The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Taito Legends 2

Started by MotoRoaderMike, 08/17/2007, 04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoRoaderMike

Well, I FINALLY got it today at some place at the mall for $14.99. Some interesting games on here. Many I had played for the first time ever. We got "The Legend Of Kage", which is one of Taito's best games, we also got:

Elevator Action II (sequel to the 1983 hit and a very good one at that)
Metal Black (interesting shooter with a post apocalyptic theme)
Kuri Kinton (I forgot all about this one until today, and I first discovered this game in 2003)
Space Invaders '95
Ray Storm
Cleopatra Fortune
Qix
Hat Trick Hero
Nastar
Puzzle Bobble 2

and many others.

For some reason, on the box and in the manual, Puzzle Bobble 2 is still called "Puzzle Bobble 2", but in the game, it's called "Bust A Move Again". What the hell? Anyway, I hope these games are on Taito Legends 3:

Chase H.Q.
Special Criminal Investigation
Champion Wrestler
Under Fire
/forumsiggs6.jpg
Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

nat

Quote from: MotoRoaderMike on 08/17/2007, 04:51 PMFor some reason, on the box and in the manual, Puzzle Bobble 2 is still called "Puzzle Bobble 2", but in the game, it's called "Bust A Move Again". What the hell? Anyway, I hope these games are on Taito Legends 3:
Someone got lazy.

The Puzzle Bobble "franchise" is known as Bust-a-Move in the USA. It's known as Puzzle Bobble everywhere else.

PCEngineHell

That disc has emulation issues:(

MotoRoaderMike

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 08/17/2007, 05:50 PMThat disc has emulation issues:(
How so? Ooops, I forgot "Crime City". I hope that's on the third volume too.
/forumsiggs6.jpg

Joe Redifer

Is this the work of Digital Eclipse?   [-o<

TR0N

Quote from: MotoRoaderMike on 08/17/2007, 04:51 PMWell, I FINALLY got it today at some place at the mall for $14.99. Some interesting games on here. Many I had played for the first time ever. We got "The Legend Of Kage", which is one of Taito's best games, we also got:

Elevator Action II (sequel to the 1983 hit and a very good one at that)
Metal Black (interesting shooter with a post apocalyptic theme)
Kuri Kinton (I forgot all about this one until today, and I first discovered this game in 2003)
Space Invaders '95
Ray Storm
Cleopatra Fortune
Qix
Hat Trick Hero
Nastar
Puzzle Bobble 2

and many others.

For some reason, on the box and in the manual, Puzzle Bobble 2 is still called "Puzzle Bobble 2", but in the game, it's called "Bust A Move Again". What the hell? Anyway, I hope these games are on Taito Legends 3:

Chase H.Q.
Special Criminal Investigation
Champion Wrestler
Under Fire
I did have a thread about TL2 all ready.
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=2566.0

Not bad a collection either i'm just bitter the pal version on the xbox got, Cadash and Bubble Symphony instead.

Still when ya look at what, Taito Legends 1&2 got.. it's a rip off taito memorise wasn't released here instead.

Given Taito Memorise for the jpn PS2 has more games on it.

Still i have TL2 and it's worth it to play the arcade version of, Legend of Kage and Liquid Kids.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ParanoiaDragon

Bust A Move on this collectin has problems, the music stops & I think it only plays one song, out of the plethora of all the songs in the game.
IMG

MotoRoaderMike

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/17/2007, 10:59 PMIs this the work of Digital Eclipse?   [-o<
Afraid not. It's the work of some company called Empire Interactive.
/forumsiggs6.jpg

Tatsujin

there's a damn lot out already. i believe 6 div. compilations. and non of those contains rastan yet.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

ParanoiaDragon

Actually, the first Taito Legends has the first Rastan on it......unless I'm misunderstanding you??
IMG

Alt-Nintega

I would rather get the Taito Memories series if you can play Japanese PS2 games in some form. Taito did the emulation themeselves meaning it is way better that the hack jobs Empire Games did.

TR0N

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/18/2007, 01:27 PMthere's a damn lot out already. i believe 6 div. compilations. and non of those contains rastan yet.
Rastan is on, Taito Legends vol1 and on Taito Memorise as well for the jpn PS2.

While TL2 has the second rastan game and i see it as trash  :P
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

i'm just talking about the JPN releases and i really couldn't spot out rastan saga on those compilations for the PS2 (i own the PSP version, but it's crappy as hell to play).

so you saying it's on the taito memories 1 for PS2? will have a closer look again next time i see it  :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..