OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Bloody Wolf & Last Alert

Started by TurboPlayer, 03/01/2008, 08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurboPlayer

were these games made by the same company? I LOVE Last Alert! It makes me feel like im in an early 90s Schwarzenegger's flick when i play it.

Keranu

I'm pretty sure Bloody Wolf was made by Data East and Last Alert was made by Telenet. Awesome games.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

TurboXray

(what Keranu said)... and the fact that they are completely different games - they play different, look different, sound different,etc. But yeah, not by the same company.

Turbo D

excellent games. I like bloody wolf best, but they both rock.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

TurboXray

Quote from: turbo D on 03/01/2008, 09:56 PMexcellent games. I like bloody wolf best, but they both rock.
Imagine - Bloody Wolf on CD with cinemas galore like Last Alert. But Bloody Wolf is awesome by itself. I really love the instruments the game uses. Gives it a unique sound. Oh man, I need to listen to some Bloody Wolf!

ParanoiaDragon

They both rule, but, yeah, Bloody Wolf for the win!
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: EvilDeadite on 03/02/2008, 04:26 AMI can see how the two can be seen as sequels of eachother due to the identical gameplay.
I wouldn't say the gameplay is "identical", but they're both in the same genre definitely. Bloody Wolf was a little more different than other run n' gunners in that it was like a mix between overhead and sidescroll platforming... kinda like a beat'em up or something.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Joe Redifer

Last Alert wins.  I haven't played Bloody Wolf beyond a rental back in 1991 or 1992, but that memory is enough to base a valid opinion on, right?

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/02/2008, 04:40 AMLast Alert wins.  I haven't played Bloody Wolf beyond a rental back in 1991 or 1992, but that memory is enough to base a valid opinion on, right?
You should play through Bloody Wolf some time, it's really sweet. I think Bloody Wolf is a better game, but I think I personally prefer Last Alert since I'm a sucker for it's RPG elements, cinemas, and awesome voice acting.
IMG

shubibiman

Bloody Wolf rocks hard but I think Red Alert rocks harder. I love the variety of weapons and of the missions. Still, they're both excellent games.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

esteban

Quote from: TurboXray on 03/02/2008, 12:01 AM
Quote from: turbo D on 03/01/2008, 09:56 PMexcellent games. I like bloody wolf best, but they both rock.
Imagine - Bloody Wolf on CD with cinemas galore like Last Alert. But Bloody Wolf is awesome by itself. I really love the instruments the game uses. Gives it a unique sound. Oh man, I need to listen to some Bloody Wolf!
Don't make my cry! Bloody Wolf is awesome, the chip tunes kick ass, except for some flicker/slowdown, it's a pure delight...

Of course, I would have gladly paid for a slightly-enhanced CD version of Bloody Wolf.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

gekioh

man i dont own bloody wolf and now i want it so i can try it. sound cool. I have last alert though and it kicks ass.

MurderDate

oh man,  Bloody Wolf is a TG16 CLASSIC !!!   Every bit as much as Bonk or Keith or the Crushes.  You gotta get it  :!:
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

sideshow

I always thought it was funny in bloody wolf how there wasnt a animation for when your climbing over fences.  The dude just kept on climbing air at the top of the fence.  I cant express how awesome the soundtrack is for bloody wolf.  It topples many CD rom game soundtracks.  I think there was also some dialog typos in the game where the spelling was so obviously wrong.

ParanoiaDragon

It'd be great to make sequals to both.  Next Alert, or First Alert & Bloody Coyote!
IMG

Turbo D

what happened to turbo player? Why did he become a guest?   :-k
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: turbo D on 03/03/2008, 12:39 AMwhat happened to turbo player? Why did he become a guest?   :-k
He was banned because it was Validus under a different name.

Did Turbo Player bother you? :)
IMG

Turbo D

It was Validus? lmao. He didn't bother me, I was just curious.
IMG IMG
IMG

nat

He didn't just become a guest, he became an unwelcome guest.

NecroPhile

Bloody Wolf and Last Alert kick ass and are everything that Final Zone II ain't.  I prefer Last Alert's more varied gameplay to the monotony of Bloody Wolf, but the difficulty level of Bloody Wolf makes me love it more than the cake walk that is Last Alert.

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 03/03/2008, 12:24 AMIt'd be great to make sequals to both.  Next Alert, or First Alert & Bloody Coyote!
Thanks, I needed a good laugh this morning.  :lol:

Quote from: nat on 03/03/2008, 01:03 AMHe didn't just become a guest, he became an unwelcome guest.
Will he ever learn?  The douche wasted his second chance and burned the bridge on the way out, so it makes no sense that he's trying so hard to come back now.  He must've been dropped on his head a lot when he was a wee tot.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nat

I don't know, I'm puzzled by that myself, really.

runinruder

Like most folks, I dig both games.  I prefer Last Alert because of its assortment of mission objectives and deeper gameplay, and because its controls feel more refined.  Its cinematics (burning Kazama!) and superior music don't hurt either. 

Favorite Last Alert part: Tux-clad Kazama wrecking shit on an ocean liner.

Favorite Bloody Wolf part: Last boss fight, very tough and accompanied by great music.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

nat

The entire soundtrack in Bloody Wolf is great. Very arcade-ish.

guyjin

Quote from: guest on 03/03/2008, 10:46 AMWill he ever learn?  The douche wasted his second chance and burned the bridge on the way out, so it makes no sense that he's trying so hard to come back now.  He must've been dropped on his head a lot when he was a wee tot.
How'd he do that? As far as I saw, he just kinda dissapeared...

nat

Quote from: guyjin on 03/03/2008, 11:44 AM
Quote from: guest on 03/03/2008, 10:46 AMWill he ever learn?  The douche wasted his second chance and burned the bridge on the way out, so it makes no sense that he's trying so hard to come back now.  He must've been dropped on his head a lot when he was a wee tot.
How'd he do that? As far as I saw, he just kinda dissapeared...
His final threads/posts were deleted quickly. It was pretty ugly.

NecroPhile

Quote from: nat on 03/03/2008, 11:54 AMHis final threads/posts were deleted quickly. It was pretty ugly.
Not to mention the things he posted on other forums regarding this forum and Mr. Nanto.  There's absolutely no reason to grant the clown another opportunity to spread his particular brand of ignorance, hate, and obnoxiousness.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

pixeljunkie

Quote from: nat on 03/03/2008, 10:57 AMThe entire soundtrack in Bloody Wolf is great. Very arcade-ish.
I have the Bloody Wolf arcade board as well, and I totally prefer the music on the TG16 version. Same tunes, but the TG version is just better. Its an amazing port.

CrackTiger

I still haven't played much of Last Alert. It seemed like a decent but not great game that was propped up by CD features.

But even it turned out to be unbelievable, I still doubt that it would be as good overall as Bloody Wolf, which is one of my favorite Turbo/PCE games.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TR0N

Both i can't say i think either one is better then the other.

Still what edge it out for me a little is last alert english dubbing.

It's hilariously bad and it all ways cracks me up when i put my copy in the pce.

Given you have lines like this "the stealth bomber is in back of this factory!"

Or "Sorry i don't like roast pork"  :lol: :lol:

Just imagine if bloody wolf ended up on cd instead and not on a,hucard i'm sure the result would be the same  :roll:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

sideshow

http://mapage.noos.fr/kaminari/hes/

Download the HES file if you wanna hear the music for bloody wolf.  Its.........well..........bloody good! :D

Its called:  Narazumono Sentō Butai Bloody Wolf

spenoza

I don't really understand why people like Bloody Wolf so much. I found it kinda hard to control and aim, particularly on motorcycle. It ended up being harder than it needed to because my character always over-responded to my inputs.

TurboXray

Quote from: guest on 03/08/2008, 03:43 PMI don't really understand why people like Bloody Wolf so much. I found it kinda hard to control and aim, particularly on motorcycle. It ended up being harder than it needed to because my character always over-responded to my inputs.
Hehe, maybe action games aren't for you then. But seriously, I haven't heard that complaint about BW before.