10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Started by esteban, 04/15/2018, 09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Yes, comrades.

Carpet binging of old posts will resume later.

117 ancient posts to go...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

wildfruit

You still haven't done your best and worst Ys music yet.
I've been waiting.

Psycho Punch

I'm going to post more threads just to be a dick (until LeTurboDoodle comes back in full force).
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

NightWolve

Ah, that's what's going on, you're gonna do a marathon catching-up read/post fest/sprint. Good luck!  :duran: :geni: :yuki:

Johnpv

Did you ever get your everdrive set up?

NightWolve

Nope, he answered that earlier, hasn't tried/tested a SD card with it yet.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 04/15/2018, 11:01 AMI'm going to post more threads just to be a dick (until LeTurboDoodle comes back in full force).
Hahahajjajajajjj. WELL PLAYED, comrade.

Well played.

I have so many half-finished ones, I think I'll have to release them as shorts...

Quote from: Johnpv on 04/16/2018, 07:20 AMDid you ever get your everdrive set up?
I think we are going on 3-4-5 years now?

I have found, forgotten, found, forgotten, etc. etc. my TED about 12 times now (no joke).

Like... just a few months ago I found it. But where the f€ck did I put it? I can't leave it out on my desk because it will get taken by kids or I will spill my coffee on it, so...where did I put it to keep it "safe"?

NightWolve

So I misunderstood the other exchange, I thought you recently had bought one! But 5 whole years and you never tested it ? Not good comrade, not good.

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve on 04/16/2018, 08:03 PMSo I misunderstood the other exchange, I thought you recently had bought one! But 5 whole years and you never tested it ? Not good comrade, not good.
And... I know at least 1-2 people (in the group buy) had a TED that needed some fixing (one person fixed it himself, the other person had to send it back to krizzzkk). Or something like that.

Johnpv

Do you at least have your MicroSD Card set up for it?

esteban

Quote from: Johnpv on 04/17/2018, 11:02 AMDo you at least have your MicroSD Card set up for it?
No, but that is the entire battle for me. A million years ago Bernie set up a folder or whatever, I downloaded it somewhere....

Clearly, when I am playing with my kids, I don't care about TED, but there are times when kids are asleep and I'm like "f*ck I want to play Terra Cresta II" but I just pop FINAL FORMATION F HuCARD in instead.

I'm not joking.

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

esteban

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/17/2018, 06:55 PMThis one is for you estevez
I saw you posted another 1-2(?) videos as well! I definitely saw an MSX title...

You know this is gong to make me cry, I hope you lovingly adjusted all the settings, options, etc. to make this goddamn music recharge my soul (because it will).

Johnpv

Quote from: esteban on 04/17/2018, 05:12 PMNo, but that is the entire battle for me. A million years ago Bernie set up a folder or whatever, I downloaded it somewhere....
I think I have a spare SD card that will hold everything.  Are you going to the ToyCon this weekend in Parssippany?  I'll bring you a loaded and ready to go SD card, and then you just have to put it in your everdrive and go.

esteban

Quote from: Johnpv on 04/19/2018, 09:24 AM
Quote from: esteban on 04/17/2018, 05:12 PMNo, but that is the entire battle for me. A million years ago Bernie set up a folder or whatever, I downloaded it somewhere....
I think I have a spare SD card that will hold everything.  Are you going to the ToyCon this weekend in Parssippany?  I'll bring you a loaded and ready to go SD card, and then you just have to put it in your everdrive and go.
Yes! I am going because MAJORS will be there!

John we gotta grab coffee, pizza, whatever and hang out!

I'll pay*!

* in hugs and burps

TR0N

You're all ready dead esteban if your're catching up on posting still  :roll:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Psycho Punch

Quote from: TR0N on 04/20/2018, 12:43 AMYou're all ready dead esteban if your're catching up on posting still  :roll:
Wrong!!
Kenshiro = esteban
random guy = you
Your thread is already read.

edit: lmao did I just post the same video? :lol:
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:

ClodBusted

Coincidences.

I'll be counting to ten...

roflmao

esteban

Quote from: guest on 04/20/2018, 02:06 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 04/20/2018, 12:43 AMYou're all ready dead esteban if your're catching up on posting still  :roll:
Wrong!!
Kenshiro = esteban
random guy = you

AjhahHhHhJahHhhJhzhahahahhha.

:)

SRSLY, I finally caught up.

I gotta see if TURNOSWIMBZ and gheebee and other NJ folks will be around this weekend.

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 04/20/2018, 02:06 AM
Wrong!!
Kenshiro = esteban
random guy = you

Nani !? Oh noooooooo !! Yes you did post the same video i bet were thinking the same thing.
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 04/17/2018, 01:18 AM
Quote from: NightWolve on 04/16/2018, 08:03 PMSo I misunderstood the other exchange, I thought you recently had bought one! But 5 whole years and you never tested it ? Not good comrade, not good.
And... I know at least 1-2 people (in the group buy) had a TED that needed some fixing (one person fixed it himself, the other person had to send it back to krizzzkk). Or something like that.
Ah, yeah, I at least gave it a good spin, beat Batman on my TurboExpress, and then Magical Chase. I tested some of the hackulations also by Bonknuts like MegaMan, Contra I think, etc. just to see what a NES game would look like on a TE for the novelty of it.

I didn't complete Magical Chase though come to think of it...beating it on normal results in being sent back to the title screen after only 4 levels or something and being told you must beat it on the maximum difficulty (to face all 6 levels ??), so that shooter is still on the ole backlog... :/

NecroPhile

Quote from: NightWolve on 04/26/2018, 10:25 PMI didn't complete Magical Chase though come to think of it...beating it on normal results in being sent back to the title screen after only 4 levels or something and being told you must beat it on the maximum difficulty (to face all 6 levels ??), so that shooter is still on the ole backlog... :/
It defaults to easy (breeze) difficulty.  You can play the whole game on normal and hard difficulties (bumpy and rough, respectively).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Holy crap! How is it FRIDAY already?

I have to find my TED for the weekend.

Goddamn time flies.

Johnpv

The weekend is over, we need to see photos of your TED finally set up!  :lol:

Psycho Punch

Esteban's Turbo Everdrive(tm) got lost in one of the rooms of his huge estate called "I can barely find time to play videogames nowadays". :lol:

RIP esteban's game time. Our hearts go to you.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 04/30/2018, 10:37 AMEsteban's Turbo Everdrive(tm) got lost in one of the rooms of his huge estate called "I can barely find time to play videogames nowadays". :lol:

RIP esteban's game time. Our hearts go to you.
Quote from: Johnpv on 04/30/2018, 10:18 AMThe weekend is over, we need to see photos of your TED finally set up!  :lol:
Ha! I still haven't found the TED, but I looked in two places. I suspect I know where I put it, since it is "fragile" and I stupidly put TED in a"safe" place (read: why the f*ck did I do that?)

Plus, I'm still commuting home, so I should be able to find it tonight (fingers crossed!)

NecroPhile

Should you choose to accept it: your mission tonight:

1) Find TED.
2) Play Nantatetetetette Engine.
3) Brush, floss, go to bed.
4) Dream PCE dreams.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

geise

esteban

Quote from: geise on 05/01/2018, 12:41 PMUpdate?
I am currently waiting outside to get an espresso on this gorgeous 78° evening in sunny NJ.

No TED on the horizon for today.

I know... I am too predictable.

MY GOAL: to have TED working Friday night for me and my twins. SRSLY.

Johnpv

I expect photos no later than Saturday morning.

esteban

Quote from: Johnpv on 05/02/2018, 07:20 AMI expect photos no later than Saturday morning.
Challenge accepted

The last two weeks at work have been CRUNCH TIME, but, guess what? I can breathe a (temporary) sigh of relief tonight because I just finished some major tasks.

So, I can reward myself now.

I WANT TO PLAY TERRA CRESTA II.

That is seriously my incentive right now.

I played a bit of it at the last Toy Fair in NJ and I realized it's a game that totally encourages you to change thruster speed for different sections of the game. I love that. It's going to be fun playing around in each stage.

Johnpv

.......we are well past saturday and no photo, Esteban needs to be punished.

crazydean

Quote from: Johnpv on 05/07/2018, 08:19 PM.......we are well past saturday and no photo, Esteban needs to be punished.
Esteban never had a TED. It was stolen out of his mailbox a decade ago.

esteban

Quote from: crazydean on 05/07/2018, 09:53 PM
Quote from: Johnpv on 05/07/2018, 08:19 PM.......we are well past saturday and no photo, Esteban needs to be punished.
Ha!

This week, I might finally find TED and fulfill the dream I dreamt 2, 3, 4 years ago...

Johnpv

We should make it that if there aren't photos by this Saturday you have to buy Majors and myself lunch at AVGC.  Each Saturday after that, that it isn't posted, the lunch gets fancier.

esteban

Quote from: Johnpv on 05/09/2018, 07:12 PMWe should make it that if there aren't photos by this Saturday you have to buy Majors and myself lunch at AVGC.  Each Saturday after that, that it isn't posted, the lunch gets fancier.
HHhahajajajjajajaja!

You know how ridiculous it is!

At least I got to play with honeybees today (but, sadly, not HUDSON BEE).

I will not betray you, comrade.

I might be slow, but I won't betray you.

TR0N

Quote from: esteban on 05/08/2018, 06:12 AM
Quote from: crazydean on 05/07/2018, 09:53 PM
Ha!

This week, I might finally find TED and fulfill the dream I dreamt 2, 3, 4 years ago...
Did you're ted fall into a white hole !? I assume that's why you took so long to use it   :roll:
IMG

Johnpv

Another Saturday has come and gone, and still no TED pictures.