@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Showing off the PCFX to Playstation or Saturn owners?

Started by JoshTurboTrollX, 01/19/2017, 01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

780racer

Quote from: Michirin9801 on 01/27/2017, 12:32 PMI haven't yet played Zenki or Zeroigar, I'm saving them for later when I'm in the mood to play something other than Dragon Quest VIII again, also, I'm kinda busy working on something so I'm not playing much of anything lately...

(Note: I do know a little bit of Japanese, like just enough to navigate menus and know what I'm doing, what I don't quite understand is what is going on in the story and what the characters are saying...)
You seriously should play the translated Pia Carrot. Its a pretty neat little dating Sim, with a good little story. Also the Saturn got the heavily "Nerf'd" censored version of the game.

But seriously, it is a great dating sim, and if you don't use a guide (There is a English one, and a easier to read one Ill finish one day.....) I would be impressed if you got most of the girls without it. Quite a in depth little game.

Jus saying.... Plus it has tiddies

elmer

Quote from: 780racer on 05/23/2017, 10:09 AMBut seriously, it is a great dating sim, and if you don't use a guide (There is a English one, and a easier to read one Ill finish one day.....) I would be impressed if you got most of the girls without it. Quite a in depth little game.

Jus saying.... Plus it has tiddies
She might find that more interesting if she couldn't just tilt her head down and see tiddies any time she has the desire to.

We're not all boys here, you know.

Gawd ... I often wonder why my daughter bothers with boys. We rarely show ourselves to be worth the effort.

If it wasn't for the overriding power of hormones, I suspect that human race would have died out very early on in our evolution.

ClodBusted

Michirin9801

Quote from: guest on 05/24/2017, 12:53 AMWomen? On the Internet?? Where???
It's unfortunate, but I feel ya... The retro-gaming community is a bloody sausage party, you have no idea how much I wish I could find someone to whom I could talk about hair, make-up and fashion as well as Street Fighter II, Dragon's Curse and Soldier Blade, but let's just say it's a little difficult >w>

ClodBusted

No kidding. I've just seen to many guys sporting female avatars on the web, so I wouldn't recognize a real woman among them even if she's sitting right on my face, anyway.

I guess I must be lucky that my better half enjoys playing old video games, too. And she doesn't mind if there's a bare breast sometimes shown on the screen... When she once told me, she liked that one Lupin III movie the most where Fujiko got stripped from her clothes several times, that gave me an idea.

Michirin9801

A lot of girls use pretty-boy avatars though so there's that... The thing is that I just really don't enjoy talking to fujoshis...

ClodBusted

NecroPhile

I don't know...... I'm pretty sure I'll notice a girl every time one's sitting on my face.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

780racer

Deleted

Gypsy

NecroPhile

Quote from: 780racer on 05/24/2017, 06:03 PMDeleted
Chicken!

Go sit on clod's face and see if he can guess your gender.

xcrement5x

Soo, back on topic a bit I suppose...

Has anyone given much of a play to Ruruli Ra Rura?  I've heard pretty mixed things about the game but as a big fan of Popful Mail it looks like there are some similarities to it with the character switching and the general platforming, but it sounds like it is a bit unfinished in some areas.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

It's cute but really slow and kinda hard to figure out what you're supposed to do.

Mathius

Quote from: Michirin9801 on 05/24/2017, 02:04 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/24/2017, 12:53 AMWomen? On the Internet?? Where???
It's unfortunate, but I feel ya... The retro-gaming community is a bloody sausage party, you have no idea how much I wish I could find someone to whom I could talk about hair, make-up and fashion as well as Street Fighter II, Dragon's Curse and Soldier Blade, but let's just say it's a little difficult >w>
Hey Michirin. If you're interested every April in Milwaukee we run a game convention called MGC where we have a museum area which includes a Turbofest. We have four or five other girls in our group including my wife that you may enjoy hanging out with to talk games, anime, etc. We're all one big family. Just puttin' it out there in case you were ever interested.

Michirin9801

Quote from: Mathius on 05/26/2017, 12:28 AMHey Michirin. If you're interested every April in Milwaukee we run a game convention called MGC where we have a museum area which includes a Turbofest. We have four or five other girls in our group including my wife that you may enjoy hanging out with to talk games, anime, etc. We're all one big family. Just puttin' it out there in case you were ever interested.
If I'm ever in the area, I'll be sure to go there!

Serega81

Ruruli Ra Rura is a cool little game, but to second Necromancer, there were plenty of times I got stuck, because of stage design elements..  I never beat it, because, for all of its charm, it does feel unfinished.
If you don't like how things are, change it!  You're not a tree!!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Serega81 on 08/11/2017, 03:25 PMRuruli Ra Rura is a cool little game, but to second Necromancer, there were plenty of times I got stuck, because of stage design elements..  I never beat it, because, for all of its charm, it does feel unfinished. 
its also really ugly, considering the hardware, and how like..

they could have tried harder with the art.   
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TheClash603

Quote from: Serega81 on 08/11/2017, 03:25 PMRuruli Ra Rura is a cool little game, but to second Necromancer, there were plenty of times I got stuck, because of stage design elements..  I never beat it, because, for all of its charm, it does feel unfinished. 
I just picked this up and haven't played yet.

Are people getting stuck because the language barrier or because the game sucks?

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/18/2018, 03:02 PM
I just picked this up and haven't played yet.

Are people getting stuck because the language barrier or because the game sucks?
I think it has more to do with design flaws. Like it wasn't fully tested, but they were like- "HOLY SHIT, AN ACTUAL ACTION PLATFORMER FOR PCFX!?!?"

"It's not ready yet..."

"FUCK YOU, WE'LL PATCH IT LATER! RELEASE IT TODAY!"

"Are we Ubi Soft?...  Tell me we're not Ubi Soft..."

"Is it 2018?"

"Fuck, we're Ubi Soft aren't we?"
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SamIAm

There has to be a story behind Rururi Ra Rura. It was announced in 1995, IIRC, and wasn't released until 1998. They just couldn't have been working on it all that time. It's unbelievably unpolished.

When elmer and I did the Zeroigar translation, I searched PCE mags for info about it, and I found out that even though it was released in August 1997, it looked like it was mostly done a good year beforehand. It makes me wonder if NEC or their third parties tried to stagger the PC-FX's few releases.

TheClash603

Quote from: SamIAm on 03/20/2018, 04:44 AMThere has to be a story behind Rururi Ra Rura. It was announced in 1995, IIRC, and wasn't released until 1998. They just couldn't have been working on it all that time. It's unbelievably unpolished.

When elmer and I did the Zeroigar translation, I searched PCE mags for info about it, and I found out that even though it was released in August 1997, it looked like it was mostly done a good year beforehand. It makes me wonder if NEC or their third parties tried to stagger the PC-FX's few releases.
Perhaps they cancelled the game and then decided...  "meh, it's good enough."

Speaking of the two English translations, they play on real hardware on CD-R right?  Anyone have a CD burner that can help a non-burner out?

NecroPhile

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/20/2018, 07:59 AMSpeaking of the two English translations, they play on real hardware on CD-R right?  Anyone have a CD burner that can help a non-burner out?
PM me yo' address and I'll send you 'em.

Gypsy

Yes they do Clash. I played through Zeroigar that way. Game is the nutter butters.