Donald Trump Thread aka End of Days

Started by Otaking, 03/02/2016, 01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

Slightly gamer related.

Anita Sarkisian put out a two minute video in response to Trump winning. And as expected because a republic is elected SJW women's rights, and the LGBT community should be afraid according to her. As well as get ready to fight back.

Also it's only white patriarchy because a white man was elected and not the white woman. Because this has some how caused us as Americans to take a step back in progression and minority rights.

How?  The changes and rights givin to the LGBT community in both marriage and military service. As well as the rights for females in the military to serve in combat jobs will not be taken away like some kind of grinch.

NecroPhile

At least some of those rights will be lost in court battles after Trump nominates far right judges to the Supreme Court. 
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MotherGunner

At least as in relief? Or at least as in quantity?  Hard to tell the tone there...
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Mednafen

Something(chilly air? :p)'s very, very wrong when people feel the need to vote for a blatant psychopath like Trump for President.  There's calculated contortion of the narrative that many politicians are guilty of, and then there's shameless straight-faced repeated lying Trump has engaged in.  Hopefully people understand the sort of person they elected, and we don't find out the hard way how easily the gap between truth and the perception of truth can become gargantuan.

NecroPhile

Quote from: MotherGunner on 11/10/2016, 01:35 PMAt least as in relief? Or at least as in quantity?  Hard to tell the tone there...
Just quantity.  Everyone should have equal access to public things, no matter their race, gender, sexuality, etc.

And I sure as hell don't give a fuck who's using what toilet.  It could be just one big unisex restroom for all I care.

geise

Everyone should have equal access to obey.  Not just collectards.

glazball

Quote from: guest on 11/10/2016, 09:37 AMThe electoral college needs to go, or at least each state should split their votes (like Maine and Nebraska do) to better represent the popular vote.
You fuckin nailed it Necro.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 11/10/2016, 01:59 PM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 11/10/2016, 01:35 PMAt least as in relief? Or at least as in quantity?  Hard to tell the tone there...
Just quantity.  Everyone should have equal access to public things, no matter their race, gender, sexuality, etc.

And I sure as hell don't give a fuck who's using what toilet.  It could be just one big unisex restroom for all I care.
Agreed.  I want to more easily be able to look at vaginas too.

Quote from: glazball on 11/10/2016, 02:54 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/10/2016, 09:37 AMThe electoral college needs to go, or at least each state should split their votes (like Maine and Nebraska do) to better represent the popular vote.
Problem is that the popular vote is also a bad representation of what people want, as the vast majority of the country doesn't vote.  Mandatory voting is an odd fix too, because most of the country dosent know anything about who is running.  Electoral college isn't a perfect system, but popular vote on its own sure as hell isn't either, I would like to hear some better alternatives.

jlued686

How about passing a basic IQ and civics test. I'm sure that'd help. ;)

Psycho Punch

What's the point of a civics test if you don't need an ID to vote.

And lol @ an IQ test in 2016, almost 2017.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Otaking

How about all voters need to pass a basic pussy grabbing test.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

xcrement5x

Quote from: TheClash603 on 11/10/2016, 03:47 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 11/10/2016, 01:59 PM

Agreed.  I want to more easily be able to look at vaginas too.

Quote from: NecroPhile on 11/10/2016, 09:37 AMThe electoral college needs to go, or at least each state should split their votes (like Maine and Nebraska do) to better represent the popular vote.
Problem is that the popular vote is also a bad representation of what people want, as the vast majority of the country doesn't vote.  Mandatory voting is an odd fix too, because most of the country dosent know anything about who is running.  Electoral college isn't a perfect system, but popular vote on its own sure as hell isn't either, I would like to hear some better alternatives.
I think splitting the electoral votes in a given state to represent the popular vote would make things much more equal (level,even?  Can't really put my finger on the term I want).  All or nothing is ridiculous, we're not gambling here.

jlued686

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 11/10/2016, 04:53 PMWhat's the point of a civics test if you don't need an ID to vote.
Forgive my ignorance, but what does one have to do with the other?

Emerald Rocker

QuoteThe electoral college needs to go, or at least each state should split their votes (like Maine and Nebraska do) to better represent the popular vote.
Strongly disagree with eliminating the electoral college, but I agree with states splitting their votes.  Unlike removing the electoral college, vote-splitting is something that could realistically happen since it's up to the individual states to decide.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

elmer

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 11/08/2016, 11:27 PMI'm surprised no one brought this up: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/simpsons-writer-who-predicted-trump-876295
Crazy cause Trump might actually win this..
So Lisa becomes President after President Trump bankrupts the country?  :-k

Could that perhaps be with an orgy of borrowing for job-creating infrastructure projects?  :-k

Now remind me again, what is the name "Lisa" a contraction for ... ... ... ah, yes, Elizabeth!

Elizabeth Warren 2020, anyone???

The USA really could be just as cartoon-like as people from other countries believe!  :wink:

MotherGunner

What we're really saying is, "The EC ONLY needs to go when my candidate loses.  When my candidate wins, however, I love the EC!" *rolls eyes*
-MG

Mednafen

Quote from: MotherGunner on 11/10/2016, 09:19 PMWhat we're really saying is, "The EC ONLY needs to go when my candidate loses.  When my candidate wins, however, I love the EC!" *rolls eyes*
When was the last time a Democratic Party Presidential candidate won the electoral college vote but lost the popular vote? ;)

Psycho Punch

You don't need a direct vote system, nor compulsory voting for every citizen. Trust me.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

MotherGunner

Quote from: Mednafen on 11/10/2016, 09:46 PM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 11/10/2016, 09:19 PMWhat we're really saying is, "The EC ONLY needs to go when my candidate loses.  When my candidate wins, however, I love the EC!" *rolls eyes*
When was the last time a Democratic Party Presidential candidate won the electoral college vote but lost the popular vote? ;)
I see what you mean.  My point is that had Clinton won but lost the popular vote, Clinton supporters would somehow look the other way when it comes to the EC.  And why shouldn't they?  That's what Trump supporters are doing now.  Would be interesting to see how many popular votes come in from the remaining states.  She is up at the time of this writing though.
-MG

TurboXray

Quote from: MotherGunner on 11/10/2016, 09:19 PM
What we're really saying is, "The EC ONLY needs to go when my candidate loses.  When my candidate wins, however, I love the EC!" *rolls eyes*
Nobody is saying that, you're just running your imagination into fucking overtime :)

MotherGunner

Quote from: TurboXray on 11/10/2016, 10:20 PM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 11/10/2016, 09:19 PM
Nobody is saying that, you're just running your imagination into fucking overtime :)
No way!  Show me proof that there were all these angry Obama supporters happy that he won but bitching about the EC as he won.  Show me one Trump supporter who's saying, "Fuck yea!! Trump...oh and the EC needs to fucking go!"  No.. when your candidate wins, you're too busy celebrating and can give fuck all about the EC.  It's only a problem when your candidate loses.  EC is not going away anyway, it takes literally an act of congress to change, and no Dem or Rep will act to change it since it CAN work to their advantage.  Think about it.
-MG

TurboXray

Well, not in so many words, cause he has good words, lots of good words - Trump had an issue with the EC system himself. Does that count?

MotherGunner

Quote from: TurboXray on 11/10/2016, 11:30 PMWell, not in so many words, cause he has good words, lots of good words - Trump had an issue with the EC system himself. Does that count?
Sort of does for sure, but then again it happened before he won.
-MG

BlueBMW

Many of you know I'm pretty left.  I was/am a diehard Sanders fan.  I believe there is a lot of merit in the European way of doing things.  I really feel like this country has gone downhill since Reagan.  I feel like trickle down economics have really hurt the lower and middle class working people of this country.

All that said. I am willing to give the GOP this chance.  They have full control, Presidency, House, Senate and Supreme Court (for the rest of my life unfortunately)  If they can somehow pull it off and "Make America Great" and somehow get the middle class back on its feet without just completely destroying the ecology of this planet, I could be converted.  Ill keep an open mind as best I can.  This is your chance GOP, if you don't deliver, it will be your end.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

thesteve

nailed it beemer

as for the EC, it prevents a ballot stuffing operation in one state from overriding the rest of the country
that only works however if the census isnt rigged/tampered

MotherGunner

-MG

esteban

Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/11/2016, 01:01 AMMany of you know I'm pretty left.  I was/am a diehard Sanders fan.  I believe there is a lot of merit in the European way of doing things.  I really feel like this country has gone downhill since Reagan.  I feel like trickle down economics have really hurt the lower and middle class working people of this country.

All that said. I am willing to give the GOP this chance.  They have full control, Presidency, House, Senate and Supreme Court (for the rest of my life unfortunately)  If they can somehow pull it off and "Make America Great" and somehow get the middle class back on its feet without just completely destroying the ecology of this planet, I could be converted.  Ill keep an open mind as best I can.  This is your chance GOP, if you don't deliver, it will be your end.
I love Beemer, but he is too kind and gracious. :)

This is the nicest thing I can say: Trump's era will re-energize  progressives to continue fighting, as we always have. And it will baptize (by fire) a new generation.

Growing up with the Reagan administration was the single-most important experience of my life. Everything I am now is rooted in Reagan's/Thatcher's legacy of inequality and brutality (America's national pastime was/is demonizing/scapegoating the most vulnerable groups in society).

I told my daughter that the creative, resilient battle against inequality/ injustice is lifelong. It always has been.

Even on a personal level: The best music, the best art, the best film, the best literature, the best research, the best journalism, et cetera, et cetera... is birthed from this struggle.

Like Beemer, I will welcome any progressive policies from Trump administration that result in net positives socially, politically, economically....

...but that won't happen.

I doubt that even a Clinton administration would have been able to achieve much (considering the state of Congress).

The Democrats have been Republican-Lite for decades (Bill Clinton, for example, absolutely decimated social welfare programs... It was a circle jerk of epic proportions as Republicans and Democrats gave each other facials when they weren't swallowing gallons of cum).

Considering how far right the Democrats and Republicans have shifted, we have a lot of work to do.

I blame the Democrats for selling out decades ago.

Fuck 'em.

Fuck me.

TRIVIA: Reagan visited my hometown of Bloomfield, NJ back in the day...the first and last time a president will do so? Maybe not. I am hoping Trump and Chrisite invite me to join them for a coffee+baklava  at one of the diners in Bloomfield. Naturally, it will be a little awkward—I'll have to tell Christie to suck my left one *after* Trump is finished.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

BigusSchmuck

Without monetary reform nothing will ever change. That is all.

NecroPhile

I voted for Bush in 2000 and said the Electoral College was wrong then too.  Go stuff words in someone else's mouth, asshole.

MotherGunner

I never said Obama didn't win both; read.

Necro, I love you, man!  Love Trumps Hate!
-MG

MotherGunner

Null, I totally agree with what you said, just wanted to point out I never argued he didn't win both.  I agree with you in that bitching there wouldn't have made sense which is why winners don't remember to go against the EC in the end.
-MG

NecroPhile

Translation: whiny twat wants to feel superior to others and posts ignorant, made-up nonsense.

Otaking

Looking at some worldwide newspaper headlines on Trump and saw this awesome one from Mexico, FUUUCK!

IMG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

MotherGunner

Necro, good on you for still wanting the EC gone even when your candidate has won! 

It shows the rest of us that you are not a hypocrite like so many people I know, (including myself).  Which is why I've admired you for some time. 

Apologies that you thought I was putting words in your mouth and that I'm an asshole. I really mean that.
-MG

dallaspattern

Your electoral collage is like out first past the post system. They're both outdated and don't perform in modern day politics the way they were designed to over a hundred years ago. There's a movement up here to bring in proportional representation, which would give the other parties a chance as well as making sure people are voted in according to the number of actual ballots cast. Modern day democracies have caught on to this long ago, it's a shame it's taken so long in the west.

As an aside, I wonder if all those angry alt-right turds have figured out that electing a bigot still won't get them laid.

esteban

Quote from: dallaspattern on 11/12/2016, 12:10 AMAs an aside, I wonder if all those angry alt-right turds have figured out that electing a bigot still won't get them laid.
Hahahhahaha.

I feel a little better now.

Laughter really is the best medicine.

:)

Bernie

Quote from: dallaspattern on 11/12/2016, 12:10 AMYour electoral collage is like out first past the post system. They're both outdated and don't perform in modern day politics the way they were designed to over a hundred years ago. There's a movement up here to bring in proportional representation, which would give the other parties a chance as well as making sure people are voted in according to the number of actual ballots cast. Modern day democracies have caught on to this long ago, it's a shame it's taken so long in the west.

As an aside, I wonder if all those angry alt-right turds have figured out that electing a bigot still won't get them laid.
Gotta love how some think he is a bigot.

thesteve

without the electoral college the rest of the country would have kicked California out years ago

TurboXray

Quote from: Bernie on 11/12/2016, 08:39 AMGotta love how some think he is a bigot. 
Blatantly refusing to disavow the KKK endorsement, by playing dumb, when questioned about it? I dunno. Probably a lot of other things he's said (though take your pick if it's bigotry or xenophobia, or both).

o.pwuaioc

If Donald Trump isn't a bigot, a man who's made numerous negative statements about people based solely on their gender, race, and religion, a man sued for racial discrimination and lost, a man who peddled the phony birth certificate lie for 8 years, then the word bigot has no meaning anymore.

Emerald Rocker

The word bigot *doesn't* have any meaning anymore, thanks to people who abused it (this election being an example).  The words "racist" and "misogynist" don't have meaning anymore, either (that was true even before the election started).

Maybe someday after people calm the heck down, these words can start to meaning something again.  But for now I've passed the point of caring and entered the point of LOLing.

TurboXray

They have meaning. They haven't lost anything. It's just more and more behavior is attributed to them. For example in the 80's and 90's, it was fine for "boys to be boys" and even take advantage of intoxicated girls (it's the girls fault; she should have known better) - "Sixteen Candles" is a prime example. If you watch this movie now and don't see the glaring issue with it - then I don't know what to say. I'm fine with definitions including the finer/small points that often get overlooked as "innocent" or "didn't really mean much by it". Those finer/small things are pretty annoying when frequency of use is pretty high. Yeah, they might not be blunt and insulting as other more serious views/attitudes/etc, but their impact is makes up for it in quantity. It applies to all these things; sexism, xenophobia, racism, bigotry, sexual assault culture, etc. For me, it wasn't so much of what Trump said in relation to those things, but that half the country resonated with it - or dismissed it. And this, coming from a person that's supposed to be a leader figure. The validation it gives to these attitudes is disgusting to be honest.

If this bothers you (complaining about the growing "insensitivity" of people), then it's a sign that you're part of a fading generation - your views and values aren't inline with current society. Better start practicing "get off my lawn", old timers :)

I know people were pissed off at the political elites (both sides), but I have no idea how any of these negative things Trump embraced had to do with any of that. I keep hearing that people were pissed, or sick and tired of politicians. Ok. I completely get that - even agree. But the stuff he said?? I don't get it.

If only Trump used his power for good, instead of republican... lol

Emerald Rocker

I haven't seen "Sixteen Candles", so I can't comment on that.

Misogyny
Sexism is prejudice and stereotyping based on gender.  Misogyny is supposed to mean hatred of women.  Many people now use the words interchangeably.  Therefore, "misogynist" has lost its meaning.  It's just a synonym for "sexist" now.

Example:
"Women shouldn't be in the military.  They're weaker than men and will just get hurt."
This is sexism (based on biological probability), but it's not misogyny.  There's no indication of any dislike of women -- in fact, the sexist who says this might cherish the women in his life.

I've been called a misogynist more than once for admitting to (and defending) sexist views.  It bothered me for a while, but that's why I've just started laughing at people who call me misogynist.  And then I say something extra-sexist just to piss them off.  Incidentally, 90% of the time it's a dude who's calling me a misogynist.  Women tend to like me.

Racist
Racism is supposed to mean prejudice and stereotyping based on race.  Many people now use the word to mean negative statements or behavior towards people of a minority race.  Therefore, "racist" has lost its meaning.  It now means "you said something I don't like and I want to undermine your credibility by using a socially-charged epithet".

Example:
"We should stop illegal immigrants from Mexico.  There are too many rapists and murderers coming into the country."
This is not racist.  It's about protecting our citizens from non-citizens.  It might be an unfair generalization about Mexicans who cross the border illegally, but it's not based on race.  It's based on the fact that there *is* a lot of border crime, and that there *is* a massive drug war going on in Mexico right now (especially in the areas closer to the border).

Also worth noting that "Mexican" is not a race.  There are multiple races in Mexico, and I don't want any of them illegally entering the country.  That includes the white ones.

Being called racist still bothers me.  I want to say something like "if I were actually racist, then I would make jokes like [insert racist joke here]", but I don't have the heart.  That would make me feel guilty.  So I just laugh in their face and say "YOU'RE THE RACIST!!" instead.

esteban

^ Emerald, you are trolling again. Nobody is fooled by you. I love playing the fool to your arsenic lollipop, so I'll bite. Or lick, as it were. A long, sickly-sweet lick.

Discounting/denying the existence of inequality, of course, is a trope that has lost its meaning. We have all heard it, ad nauseam, for millennia. Don't think I don't appreciate the irony of your tactics. :)  You invoke the ideals of "safety" and "protection", but you offer no such safety or protection to the most vulnerable groups in our society.

Emerald, we've heard it before. Rationalizing inequality/ denying it exists is hackneyed. It has lost its meaning. You don't have to demonize these vulnerable people, either, because scapegoating them is just as hackneyed.

Plus, you are too intelligent to *really* believe anything you wrote.

I know you achieve perverse pleasure rationalizing Trump's views for the purposes of trolling. Contrarians of the world, unite! I get it.

But even a nimble contortionist, such as yourself, needs to take an occasional break. If not, put that creative, fanciful energy of yours to work on your next post.

PROTIP: Inequality and injustice do not cease to exist because you find some words trite and cliche.

Also, if you are going to troll, at least have the courtesy to perform your alchemy on  *institutional/structural inequality*, because that is the crux of any genuine discussion/worthwhile troll.

You're welcome, comrade! I am happy to feed you. :)

crazydean

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 11/13/2016, 04:00 AMI haven't seen "Sixteen Candles", so I can't comment on that.

Misogyny
Sexism is prejudice and stereotyping based on gender.  Misogyny is supposed to mean hatred of women.  Many people now use the words interchangeably.  Therefore, "misogynist" has lost its meaning.  It's just a synonym for "sexist" now.

Example:
"Women shouldn't be in the military.  They're weaker than men and will just get hurt."
This is sexism (based on biological probability), but it's not misogyny.  There's no indication of any dislike of women -- in fact, the sexist who says this might cherish the women in his life.

I've been called a misogynist more than once for admitting to (and defending) sexist views.  It bothered me for a while, but that's why I've just started laughing at people who call me misogynist.  And then I say something extra-sexist just to piss them off.  Incidentally, 90% of the time it's a dude who's calling me a misogynist.  Women tend to like me.

Racist
Racism is supposed to mean prejudice and stereotyping based on race.  Many people now use the word to mean negative statements or behavior towards people of a minority race.  Therefore, "racist" has lost its meaning.  It now means "you said something I don't like and I want to undermine your credibility by using a socially-charged epithet".

Example:
"We should stop illegal immigrants from Mexico.  There are too many rapists and murderers coming into the country."
This is not racist.  It's about protecting our citizens from non-citizens.  It might be an unfair generalization about Mexicans who cross the border illegally, but it's not based on race.  It's based on the fact that there *is* a lot of border crime, and that there *is* a massive drug war going on in Mexico right now (especially in the areas closer to the border).

Also worth noting that "Mexican" is not a race.  There are multiple races in Mexico, and I don't want any of them illegally entering the country.  That includes the white ones.

Being called racist still bothers me.  I want to say something like "if I were actually racist, then I would make jokes like [insert racist joke here]", but I don't have the heart.  That would make me feel guilty.  So I just laugh in their face and say "YOU'RE THE RACIST!!" instead.
Seriously, get out of here with all your *facts*. The most important thing today is making sure everyone feels good about themselves.

Emerald Rocker

Esteban, you're misinterpreting what I wrote.  I never denied or rationalized the existence of inequality or injustice.  I said that people are using certain words -- words of particular intent -- in situations where that particular intent does not apply.  And by doing so, those words are losing their meaning (which also means they are losing their power).

Go ahead and argue that a border wall is a bad idea.  Go ahead and argue that most illegal immigrants aren't criminals, or that the internal strife in Mexico isn't as bad as I think it is (my friends in Mexico would disagree with you).  But don't call me racist.  The more often someone is unfairly called a racist, the more likely it is that they will eventually have an irrational response -- such as saying or doing something extremely racist just to piss you off.  No one wins if that happens.

Now I will address the new topics that you brought up.

1. Injustice is a terrible thing.  For example, it would be unjust to grant citizenship rights to illegal immigrants when there are thousands of immigrants who are trying to follow the process legally.  I oppose such injustice.

2. Inequality can be bad.  For example, the old-time laws that prevented citizens of color from voting were bad.  I support voting rights for people of color.

3. Inequality can be good.  For example, I think it's great that citizens can vote but non-citizens cannot.  I'll champion that kind of inequality for days.

TurboXray

I know they don't teach this in high school, but at some point in college (in your undergrade general courses), you should have learned at some point that dictionaries are not the authority on the strict meaning of words. They only report the popular usage of the word at that given time. Words, like all language, are organic and often times not strictly bound to one particular meaning. And I'm not talking about the trend to repurpose words with alternate meanings ("cool", "bad", etc).

That said, misogyny is the fear of women. Specifically, women in or rising to a position of power or authority. They, men, feel threatened on some deep inner level and thus the projection of anger - the typical outward response of fear. If one calls you misogynistic, it's probably because you're applying some stereotype or social construct as some sort of justification in arguing against whatever applicable role a women should play, act, or do. The person is simply making the assumption because you display this outwardly, that your view probably has its roots in misogyny. I mean, it's not a difficult connection to make. Maybe they're quick to call you that, but if you're simply laughing at people without any real honest introspect into the motives and underlying reasons for your own beliefs - well, that's just ignorance. Men have always been in a position of power over women. It's deep seeded in this society. And like a lot of learned behavior taught to children, as an adult you don't even understand the source of our own perspective. It's that deep ingrained.

Bloufo

Emerald Rocker

QuoteThey only report the popular usage of the word at that given time. Words, like all language, are organic and often times not strictly bound to one particular meaning
Yep, this is true.  I see which way the wind is blowing.  But I'm on this crusade because as a linguistics major I appreciate the richness that precise language offers, and as a human being I appreciate civil discourse.

If the world instead chooses epithets and word-bullying as a means to silence alternative thought, I'll be fine.  I can win at that game.