SNK to announce new hardware ?

Started by Digi.k, 04/19/2018, 12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

Meh that button layout looks to cramp to me.Still since it is official it really reminds of the coleco tabletops from the 80's.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

TheClash603

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 05/10/2018, 09:15 PMMan. How hard is it to get your own damned button layout right? WTF?
SNK finally realized most people are derpy when trying to use their ring or pinky fingers on a controller.  I am not a fan of the change because it isn't authentic, but four buttons wide was not a great design choice originally.

SignOfZeta

You're missing the point. They already did a 2x2 layout for the Neo CD with colored buttons like this but they re-arranged the order of buttons. Presumably this is because they want the KOFs to have buttons that lineup like Capcom's (kicks on bottom, harder attacks to the right) and they still haven't figure out how to add a button config to their old ROMs.

I'm really hoping that stick doesn't suck as bad as it obviously does...we'll see.
IMG

VmprHntrD

Yet they also will be having AES/CD style gamepads you can use on it with the 2 controller ports supplied.  Unless you have to hunch over it, just HDMI it to the TV and use a game pad.  Problem solved.

bob

at least after "40 years" they stayed true to thier roots and released another POS

SignOfZeta

Will those game pads be FUCKED? I'd say there is at least a %70 chance they will be. That stick looks super crap.
IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: bob on 05/16/2018, 06:28 PMat least after "40 years" they stayed true to thier roots and released another POS
Even though I love a lot of SNK games, this had me laughing my ass off.

johnnykonami

I will have to take a look at this, but I concur a nicely made full size bar top in the MVS style would sell gangbusters.  I'd pay $300+ for something like that with a collection of basically all the games, either up front or nickel and dime me through some kind of storefront or new cartridges - just make the hardware solid.

seieienbu

Quote from: VmprHntrD on 05/16/2018, 04:36 PMYet they also will be having AES/CD style gamepads you can use on it with the 2 controller ports supplied.  Unless you have to hunch over it, just HDMI it to the TV and use a game pad.  Problem solved.
Wait, it has TWO controller ports?  That's actually pretty good sounding...
Current want list:  Bomberman 93