@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Midwest Gaming Classic 2012

Started by Mathius, 05/18/2011, 12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nando

Quote from: majors on 03/27/2012, 10:42 AMBars and resturants, yes...not at grocery store and quickie-marts after 9.
Funky! that's them them there laws I guess. :D

Looks like you all had a blast regardless. MOAR PICS!!

esteban

It's fun to see all the pictures and videos. I wish I had been able to be there, too.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mishran

Quote from: Ash on 03/28/2012, 12:20 AM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 03/27/2012, 11:09 AMHighlight of the weekend was playing boxy boy at BMWs pad
I Had A Good Time With You Guys At BMW's Pad too. I had a wonderful time at MGC :)
Glad everyone had a good time. Too bad I never got a call about it. If you guys didn't want me around, could have just said so instead of having me hanging around waiting for a call. :(

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Mishran on 03/28/2012, 07:42 AM
Quote from: Ash on 03/28/2012, 12:20 AM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 03/27/2012, 11:09 AMHighlight of the weekend was playing boxy boy at BMWs pad
I Had A Good Time With You Guys At BMW's Pad too. I had a wonderful time at MGC :)
Glad everyone had a good time. Too bad I never got a call about it. If you guys didn't want me around, could have just said so instead of having me hanging around waiting for a call. :(
Say what?
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mishran on 03/23/1974, 01:58 PMGlad everyone had a good time. Too bad I never got a call about it. If you guys didn't want me around, could have just said so instead of having me hanging around waiting for a call. :(
I apologize if you got missed.  The whole weekend was a big whirlwind of trying to get everything done as well as grabbing every moment of fun available.   Next year will be a little better organized as far as the turbo cru goes.

Sorry Mish!!!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 03/26/2012, 10:46 PM
Quote from: Keranu on 03/26/2012, 10:40 PMDid Mysterious Song and Jungle Bros ever get up and running on display?
They were both up and running and seemed to be a hit. I saw a lot of people playing both. One of JoshTurboTrollX-16's kids didn't like Jungle Brothers and I hope he was punished appropriately.
He is currently on page 4 of a 10 page hand written apology to Rove.  ;)
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mishran

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/28/2012, 08:07 AM
Quote from: Mishran on 03/23/1974, 01:58 PMGlad everyone had a good time. Too bad I never got a call about it. If you guys didn't want me around, could have just said so instead of having me hanging around waiting for a call. :(
I apologize if you got missed.  The whole weekend was a big whirlwind of trying to get everything done as well as grabbing every moment of fun available.   Next year will be a little better organized as far as the turbo cru goes.

Sorry Mish!!!
Missed... right, gotcha...

Tatsujin

how could that happened? is the MGC a 10 million peeps event? is it like 10x louvre size, where it takes you 10 days to find the very last room? or was you like waiting two days in front of the entrance waiting for a call which never came?  I don't geddid.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

BlueBMW

All I can do is apologize.

I got to the MGC at 8:30 Friday morning.  I was setting up / working until nearly midnight Friday.   I got there Saturday morning well before the show started and stayed well after doing more setup.  Sunday morning same deal and didnt leave the show til almost 8pm  (the show ended at 5)   Like I said, it was a whirlwind of non stop something.  If I forgot to call someone (in fact two people now that I think of it) I am sorry.  All that was missed was two hours of 5 of us playing a few rounds of turbo and neo geo.  While it was fun it wasnt that much of an event.  Anyone here will tell you thst I try and accomodate everyone I can every chance I get, often to my own detriment or expense.  So for the fourth time now... I apologize!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Tatsujin

hell, i don't think you can be blamed for that on any charges. as I said, i don't get it at all how he couldn't find you guys without that important to the obey room invitation call or something. how old are we?

BlueBMW

I can be blamed since I think I might have been the only person with Mishrans phone number.  I dropped the ball... on my foot... and broke a toe.

Mishran

Either way, it doesn't matter. I think I'm going to stick with the local shows from now on anyway, though I have a whole year to change my mind. Had alot of fun and it was great to meet you guys in person. Had a blast in the arcade room and was glad I had an opportunity to play some Jungle Bros while there. Only spent a few minutes with MSR, but I can tell its going to be a game well worth the wait.

Here is what I walked away with.

/img0269z.jpg

MVS and RPGs I haven't had a chance to mess with, but the others are fun. Zipang is actually a rather good puzzle game, even though I never heard of it until the show. Wonder Momo is... different... with no better way to describe it. The Japanese MVS game is Samurai Shodown 4.

3 Count and World Heroes have the mini marquees and the World Heroes box also had these in it.

/img0270rn.jpg

Blue paper is an explanation of the soft dip setting for the WH2 game.
Quite unexpected, but very welcome! :)

JoshTurboTrollX

Blue, I had his number too.  I'm really not understanding why mishran would be upset.

We exchanged #s on Saturday. I called Mishran at 12:45 on Saturday asking if he wanted to join us, he said they were busy, and I said 'call me anytime to hang out sometime over the weekend.'  I never received a phone call back.  Color me confused.  That was the end of it as far as I can tell.  He had my number if he wanted to meet up somewhere or to find out if there was some after party activities.  And definitely knew where we were hanging out for a majority of the weekend.

I showed up with my kids on Friday at 1pm and we pretty much worked til 1am.  Then ran the museum with JD switching out consoles, carrying around TVs, climbing on things, crawling under things, and making sure the masses weren't screwing with our personal gaming collections all weekend, that is till we finally left the hotel at 8pm on Sunday.

Also, just for the record, not everyone was at beemer's pad gaming, mostly just the people that were staying there rather than getting a hotel for the weekend.

majors

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 03/28/2012, 11:25 AMAlso, just for the record, not everyone was at beemer's pad gaming, mostly just the people that were staying there rather than getting a hotel for the weekend.
Or getting rides to the airport.

Don't feel too bad Mish', I got left at the hotel on Saturday...I missed my window to get a ride. I could have got up on Friday with the PCEFX crew but I hung out with another buddy that only had that evening free.

I'm totally down with the pre-con Thurs/Fri thing next year. I'd take Friday off from work.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 03/28/2012, 11:25 AMAlso, just for the record, not everyone was at beemer's pad gaming, mostly just the people that were staying there rather than getting a hotel for the weekend.
Or those of us who only came up for one day.
--DragonmasterDan

nectarsis

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 03/28/2012, 11:41 AM
Or those of us who only came up for one day.
Or left earlier Sunday :\

Besides out of the 5 people there, 2 were already staying there (BM, and elabit), 2 were a couple (Mathius/Ash)....and well yeah there was majors  #-o :lol:
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Mathius

Sorry about that, Mish. I knew you guys had to cut out at 3 am Monday morning, and we didn't see you back at the DHG Room after the show so I figured you two went off to where you were staying. These guys here are the nicest bunch you'll ever meet. Everyone would have been welcome. :)

Tatsujin

Quote from: Mathius on 03/28/2012, 12:07 PMThese guys here are the nicest bunch you'll ever meet. Everyone would have been welcome. :)
Right, even i was.. virtually :D

Mishran

The idea of not going isn't the problem. The wife wanted to go exploring some more, but I wanted to stay close to the hotel waiting for a call that never came. She was more upset than I was/am. She knew I'd never get a call, but I put more faith in the situation. Again, it's done and over with. I'm going to personally drop the conversation about it nowm, because it finished.

Bernie

Sounds like just a simple miscommunication.

Mathius

Quote from: Bernie on 03/28/2012, 12:15 PMSounds like just a simple miscommunication. 
Yeah it was unfortunately. :(

nectarsis

I just don't get all the pessimism/negativity...especially from your old lady that knows us (and out intentions) even less than most.  I mean I only had BM's #, and elabits (as I got him from the airport)...and think I called/texted anyone like twice all weekend (end of day to find out where BM was so we could go back to the condo).  Most of us wandered around to find people for lunches, etc. before a phone was ever used.  Hell you were pretty ghost all weekend until a good chunk of the way thru Sunday...all part of the show man.  Most of us were out and about all weekend.

Mishran

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/28/2012, 12:19 PMI just don't get all the pessimism/negativity...especially from your old lady that knows us (and out intentions) even less than most.  I mean I only had BM's #, and elabits (as I got him from the airport)...and think I called/texted anyone like twice all weekend (end of day to find out where BM was so we could go back to the condo).  Most of us wandered around to find people for lunches, etc. before a phone was ever used.  Hell you were pretty ghost all weekend until a good chunk of the way thru Sunday...all part of the show man.  Most of us were out and about all weekend.
Well I don't think her feelings are personal. More like you guys not personally knowing me so don't expect open arms. Same as someone knocking on your front door and asking if they can come in. Would you let a stranger just come into your home? Likely not. There is, again, no negative feelings here. Just a few lost hours, nothing more.

JoshTurboTrollX

TheClash603

I won't say who...  but someone told me that they ignored somebody on purpose.

Mathius

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/28/2012, 07:04 PMI won't say who...  but someone told me that they ignored somebody on purpose.
Let's dial back the drama inducing talk. That's not what MGC is all about. :)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 03/28/2012, 06:40 PMI posted all the pics I took on facebook here-

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3112563011503.2132448.1187240232&type=1
This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Return home
--DragonmasterDan

nectarsis

Quote from: Mathius on 03/28/2012, 07:29 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/28/2012, 07:04 PMI won't say who...  but someone told me that they ignored somebody on purpose.
Agreed, what is this 3rd grade  :roll: #-o

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 03/28/2012, 07:54 PM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 03/28/2012, 06:40 PMI posted all the pics I took on facebook here-

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3112563011503.2132448.1187240232&type=1
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Return home
Works fine for me

Mishran

Long boring hours on base today gave me time to reflect more about what happened during the past several days. As a result I'd like to extend an apology to everyone at the MGC, especially Bemby. I had jumped the gun, issuing judgement and assuming the worse without considering the alternatives. Side effect from dealing with arrogant assholes in PA I suppose. I was the one who was stupid enough to wait around, so the fault for missing out on other endeavors falls on myself. It is ultimately me, BlueBMW, that owes you an apology, not the other way around. Whatever reason for not getting the call, your forgetting or not, wasn't for me to assume as it was your place to decide, not mine. You are all good people and I had allowed myself to forget that. Since I'm not really anything more than a nobody on these boards, I wouldn't really blame you guys for telling me to piss off.

nectarsis

Quote from: Mishran on 03/28/2012, 11:01 PMLong boring hours on base today gave me time to reflect more about what happened during the past several days. As a result I'd like to extend an apology to everyone at the MGC, especially Bemby. I had jumped the gun, issuing judgement and assuming the worse without considering the alternatives. Side effect from dealing with arrogant assholes in PA I suppose. I was the one who was stupid enough to wait around, so the fault for missing out on other endeavors falls on myself. It is ultimately me, BlueBMW, that owes you an apology, not the other way around. Whatever reason for not getting the call, your forgetting or not, wasn't for me to assume as it was your place to decide, not mine. You are all good people and I had allowed myself to forget that. Since I'm not really anything more than a nobody on these boards, I wouldn't really blame you guys for telling me to piss off.
Meh water under the bridge....no need for anyone to tell you to piss off ;)

Tatsujin

IMG

Mathius

We welcome anyone whether or not they are long time forum members. What we are about are friendship and camaraderie. Forum seniority isn't important. If you love to Obey then that's all that matters. Even if you don't we'll learn ya. :)

chany60126

Had a great time at the show. Will definitely make the effort to stay for both days next year. :)

OldRover

The only nobody around these parts is... nobody. :)
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mishran on 03/28/2012, 11:01 PMSince I'm not really anything more than a nobody on these boards, I wouldn't really blame you guys for telling me to piss off.
500+ posts isnt a nobody and the fact that we recognized your forum name tells me that we thought you were somebody hehe.  And certainly there was no intent to tell anyone to piss off (that's reserved for Majors)

Next year I'm hoping to organize the pre/post con activities a little better.

Oh and, no apology necessary on your part.  Mistakes were made on all sides.  All is well with the world. 

I like Twinkies.

bartre

I dislike Twinkies.
Piss off. :lol:

OldRover

Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

JoshTurboTrollX

Return home
I thought if I made the album public it would allow anyone to view it..... I guess it's only if you're a member of facclerbookster?

esteban

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 03/29/2012, 07:25 AM

Return home
I thought if I made the album public it would allow anyone to view it..... I guess it's only if you're a member of facclerbookster?
Yes, it would appear so. Facebook uses this as leverage to increase the number of members. But, I finally crumbled and created a Facebook account. I was a hold-out for a long time...  IMG  :pcgs:

Back on topic: it is fun to look at all the photos. For folks who are lazy/don't want to crumble to the Facebook Leviathan just yet:

IMG

I thought folks would be curious about how MSR and Jungle Bros. were displayed at the show  :pcgs:. I simply took one of JoshTurboTrollX-16's pics and cropped it.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Nando

That Contra cabinet pic was all sorts of sweet. Last time I played on one of those I was 11yrs old :D

jeffhlewis

Jungle Bros was awesome - I had a chance to play through the whole demo while not running around babysitting consoles and keeping people from trying to grab my KOF98 AES cart from under the table.

My personal MGC horror story - there was an original dedicated set of Capcom cabs in the Jersey Jack pinball area - a Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and a SF3 Third Strike. Not the plan ol' uprights mind you, but legit, blue 6'5" QSound cabs. I've got 3 cabs in my garage right now and don't have room for anymore - I've been trying to unload a Centipede cabinet for months. So unless I could wheel and deal my centipede cab I was out of luck.

So at the show, there was a SF2 Turbo in a dynamo cab (which needed a little TLC and restoration but was structurally sound with a good monitor) for $250, and by the end of the show those two Capcom cabs were $400 a pop. I ran down to the arcade hall as we were packing up the console room and offered the centipede cab straight up for SF2. The guy said he would do it all day but couldn't take the centipede. Ran down to Jersey Jack and offered Centipede + $150 for either of the CPS cabs. They agreed but backed off when I told them I live 15 minutes from the interstate onramp. Damn.

The Jersey Jack guys came back to me again and offered to meet me at the 94/KR exit in Kenosha to do a swap. They said that if I didn't buy those cabs today they were going to strip them, sell the monitor and boards and take a saws-all to the cabs themselves and dump them. It broke my heart but I just can't do it with a planned move to downtown Milwaukee this summer. 1200 square feet in a high rise condo does not leave me a lot of space for 4 arcade cabinets, haha.

If anyone is ever interested in buying an arcade cab, MGC (at least this year) was definitely the place to do it. The prices were VERY reasonable and most of the sellers just wanted to unload their stock. I was able to talk a lot of those guys down on price. A lot cheaper than even Craigslist.

Should have a video up tonight for the DHG console room. I'll post it here.

nectarsis

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 03/29/2012, 12:27 PMJungle Bros was awesome - I had a chance to play through the whole demo while not running around babysitting consoles and keeping people from trying to grab my KOF98 AES cart from under the table.

My personal MGC horror story - there was an original dedicated set of Capcom cabs in the Jersey Jack pinball area - a Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and a SF3 Third Strike. Not the plan ol' uprights mind you, but legit, blue 6'5" QSound cabs. I've got 3 cabs in my garage right now and don't have room for anymore - I've been trying to unload a Centipede cabinet for months. So unless I could wheel and deal my centipede cab I was out of luck.

So at the show, there was a SF2 Turbo in a dynamo cab (which needed a little TLC and restoration but was structurally sound with a good monitor) for $250, and by the end of the show those two Capcom cabs were $400 a pop. I ran down to the arcade hall as we were packing up the console room and offered the centipede cab straight up for SF2. The guy said he would do it all day but couldn't take the centipede. Ran down to Jersey Jack and offered Centipede + $150 for either of the CPS cabs. They agreed but backed off when I told them I live 15 minutes from the interstate onramp. Damn.

The Jersey Jack guys came back to me again and offered to meet me at the 94/KR exit in Kenosha to do a swap. They said that if I didn't buy those cabs today they were going to strip them, sell the monitor and boards and take a saws-all to the cabs themselves and dump them. It broke my heart but I just can't do it with a planned move to downtown Milwaukee this summer. 1200 square feet in a high rise condo does not leave me a lot of space for 4 arcade cabinets, haha.

If anyone is ever interested in buying an arcade cab, MGC (at least this year) was definitely the place to do it. The prices were VERY reasonable and most of the sellers just wanted to unload their stock. I was able to talk a lot of those guys down on price. A lot cheaper than even Craigslist.

Should have a video up tonight for the DHG console room. I'll post it here.
I'm still SERIOUSLY considering bringing a trailer next year.....and I do have some place to store cabs for awhile for local peeps ;)

Ash

I totally agree with Mathius.

Mathius

Quote from: chany60126 on 03/28/2012, 11:15 PMHad a great time at the show. Will definitely make the effort to stay for both days next year. :)
Make it happen, Chany! :-$ :D

Mishran

Quote from: Ash on 03/29/2012, 04:49 PM
I totally agree with Mathius.
It's petty, sad, and pathetic. Why do people insist on being that way? I just don't get it. I'm sure an understanding, or even an amends, can be had if some effort was put forth. Life is too short for this shit. There are misunderstandings, naturally, but to completely ignore an individual for something most likely ridiculous? Really? Grow up.

BlueBMW

Clash threw that line out there intentionally to try and stir up drama.  No one said that they ignored anyone on purpose.  What clash said is complete fiction.

Mishran

TheClash603

Quote from: Mishran on 03/29/2012, 10:00 PMClash must be from PA...
Maybe I picked up a taste of the PA-tude by bordering it?

BlueBMW