The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 02/07/2017, 09:17 AMThe mailman brought me copies of Aqua Kitty DX (Vita) and Dragon Slayer (Turbob).
Oh nice, I would have thought you already had Dragon Slayer.

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 02/07/2017, 09:22 AMOh nice, I would have thought you already had Dragon Slayer.
I've had one for better than 20 years, but this one was too cheap to pass up.  Rather than let it go to some fliptard that'd want $250 for it, it'll get sold/traded to someone here for cheap.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ToyMachine78

Quote from: NecroPhile on 02/07/2017, 09:17 AMThe mailman brought me copies of Aqua Kitty DX (Vita) and Dragon Slayer (Turbob).
Pix or it didn't happen

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 02/07/2017, 09:43 AMPix or it didn't happen
I don't bother with pics unless it's something special or something that peeps might not have seen before.

This ain't facebook or an unboxing video.  :P

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 02/07/2017, 09:40 AM
Quote from: guest on 02/07/2017, 09:22 AMOh nice, I would have thought you already had Dragon Slayer.
I've had one for better than 20 years, but this one was too cheap to pass up.  Rather than let it go to some fliptard that'd want $250 for it, it'll get sold/traded to someone here for cheap.
Good shit.

Quote from: guest on 02/07/2017, 09:59 AM
Quote from: guest on 02/07/2017, 09:43 AMPix or it didn't happen
I don't bother with pics unless it's something special or something that peeps might not have seen before.

This ain't facebook or an unboxing video.  :P
This is where I'm at with it as well.

DragonmasterDan

After six months on back-order from Amazon this arrived.
/zpsemwbr4pp.jpg
--DragonmasterDan

esadajr

"Dumpster" dive, an NEC CD drive made in 1999. I have to press the eject button two or three times before it works, but other than that it works reliably.
Gaming since 1985

DQ187

Got this for free on tuesday from my local gamestop! :P Was a pain to move and haul up the stairs into my gameroom but i was pretty excited to get it! The Wii U was my favorite system of this gen and i always liked the look of this kiosk! Got it set up last night and everything works! :) Didnt come with the original demo system so i just put mine in it.

IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: DQ187 on 02/09/2017, 05:38 PMGot this for free on tuesday from my local gamestop! :P Was a pain to move and haul up the stairs into my gameroom but i was pretty excited to get it! The Wii U was my favorite system of this gen and i always liked the look of this kiosk! Got it set up last night and everything works! :) Didnt come with the original demo system so i just put mine in it.

IMG
I'd have to say I am a bit jealous.

bob

Quote from: DQ187 on 02/09/2017, 05:38 PMGot this for free on tuesday from my local gamestop! :P Was a pain to move and haul up the stairs into my gameroom but i was pretty excited to get it! The Wii U was my favorite system of this gen and i always liked the look of this kiosk! Got it set up last night and everything works! :) Didnt come with the original demo system so i just put mine in it.

IMG
WOW!  nintendoage will love it.
did you get the box?

Medic_wheat

DQ187

Quote from: gynt on 02/09/2017, 06:30 PM

IMG
WOW!  nintendoage will love it.
did you get the box?
YEAH!! They actually had a sealed 1 as well as this one so i sent it into to be VGA graded!! Going to just post it in my front yard with giant neon Collectard sign above it!!

DQ187

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/09/2017, 07:23 PMAnd the tv screen?
Yeah, some of them are getting stripped or destroyed but i lucked out and they hadnt removed it yet!

TheClash603

That thing is awesome, I always wanted to get a demo unit for the game room that has a nice bright sign.  Wii U is a great system too, so it's not like you have an OG Xbox kiosk just taking up space.

Bloufo

Coleco w/2600 add-on, and a Supercharger cart.

Had to take the top off that expansion module for the cart to fit.

IMG

French "RGB" 7800,

IMG

Those Euro pads are more than just a little improvement over what you guys Stateside received.  :P

IMG

Light-gun game and an XE light-gun. It's compatible with the 7800.

IMG

xcrement5x

Yeah the screen alone is probably pretty nice I'd think.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Bloufo on 02/10/2017, 11:50 AMThose Euro pads are more than just a little improvement over what you guys Stateside received.  :P

IMG
Just about anything short of the 5200 controller would be. With that said the little disc you plugin doesn't make that pad any less stiff and the two action buttons are small.
--DragonmasterDan

bartre

bought a new hard drive for my PS3 and my original xbox, nothing fancy, but a much needed upgrade.

also, a copy of the Yakuza 2 reprint :)

Gypsy

Got an LCD monitor for free that someone left at the place I recycle at. They don't do electronic recycling so I took it. I figured it probably didn't work and I'd get it properly disposed of. Well surprise surprise it appears to be fully functional but I'd have to give it some extended use to really find out for sure.

Gypsy

Got my ghetto Pseudo Saturn from Hong Kong today. Works great, already played some Garegga.

It was $23 but doesn't have an outer shell. This is the seller: http://www.ebay.com/sch/choijustin/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Doesn't have any up atm but has sold 5 more since I ordered so I imagine he will post more up as he makes them.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Gypsy on 02/11/2017, 04:48 PMGot my ghetto Pseudo Saturn from Hong Kong today. Works great, already played some Garegga.

It was $23 but doesn't have an outer shell. This is the seller: http://www.ebay.com/sch/choijustin/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Doesn't have any up atm but has sold 5 more since I ordered so I imagine he will post more up as he makes them.
The seller is a member here.
--DragonmasterDan

Gypsy

Cool. Looks like they just post in the repair section. Anyway, I highly recommend it. 8-)

EvilEvoIX

IMG
Beyond cool!   How'd you pull this off?
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

DQ187

Had heard they were going to throw them out so i called around to 5 or 6 Gamestops in the area and put my name in. Had a place call me and said it was ready to go if i wanted it. They had also contacted a couple other people who had given em their name and said it was 1st come, 1st serve, they needed it gone by 2pm or it was getting trashed. I was there in about 15 mins and loaded it into back of the car. Was hangin out the back but i strapped it down pretty good! :P

Medic_wheat

Quote from: DQ187 on 02/13/2017, 12:44 AMHad heard they were going to throw them out so i called around to 5 or 6 Gamestops in the area and put my name in. Had a place call me and said it was ready to go if i wanted it. They had also contacted a couple other people who had given em their name and said it was 1st come, 1st serve, they needed it gone by 2pm or it was getting trashed. I was there in about 15 mins and loaded it into back of the car. Was hangin out the back but i strapped it down pretty good! :P
I did the same. Called a few locations. Of all the GS I called a majority of them didn't have the kiosk for some time due to space or the discontinuation of the system. Three places still had it. One took my information and would give me a call. The other two claimed they don't "do that sort of thing" and said they wouldn't be ticking it away or throwing it out.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/13/2017, 08:45 AM
Quote from: DQ187 on 02/13/2017, 12:44 AMHad heard they were going to throw them out so i called around to 5 or 6 Gamestops in the area and put my name in. Had a place call me and said it was ready to go if i wanted it. They had also contacted a couple other people who had given em their name and said it was 1st come, 1st serve, they needed it gone by 2pm or it was getting trashed. I was there in about 15 mins and loaded it into back of the car. Was hangin out the back but i strapped it down pretty good! :P
I did the same. Called a few locations. Of all the GS I called a majority of them didn't have the kiosk for some time due to space or the discontinuation of the system. Three places still had it. One took my information and would give me a call. The other two claimed they don't "do that sort of thing" and said they wouldn't be ticking it away or throwing it out.
Translation: Our manager has already said not to give it away because they want to take it home themselves. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Medic_wheat

Oh I figured an employee already ear marked the kiosk for themselves. Or they feel selling t for a quick buck might also work.

esadajr

Quote from: bartre on 02/10/2017, 03:23 PMbought a new hard drive for my PS3 and my original xbox, nothing fancy, but a much needed upgrade.

For the PS3 a 500+ GB HDD is a must. It's been 10+ years since I last upgraded my og Xbox drive, do I wanna go through that again? maybe if I can use an SSD, or a modern SATA drive (I'm on softmod, will have to do some research) :-k
Gaming since 1985

bartre

Quote from: esadajr on 02/14/2017, 02:05 PM
Quote from: bartre on 02/10/2017, 03:23 PMbought a new hard drive for my PS3 and my original xbox, nothing fancy, but a much needed upgrade.

For the PS3 a 500+ GB HDD is a must. It's been 10+ years since I last upgraded my og Xbox drive, do I wanna go through that again? maybe if I can use an SSD, or a modern SATA drive (I'm on softmod, will have to do some research) :-k
yeah, i went with a 640 on my ps3 cuz i got a deal.
as far as OG xbox, anything above 100 and you're fine unless you want to put tons of retail games on there.
I opted for 500.
*edit* tried to install it - the drive i got is DOA

as far as using a SATA drive, they make adapters, but it's a bit more difficult to get the drive set up right
not eeeeeevery IDE->SATA adapter works.
plus, it may require you to push the extra storage onto one of the cache drives, which CAN (but not always) cause problems if you play a lot of different games.
also, I haven't used one, but I've heard using a SATA adapter can cause the boot process to slow down.

on to my new pick up-
I realized my xbox was v1.6, and therefore no 480p for some games, THIS WILL NOT DO.
so I hopped on letgo, searched "xbox" and got this for $20:
IMG

xcrement5x

letgo has been pretty good to me recently as well.  Sometimes people are crazy, but a lot of times it's just people who want stuff gone and are happy to get a bit of something for it.

johnnykonami

Finally gonna get a TV today (for obeying), if all goes well.  Found someone on craigslist with a JVC 27" with component video and a round screen.  I looked up the model, weighs less than 80 pounds so I should be able to haul it around myself which is kinda what I was looking for since my last SDTV from 5-6 years ago, which was a monster.  I was also holding out for the round screen and the component video, so I imagine I'll be pretty happy so long as the thing works like the guy says.  It also has s-video too, so should be a nice set.  I can finally get to my backlog of Saturn/PCE games again (first ones are the translated Policenauts for SS and Necronomicon Pinball, which I now got like 2 Christmases ago)

Gypsy

Quote from: johnnykonami on 02/16/2017, 09:39 AMFinally gonna get a TV today (for obeying), if all goes well.  Found someone on craigslist with a JVC 27" with component video and a round screen.  I looked up the model, weighs less than 80 pounds so I should be able to haul it around myself which is kinda what I was looking for since my last SDTV from 5-6 years ago, which was a monster.  I was also holding out for the round screen and the component video, so I imagine I'll be pretty happy so long as the thing works like the guy says.  It also has s-video too, so should be a nice set.  I can finally get to my backlog of Saturn/PCE games again (first ones are the translated Policenauts for SS and Necronomicon Pinball, which I now got like 2 Christmases ago)
Looooooove DP Necro. Been playing it a bunch again lately.

Got Fantastic Pinball Kyutenkai coming for when I want to change it up to Crush style. I really love the Kaze style though.

bob

NecroPhile

Gredler

double penetration

deep puncture

dubious pecker

What does the DP stand for thread, INC!

Gypsy

sirhcman

Gredler

NecroPhile

I found copies of Curses 'n Chaos and The Swapper in yesterday's mail.  I probably should've saved my money.

johnnykonami

Warbucks

Quote from: guest on 02/17/2017, 09:20 AMI found copies of Curses 'n Chaos and The Swapper in yesterday's mail.  I probably should've saved my money.
I tired to order them for vita but the checkout was glitched out.. On the site it said available but when checking out it said sold out :(
It was only like a minute in.

Gypsy

Quote from: Warbucks on 02/17/2017, 10:22 AM
Quote from: guest on 02/17/2017, 09:20 AMI found copies of Curses 'n Chaos and The Swapper in yesterday's mail.  I probably should've saved my money.
I tired to order them for vita but the checkout was glitched out.. On the site it said available but when checking out it said sold out :(
It was only like a minute in.
Welcome to the club.

That bad eh? I didn't get Swapper but I did get Curses n Chaos, thought it looked fun.

bartre

courtesy of Gynt-
IMG

courtesy of a local pawn shop-
IMG

courtesy of ebay-
IMG

I also got a copy of wario land shake it shipped to me in a manila envelope with no packing material.
as you may guess, that game got messed up real good.

xcrement5x

How is Primal?  It's one of those games that always looked interesting but I have no idea how the execution is. 

bartre

Quote from: guest on 02/17/2017, 11:03 PMHow is Primal?  It's one of those games that always looked interesting but I have no idea how the execution is. 
i have always really liked it.
The combat isn't 100% perfect, but the feel of the game is pretty damned great.
Plus, you can get the HD version off psn

TheClash603

In a quick scroll I read Rising Zen as Regal Sin and my interest was high.

Gypsy

Today's mail brought me Bullet Soul. Nice entry level 1CC shootun.

bartre

SuperDeadite

15 year old Playstation VR.   :lol:

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Psycho Punch

That's cool, I wish I had an early HMD like that one.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp