@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Farthest I've ever gotten in Final Fantasy X

Started by anRPGlegend, 10/03/2010, 07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anRPGlegend

I'm finally the farthest I've ever been in this game. This and FFX-2 are the only FF's besides 13 that I have not beat. I am about to rediscover Zanarken in the "current" world or 1000 years after Im still not clued in. Please no spoilers in the topic untill I beat it.

Oh and I am playing Final Fantasy X Internationl NTSC-J version not the PAL version with inconsistent screen refreshing causing the game to actually run slower.

Arkhan Asylum

If Rikku wasn't in that game, it would suck.

it still sucks with her in it actually.  Just less.

Tidus is a tool.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

anRPGlegend

I'm actually enjoying it very much, other than the fact that its an RPG on rails.

Great though, anyone play X-2? Thats my next conquest

JoshTurboTrollX

Final Fantasy X was the best Final Fantasy game since FF7.  I actually thought FFX would have made a pretty good movie... hell playing through it is practically like watching a movie...  I was pretty disappointed with X2, but you might like it.  It's not the same... not at all.

Now if I were to rate my top 3 favorite Final Fantasy's the newer games in the series wouldn't even be mentioned....
 it would go-
1. Final Fantasy II (IV)
2 .Final Fantasy III (VI)
3. Mystic Quest

lol-  I don't think the Playstation (1-3) era Final Fantasy's are all that great... but they could be worse.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

bartre

I loved X the first time i played it.
the second time, i thought it was pretty good.
the third, well, it was ok.
now i can't stand it.

My first FF game was 7, and that's still my favorite, but not by much.
2nd place goes to, well, i'm not sure, either 6, 8, or 9.

ANYWAY, X-2, don't bother.
it took all of the enjoyable parts of X and replaced them with sailor moon.

cornacchia

Final Fantays X was one of my favorite final fantasy's.  My first Final Fantasy was Final Fantasy Tactics and still remains as one of my favorite games.  As for X-2, I watched the opening scene and turned off the game.  Couldn't stand it.  I don't think I will ever play through that game.

Arkhan Asylum

I liked FFX-2 more than X.

I went in expecting some corny charlies angels meets FF meets WTF experience, and that was exactly what I got.

FFX, I expected an epic PS2 RPG following in the PSX FF footsteps...... instead I got a pretty looking pile of crap with a whiney main character and a dopey story...

the game system itself was pretty nice though
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Joe Redifer

I made it about 10 or 15 minutes into it before I grew bored.

Arkhan Asylum

FF13 is the first FF in awhile that I've given a shit about.

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 10/04/2010, 10:40 AMit still sucks with her in it actually.  Just less.

Tidus is a tool.
I beat it. Agreed.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: blueraven on 10/06/2010, 04:37 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 10/04/2010, 10:40 AMit still sucks with her in it actually.  Just less.

Tidus is a tool.
I beat it. Agreed.
I really liked the pacing of the game, and the scenery, and even the sphere grid was OK.  Strange, but OK.... but having to play a game revolving around some whiney jackoff for the whole game was just lammmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

OH MY GOD ZANARKAND, BLITZBALL, DADDY HATES ME, I WANNA PUT IT IN YUNA OMG WHAAAAA.

12 had the same damn problem too.  That Van kid was a total fruitloop.  It should have just been Fran and Balthier running around blowing shit up. 

blueraven

HahHaha. Yeah the character dev sucked, and Tidus was emo.

chany60126

I actually really liked FFX. I'll admit it, Tidus did whine a tad too much. But I thought the storyline was very solid and there were lots of interesting plot twists. The other characters were awesome. My favorite one is Auron. He is so bad ass. The game impressed the heck out of me visually when it first came out, especially the cut scenes. The battling system was great, nothing like unleashing an awesome overdrive attack. I liked how you could level up your players any way you want to with the sphere grid system. There are also lots of secrets to find, such as the legendary weapons and such.

My favorite FF has always been the sixth one on the SNES, but this one is right up there.

Arkhan Asylum

I  loved Rikku swimming around in her armor crap, talkin Al bhed, and then it cut to whiney mcpeepants, and I abandoned all hope.   ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Opethian

I like playing FF-X to the end I thought the ending was lame tough. The bitch was harvesting monster to get all the doorways to tomorrow to get damage limit break. I never did beat the optional aeons.
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Years ago I made it to Zanarkand...only to find out I still had a long ass way to go on my spheres.

That was a hang up for me. Never did finish the game.

geralds

FFx sucks the story was ok right up to the end then i died.  I hated bilts ball titus whined to much he was to emo.  Is it only me or did anyone ells find yuna a little emo ish.  Then we have ffx-2 after i found out how the game ended i said screw game and story of x over just sucks more.  The only hole reson i could bare to sit threw X was becouse auron was the only cool thing i could even find about X.