10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Xbox One

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 05/21/2013, 01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigusSchmuck

You can get a good budget PC for the same price and does much more. Won't look as good as a XBOX one when gaming, but you could always upgrade later.

Arkhan Asylum

Oh if you have to flail around in front of the TV screaming XBOX, DRAGON!  XBOX, FLAP!  XBOX, DIVEBOMB! , I will personally destroy the team.

Also, Forza has a "Driveatar" that drives for you while you're not home.

Why even play the fucking game.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 06/11/2013, 11:18 PMYou can get a good budget PC for the same price and does much more. Won't look as good as a XBOX one when gaming, but you could always upgrade later.
It should only take a midrange graphics card to match either systems visuals, something in the $200 to 250 range. The 8 core apu they are using is clocked pretty low, so in all you could probably build a gaming pc that would match or exceed the systems total performance with $550 to 600 bucks if you build smart and take advantage of newegg sales and buy something like a AM3+ micro atx board and AMD FX-8320. After sales tax depending on where you live either home system will run you $40-50 more then the retail price, so honestly you wont be far off from the price of ordering parts and building a gaming pc.

And back to that low clocked apu thing. You have already seen what happens when you pair a slow clocked multi core with a competent gpu. It's called the Wii U, and it suffers low frame rates. Expect the same issues with the new consoles compared to pc performance depending on the games.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/12/2013, 03:26 AMOh if you have to flail around in front of the TV screaming XBOX, DRAGON!  XBOX, FLAP!  XBOX, DIVEBOMB! , I will personally destroy the team.

Also, Forza has a "Driveatar" that drives for you while you're not home.

Driveatar is there for you when you need to stop driving to text your friends. Don't drive and text.

DragonmasterDan

Awesome interview.
--DragonmasterDan

PCEngineHell

Saw that clip. He is delusional if he thinks people will choose to stay with the old aging 360 over buying a PS4. This applies to anyone, including the guy in the nuclear sub. Once 360 development starts to gear down people will want a new system. If net access or DRM matters to the buyer, they wont be buying the Xbox Halfbaked.

NecroPhile

Hah!  The breadline is over there, douche.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Digi.k

This will be interesting.  I can only wonder if Sony's own published games will be DRM free while 3rd parties will adopt their own DRM stances.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/e3-2013-drm-free-ps4-is-a-pr-play-expect-similar-policies-across-both-consoles-say-sources/

Several development sources have told us that they expect game publishers to implement similar DRM policies across Xbox One and PS4, despite what has unfolded at E3 this week.

Our contacts described Sony's conference announcements as a PR play, and revealed that its decision to go DRM-free was made at the very last minute.

Each platform holder's DRM policy has changed continually over the last few months, they said, though Microsoft's initial stance was much tougher than its position today. This suggests that the platform holder's decision to let publishers decide for themselves whether to implement DRM on Xbox One was not part of the original plan.

Ultimately, the developers we spoke to understand the need to protect the revenues made on their work, and expect to see broadly similar DRM restrictions across both PS4 and Xbox One – in one instance, it was suggested that these measures were essential for the console business to survive.

We were also told that final publishing agreements will not be drawn up for at least another month, so the terms of engagement could yet change once more before each console launches at the end of the year.

We have contacted Sony for comment.

fraggore

Well Microsoft has confirmed there is now way I will be buying it. There taking the piss if they think I will be paying to rent a console and games. mental like you will never own games or console and in 5 years or so when you abandon it everything you payed for will become a bit black paper weight.

Ps4 all the way they have done the right think for once, Microsofts xbox one is in for a huge dive in sales wonder how long it will take for them to go back on the always online and no second games only time will tell.
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

esadajr

I really loved my "original Xbox", that one was about the games. It was the right choice after "moving on" after the Dreamcast.
As per the X360, while there were games I enjoyed, I just got tired of the platform. Seeing how things are going with the Xbo One and the fact games I'm looking forward won't be available on it, then I'm pretty much done with Microsoft.
Heck, I'm even working on ditching Windows in favor of Linux.
Gaming since 1985

PCEngineHell

Quote from: esadajr on 06/12/2013, 02:23 PMI really loved my "original Xbox", that one was about the games.
You know me and my kids did not get into the original until well past its retail market death a couple years ago. We have 4 decks here and probably 70 or so games. All in all I don't think it is a bad system, but that shit with the power supply plugs solder joints breaking and all is not cool. I didn't find out about that shit until after I went to plug a cord in and had one spark on me a tad. Nothing got damaged thankfully, but bullshit non the less. After that I broke all the systems down and re-flowed the plugs solder joints and did general cleaning. I'd love to have a deck modded but I have just been to busy to bother with it myself.

Also, Ninja Gaiden Black was not as hard as everyone kept saying it was. I blew through it in a couple days, and I had the flu at that. Awesome game though either way.

esadajr

Now you mention it, I had an issue with the power supply myself (about six years ago if I recall correctly), someday it just refused to work. I ordered a replacement, the replacement was defective, got another replacement and it's been working ever since.

Back in the day it was well worth the effort to mod. Alternate dashboards, dongleless DVD playback, plenty of emus, XBMC, installing games on the HDD, etc

Agreed on Ninja Gaiden, it was somewhat difficult but not that hard and certainly a very enjoyable experience.
Gaming since 1985

fraggore

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/12/2013, 03:26 AMOh if you have to flail around in front of the TV screaming XBOX, DRAGON!  XBOX, FLAP!  XBOX, DIVEBOMB! , I will personally destroy the team.

Funny at the conference when they were waiting for a demo to start someone shouted "Xbox Off" lol
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

esadajr

In a time where devices like Roku are commonplace, having to make room for something like the X1 is just unacceptable
Gaming since 1985

Keranu

If you don't have the internet, just buy a PC Engine already. If not applicable, buy a gun and carefully place the barrel in your mouth.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/12/2013, 03:26 AMAlso, Forza has a "Driveatar" that drives for you while you're not home.

I saw that. A game that plays itself. Next will be RPGs that level themselves up for you. And FPS games that win the war for you (not that I would want to play those myself anyway). I mean why even have a controller? Xbox ON! Xbox PLAY GAME. Xbox WIN GAME! Xbox OFF!

NightWolve

New one, tied to Sting's, "Every breath you take...I'll be watching you!" Hahaha!

Arkhan Asylum

I didn't get an Xbox 1 until they were 99$ used, and I only got it to play Steel Battalion, and all the games that shouldve been on Dreamcast, like Panzer Dragoon Orta
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esadajr

only available in select countries and you agree not to sue Microsoft. Wow, what (censored)
Gaming since 1985

EvilEvoIX

There was a specific recall for Xbox users back in the day.  I followed the recall advice and moved on.  The 360 had over a 25% failure rate so that was much worse IMHO.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

roflmao

I read about the power cord recall in a magazine bitd and contacted Microsoft and they sent me a replacement cord with a huge power wart. I still have it, though my original Xbox hasn't been hooked up in awhile.

jlued686

roflmao

jlued686

NecroPhile

So they've changed its name from xbox one to xbox 180?

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 06/19/2013, 04:23 PMAnd it looks like it is true:
http://news.xbox.com/2013/05/qa
That does not really back up any of the claims on the other link. The QA  is old and still states it has to check in via the net, which is what Microsoft has always maintained. They never said it always had to be connected, but that it needed to check in once every 24 hrs.

Key words here:
" No, it does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet."

Also, the QA only states vague plans that were already elaborated on in further detail at press conferences concerning trade ins at stores like Gamestop. It doesn't have anything to do with you lending games or selling used games to friends or on CL, ebay, etc. I wouldn't put any faith into anything posted by any third party. Unless Microsoft states it, it is not going to happen, and they are notorious for not changing direction mid-release regardless of consumer fears and complaints.

NecroPhile

Try this link: http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Quote from: Don Mattrick, President, Interactive Entertainment BusinessSo, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

PCEngineHell

And now they need to figure out how to match the PS4's system power, get rid of the cam, and come down 100 bucks.

OldMan

Sorry, guys, but I won't be buying either one.
As for M$oft reversing its position, all I can say is .....
"Hey sony! Where's my ps2 compatibility?"

In 3 years, once its -in- your house, a firmware update will put it back in....

Bernie

Too late big M, maybe...  Depends on if the next Fable is coming on it and if these claims are true.

NecroPhile

Quote from: TheOldMan on 06/19/2013, 05:44 PMSorry, guys, but I won't be buying either one.
"Hey sony! Where's my ps2 compatibility other OS?"

Fixed that for ya.  They never took away the backwards compatibility, they just quit selling it.

allyourblood

Quote from: NecroPhile on 06/19/2013, 05:52 PM
Quote from: TheOldMan on 06/19/2013, 05:44 PMSorry, guys, but I won't be buying either one.
"Hey sony! Where's my ps2 compatibility other OS?"

Fixed that for ya.  They never took away the backwards compatibility, they just quit selling it.
It still never sat well with me that they removed the option from their later iterations off the console. I didn't buy one near launch and I always wished it had this capability. Still gotta have my darn PS2 under the TV next to my PS3. Not the end of the world, but I wish they would've left the option in.
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

esadajr

lack of seriousness, not a company you want to conduct business with.
Gaming since 1985

NightWolve

Quote from: allyourblood on 06/19/2013, 08:44 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 06/19/2013, 05:52 PMFixed that for ya.  They never took away the backwards compatibility, they just quit selling it.
It still never sat well with me that they removed the option from their later iterations off the console. I didn't buy one near launch and I always wished it had this capability. Still gotta have my darn PS2 under the TV next to my PS3. Not the end of the world, but I wish they would've left the option in.
Yeah, that does suck. The thing is, PS3 has HDMI output as a standard, while the best that the PS2 has is analog YPbPr Component (aside from raw RGB). A PS3 with PS2 support allows you to continue to play a great library of games but with a digital HDMI connection to your TV instead. Strange to pull back on a good idea like that when you already did the work to create the emulator for the launch model. Well, the market wanted a cheaper PS3 version I guess, so that's that.

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: NightWolve on 06/19/2013, 10:17 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 06/19/2013, 05:52 PMFixed that for ya.  They never took away the backwards compatibility, they just quit selling it.
Yeah, that does suck. The thing is, PS3 has HDMI output as a standard, while the best that the PS2 has is analog YPbPr Component (aside from raw RGB). A PS3 with PS2 support allows you to continue to play a great library of games but with a digital HDMI connection to your TV instead. Strange to pull back on a good idea like that when you already did the work to create the emulator for the launch model. Well, the market wanted a cheaper PS3 version I guess, so that's that.
I will say, that I finally got a component cable for my PS2, & there is still quite a difference compared to composite.
IMG

Deletion

Glad to hear MS came to their senses... er, succumbed to public pressure and reversed course. Also happy to hear the games will be region-free. Of course assuming Japanese devs will support the new console.

BlueBMW

The only downside to all this....  Gamestop will stay in business.  I'd be willing to sacrifice a generation of consoles (with a crazy DRM setup, no used games etc) just so we can see Gamestop die.

Way to backpedal Microsoft...  *facepalm*
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

NightWolve

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 06/19/2013, 10:57 PMI will say, that I finally got a component cable for my PS2, & there is still quite a difference compared to composite.
From Composite, oh yeah! I bought my YPbPr Component cable very early on, I think within a year after buying the system in 2001. My 32" Panasonic CRT TV really sucks with Composite and the S-Video isn't too impressive either, though somewhat better. Shimmering is almost totally eliminated with the use of YPbPr on it.

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/19/2013, 11:55 PMThe only downside to all this....  Gamestop will stay in business.
Heh-heh.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

IMG

And I first thought this is a made up joke. but in fact it isn't :lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Duo_R

oh man that is hilarious.....hahah they filtered all the bad stuff
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

CrackTiger

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 06/19/2013, 10:57 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 06/19/2013, 05:52 PMFixed that for ya.  They never took away the backwards compatibility, they just quit selling it.
I will say, that I finally got a component cable for my PS2, & there is still quite a difference compared to composite.
The problem with PS2 wasn't the cables, it's the fact that only a handful of games support progressive scan. I bought North American and Japanese PS3s with full backwards compatibility so I can play PS2 games with a solid image and for the upscaling of original Playstation games. And I'm not a big Playstation fan. But the picture quality of previous Playstations is already messy enough before video output.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NightWolve

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/20/2013, 03:09 AMwayback.noelshack.com/2013/1371657142-the-xbox-one-is.jpg

And I first thought this is a made up joke. but in fact it isn't :lol:
Hahaha! Good find!

PCEngineHell

I guess they stopped. This is what I got:

IMG

DragonmasterDan

I'm actually interested in the Xbox One now.

I have to give Microsoft credit for realizing "Wow, this was a terrible idea and everyone hates it." and making the right decision.
--DragonmasterDan

td741

I already preordered the PS4 but I guess I'll consider getting an XB-One later on (probably after a redesign and price drop. :P)

NightWolve

Well, I believe in a fair and balanced approach, there's always two sides to a coin ya know ?? ;) So looky here:

XboxDorklyMocking.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10200535616966418

EDIT: First seen from Kotaku BTW but made by Dorkly?.

tggodfrey

lmao.....that is awesome NW
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

esadajr

no matter what they say or do, no (censored) way I'm continuing with MS.
Gaming since 1985

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 06/19/2013, 10:57 PM
Indeed there is especially for games with 480P output.   
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.