OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Game of the Month: May 2018 Voting

Started by geise, 04/24/2018, 12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What game do you want for this month?

Aoi Blink
5 (16.7%)
Dungeon Explorer
7 (23.3%)
Alien Crush
9 (30%)
Splash Lake
2 (6.7%)
Hellfire S
7 (23.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: 05/02/2018, 12:35 PM

geise

Ok, starting the voting to get this game of the month up and running. So the last week of each month I'll make a poll with games we can vote for. I'll try to keep a good mix of genre and hucard/cd based games, so hopefully everyone will be happy (lol probably not). Below is info for all the games in the poll for people who don't know of certain games. Hopefully people that don't normally post might come forward and participate in discussion or even with certain games post high scores. Lets make this fun.

1. Aoi Blink

2. Dungeon Explorer

3. Alien Crush

4. Splash Lake

5. Hellfire S

NecroPhile

I've played a lot of Alien Crush and Dungeon Explorer over the years, and I've played enough Splash Lake to beat it (... though it's been a while), so I'm torn between Aoi Blink and Hellfire S.  I've not played much of Hellfire S, but shewties are always fun; and I've tried to beat Aoi Blink but got stuck trying to find keys, so it'd be good as a group play if y'all can gimme some help.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Johnpv

I haven't really played any of them, so I wasn't sure how to vote.  I ended up going with Hellfire S because I have the Genesis version so it might be fun to compare them.

GoldenWheels

I voted Hellfire, cuz out of what I have, it's what I have played the least.

geise

I voted Splash Lake. Mostly cause it's been forever since I've played it. I could easily play any of these this month. I'm trying to do games that normally aren't played all the time by others. Dive into the library a bit more. These are fairly common.  Didn't want to go to crazy on obscure games.

NecroPhile

Same here - I'm cool to play any (all) of 'em.  I ended up voting for Aoi Blink because I don't have Hellfire S and am lazy.

Downloading and burning is soooo hard!

geise

Quote from: guest on 04/24/2018, 01:44 PMDownloading and burning is soooo hard!
You lazy turd! LOL!

ClodBusted

I voted for Alien Crush, since this is the only game on the list that I own...

...at least as a download for the Wii Virtual Console.

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Gypsy

I voted for Alien Crush but I'm down to play w/e wins.

esteban

I'll play anything, but I just got Hellfire S (I think?) in the mail, so that might be my top pick.

I'll vote when I'm on my laptop.

Splash Lake = fun as hell
Dungeon Explorer = fun as balls
Aoi Blink = I've never gotten too far in it. BLUE DONKEY
ALIEN crush = damn fun, I love the bonus boards
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

seieienbu

Every time I've ever played Alien Crush I've thought to myself "Man, I'd rather be playing Devil's Crush." 

I voted Aoi Blink as it's the game I'd most like to play again out of the list.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

TheClash603

Voted for Dungeon Explorer, because I am pretty sure the game sucks and it is overrated by everyone.  Maybe if I play it for the fifth time I'll finally get on board with the hype.

gheebee

Another vote for Dungeon Explorer. Got this one with a TG16 lot my dad picked up at a garage sale ages ago and have barely played it so I guess it's time to give it another go.

geise

LOL! So far I'm the only one that voted Splash Lake.

NecroPhile

Quote from: geise on 04/25/2018, 01:22 PMLOL! So far I'm the only one that voted Splash Lake.
Splash Lake is a goody, especially with a friend.  Some of the later maps are almost impossible by yourself.

seieienbu

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/25/2018, 08:14 AMVoted for Dungeon Explorer, because I am pretty sure the game sucks and it is overrated by everyone.  Maybe if I play it for the fifth time I'll finally get on board with the hype.
Surprising!  Have you tried playing it with a group of friends?

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 04/25/2018, 02:28 PM
Quote from: geise on 04/25/2018, 01:22 PMLOL! So far I'm the only one that voted Splash Lake.
Splash Lake is a goody, especially with a friend.  Some of the later maps are almost impossible by yourself.
I beat the game and found all the hidden spaces by myself pretty easily and I'm not the best gamer.  I apparently underappreciate my skills.  Absolutely loved playing through Splash Lake...  but not sure if I ever need to play again.

Quote from: seieienbu on 04/25/2018, 03:27 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/25/2018, 08:14 AMVoted for Dungeon Explorer, because I am pretty sure the game sucks and it is overrated by everyone.  Maybe if I play it for the fifth time I'll finally get on board with the hype.
Surprising!  Have you tried playing it with a group of friends?
I have never played with friends for more than a few moments, they all suck and die immediately.  I've mostly played on my own.

jtucci31

Aw I miss when SamIAm used to do these, they were great! Voted for Hellfire S if I can even play it :)

exodus

I voted hellfire cause of that intro music

geise

Quote from: guest on 04/26/2018, 12:14 PMAw I miss when SamIAm used to do these, they were great! Voted for Hellfire S if I can even play it :)
If he wants to jump and host for a month he is more than welcome. I totally agree and is why I decided to do a GotM. A little more time per game, but hopefully not to much time. I am sure it might be depending on the game that is voted.

Gypsy

Quote from: seieienbu on 04/25/2018, 01:50 AMEvery time I've ever played Alien Crush I've thought to myself "Man, I'd rather be playing Devil's Crush." 

I voted Aoi Blink as it's the game I'd most like to play again out of the list.
I can understand that. DC is pretty much just better.

geise

So, I just noticed there could possibly be a tie. If that is the case I guess it can just be both of those games for the month.

Psycho Punch

To be quite honest Splash Lake is a game I've wanted to try out for a while, but it feels like later stages would be boring with 1P only. Why isn't there a PCE emulator with online play yet?
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

GoldenWheels

Quote from: geise on 04/27/2018, 06:44 PMSo, I just noticed there could possibly be a tie. If that is the case I guess it can just be both of those games for the month.
That would be kind of nice. After I suck balls at Hellfire I could play Alien Crush and feel better about myself.

TheClash603

I just purchased Hellfire S to be ready for May's game of the month, so now I hope my original vote loses.

esteban

Damn, when is this starting? I have to hook a CD system to my TV (currently have PCE only)... I should do it tonight and play all of these damn games !

I encourage y'all to do the same.

:)

seieienbu

I assume it starts Tuesday?  I'm going to wait until hopefully Alien Crush gets outvoted. 

...and then when it doesn't, come Tuesday, I'll spend the evening playing it potentially with someone else who hasn't played the games thus won't be disappointed by the fact that it isn't Devil's Crush :lol:

Johnpv

geise

Kidpanda

I voted Aoi Blink, not trying to deal with loops.

xcrement5x

YEAAAAAAH! 

I feel as powerful as Trump today.

geise

Voting closed! Thanks everyone for participating!

TheClash603

May the late Alien Crush voters please refund me for Hellfire S?

geise

It might be able to have it's chance again next month. Go ahead and play it anyways. You can start a discussion thread about it as well. Possibilities are endless.

First go play Alien Crush. Crush some scores.

God that was bad...

crazydean

So I can't see the poll in Tapatalk. What was the result?

NecroPhile

crazydean

Kinda strange that the game that got the most votes is also the one that probably has been played the most. Oh well, I guess people don't want to try new things.

NecroPhile

Maybe peeps want to start off easy, knowing Alien Crush won't require hours and hours of practice to get a good feel for the game.

esteban

Quote from: crazydean on 05/01/2018, 05:20 PMKinda strange that the game that got the most votes is also the one that probably has been played the most. Oh well, I guess people don't want to try new things.
Yeah, I hear you.

Plus, I suck at pinball. Real pinball and virtual pinball...I just don't have what it takes to get a mega score.

But, you know, I'll play this *and* some other damn pinball games in turbo (Time Cruise II, specifically) to make things fresh (I have never compared these games head-to-head).

So, comrade, maybe there is some neat litttle thing you can do to keep Alien Crush fresh... like play the Konami *Aliens* arcade game, too.  Alternate back and forth. 

roflmao

Quote from: crazydean on 05/01/2018, 05:20 PMKinda strange that the game that got the most votes is also the one that probably has been played the most. Oh well, I guess people don't want to try new things.
My interpretation is it's the game most people have and they're more likely to vote for what they know. I voted for Alien Crush because I genuinely enjoy it more than the other games (that I've played) though would have been happy with Hellfire S too.

GoldenWheels

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/01/2018, 12:36 PMMay the late Alien Crush voters please refund me for Hellfire S?
I was hoping the 2nd place winner of each poll could maybe be included on the next month's poll.