RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Complete Magical Chase for Sale on E-bay!!!

Started by wolfsaq2, 09/02/2012, 02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfsaq2

Hello PCengineFXers,
I apologize if this thread was posted already, but there is a complete Magical Chase up for sale on e-bay. Last time I checked there was four days left and it was almost $2,700!!! I think this will go over $3,500!!! What do you guys think? If anyone bids on it...good luck! I just don't have the money for that one. Peace.
    Wolf
"Until the lion has a historian of his own, the tale of the hunt will always glorify the hunter" (African Proverb)

Damon Plus

3500$ is way too much for the rarity of this game, and I think most of the board agrees with that.

BigusSchmuck

Thats just stupid crazy. Someone ought to create a bunch of bootlegs of this game so the rest of us can actually play it on the actual system instead of emulating it!

KnightWarrior

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 09/02/2012, 02:27 PMThats just stupid crazy. Someone ought to create a bunch of bootlegs of this game so the rest of us can actually play it on the actual system instead of emulating it!
I agree

tggodfrey

This is already being discussed in the ebay thread.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

CGQuarterly

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 09/02/2012, 02:27 PMThats just stupid crazy. Someone ought to create a bunch of bootlegs of this game so the rest of us can actually play it on the actual system instead of emulating it!
Just buy a flash card.

Chris

canada

i bid but got out bid so fast at 1000 and then again at 2400

canada

i think it will go for 3200.00 its condition is great but i wouldnt pay more then 2500 for mint.  still trying to get loose copy for under a 1000.00

Bernie

Quote from: canada on 09/02/2012, 09:16 PMi think it will go for 3200.00 its condition is great but i wouldnt pay more then 2500 for mint.  still trying to get loose copy for under a 1000.00
Ain't no way I would pay anywhere close to 1000 for a video game.  Wow, thats insane.  One can get the pc engine version for WAY less.  :)

canada

its just the fact to complete the us version of the collection. noone wants to pay 1k for a game, but it is what it is... one can hope to find one at a thrifty store.

roflmao

Flash card = ~$50.  Insta-Magical Chase.

SignOfZeta

OH MY GOD MAGICAL CHASE IS ON EBAY. THAT NEVER HAPPENS.
IMG

joe west

was it sealed or open,  a friend of mine got one sealed around a year ago for  $800.00
Looking for  loose tg-16 & pc engine hucards

CPTRAVE

I still would not pay $800 for a video game. That just makes me sick  :-&

Paisa49

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 09/02/2012, 05:27 PM
Just buy a flash card.

Chris
Absolutely right.

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

Bloody Wolf

I had no idea this game went for this much! Bat shit insane!!!!

geise

Quote from: Bloody Wolf on 09/04/2012, 10:59 AMI had no idea this game went for this much! Bat shit insane!!!!
Well it's really not...

Firebomber7

Quote from: canada on 09/02/2012, 09:15 PMi bid but got out bid so fast at 1000 and then again at 2400
You bid that much on it? When can I slap you for helping drive the price up.  :roll:
IMG
IMG
IMG
Wants:
-region/s-video modded PC Engine Duo w/Arcade Card at www. multimods .com
-region modded Super Grafx
-region modded PC Engine original
-PC-FX w/Zenki, Zeroigar, Chip-Chan, Battle Heat, Der Langrisser FX

Will this complete me?

VestCunt

There are a lot of reasons to slap canada.
Topic Adjourned.

FiftyQuid

Looks like there have been a couple bid retractions.  The price was at $2550 and now it's down to $2000.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

CPTRAVE

turboswimbz

See the gouging thread on this,  Godfrey says he retracted his bid.  I had the thread but am too lazy to rellok it up to post now. Maybe later
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

canada

canada

Quote from: canada on 09/02/2012, 09:16 PMi think it will go for 3200.00 its condition is great but i wouldnt pay more then 2500 for mint.  still trying to get loose copy for under a 1000.00
Sold 3200.

8bitForLife

would like to own it some day but magic engine is good enough till that time.
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

jperryss

Quote from: 8bitForLife on 09/07/2012, 06:03 AMwould like to own it some day but magic engine is good enough till that time.
If it's just about playing the real thing, buy the PCE version and have your TG region-modded to play it. It'll cost under 1/10 of what that US one just went for, and open you up for a ton of great PCE-only titles.

Or even cheaper, pick up one of those $45 flash carts and call it a day.

CGQuarterly

Quote from: jperryss on 09/07/2012, 08:27 AM
Quote from: 8bitForLife on 09/07/2012, 06:03 AMwould like to own it some day but magic engine is good enough till that time.
If it's just about playing the real thing, buy the PCE version and have your TG region-modded to play it. It'll cost under 1/10 of what that US one just went for, and open you up for a ton of great PCE-only titles.

Or even cheaper, pick up one of those $45 flash carts and call it a day.
This.

If Magical Chase were a super-awesome game on top of being somewhat rare, I would understand the prices.  Quite frankly, I don't think the PCE version is even worth it, but maybe I just don't like cute-em-ups.

Chris

NecroPhile

Well I'm just glad I finally have a copy and for quite a bit less than my $4000 max bid.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

geise

tggodfrey

wonder how long canada will sit on it before he puts it back up on ebay for 3800.00 buy it now
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

MotherGunner

This is even more of a reason why we need some quality repro HuCards of Magical Chase.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

VestCunt

Quote from: MotherGunner on 09/07/2012, 03:59 PMThis is even more of a reason why we need some quality repro HuCards of Magical Chase.
Between roms and flash cards and two different PCE releases and Sparky's inserts and Sparky's labels, there are PLENTY of Magical Chase options for people without a thousand dollars. I've got a region switch on my Duo and I have my PCE MC on the shelf with a Sparky insert and label and it looks great. The last thing we need are indistinguishable repros like the AES or more Sapphire-esque validity FAQ's.   
Topic Adjourned.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: MotherGunner on 09/07/2012, 03:59 PMThis is even more of a reason why we need some quality repro HuCards of Magical Chase.
I've thought about this. The problem is making the plastic for the hucard, getting thin PCBs, getting the proper rom chip, burning a rom on to a SOP chip. It is... expensive and time consuming.

As far as legitimacy, I'd photochop the image so the witch is facing the opposite direction. Obvious from a quick examination, but not obvious enough to look illegitimate.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

SMF

Just make the Repro Magical Chase Hueys a different color other then white and black. Maybe pink and green.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/07/2012, 12:05 PMWell I'm just glad I finally have a copy and for quite a bit less than my $4000 max bid.
LOL, way to "self-gouge."
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

TheClash603

I think that the MC sale makes the other high profile game sold today a bargain.

Dynastic Hero went for EUR 400 = $500.

Flare65

CGQuarterly

Quote from: guest on 09/07/2012, 04:25 PM
Between roms and flash cards and two different PCE releases and Sparky's inserts and Sparky's labels, there are PLENTY of Magical Chase options for people without a thousand dollars. I've got a region switch on my Duo and I have my PCE MC on the shelf with a Sparky insert and label and it looks great. The last thing we need are indistinguishable repros like the AES or more Sapphire-esque validity FAQ's.   
I agree.  With the way that TG16 prices keep rising, we should hope that we don't turn into the NeoGeo community.  You can't hardly buy an AES game with any confidence of its authenticity unless the seller bought the game new back in the day.

Someone figuring out how to make quality reproductions of TG16 games would be a bad thing.  Just use a flash cart or buy the PCE version.

Chris

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 09/07/2012, 09:03 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/07/2012, 04:25 PM
I agree.  With the way that TG16 prices keep rising, we should hope that we don't turn into the NeoGeo community.  You can't hardly buy an AES game with any confidence of its authenticity unless the seller bought the game new back in the day.

Someone figuring out how to make quality reproductions of TG16 games would be a bad thing.  Just use a flash cart or buy the PCE version.

Chris
Why would it be a bad thing? Seriously? Unless you plan to make money off buying TG16 games flooding the market with cheap repros would most definitely kill the gouger market. Hell it wasn't too long ago that most of these "rare" games were sitting in a bargain bin and could be had literally for pennies on the dollar.

Emerald Rocker

This makes me wish I hadn't stepped on my Magical Chase.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

OldMan

QuoteWhy would it be a bad thing? Seriously? Unless you plan to make money off buying TG16 games flooding the market with cheap repros would most definitely kill the gouger market.....
Are you sure about that? I can see people buying the cheap repros, and e-baying them as if they were legit.
The sellers would be willing to sell for less, and anyone not knowing what to look for would buy them, thinking they got a good deal. Then, once they found out they were bootlegs, trying the same ploy. The kind of people who would buy MC at the current prices aren't going to take a loss on their purchase.

Meanwhile, the folks with -real- MC cards would be upping the price, and saying things like "-NOT A BOOTLEG-"
End result would be the bootlegs go for what real MC cards go for now (okay, maybe a little less), while real MC cards go even higher. Entirely because Magical Chase is perceived as 'rare'.

Never underestimate the gullabiity of people.

CrackTiger

For all we know, most of the copies of Magical Chase being sold are already bootlegs.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SignOfZeta

If you think this is going to save total fools from themselves, you're wrong.

The sane will play the game off flash cards, the insane will pay thousands for it. If the price somehow dropped to $10 the same morons who are paying $3000 for it now will just find some other piece of plastic to worship.

This isn't about supply and demand, it's about spiritually empty people seeking to fill a whole in their empty lives.
IMG

VestCunt

Quote from: TheOldMan on 09/07/2012, 10:08 PMEnd result would be the bootlegs go for what real MC cards go for now (okay, maybe a little less), while real MC cards go even higher. Entirely because Magical Chase is perceived as 'rare'.

Never underestimate the gullabiity of people.
+1. Products and publicity go hand-in-hand and giving addicts a taste of something increases their desire for the real thing. Five years ago everyone was saying "oh sweet - the Virtual Console will help bring prices down." Nope. It just advertised the TG16 to a new generation and increased demand for our already scarce system. Sure enough, some idiot bid $400 for my sealed copy of Military Madness this Spring because he'd played it on Virtual Console and, even though he had nothing to compare it to, bought the hype that "emulation isn't like the real thing." So he went and bought seventy TG games in two months without knowing what they were worth and won my $50 auction with a max bid of $400.
Topic Adjourned.

roflmao

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 09/07/2012, 10:18 PMThis isn't about supply and demand, it's about spiritually empty people seeking to fill a whole in their empty lives.
qft.

canada

Quote from: tggodfrey on 09/07/2012, 12:38 PMwonder how long canada will sit on it before he puts it back up on ebay for 3800.00 buy it now
wow didnt know you worked for ebay , your super smart .... how did you know i forked out your yearly salary for this?

jperryss

Quote from: guest on 09/07/2012, 10:52 PM+1. Products and publicity go hand-in-hand and giving addicts a taste of something increases their desire for the real thing. Five years ago everyone was saying "oh sweet - the Virtual Console will help bring prices down." Nope. It just advertised the TG16 to a new generation and increased demand for our already scarce system. Sure enough, some idiot bid $400 for my sealed copy of Military Madness this Spring because he'd played it on Virtual Console and, even though he had nothing to compare it to, bought the hype that "emulation isn't like the real thing." So he went and bought seventy TG games in two months without knowing what they were worth and won my $50 auction with a max bid of $400.
On a similar note, getting into emulation on the XBOX in the early 2000s is what got me into collecting real games again. Though unlike the fellow you mentioned, I spread the collecting out over several years.

BTW, if he won for $50, how do you know what his max bid was?

VestCunt

Quote from: jperryss on 09/08/2012, 10:28 AMBTW, if he won for $50, how do you know what his max bid was?
We had some correspondence before I shipped the item because his ebay mailing address was all messed up. He eventually called me on the phone and proved to be a nice enough guy. I shouldn't call him an idiot, but his impulses as a collector were insane. He was a bit of a chatterbox and told me that after being sniped on my sealed copy of Ys III that went for $260, he set his max bid for Military Madness at $400.
Topic Adjourned.

Sparky

Quote from: canada on 09/07/2012, 11:31 PM
Quote from: tggodfrey on 09/07/2012, 12:38 PMwonder how long canada will sit on it before he puts it back up on ebay for 3800.00 buy it now
wow didnt know you worked for ebay , your super smart .... how did you know i forked out your yearly salary for this?
Hahaha... Speaking of smart lets look at you canada with 2 ID's and the guy that is never allowed in any raffles... Nicely done buddy (( claps hands)))