@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Best things to do with flash card?

Started by SignOfZeta, 04/19/2013, 12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SignOfZeta

The other day I got THIS COOL THING and after yelling at the only Windows machine left in the house (a crappy ass Samsung netbook...remember those?) for two hours I finally got it working.

I played around with the English patched Bubblegum Crash for a while. This was actually a primary motivator in me getting the flash card. Unfortunatly...its not that great of a game. :(

Last night I stayed up late playing Toungeman's Logic which is really impressive. I've always hated minesweeper/sudoku/picross style stuff but..hey, you make it for PCE and throw in a ton of state of the art PCE tech and I'll basically play anything. :)

So what other cool shit should I try?
IMG

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

SignOfZeta

I had trouble getting some stuff to run at first (mostly fixed now) but one of the first things I did was compare Magical Chase US to Magical Chase JP since those ran first try.

I can't say that I actually prefer one or the other. I *guess* if I had to pick one I'd pick the JP version but I really don't care. It's about a 55/45 in favor of the JP one I guess.

Next time people come over I'm going to load up Bomberman Users Battle.
IMG

CrackTiger

I use mine the most for playing sound roms.

Chris Covell's tech demos are cool to see running on real hardware.

There are lots of translated HuCard games. Even if many could be completed without knowing what is being said, it's motivation enough to give some games another playthrough. Some that I know of are Son Son II, Bikurriman World, City Hunter, Lady Sword, Gekisha Boy, Aoi Blink, Die Hard, Gaia no Monshou ("Langrisser Zero") and Maison Ikkoku. Tom was working with someone on a translation of Makai Hakkenden Shada (Ys style game), but I don't know if anything was ever released.

Aetherbyte recently released a Protocade rom.

There is a voice sample demo floating around with crystal clear (for 16-bit) Lunar SSS singing.

The COURAGE diskmag.

Tom's Famicom/NES game conversions.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NecroPhile

Quote from: CrackTiger on 04/19/2013, 08:13 AMThere is a voice sample demo floating around with crystal clear (for 16-bit) Lunar SSS singing.
I'd like to see (hear) this one if anyone has it around.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

You could make your own tunes with Squirrel and fire them up on real hardware.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

gameofyou

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 04/19/2013, 12:28 AMThe other day I got THIS COOL THING and after yelling at the only Windows machine left in the house (a crappy ass Samsung netbook...remember those?) for two hours I finally got it working.
Lol.  I'm glad you finally got it working.  :)

esteban

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 04/19/2013, 12:28 AMThe other day I got THIS COOL THING and after yelling at the only Windows machine left in the house (a crappy ass Samsung netbook...remember those?) for two hours I finally got it working.

I played around with the English patched Bubblegum Crash for a while. This was actually a primary motivator in me getting the flash card. Unfortunatly...its not that great of a game. :(

Last night I stayed up late playing Toungeman's Logic which is really impressive. I've always hated minesweeper/sudoku/picross style stuff but..hey, you make it for PCE and throw in a ton of state of the art PCE tech and I'll basically play anything. :)

I gotta follow in your footsteps...

I finally resuscitated an ancient desktop PC with Windows XP. I hope to figure out how to use gameofyou's flashcard one of these days (I got it a billion years ago).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keith Courage

Translated Die Hard and Wonderboy would get my vote.

burn_654

Translated Photograph Boy/Gekisha Boy gets my vote, it's great! Sidescrolling Pokemon Snap with some great japanese humor :)
Quote from: RegalSinYou know for that r-tard who goes like "oh something retro, let me put down my vabagelina, stop drinking my cheeze wine, and get to playing".

fraggore

Quote from: burn_654 on 04/20/2013, 01:27 PMTranslated Photograph Boy/Gekisha Boy gets my vote, it's great! Sidescrolling Pokemon Snap with some great japanese humor :)
Got to be honest the pce and playstation games are good on my list of games to get.
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

esadajr

Quote from: esteban on 04/20/2013, 01:44 AM

I finally resuscitated an ancient desktop PC with Windows XP. I hope to figure out how to use gameofyou's flashcard one of these days (I got it a billion years ago).
You don't need a clunker to make it work. It works just fine with Win7 x64.
Gaming since 1985

Tatsujin

Quote from: fraggore on 04/21/2013, 03:14 PM
Quote from: burn_654 on 04/20/2013, 01:27 PMTranslated Photograph Boy/Gekisha Boy gets my vote, it's great! Sidescrolling Pokemon Snap with some great japanese humor :)
Got to be honest the pce and playstation games are good on my list of games to get.
also to mention, that the pce gekisha boy also exists on the PS1 in the 1500 series known as "the photographer" :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

Quote from: esadajr on 04/24/2013, 10:05 AM
Quote from: esteban on 04/20/2013, 01:44 AM

You don't need a clunker to make it work. It works just fine with Win7 x64.
Sadly, that's my most current desktop. My laptop is 2004. Yeah, I got old hardware.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG