RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSexGex

For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 03/27/2018, 10:11 PMJust in time for summer !

IMG
I would love that hat, but it is ugly as fuck and no matter how much I would love to waste $500 on TG-16 stuff, I can't justify that much.

But, don't ask what I would be willing to pay, because it would be too much (no, I don't have an actual number in my head, but I know I am stoopid).

Oh, and the best part is that the hat COULD NEVER POSSIBLY FIT MY FAT FUCKING HEAD.

I would love to wear the damn thing and *ONLY* be mocked for its aesthetics, not for its tiny size.

:)

I want a wallet, hat, football, fuck me.

It would be easy to make wallet/football today, but that hat is *not* easy to fake. It seems pretty hard to make a bootleg hat like that.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

GoldenWheels

Quote from: esteban on 04/14/2018, 01:54 PMIt would be easy to make wallet/football today, but that hat is *not* easy to fake. It seems pretty hard to make a bootleg hat like that.
Tobias edition TV Sports Football with a Turbob football replica?

Maybe less crowd appeal it but makes about 1000% times more sense than Dracula X and an energy drink...

esteban

Quote from: GoldenWheels on 04/15/2018, 11:16 AM
Quote from: esteban on 04/14/2018, 01:54 PMIt would be easy to make wallet/football today, but that hat is *not* easy to fake. It seems pretty hard to make a bootleg hat like that.
Tobias edition TV Sports Football with a Turbob football replica?

Maybe less crowd appeal it but makes about 1000% times more sense than Dracula X and an energy drink...
Jajajjajjajajaja! Exactly, the energy drink was just crazy.

seieienbu

I'm still curious if anyone opened their's.  I'm pretty sure it's an awful concoction, but it'd be hilarious if it was the best energy drink you'd ever consume but then you had to get more.  After nearly bankrupting yourself buying Dracula X special editions, Tobias would run out of energy drinks.  There would be no way to get more legitimately; you'd go mad searching the web but you'd know that never again would you be able to satiate your thirst.  Only one path would remain open to you; you'd hunt down and murder all the collectards who proudly purchased a Tobias set by stalking their facebooks. 

Was it worth it?  Of course; even for just one more drop the quest would be worth it.  Every innocent Youtube Collectard you slew would yield 4 more cans.  You'd have a stats sheet where you'd count out how many persons you killed until, at last, the final purchaser of the Dracula X boxed set was found.  Then, lying in a pile of Dracula X energy drinks and bootleg CDs, you'd pass on.  A trail of energy drink dribbling out of the corner of your mouth with a smile on your face.  You drank them all.  You drank them all.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

NecroPhile

Funny.... except for the 'innocent' bit.

:cook:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

seieienbu

QuoteFunny.... except for the 'innocent' bit.
My bad.  My head wasn't on straight because of the Dracula X Energy Drinks, you see.

esteban

esteban

geise

It's probably just dirty bathwater put into old recycled bottles with his labels on it.

esteban

Quote from: geise on 04/22/2018, 02:04 PMIt's probably just dirty bathwater put into old recycled bottles with his labels on it.
That seems like too much effort!

Ha!

(AKA "raw water" is all the rage now, apparently)

seieienbu

I've read articles about that but I refuse to believe it's really a thing.  With that said, I think I said the same thing about anti-vaxers and flat earthers.  Flat earthers are the dumbest people I've ever heard of.

PCEngineTrev

IMG

Psycho Punch

I'm in this real awkward position where I'm thankful I have those $5 tobias bootlegs, but I'm also embarassed to own them.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

seieienbu

Though I wish someone who hadn't either lied about authenticity or profited from fan translations without asking (or both of these things) was making them, I'm happy to have gotten some cheap reproductions of otherwise stupidly expensive games.

Yeah, if anyone else was making repros I'd likely be happy to buy the rest of the CD games that I'm missing yet unwilling to purchase at going rates but the ones I got from Bernie et all are quite serviceable.

Mathius

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 04/23/2018, 01:35 PMI'm in this real awkward position where I'm thankful I have those $5 tobias bootlegs, but I'm also embarassed to own them.
Same

TaoPaiPai

I'm not super up to date on my TG-16 game rarity, but is there something in this lot that is super rare?!

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/51792626

NecroPhile

Quote from: TaoPaiPai on 04/24/2018, 10:44 AMI'm not super up to date on my TG-16 game rarity, but is there something in this lot that is super rare?!

Parasol Stars is the priciest one of the bunch, but even it's not that expensive (~$75).

mitsuman

Quote from: TaoPaiPai on 04/24/2018, 10:44 AMI'm not super up to date on my TG-16 game rarity, but is there something in this lot that is super rare?!

That is coming out to be about $56 per game. $56 for Keith Courage? WTF?!?!

TaoPaiPai

Quote from: CaptSlow on 04/24/2018, 11:33 AM

That is coming out to be about $56 per game. $56 for Keith Courage? WTF?!?!
That's hilarious. I've been looking at some of the retro gaming items on auction there recently and the prices they get up to are just insane. I have no idea what the people on there are thinking.

Here's another one that shocked me (non-TG16)
https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/51119647

DildoKKKobold

I have a feeling that people who bid ridiculous amounts on these are counting them as "donations" to Goodwill, and then itemizing and writing them down as deductions. Honestly, it's the only reason that makes sense to me, as shopgoodwill stuff routinely goes way over eBay prices.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

seieienbu

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 04/24/2018, 03:51 PMI have a feeling that people who bid ridiculous amounts on these are counting them as "donations" to Goodwill, and then itemizing and writing them down as deductions. Honestly, it's the only reason that makes sense to me, as shopgoodwill stuff routinely goes way over eBay prices.
That actually makes sense.  I've never really pondered the whole "why" part of it but I've definitely noticed the trend of lots of bids on auctions and winding up at higher than ebay prices in the end on goodwill stuff.

NecroPhile

They might overpay thinking it's okay because the extra money is going to a good cause, but they're asking for trouble if they're taking a deduction.  That's tax evasion.

xcrement5x

Yeah, you can deduct stuff you donate, but not things you buy from an a nonprofit.  They are providing goods in exchange for money, just like everything else you buy.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone was trying to do that though.

Alt-Nintega

i love turbob. i think turbob on ebay is underpriced. please make turbob worth more. turbob deserves it. karl marx loves turbob.

seieienbu

I'm pretty sure Karl Marx would want the price on turbo to go down so that the people could afford it and not just the top 1%.

seieienbu

I'm sure that's a fake auction with shill bidding.

geise

Quote from: seieienbu on 04/28/2018, 12:53 PMI'm sure that's a fake auction with shill bidding.
That's how Saru advertises. O:)

seieienbu

If the people who make a game want to gauge on ebay I think I'm okay with that.

xcrement5x

Alt-Nintega

communist turbob? hmmm? ummm? great idea!!!!!

GoldenWheels

Quote from: seieienbu on 04/28/2018, 05:45 PMIf the people who make a game want to gauge on ebay I think I'm okay with that.
Oh hell if that's him then for sure, I agree.

Mathius

ClodBusted

Eew. That looks like somebody took the fake link in my sig a little bit too seriously. Something like Cumonvintageconsoles.com

Lesson for today: Quit while you're ahead.