OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Mysterious Song EX dungeon maps

Started by SuperPlay, 01/02/2013, 12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperPlay

Hi Folks

I have uploaded the EX dungeon maps that I captured with Magic Engine while completing the game.

If the EX maze is driving you mad, I hope that you find these useful!

https://www.tg-16.com/superplay/MISC/mysterious_song_ex1.png

https://www.tg-16.com/superplay/MISC/mysterious_song_ex2.png

https://www.tg-16.com/superplay/MISC/mysterious_song_ex3.png

Ta

NecroPhile

Nice!  The first two aren't really necessary, but the third one will definitely come in handy.  I'm le dumb and stumbled around that fucker for far too long.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DesmondThe3rd

I wish I had these maps a couple of month ago.

bob

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

NecroPhile

Don't go straight to the maps, though.  Y'all gotta at least try to clear it on your own.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/02/2013, 03:18 PMDon't go straight to the maps, though.  Y'all gotta at least try to clear it on your own.
HELL YES!

In fact, y'all need to be a masochist, like me, and spend years floundering in games, trying to figure stuff out.

I'm serious :pcds:.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: esteban on 01/04/2013, 12:40 AMIn fact, y'all need to be a masochist, like me, and spend years floundering in games, trying to figure stuff out.
If you have a PSP, may I suggest Dungeon Explorer?  It's not very Dungeon Explorer-esque, but I'm at 70+ hours and counting!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/04/2013, 10:10 AM
Quote from: esteban on 01/04/2013, 12:40 AMIn fact, y'all need to be a masochist, like me, and spend years floundering in games, trying to figure stuff out.
If you have a PSP, may I suggest Dungeon Explorer?  It's not very Dungeon Explorer-esque, but I'm at 70+ hours and counting!
PSP is one of the things I never got around to.

PCP, on the other hand... IMG

Mishran

I'm just now working my way through the EX maps and none of them looks like the ones SuperPlay posted except for the first section of the second Reality. Seems to me that the layout has some randomness to it. I've clocked 3 hours on the 2nd Reality and still haven't found my way out. A bit frustrating... :(

Guess I'll have to start over and map it out as well.

OldMan

Good luck with that. I remember one of the levels was entirely random, so put aside enough time to make it
all the way through. All your maps will be no good if you die and/or save.

bob

I am terrible at most traditional console RPG's.  And this is just scaring me.

jperryss

Just got this game last week and haven't had the chance to even fire it up yet, but that EX3 map is terrifying.

Joe Redifer

Oh now that's just cruel, especially knowing that there's probably random battles every 2 or 3 steps.

OldMan

I don't think the random battles were that bad. Maybe every 10-15 steps.
It did feel like a grinding level, though. Fight the monsters until near death, exit the level and save/heal, and try again. I remember rushing through it (with lots of heals) and getting my a$$ kicked on the next level.
I actually went back into it until I was much higher in xp, so I could make it through the next part :)

The final level shouldn't scare you too much. There is an easy way through it. But you will want to check it all out
to find things and gain xp.

roflmao

For those on the fence about buying this, the EX dungeons aren't even unlocked until you complete the initial story.  Granted the initial story is VERY short, there's a lot of good gameplay there that imo is enough to purchase the game.  I plan on playing through it again.  The EX dungeons, I think, are supposed to be a hard-as-nails bonus, like a throwback to the games of yesteryear.  So I think it's appropriately devilishly difficult.  Also, from what I've gathered, it's been completely developed in-house, meaning it's the work of our own forum members, which is pretty bad-ass.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 03/13/2013, 11:19 PMFor those on the fence about buying this, the EX dungeons aren't even unlocked until you complete the initial story.  Granted the initial story is VERY short, there's a lot of good gameplay there that imo is enough to purchase the game.  I plan on playing through it again.  The EX dungeons, I think, are supposed to be a hard-as-nails bonus, like a throwback to the games of yesteryear.  So I think it's appropriately devilishly difficult.  Also, from what I've gathered, it's been completely developed in-house, meaning it's the work of our own forum members, which is pretty bad-ass.
Ab. So. Lutely.

I've been loving every bit of the Mysterious Song release, and EX was a necessary (and awesome) addition to maintain my interest. If only commercial games had the foresight to include stuff like this!

ParanoiaDragon

I'll probably never get to play thru the EX dungeons, it's just too difficult for my tastes, I'd probably have to use an emulator & do save states for my weaksauce skills!

Question, has anyone here happened upon any other unlockables besides the EX dungeon & the bestiary/armory/etc.?  If not...well, there just may be some more extra stuff...maybe :) 

Also, speaking of the EX dungeon, has anyone come across any....odd enemies that seem entirely random...& difficult(& I don't mean any dragons, I mean....odd!)?  I dare not say more, for fear of spoiling anyone.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 03/15/2013, 06:21 PMI'll probably never get to play thru the EX dungeons, it's just too difficult for my tastes, I'd probably have to use an emulator & do save states for my weaksauce skills!

Question, has anyone here happened upon any other unlockables besides the EX dungeon & the bestiary/armory/etc.?  If not...well, there just may be some more extra stuff...maybe :) 

Also, speaking of the EX dungeon, has anyone come across any....odd enemies that seem entirely random...& difficult(& I don't mean any dragons, I mean....odd!)?  I dare not say more, for fear of spoiling anyone.
Well, I discovered the hidden 3D mini-game ages ago...

IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: esteban on 03/15/2013, 09:06 PM
Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 03/15/2013, 06:21 PMI'll probably never get to play thru the EX dungeons, it's just too difficult for my tastes, I'd probably have to use an emulator & do save states for my weaksauce skills!

Well, I discovered the hidden 3D mini-game ages ago...

IMG
Well, yeah, there's that....but perhaps there's more you've yet to discover? :)
IMG

Mishran

Well, I've gotten a bit frustrated with the EX map. I've necessarily decided to take some time away from it and popped PP in to play that for a while. Get back to it eventually... just like M&M3. :-"