TG 16 Edge Lit Signs for sale/trade

Started by Xray, 08/30/2012, 11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xray

Won't go into many details here, there is a multi page thread on my design of these here
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=12857.0

These are made out of 8x6" 1/2 thick clear acrylic [plexiglass], and are just kick ass.
A couple of things here:
* There is 1" of clear space on the bottom to accommodate a holder
* Pics below illustrate the edge lit affect with a laser beaming on the edge. The lighting/mounting solution will be up to you. These are commonly placed in a base with a slot that accommodates LED strips, with colors of your choices. Once again, this will be up to you to design yourself, or buy. There are other lighting/display ideas in the multi page thread listed above.
* I am currently doing 2 styles of the TG logo, outlined and filled. Other designs are possible, pm me with ideas.
* If you want one, please pm me with what you want, no need to post here ,,, But feel free to post back with "testimonials" once you receive.
* These are made on a CNC machine, but there is quite a bit of labor getting them ready to ship. They have to be cleaned and blown off, edges sanded then flame polished, then polished with glass cleaner. The 1/2 acrylic doesn't come cheap, so I am pricing these as cheap as I possibly can.
* Am willing to work in trades on TG hucards I don't have, my list is here
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=12579.0

Outline TG design is $30
Filled in TG design is $35, quite a bit of extra cutting time to fill the logo.
PCE logo $35, filled only. Outline doesn't look very good IMO
Bonk design, by far takes the longest to cut $40
NEW - Filled TG logo painted in turbo colors $45 [could easily do it yourself with orange/yellow sharpies and save $10]
This example is a demo, unless you specifically buy this very one, production examples WILL NOT have the box line around the logo.

I will also offer a larger size of 10X8 for $20 more. 2 inches both ways is considerably larger.
Shipping is $5 USA, $10 international. If you buy multiples, shipping discount may apply.

I have some of the prototypes available cheaper, take a look at the thread posted above.

I prefer to be paid via paypal "gift" option, that way they don't charge me for receiving $$.
[go to your pp account, click "send money", click "personal" then check "gift"]
Also will accept postal money orders.

Once again, if you have any custom ideas, let me know, maybe we can make it fly ,, I may be adding more designs to this thread depending on interest level.

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

Bernie

Damn those.things look sweet!  I want one.

420GOAT

I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

Bernie

Hell yeah badass!  I could put one on each side if my Turbo shelf.

Mathius

HercTNT

not much i can add that hasn't already been said  =D> =D> =D>

Frank_fjs

These look awesome!

Can I ask, do they work on a similar principle to these? If not, can you elaborate on how you light them up?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/e054-b-Sega-Neon-Light-Sign-/290721187204?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b0554584#ht_4095wt_1344

Keith Courage

Could you make an orange one so it looks more like the original TG16 logo?

Xray

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 08/31/2012, 12:42 AMThese look awesome!

Can I ask, do they work on a similar principle to these? If not, can you elaborate on how you light them up?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/e054-b-Sega-Neon-Light-Sign-/290721187204?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b0554584#ht_4095wt_1344
Sure, looks like the same thing, except much thinner acrylic than mine.
For the blue pic, looks like he's beaming a laser to illustrate the concept, just like me. Looks like a decent deal with light included, but of course, wiating on a package from Asia can be nerve wracking sometimes.

I've rigged up some custom wood bases with LED strips in the bottom, looks great. Really is a bit time consuming though, wouldn't be worthwhile to offer here, as I don't have the spare time to order all the LED strips, power supplies, switches that are needed. Some guys use cathode tubes, some use fluorescent ,, You could rig up lasers, there are a number of options to light these up, but right now, I can't offer anything but ideas.

Google up "edge lit sign base" for more ideas ... There is one outfit that sells nice aluminum bases with a friction fit, I even bought one, intending to copy the simple design, but I lost interest and never got around to it.
edit: here is the place http://www.lumenedge.com/catalog.htm#leds They sell bases, lights, power supplies, edging ect. May get a bit pricey, if you are the least bit handy, I'd suggest creating your own.

Keith, that was gone over in the edge lit thread
They will be any color you want them to be, assuming its a color offered in LEDS ,,, Even if not, you could take clear ones and paint them orange for an orange tint. But multiple colors on 1 piece appears to be a tricky challenge, doable with some effort.

Xray

Quote from: Xray on 08/31/2012, 01:14 AM
Quote from: Frank_fjs on 08/31/2012, 12:42 AMThese look awesome!

Sure, looks like the same thing, except much thinner acrylic than mine.
For the blue pic, looks like he's beaming a laser to illustrate the concept, just like me. Looks like a decent deal with light included, but of course, wiating on a package from Asia can be nerve wracking sometimes.

I've rigged up some custom wood bases with LED strips in the bottom, looks great. Really is a bit time consuming though, wouldn't be worthwhile to offer here, as I don't have the spare time to order all the LED strips, power supplies, switches that are needed. Some guys use cathode tubes, some use fluorescent ,, You could rig up lasers, there are a number of options to light these up, but right now, I can't offer anything but ideas.

Google up "edge lit sign base" for more ideas ... There is one outfit that sells nice aluminum bases with a friction fit, I even bought one, intending to copy the simple design, but I lost interest and never got around to it.
edit: here is the place http://www.lumenedge.com/catalog.htm#leds They sell bases, lights, power supplies, edging ect. May get a bit pricey, if you are the least bit handy, I'd suggest creating your own.

Keith, that was gone over in the edge lit thread
They will be any color you want them to be, assuming its a color offered in LEDS ,,, Even if not, you could take clear ones and paint them orange for an orange tint. But multiple colors on 1 piece appears to be a tricky challenge, doable with some effort.

T2KFreeker

Awesome! I'll be getting one of these. This is damn awesome. Great word dude!
END OF LINE.

BigusSchmuck

Hey would you be willing to trade for newegg business gift cards? I got $50 worth.. :P

PCEngineHell

I was interested in one of these, but then you had a mental breakdown and started accusing everyone of being pedophiles and other crap. Kinda shot yourself in the foot there. Too bad, because this looked like a really cool idea. Maybe someone else, someone sane and worth buying from will do something similar. That or maybe you could chill out and apologize, make peace, that would get my interest again.

Xray

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 09/01/2012, 12:04 AMHey would you be willing to trade for newegg business gift cards? I got $50 worth.. :P
Sounds reasonable, pm me.

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 09/01/2012, 01:42 AMI was interested in one of these, but then you had a mental breakdown and started accusing everyone of being pedophiles and other crap. Kinda shot yourself in the foot there. Too bad, because this looked like a really cool idea. Maybe someone else, someone sane and worth buying from will do something similar.
Oh yeah sure, you were just ready to buy 14 of them, yup.
Damn, really shot myself there, I guess somehow I'll try to pull myself together and survive without any interactions with you whatsoever !
[Considering I didn't even know you existed until an hour ago, I think I should manage that fairly well].
And by the way, I don't sell turbo signs for a living. I have a well paying, full time job, and many things on the side as well. I thought I'd share these with other turbonuts at a reasonable price ,, If the truth be told, I wouldn't sell one to you if you offered me $200 for one.

Try to keep your emotions in check and not hijack sale threads with childish off topic banter.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Xray on 09/01/2012, 01:52 AM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 09/01/2012, 12:04 AMHey would you be willing to trade for newegg business gift cards? I got $50 worth.. :P
Sounds reasonable, pm me.

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 09/01/2012, 01:42 AMI was interested in one of these, but then you had a mental breakdown and started accusing everyone of being pedophiles and other crap. Kinda shot yourself in the foot there. Too bad, because this looked like a really cool idea. Maybe someone else, someone sane and worth buying from will do something similar.
Oh yeah sure, you were just ready to buy 14 of them, yup.
Damn, really shot myself there, I guess somehow I'll try to pull myself together and survive without any interactions with you whatsoever !
[Considering I didn't even know you existed until an hour ago, I think I should manage that fairly well].
And by the way, I don't sell turbo signs for a living. I have a well paying, full time job, and many things on the side as well. I thought I'd share these with other turbonuts at a reasonable price ,, If the truth be told, I wouldn't sell one to you if you offered me $200 for one.

Try to keep your emotions in check and not hijack sale threads with childish off topic banter.
Like I said in the other thread, you've taken crap way too personally in that other thread, and its not just me whose lost interest in this due to that. My emotions are not the problem here. From your reply there I am going to assume you are never going to have a change of heart. Its too bad because the people you were attacking could have been valued customers, large order or small, and also good friends to have on the forums. Like I said, if you ever have a change of heart, decide to mellow out and apologize to the people you were attacking, maybe I will get interested again, because I really do think you have a cool product here to offer. That may not apply to some others, but personally, I'm not taking anything you said personally. I've had far worse said to me here and elsewhere. Just another day.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Xray on 09/01/2012, 01:52 AMTry to keep your emotions in check and not hijack sale threads with childish off topic banter.
and yet

QuoteIf the truth be told, I wouldn't sell one to you if you offered me $200 for one.
errr
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Xray

Dear Nutty Professor ....

If I don't sell a single unit, wouldn't bother me a bit.
Honestly barely worth my while to do at these prices, and they will likely even cost more to ship than I am charging ,, Though I know, you can get them cheaper from an ebay Shanghai seller. Your loss, not mine.
I respectfully request that you man up, and stop drooling all over a sales thread - You know how to use the pm function if you really have something to get off your chest. My points were made, your points were made [And I noticed you didn't have anything negative to say about your pal's momma insults & vulgar explosion] ... So put it to rest.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Xray on 09/01/2012, 02:18 AMDear Nutty Professor ....

If I don't sell a single unit, wouldn't bother me a bit.
Honestly barely worth my while to do at these prices, and they will likely even cost more to ship than I am charging ,, Though I know, you can get them cheaper from an ebay Shanghai seller. Your loss, not mine.
I respectfully request that you man up, and stop drooling all over a sales thread - You know how to use the pm function if you really have something to get off your chest. My points were made, your points were made [And I noticed you didn't have anything negative to say about your pal's momma insults & vulgar explosion] ... So put it to rest.
Like I said, things did not start to go bad until you started accusing people of being pedobears and crap. Its cause and effect. Debates here can get pretty livid at times, and people jerk each others chains often, but people in general don't take it personally. Nothing was said that warranted what you started posting or to take things so personally. Personally, I'd rather buy one from a person in the community, but to be honest, its not some seller in Shanghai thats the one on the forums accusing people of being child molesters, its you. And accusing people of being pedobears or pedobear sympathizers is about as low as you can go on these forums.

And to be completely blunt, the item you are making caught my eye. Its not something I am "drooling" over, its more or less one of those things I'd be willing to buy at the end of the month after I've bought everything else I wanted. You peaked my interest, like I said. At a reasonable price, from a reasonable person, I would be more then willing to buy one. Either way, you need to grow thicker skin if you want to stay on these forums on a long term basis.

tpivette

Ah damn. I really want a Turbo and PC Engine one. Unfortunately I just paid for preschool for my son, and have to buy a suit and wedding gift for my sister's upcoming cerimony in 2 weeks. If these will still be availible by the end of the month you'll definitely have a buyer for at least 2
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

FiftyQuid

For the 8x10 version, would the strip of LEDs you linked earlier (somewhere??? please link again) light it up enough?  I'm thinking of a filled TG logo on a 8x10.  So would I have to light it from the top and bottom to give it enough pizzazz?
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Xray

Wish I could tell ya for certain FQ ,,, I'm practically a noob myself when it comes to the lighting aspect.
If I'm going to get much further into designing and selling them, then I reckon I had better get up to speed on the lighting.
On the other hand, they'd be quite a bit more expensive if I supplied the lighting solution ,,,
I would say if you used high intensity LEDS one edge would be enough, 8" should give you 5 to 8 LEDS beaming up, maybe more.

http://www.lumenedge.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=4
http://www.lumenedge.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=1

IMG

As you can see, the concept is simple.
Provide a platform with a slot which the plexi will snugly fit into, and line the bottom of it with LED's.

FiftyQuid

I'm thinking of building it myself.  White LEDs using a battery as a power source.  The 10x8 is that 10" wide x 8" high or the other way around?

Xray

Logo designs are higher than wide, 8" would be width.

Should really be a fairly simply and even fun project for the average DIY'er, I'm sure most if not all guys here like to tinker in one form or another.
Wood, plastics, metal and more are all viable options - And since LED's have low power consumption, batteries might even be preferable to AC power.
Hell, if you rig up a decent solution, might be able to hook up some members here.

The ones linked above are slick though, no question about it. Probably injection molded, I'd love to be able to crank out a product like that.

PCEngineHell

Care to explain just how much of a racist piece of crap you are Xray? Are you one of those all out racist, or are you a closet racist who only believes in white power from behind anonymous forum ids on racist forums?
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=12979.msg256394#msg256394

Arjak

Wow! I knew this guy was lower than dirt from the Hitler thread in Chit-Chat, but this is insane! #-o
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

CGQuarterly

I seriously question the mentality of anyone here who still buys a sign from this guy.

Chris

Xray

I think jibbas just pissed because more people have entered into my raffle for a home brewed TG plexi logo sign than his 2 defective flash carts - "Raffle of the Century" lol, big ego, puny little boy.

FiftyQuid

Not that anyone cares, but after seeing the evidence I am no longer considering a purchase and won't be visiting this thread (or any by Xray) again.

Arjak

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 09/09/2012, 09:36 PMNot that anyone cares, but after seeing the evidence I am no longer considering a purchase and won't be visiting this thread (or any by Xray) again.
I care. =D>

NightWolve

QuoteNOTE: I updated the Xray audit and added Exhibit E to prove he's a racist hatemonger that uses the n-word and hangs out on a racist site called chimpout.com which is completely dedicated to the hatred of black people... I've updated it all to make sure all potential buyers see him for what he is and to fight against people trying to back him up by dismissing all the evidence as just "drama-queen-ism" which just purely insults the effort that went into examining this guy and bringing forward all the facts.
Well, this has certainly gotten interesting when it comes to our fairly new resident character-assassin, XRay... It's much worse than we thought! Let's try to take it from the top, shall we?

* XRay, who showed up not more than a month ago, gets into a flame war with Bernie/Arkhan/Professor (mainly) in the Michael Jackson thread where he eventually accuses them -- and effectively anyone else who believes in the possibility/plausibility of Michael Jackson's innocence -- of being boy-loving, ass-shoving pedophiles themselves and/or sympathizers!!! How's THAT for a first impression ????

* Bernie reaches out to bury the hatchet which appears to happen, but XRay's arrogance (and extremism) with regard to the original argument reveals itself again with his last sentence in that thread: "Now I'm just waiting for a "Was Hitler really such a bad guy" thread to really get things going !"

* That sarcastic comment prompted tggodfrey to create a new thread called "Hitler....villian or victem". Sure enough, his prediction about "really getting things going" would come to pass, but not in his favor!!

* XRay couldn't help but monitor that thread knowing that his comment inspired its creation and inside he eventually found criticism by me and eventually others. Well, suffice to say, the little darling did not approve of further criticism for what happened in the Michael Jackson thread and basically sought to deter it by demonstrating more of his very intimidating flaming prowess to us...

* Long story short, the thread was locked and Professor starting doing some minor investigative work on ole XRay given how "popular" he's become around here given the above as well as for these TG-16 lit signs of his that many people want...

Note: The first pieces of evidence come from XRay's own blunder of posting an image of his desktop and the last 2 come from Professor's further digging into the guy's background by finding his ebay and photobucket accounts.

Exhibit A - Nazi Jet with swastikas on both wings

Source: http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7135/xrayracistdesktop.jpg  (Preserved in case he makes it disappear! Notice XRay the XGay needs a daily flood of hetero in his face to prevent another relapse! Heh-heh! He says he's a father of 5, so it doesn't bother him his kids or his woman might see that desktop...)

IMG

Exhibit B - A flag with a SS Bolt in the middle - some kind of Nazi-type either way, I am not sure!

IMG

The SS superseded the SA! This is the weakest of evidence given the uncertainty about this flag, but keep reading!!

Exhibit C - An ebay listing of his selling a sign of the Nazi SA Insignia!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/German-SA-insignia-1-2-inch-clear-acrylic-not-WW2-Nazi-era-Edge-lit-sign-/
Ebay Account: http://myworld.ebay.com/xraywolf.69/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

IMG

The Nazi SA was what brought Hitler to power in Germany and later it had to be purged because it was too violent and independent, etc.

http://www.adl.org/hate_symbols/Sturmabteilung.asp

For what reason would you want the symbol of this dark part of history to live on, let alone try to profit off of it ?? C'mon people, look at the whole picture with this bastard!!!!!!!

Exhibit D - A highly offensive/disgusting racist animated GIF of Michelle Obama transforming into a monkey!

The actual link to his photobucket account is here for verification. For those of you that don't know, Michelle is the wife of the current president of the United States (And no, RegalSin, you stupid fuck, this wasn't Condi Rice!)

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/Xraywolf/222/mob.gif - "Chimp" racism morphing found on chimpout.com, a complete racist site!
https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/Xraywolf/222/1-13.jpg - ACCOUNT MATCH TO HIS TG-16 SIGN!!

IMG

I've only attached a picture in case he decides to start making evidence disappear and I don't want it animating in the thread. Basically, the GIF takes Michelle's image and morphs it into the monkey seen here. You get the idea!

Exhibit E - Proving beyond a shadow of a doubt he's posted on chimpout.com, a PURE, RACIST SITE OF HATRED FOR BLACKS!

Given  a) https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/Xraywolf/222/1-13.jpg - His TG-16 sign link
and
Given  b) https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/Xraywolf/222/mob.gif - His racist Michelle Obama link

Google c) https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/Xraywolf/gods.jpg
or
Google c) "/Xraywolf/gods.jpg" <-- in quotes this time!

You will be returned ONE search result to a site called chimpout.com! What is this site ? Well, here's an introductory quote on the home page that makes it VERY CLEAR WHAT IT IS:
Quote"Welcome to Chimpout. A black plague is descending upon civilization. That plague is called the nigger. Here at Chimpout we provide up to the minute nigger facts and news stories that are either covered up or buried by the mainstream media. Everything you read here is the truth, gleaned from worldwide sources.

Our message is simple. Niggers are a cancer upon human society."
The search result you get on said RACIST site should be:

http://www.chimpout.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-78559.html
but to view it, click:
http://www.chimpout.com/forum/showthread.php?78559-Barrack-Hussein-a-movie-star-before-politics

The account that made the post is called "ShoNuff" - Ironic he uses a black character's name from "The Last Dragon" movie. So now, he's been successfully tied to this ShoNuff account, but wait, it GETS BETTER. He also posted this:

http://www.chimpout.com/forum/showthread.php?77655-McDonalds-black-only-web-site

Quote from: Xray_Racist_HatemongerYet another reason not to ever eat any of this greasy shit.
I have been there maybe 3 times in 5 years, with the exception that I take my kids in to play every now and then, and just get them milk shakes.

This, from their web site:

"At McDonald's®, we believe that African-American culture and achievement should be celebrated 365 days a year — not just during Black History Month. That's the idea behind 365Black.com"
[on the What is 365Black? link]

http://www.365black.com/365black/index.jsp

Nigger, pleeease !
"Black culture & achievement" "celebrated 365 days a year" ?
Could they possible be any more patronizing to these grease loving chimps ?
How much proof will you need that this man is a disgusting hate-monger ?? Would someone have to discover dead bodies hidden in his crawlspace before eyebrows are raised ??? Still wanna buy a sign from this guy with a clear conscience ?? Sorry, it will not be possible...

Here's another quote to get an idea of his character further down in that thread link I posted:

"McD's: Its chimp chow, and easy to see why nigs are apparently their main customer base."

He's referring to McDonald's greasy food as "chimp chow" for "nigs," shorthand for the n-word, etc. Offensive much ???

(Credit to Jibbajaba for this!)

So, ask yourself the following question, ladies and gentlemen, is this a guy who you want to be doing business with ??? Is it ???? To borrow Jibbajaba's wit, do you really wanna buy a TG-16 sign made off the very same machine that was used to create Nazi SA Insignia signs by a racist/extremist asshole that went as far as slandering fellow board members as pedophiles and/or sympathizers?

I think the answer is clear!

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 09/09/2012, 09:36 PMNot that anyone cares, but after seeing the evidence I am no longer considering a purchase and won't be visiting this thread (or any by Xray) again.
Nonsense! You made the right decision! This freak should NOT be getting ANYBODY'S business!

Arjak

This just keeps getting better and better! I'm glad you guys don't hate ME enough to dig up MY dirty little secrets!

RegalSin

....yeaaahh

I haven't' been looking at this stuff, because I have too busy playing around with Linda. I think yeh folks are getting a wee bit, carried away.
Yeh know, different strokes for different folks. Anyways, I will be at life the ladies house, ......

Quote from: Xray on 08/30/2012, 11:27 PMIMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG
Okay seriously, these things are awesome, and while a person could probably do this on their own spare time, that is still awesome.

riiiigggggghhtttt.....
IMGIMG

FiftyQuid

There's no denying they are awesome.  The quality of Xray's work is not in question.  It's the subject matter of some of his work that is turning people off.  The fact that the TG signage was made on the same machine as a retired Nazi logo by someone that has a questionable loyalties and beliefs is just... bad.  Every time I looked at the sign hanging in my gameroom I would only be able to associate it with all this bullshit.  I wouldn't be able to tolerate that, and if I had placed an order I would have had to take it down and throw it out.