saw this video today... the sanford & son music cracked me up :D
Looks like this project is coming along nicely--really looking forward to playing it. Keep up all the hard work!

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: cabbage on 05/21/2012, 03:49 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/21/2012, 01:39 AMI didn't realize that there was already a high quality video up for the MGC Jungle Bros demo-
I just saw this video today... the sanford & son music cracked me up :D
Looks like this project is coming along nicely--really looking forward to playing it. Keep up all the hard work!
For the title screen, Lord Cack wanted something along the lines of Sanford & Son, & I have it planned out for the most part(assuming my song comes together as I planned), but since I haven't gotten to it yet(trying to just focus on level tunes....& there's ALOT of them!), we just went ahead & temporarily put the Sanford n Son theme in there.  It'll probably be one of the last tunes I work on honestly, but, we'll see how things go.  Maybe I'll plow thru several level tunes, & be in the mood to do the title.
IMG

jlued686

Was thinking about this game today... Would be kinda cool if it was a Pyramid Plunder tie-in. You know, same character, different style game.

Just thinking "out loud".

ParanoiaDragon

I think LC tried to make some tie-in's to PP, but it didn't work out IIRC.  He did the gfx for both, & it would've been sweet to have the cross-breeding of FU & AB, but oh well. :(
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Yeah, he did the tile art for the game.  but the whole Egyptian theme is mostly just a generic idea based off the many we thought about. 

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mishran

Couldn't Lootin' Larry be JB's second cousin or something? Having ties between the two would be cool. Make Larry a hidden, unlockable, guest character in Jungle Bros. =P~ His weapon could be throwing gold bars at the enemies. :P

ParanoiaDragon

Hmmm, maaaaaaybe that could work.  Instead of throwing boomerang's n' such like normal, he could throw gold bars or whatever.  I suppose we could have him look slightly different then the Jungle Bros., though I don't know how much.  I would think we'd mainly want to keep him the same size for the hitbox, unless Nod would want to adjust things moreso for Larry.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Mishran on 03/16/2013, 10:54 PMCouldn't Lootin' Larry be JB's second cousin or something? Having ties between the two would be cool. Make Larry a hidden, unlockable, guest character in Jungle Bros. =P~ His weapon could be throwing gold bars at the enemies. :P
I think it would be nice if Lootin' Larry was at least referenced in Jungle Brothers...but being a playable character would be super duper.

[dos centavos]
I know Lord_Cack has many (if not all) stage artwork planned out...but I WOULD LOVE SOME SUBTLE VISUAL HOMAGES to Pyramid Plunder. Even something as simple as a LONE PYRAMID PEEKING OVER THE TREELINE/HORIZON in one of the stages. Or some of the power-ups/bonus items (found in hidden nooks and crannies) might reference Pyramid Plunder.

Anyway, I don't want Lord_Cack's vision to be diluted by Pyramid Plunder references, but I think it would be neat to incorporate them, especially since the assets to Pyramid Plunder are available.

[/dos centavos] (Which, at current market value, is far less than US $00.02)

hoobs88

This game looks great so far! Like a cross between Super Mario Bros (treasure boxes instead of question blocks) and Castlevania (whip and boomerang). Digging the music too!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Bardoly

Quote from: Mishran on 03/16/2013, 10:54 PMCouldn't Lootin' Larry be JB's second cousin or something? Having ties between the two would be cool. Make Larry a hidden, unlockable, guest character in Jungle Bros. =P~ His weapon could be throwing gold bars at the enemies. :P
I second this!

saturndual32

Sorry to bring back this old topic, but Jungle Bros was looking awesome!. So what happened to it?.
Being a big fan of action/platform games, this game had me very interested.

Mathius

I still have my demo copy Rove made for MGC 2012. Should I give it a proper burial?

ParanoiaDragon

AFAIK, it's dead.  At least for now.  There may have been talk of someone else picking it up, like carrying over to Eponasoft, or maybe even Aetherbutt?  However, I haven't heard from Lord Cack in maybe a year or more.  Same goes for Rover & Keranu, haven't seen them around lately.  Plus, Rover was going thru some serious trials & trib's last I heard! 

A lot was done in regards of gfx between Lord Cack, Black Tiger, & Keranu.  And I'd say I finished most of the soundtrack(with a few songs from Odonadon that I jazzed up a bit, & 2 that I re-did from some of my bros. old trip hop material).  I actually stopped working on it when I lost all the memory in my sequencer(in the middle of jazzing up Odonadon's boss track), so I moved on(for now) to doing a rebook soundtrack for Bonknuts CD port of Mega Man.

It is what it is for now.  If it comes alive again, dope, if not, I'll just keep working on other stuffs. :/
IMG

saturndual32

Thats a shame. I loved the music from the Jungle Bros. demos, ParanoiaDragon. That was yours?, great stuff!

CrackTiger

Last I heard from lord_cack and Keranu, they were hoping to find someone to port it to iOS or Xbox Live Arcade or something in the meantime.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TurboXray

Who has all the assets to the game?

touko

TurboXray

Quote from: touko on 12/11/2015, 03:31 AM
Quote from: TurboXray on 12/10/2015, 02:59 PMWho has all the assets to the game?
Are you interested ??   :wink:
It's seems such a shame to let it go to waste, doesn't it? I mean, it needs a PCE release.

touko

QuoteIt's seems such a shame to let it go to waste, doesn't it? I mean, it needs a PCE release.
i agree man  :wink: