10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

About KOEI save module

Started by Tolvatar, 05/30/2011, 10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tolvatar

Hello
I see in some japanese sites like Yahoo Auctions and www.suruga-ya.jp games from KOEI with this TAG:
"WITHセーブくん付き"
I found this tag on 2 games:

Aoki Ookami To Shiroki Mejika - Genchouhishi (蒼き狼と白き牝鹿元朝秘史)
Nobunaga No Yabou - Bushou Fuu Unroku (信長の野望 武将風雲録)

What this TAG means?
Are special packs with the KOEI save module or the games can use it but the device is not inside?

Can anyone explain?
Thanks

akamichi

That tag means that the save module is included with the game.  I don't remember if the module was bundled in one large package or not.

I noticed that they have 2 listings for that Aoki Ookami game.  One with the tag and one without.  btw, the listing for Nobunaga no Yabou says it does not include the module.

hope this helps...

- akamichi

Tolvatar

Many thanks. It helps a lot.
I think my question is solved.

rag-time4

I believe Nobunaga no Yabou Bushoufuuunroku (Lord of Darkness) was originally packaged with the Save-Kun.

If you look at the spine card for the game, there is interestingly no barcode:

IMG

spine card image link

I wasn't aware of Aoki Ookami To Shiroki Mejika (Genghis Khan II) being packaged with Save-Kun but I suppose it's possible.

For anyone interested in playing any of these, the NEC MB-128 unit is also compatible. You must have either the MB-128 or Save-Kun to save your game.

Tolvatar

Really interesting. No barcode like the 3x3 eyes pack with VHS
So the game should be inside another box with the KOEI device.

rag-time4

Quote from: Tolvatar on 05/30/2011, 01:09 PMReally interesting. No barcode like the 3x3 eyes pack with VHS
So the game should be inside another box with the KOEI device.
Yes, but I have never seen a sealed set for sale. Would love to find one myself as I'm a big KOEI fan.

Tolvatar

Jap wikipedia says:

セーブくん (KH-1001) メーカー希望小売価格 5,980円
    光栄(現・コーエー )が発売したバックアップユニット。価格・性能ともにメモリーベース128と同等であり、主に『 信長の野望・武将風雲録 』に同梱発売された。

Googled:
Save kun (KH-1001) MSRP 5,980 yen
     Sakai Akira (Koei now) has launched a backup unit. 128 is equivalent to both the price-performance memory-based, mainly Bushou [book] was released Nobunaga's Ambition Susumu Take shipped.

So it was sold with Nobunaga, you are right Rag.
Someday i´ll found photos of it.

rag-time4

Just to add, the spinecard I have for Aoki Ookami To Shiroki Mejika (Genghis Khan II) has a barcode:

IMG

image link

Tolvatar

For those who understand japanese.

http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~tetuya/FXHP/pcengine/hard/savekun.html

Translate with google is loosing time.