OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Esperknight and Filler's PC-FX Translation Projects

Started by Filler, 06/07/2011, 09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deubeul

Filler

Thanks guys! It still needs a lot of work imo. I recently shortened the item names to fit in the space in the menu, and Esperknight is working on a VWF routine. I think it would be okay without it, but it would be great if he manages to get it to work.

IMGIMG

I need to refresh myself on what the control codes do and how we're dealing with formatting for the text boxes. Then of course play the whole game and note anything that's not translated and any errors. There are currently quite a number of things that still show up in Japanese, but it's looking pretty playable anyway.

SuperPlay

Great news to hear that this is still being worked on :-)

PCEngineFX

Really great news!  Glad to see translation work is still going on.  I'm very much awaiting the day I can play TI in English!
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Wow!  Excellent news and great job on the work done thus far!!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Aggie Tsubi

Awesome news, thanks for the updates! I was worried you guys had abandoned the PC-FX projects.

xcrement5x

Super cool!

I'm very excited to hear progress on these isn't dead!

Jean la Montarde

Impressive work, really. Excited to see more progress :)
Sorry for my English I'm a Spanish guy XD

elmer

I'm really hoping that filler and EsperKnight will get want to get back to Team Innocent, and get it finished off.

Here's my contribution ... the font system is now hacked, and all the fonts can be replaced with something a little nicer.  :)

Original ROM font ...

IMG

Custom VWF font (with added drop-shadow) ...

IMG

xcrement5x

=D>

Is it possible that we could get 2 PC-FX fan translations in a SINGLE YEAR?!  :dance:  [-o<

NightWolve

Quote from: elmer on 08/20/2015, 04:54 PMCustom VWF font (with added drop-shadow) ...

IMG
Impressive work to be sure! How did you pull that off ? Like, say, how much PC-FX assembly code did you write/mod to accomplish the task ?

elmer

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/20/2015, 06:54 PMImpressive work to be sure! How did you pull that off ? Like, say, how much PC-FX assembly code did you write/mod to accomplish the task ?
Thanks! But ... hahaha ... the answer is, embarrassingly little!  :wink:

Instead of hijacking this thread with boring programmer-talk, I'll start up a thread in the Development section where the dull details of such things belong.  :lol:

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PCEngineFX

Quote from: elmer on 08/20/2015, 04:54 PMI'm really hoping that filler and EsperKnight will get want to get back to Team Innocent, and get it finished off.

Here's my contribution ... the font system is now hacked, and all the fonts can be replaced with something a little nicer.  :)

Original ROM font ...

IMG

Custom VWF font (with added drop-shadow) ...

IMG
This is great news elmer!  Please try to make this happen!  I've always been wanting to play Team Innocent but never could make it through (I can't read any Japanese).  Be really awesome to make this a reality!
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG

Aggie Tsubi

Ohhh, that new font looks excellent! Suits the feel of the game very well.

I'd love to see this one get finished off. I hope Ojousama Sousamou and Ah! Megami-sama haven't been abandoned either.