"When did Nintendoage become a bad word?"

Started by Gentlegamer, 06/06/2017, 11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gentlegamer

Topic at NA trying to figure out why the site is mostly disliked outside their forum.

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?StartRow=1&catid=7&threadid=174443

A mod posts a perfect example why:

Meh, just consider the source when you hear that stuff. A lot of it stems from butthurt that they don't have the awesome stuff some of the peeps here have.

PCEFX: why you hatin' cos  you dont' have all their kewl stuff?
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Gypsy

NecroPhile

I'm sure there's lots of good peeps over there, but there's also lots of VGA retards, people like the fool quoted above that dismiss any comment about overpricing as jealousy because we're too poor to buy stuff, and greedy assholes that flip everything they can and care nothing about community.

In other words, the site has too many people like jonebone.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2017, 12:07 PMI'm sure there's lots of good peeps over there, but there's also lots of VGA retards, people like the fool quoted above that dismiss any comment about overpricing as jealousy because we're too poor to buy stuff, and greedy assholes that flip everything they can and care nothing about community.

In other words, the site has too many people like jonebone.
Lol nailed it.

The main reason I don't bother is partly because of how moderated they are. I much prefer the general hand-off approach when it comes to moderation.

bob

its funny to look at that thread and see the people on the site defending themselves to each other.

CrackTiger

"Meh, just consider the source when you hear that stuff. A lot of it stems from butthurt that they don't have the awesome stuff homemade bootlegs some of the peeps here have bid thousands of dollars on in nintendoage thread auctions."
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NoSexGex

So glad this got posted here too, I'm having a ball following that thread
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

NoSexGex

Quote from: Nulltard on 06/06/2017, 02:40 PMThey incredulously explained to the guards, "but we're from Nintendo Age".
Oh shit, now that's some serious business
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Nulltard on 06/06/2017, 02:40 PMA couple years ago at MGC, security stopped some kids that didn't have to the wristband/vip badge or whatever... They incredulously explained to the guards, "but we're from Nintendo Age".
You missed the part that the security guard was a guy in his 60s.

Also, you left out the fact that you were skunk drunk.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

crazydean

My favorite part is where several people tell them exactly why everyone hates NA. Then, they just start attacking anyone who disagrees. Lol.

CrackTiger

Quote from: NulltardI will say this for Nintendo Age: their community was where Cornball Cocksuckers (the homebrew NES game) came from, right?  They can't all be bad apples over there
Oh, really?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=34&threadid=149657
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: CrackTiger on 06/06/2017, 06:34 PM
Quote from: NulltardI will say this for Nintendo Age: their community was where Cornball Cocksuckers (the homebrew NES game) came from, right?  They can't all be bad apples over there
Oh, really?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=34&threadid=149657
Dude, really? What is wrong with an LE Homebrew, if it supports the authors of homebrews? You know that small run homebrews are a losing proposition. The coders and artists aren't even making close to minimum wage by the time they manufacture and sell the game. Not that profit is the reason they do it, but professional coders and artists get way more than minimum wage. Homebrewers LIKE YOURSELF are adding great things to the hobby.

What the hell do you have against NintendoAgers supporting those homebrewers, by bidding way too much on a stupid Limited Edition? Just consider charity and support of homebrews. Its not your money, it doesn't prevent you from owning an non-LE of Cornball Cocksuckers, so really, its none of your fucking business.

Sorry NintendoAgers are willing to essentially gift money to homebrewers in support of the hobby.

EDIT: And I didn't even notice, nearly 1/3rd went right back to NintendoAge, to help pay for server costs, and the various events that NA holds.  So, yeah, you hate NA, but these bidders/homebrewers are also helping support a site they love. So much evil.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Medic_wheat

"Whinny garbage babies".

The threads poster of the outside perspective is hilarious.

Psycho Punch

By all means do a Limited Edition auction, but please have a worthy game inside the goddamn cartridge. A regular release/rom alongside it would be great too.

About NA: the game, not sure if the banned guy was an asshole or not but NA definitely seems like a place where "hypocrites jerk off to their copies of fire and ice"
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

roflmao

I think it's genius that they offered an auction the way they did. The Old Rover and Arkan could use that as a way to recoup some of their costs on whatever they are currently developing. Granted, most of us might not be that baller, but for a small run, they made a ton of money! And all from their biggest fans.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: guest on 06/07/2017, 01:14 AMI think it's genius that they offered an auction the way they did. The Old Rover and Arkan could use that as a way to recoup some of their costs on whatever they are currently developing. Granted, most of us might not be that baller, but for a small run, they made a ton of money! And all from their biggest fans.
That's how basically 99.9% of NA homebrew gets released nowadays.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 06/07/2017, 01:14 AMI think it's genius that they offered an auction the way they did. The Old Rover and Arkan could use that as a way to recoup some of their costs on whatever they are currently developing. Granted, most of us might not be that baller, but for a small run, they made a ton of money! And all from their biggest fans.
I am not sure if "biggest fans," was said with tongue in cheek...

bartre

I really just tend to chalk it up to the trend among nintendo "collectors"
i.e. i want to collect it, not play it.

they're toys people, gotta let em breathe.

NoSexGex

The OP of that thread is actually a user here too, just not active anymore. Great guy though. He told me he posted it in the morning, left for work and came home to find the post locked and 200+ replies

Gentlegamer

I'm probably done at NA.

Message I sent to a mod below:

Re: Collectard... since not a single moderator bothered to PM me and I had to dig through a now closed thread for my "warning:"

If the comical term "collectard" is offensive, it is because the behavior and effects of the modern "collecting mindset" are offensive and comical, and it is better to get a response out of the viewer than some milquetoast, mod-approved term.

If this the stance of NA, go ahead and permaban me because I will not stop criticizing/clowning-on the modern collecting mindset best comically refered to as "collectard" especially to bow to politically correct considerations.

Political correctness is a black hole; every single "non offensive, more compassionate/sensative" euphemism that is used will in turn be banned for being "insensative" in time because there is no satiating the politically correct crowd or their never ending list of emotional and irrational grievances.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

NecroPhile

As gypsy noted earlier, they're whiny and overmoderated.  That thread is a fine example: people pissing and moaning over the term 'collectard' and fairly civil thread was locked.

glazball

Reading through the NA thread now.

Gentlegamer - wow!  That's the most ungentle I've ever seen you ;)
glazball's game collection and wantlist

NecroPhile

You mean delete and rejoin a week or two later, right?  :mrgreen:

CrackTiger

You know that your community has a collectard problem and a greater problem as a community when use of the word "collectard" is a bannable offense and someone is actuallty motivated enough to create a thread asking why your community has such a bad rep... and the thread gets locked.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 06/10/2017, 01:15 PMYou know that your community has a collectard problem and a greater problem as a community when use of the word "collectard" is a bannable offense and someone is actuallty motivated enough to create a thread asking why your community has such a bad rep... and the thread gets locked.
Yup.

I DECIDED TO POST ALONG POST. JUST BECAUSE.

:)

I can't help but feel that folks are offended, but not for the proper reasons. They really don't care about folks who are mentally challenged, they just don't like being associated with the mentally challenged.

I understand why some folks might not like the term "collectard" because "retard" is an offensive term.

I personally find "retard" an offensive term, and I feel bad for associating folks who are mentally challenged with the fucking loser douchebags in our hobby who treat video games like stamps or coins.

The "stamp-coin-videogame-collecting mentality" needs a nice, short nickname, and, for better or for worse, I think "collectard" perfectly captures it.

In a better world, some other term like "douchebag-collector" would satisfy me. But, sadly, saying "douchebag-collector" is not nearly as satisfying as "collectard".

To be honest, now that I think about it, we really could have fun labeling different parts of the "douchebag-collector" spectrum.

"Collectard" could be just one of many designations on the spectrum.

I say this knowing that I seem insensitive to folks like my son (who has autism and is definitely "on the spectrum"). 

Anyway, back in topic:

Fucking collectards have (almost?) ruined this hobby for me.

No, that's not true.

A more accurate way to express how I feel:

The army of collectards today have soiled our hobby, forcing me to make disclaimers (if I should ever attempt to explain to folks) that I like playing old video games on the original consoles.

It's like "please don't assume I'm like a baseball card collector"
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bartre

I don't have any kind of problem with quote "collecting," the problem lies with "collectarding"
i.e. tying so much of this shit to your identity or something, like it gives you value.
it's not what you have, it's what you do.
Collectards try to screw each other over in the pursuit of material goods.
what the fuck dudes.
someone forgot about Bill and Ted's message.

IMG

CrackTiger

How about "collectally challenged persons"?

esteban

Quote from: guest on 06/10/2017, 05:06 PMHow about "collectally challenged persons"?
"Collectard" sounds better, though.

Amirite?

Quote from: bartre on 06/10/2017, 05:00 PMI don't have any kind of problem with quote "collecting," the problem lies with "collectarding"
i.e. tying so much of this shit to your identity or something, like it gives you value.
it's not what you have, it's what you do.
Collectards try to screw each other over in the pursuit of material goods.
what the fuck dudes.
someone forgot about Bill and Ted's message.

IMG
Yup. Totally.

Plus, as most of us have acknowledged, many of us *do* have a fetish for jewel cases and HuCARD sleeves and boxes and stuff.

BUT, since that is our "fantasy", in reality, we are still happy if we "do without"/emulate/flashcart/burn CD.

For example, I would love to have boxes for most of my games, but I know that I'll only actually possess a few boxes.

NoSexGex

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 06/09/2017, 03:09 PMI'm probably done at NA.

Message I sent to a mod below:

Re: Collectard... since not a single moderator bothered to PM me and I had to dig through a now closed thread for my "warning:"

If the comical term "collectard" is offensive, it is because the behavior and effects of the modern "collecting mindset" are offensive and comical, and it is better to get a response out of the viewer than some milquetoast, mod-approved term.

If this the stance of NA, go ahead and permaban me because I will not stop criticizing/clowning-on the modern collecting mindset best comically refered to as "collectard" especially to bow to politically correct considerations.

Political correctness is a black hole; every single "non offensive, more compassionate/sensative" euphemism that is used will in turn be banned for being "insensative" in time because there is no satiating the politically correct crowd or their never ending list of emotional and irrational grievances.
That's beautiful, who did you send it to? Some of them have more pull than others I find. It's so funny when something controversial gets brought up, admins/mods just fucking swarm the thread until one of them gets offended enough to lock it.

Quote from: NecroPhile on 06/09/2017, 04:24 PMAs gypsy noted earlier, they're whiny and overmoderated.  That thread is a fine example: people pissing and moaning over the term 'collectard' and fairly civil thread was locked.
Here's my NA magnus opus (so far)

Isn't the point of a forum to discuss things? And exactly, it was 100% civil. Just because there was minor conflict, the whole topic gets locked. It's the year 2017 everyone, the year everyones offended by everything. You can't even bring up something as simple as raffling or else they'll delete the entire thread, guess they're still very butt hurt about that story.

IMG

esteban

^ Hahahahhaha. The irony.

Anyway, a million years ago, I remember I loved a thread at _________ forum that documented all the historical "likenesses" of important leaders/intellectuals/etc. that appeared in video games.

There were so many neat things mentioned in the thread, and some folks even posted screenshots.

This was circa 2000-2002....

But the thread was DELETED without warning because we documented Hitler, Mussolini, Pol Pot, etc. amongst others...

Needless to say, I was pissed off. It made no sense.

The moderator did not even attempt to look at the context (and no, it wasn't a German forum).

Anyway, I wish I had saved that thread and the screenshots...lots of wonderful, obscure games were in the thread.

TheClash603

Quote from: esteban on 06/10/2017, 09:44 PM^ Hahahahhaha. The irony.

Anyway, a million years ago, I remember I loved a thread at _________ forum that documented all the historical "likenesses" of important leaders/intellectuals/etc. that appeared in video games.

There were so many neat things mentioned in the thread, and some folks even posted screenshots.

But the thread was DELETED without warning because we documented Hitler, Mussolini, Pol Pot, etc. amongst others...

The moderator did not even attempt to look at the context (and no, it wasn't a German forum).

Anyway, I wish I had saved that thread and the screenshots...lots of wonderful, obscure games were in the thread.
The real question now...  What's your opinion on taking down confederate statues and monuments?

CrackTiger

Stick them in museums. They're still part of your history which should be remembered. Having them still on display outside of museums gives people the inpression that they glorify past values.

crazydean

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/10/2017, 10:14 PM
Quote from: esteban on 06/10/2017, 09:44 PM^ Hahahahhaha. The irony.

The real question now...  What's your opinion on taking down confederate statues and monuments?
It really depends. If it's inherently offensive, it should be taken down. Most monuments are erected to honor the fallen soldiers. I see no reason to remove those.

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 06/10/2017, 10:57 PMStick them in museums. They're still part of your history which should be remembered. Having them still on display outside of museums gives people the inpression that they glorify past values.
I think this is a great idea, forget the past and you are bound to repeat it.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 06/10/2017, 10:57 PMStick them in museums. They're still part of your history which should be remembered. Having them still on display outside of museums gives people the inpression that they glorify past values.
Absolutely.

In the museum, they must be displayed/discussed as part of the ongoing institutional racism that has been alive and well in the 150 years since the Civil War.

Since we are on the topic of "simple things state/federal government could do to enter the modern era".... I am still surprised we haven't gotten rid of Columbus Day. It's really f*cked up.

Back in topic—

Billy Crystal never looked marvelous.

schnuth

I love the NES, but the NES retro scene is the freaking worst.

NoSexGex

Quote from: schnuth on 06/11/2017, 08:42 PMI love the NES, but the NES retro scene is the freaking worst.
It's all those retro bandwagoners "goin after the set!" that ruin it

NecroPhile

Quote from: NoSexGex on 06/10/2017, 07:36 PMHere's my NA magnus opus (so far)

Isn't the point of a forum to discuss things? And exactly, it was 100% civil. Just because there was minor conflict, the whole topic gets locked. It's the year 2017 everyone, the year everyones offended by everything. You can't even bring up something as simple as raffling or else they'll delete the entire thread, guess they're still very butt hurt about that story.

IMG
Ha! Did the thread devolve into name calling or did they just not want people questioning mods at all?

Either way, the irony is delicious.

mitsuman

So this weekend, I bought my brother's N64 lot (console, two controllers, 42 games). So I'm ditching this place and going to go hang out at Nintendo Age. I'll just trade off my Duo for some N64 rarez.
So long suckers!!!

bartre

Quote from: mitsuman on 06/12/2017, 10:38 AMSo this weekend, I bought my brother's N64 lot (console, two controllers, 42 games). So I'm ditching this place and going to go hang out at Nintendo Age. I'll just trade off my Duo for some N64 rarez.
CYA BUD!!!
ftfy

NoSexGex

Quote from: NecroPhile on 06/12/2017, 09:44 AMHa! Did the thread devolve into name calling or did they just not want people questioning mods at all?

Either way, the irony is delicious.
Nah it was 100% civil from what I read, didn't read it word by word just skimmed it. No name calling from what I saw, when that happens the comments magically get edited, or the thread immediately gets locked. I called something gay once and they edited the word and replaced it with "silly" or something, but the mod was cool about it at least.

It went to kind of a weird place at the end though, but it did start with some challenging statements. Like GentelGamer was saying though, there was lots of offendin happening :/ throwing that bad word around, collectard  :shock:

HuMan

NintendoAge has seriously turned to shit these days. The moderator team has devolved into an old boys club. You can't badmouth or question any of them without stirring up the hornets nest. The whole place has become incredibly fascist and pro-collecting in the worst way.

Over there, graded sealed games are the among the highest of the tippling arts. Full set collecting makes you a cool kid. Finding the best way to display your cardboard boxes to impress your shallow friends is an incredibly important discussion topic. Anyone can be a museum curator now, preserving that history, just like hundreds of other miserable losers who have more money than brains.

These days, you have to be careful about what you say concerning collecting. It's like trying to survive in a concentration camp. If you so much as imply that collecting is stupid, they'll have you eliminated.

ClodBusted

Quote from: NoSexGex on 06/13/2017, 02:23 AMIt went to kind of a weird place at the end though, but it did start with some challenging statements. Like GentelGamer was saying though, there was lots of offendin happening (...)
Am I the only one who read "GenitalGamer"?

NoSexGex

Quote from: HuMan on 06/13/2017, 03:09 AMFinding the best way to display your cardboard boxes to impress your shallow friends is an incredibly important discussion topic. Anyone can be a museum curator now, preserving that history, just like hundreds of other miserable losers who have more money than brains.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I really enjoy how different it is over here, recently got a good score on some TG16 games with a few original boxes. Inside the World Class Baseball box was a scorecard which i've never heard about before. Along with a poster that was included with Forever Boxing.
I really like surprises like that, as weird as that sounds. While on NA, everything is so documented for those super anal completionists. I mean, it's interesting I guess to know what was originally included when you bought a game. But some of those guys just take it to the next level. I'm pretty sure someone recently paid over $1,000 for some obscure SNES games og poster. I'm glad that doesn't happen with TG16 (as much). So at least if someone is paying $200 for something like Soldier Blade, they get something bad ass to (hopefully) play and enjoy.

Or watch me just jinx myself and next week later there's an NA thread about some Hero Tonma posters found that were only sparingly released in Canada.

Quote from: guest on 06/13/2017, 03:21 AM
Quote from: NoSexGex on 06/13/2017, 02:23 AMIt went to kind of a weird place at the end though, but it did start with some challenging statements. Like GentelGamer was saying though, there was lots of offendin happening (...)
Am I the only one who read "GenitalGamer"?
Damn i'm getting tired, i'll take that as my cue to go to bed

Gypsy

Quote from: HuMan on 06/13/2017, 03:09 AMNintendoAge has seriously turned to shit these days. The moderator team has devolved into an old boys club. You can't badmouth or question any of them without stirring up the hornets nest. The whole place has become incredibly fascist and pro-collecting in the worst way.

Over there, graded sealed games are the among the highest of the tippling arts. Full set collecting makes you a cool kid. Finding the best way to display your cardboard boxes to impress your shallow friends is an incredibly important discussion topic. Anyone can be a museum curator now, preserving that history, just like hundreds of other miserable losers who have more money than brains.

These days, you have to be careful about what you say concerning collecting. It's like trying to survive in a concentration camp. If you so much as imply that collecting is stupid, they'll have you eliminated.
L o fuggin l.

People there would probably have a heart attack if they saw that I have pulled most of my PS2/3 Xbox OG/360 games from their original cases and have put them in generic 8 disc holding cases. I mean whatever will I do, I've ruined my shelf appeal!?

glazball

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/13/2017, 08:59 AMPeople there would probably have a heart attack if they saw that I have pulled most of my PS2/3 Xbox OG/360 games from their original cases and have put them in generic 8 disc holding cases. I mean whatever will I do, I've ruined my shelf appeal!?
Please tell me you kept the cases though??  It's nothing to do with collectardism, but I was just thinking yesterday how piss-poor people treated their PS1 games bitd.  Do y'all remember those days when nobody took care of their discs (PS1 games and CDs)?  Just threw them around the floor or maaaybe kept them all in a CD booklet while the cases went Bog-knows-where.  Disc media was so commonplace then that no one gave a shit.  How many PS1 games were lost or damaged that way?
glazball's game collection and wantlist

Gypsy

Oh for sure, the cases w/ artwork and manuals are being stored in case I want to get rid of them some day. It's just convenient for me and saves shelf space.

And yeah lol, I've bought game collections in disc binders on the cheap before. I'm honestly not sure if those things are bad for discs or if it's just that most people that would use a disc binder are also just rough on their stuff.

GohanX

I nintendoaged your mom repeatedly last night. She was insatiable.

Gredler

You put her in a plastic box and put her on your shelf? I don't get it.

SignOfZeta

Quote from: glazball on 06/13/2017, 11:15 AM
Quote from: Gypsy on 06/13/2017, 08:59 AMPeople there would probably have a heart attack if they saw that I have pulled most of my PS2/3 Xbox OG/360 games from their original cases and have put them in generic 8 disc holding cases. I mean whatever will I do, I've ruined my shelf appeal!?
Please tell me you kept the cases though??  It's nothing to do with collectardism, but I was just thinking yesterday how piss-poor people treated their PS1 games bitd.  Do y'all remember those days when nobody took care of their discs (PS1 games and CDs)?  Just threw them around the floor or maaaybe kept them all in a CD booklet while the cases went Bog-knows-where.  Disc media was so commonplace then that no one gave a shit.  How many PS1 games were lost or damaged that way?
You're describing idiots. Only total slobs keep track of CDs that way. Back in "the" day or any other day.  That still means probably half the USPS1 library is fucked, but who cares? That still leaves tens of thousands of every American game and, let's face it, %99 of the JP ones since they don't usually tend to trash shit like Americans do. Even the really sun faded 10 yen stuff is usually VG to mint.
IMG