@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Retro VGS Game Console

Started by Mathius, 03/28/2015, 10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SignOfZeta

IMG

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Bloufo

xcrement5x

Lol, I have to give you kudos on that one NightWolve, a solid chortle was had by me. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mathius

DeshDildo

Check out this gem directly from the retrovgs website
IMG

So wait... is this FPGA or straight emulation?  Their SOFTWARE was running the games at toyfair?  Is anyone else as excited as a kid on Christmas Eve to find out what new hilarity they will bring with the kickstarter launch tomorrow?
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

SignOfZeta

I am curious, yes. They've spent a year failing to sell this shred of an idea but still haven't addressed any of the problems people were mentioning on the first page of this thread. For example. What CPU does it have, how much RAM? Does it have its own OS or do the cards self execute? If the former, what is it? If the later, who the hell is programming it? You can't make a SNES game with Unity, to my knowledge.

I guess what I want is more lies. They've regretted every technical detail they've ever uttered, but eventually, presumably, if the system is really on its way, they'll have to commit to something. And when that something turns out to be either unmarketable or impossible or both, this thing will finally fucking die.
IMG

Mathius

If they had real custom guts inside the Jag shell all they had to do was pop the top off. They seem to be more interested in showing off the shell designs than actual tech development.

DeshDildo

My honest thoughts are that if they actually do ever produce anything it will be a harder to use and less reliable Retron 3 clone.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

Gredler

Quote from: Mathius on 02/25/2016, 09:19 PMIf they had real custom guts inside the Jag shell all they had to do was pop the top off. They seem to be more interested in showing off the shell designs than actual tech development.
"software" was the key word, they think since they will have jim power as an official port, that showing the snes version is the same thing. The are now saying they were showing software, not hardware...? I am getting so confused, although that is not difficult to do.

SignOfZeta

The only software in that thing was in whatever SNES cart they were running.
IMG

Gredler

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/25/2016, 10:39 PMThe only software in that thing was in whatever SNES cart they were running.
Those clever bastards.

DeshDildo

Starting to believe there will be an 11th hour excuse train for why their Kickstarter won't go live today.

elmer

Let's just wait a bit for Mike Kennedy to have his morning Wheaties 'n' Beer before we count the thing "dead".

They've only-recently started deleting some of this morning's negative posts off FaceBook, so perhaps the "team" just slept in late today.

NecroPhile

It's already a few hours late, so yeah.  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

elmer

The antici...p...p...p...p...p...p...pation is killing me!  :wink:

ginoscope

Love reading this thread you guys are killing me.

I'm just not sure why the rush after the retro vgs failed.  Take some time to work on the product and come back in say a year not in mere months.  If they need the cash they can sell jaguar shell flower pots.

They just keep making themselves look bad by trying to pull one over on the audience they should be catering to initially.

elmer

Quote from: ginoscope on 02/26/2016, 01:09 PMI'm just not sure why the rush after the retro vgs failed.  Take some time to work on the product and come back in say a year not in mere months.
I suspect that it's because Mike Kennedy is so sure that this is a brilliant idea, that he's deathly-afraid that someone else will see the true genius of it and get a competing system out in the marketplace first if he doesn't keep on pushing forwards at break-neck speed.

Even if we choose to totally ignore everyone else's opinions (including mine) on the basic stupidity of the idea, then we're still left with the massive incompetence of how Mike & Co have actually executed on it.

This morning's total silence should be yet-another indicator to the FaceBook fans that "these aren't the droids that you're looking for".

CrackTiger

Quote from: elmer on 02/26/2016, 01:39 PM
Quote from: ginoscope on 02/26/2016, 01:09 PMI'm just not sure why the rush after the retro vgs failed.  Take some time to work on the product and come back in say a year not in mere months.
I suspect that it's because Mike Kennedy is so sure that this is a brilliant idea, that he's deathly-afraid that someone else will see the true genius of it and get a competing system out in the marketplace first if he doesn't keep on pushing forwards at break-neck speed.

Even if we choose to totally ignore everyone else's opinions (including mine) on the basic stupidity of the idea, then we're still left with the massive incompetence of how Mike & Co have actually executed on it.

This morning's total silence should be yet-another indicator to the FaceBook fans that "these aren't the droids that you're looking for".
He knows that kvetris is an expert on this kind of stuff and already has well functioning alternative that is cheap to manufacture. He's likely afraid someone with his level of genius creativity and marketing skills will back a mass market version of it. Plus there's lots of other old console brand which are cheap to license.

What if a backer puts kvetris' hardware inside of NES look alike (like that Generation NEX) and licenses the Atari name for it? Who would want to buy a "Coleco Chameleon" for $600 5 years from now when they can buy an "Atari Alligator" for $150 in a year from now and it'll not only play roms from any console, but also new exclusive stable software, all while reminding retro enthusiasts of the golden years of Nintendo, instead of the Jaguar (for those who even know what one is).

Is there really a kickstarter planned for today or just a fundraiser? Last time they couldn't do a kickstarter because they didn't actually have a prototype.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

jlued686

mickcris

they said their kickstarter was going to go live this morning but there has been nothing but crickets from them since Feb 22nd.  They probably could not come up a believable prototype in the couple of weeks since the toy fair because what they showed at the toy fair was a joke.

esteban

780racer

Still no kickstarter on the FB page... I am impressed at the level of Fuuuuuuu they are reaching.

Gredler

Danm, crash and burn? They really didn't have a prototype, and thought they could fool everyone including kickstarter into allowing them to kickstart a snes mini inside of a jaguar shell?

Nice, that is a thug life move.

780racer

Qoute from FB Post for those who are not checking.

"
We're delaying the Kickstarter for the Coleco Chameleon to make it even better!
Last week during Toy Fair in New York, we had the opportunity to demonstrate the Coleco Chameleon to the industry, gamers and retailers for the first time. Their response was beyond anything we'd imagined. Major retailers provided feedback on the product and expressed real interest in carrying the product for the 2016 holiday season. And, very importantly, major game companies expressed interest in providing games for our system, which meant we'd need more time to solidify those partnerships and maximize the content.
Our team's overriding goal has always been to deliver the best possible system and experience for gamers. If there's ever anything we can do to enhance the product, we believe the extra time is worth it. Therefore, we have decided to delay the pre-sell, i.e. Kickstarter, campaign in order to finalize our prototype and work with developers on having the best possible content. This delay will not affect our overall launch date for the Coleco Chameleon.
There has also been a whirlwind of interest, speculation and curiosity regarding the insides of the Chameleon. We are delighted by this and happy to confirm that we will be releasing photographs of the system now on our Facebook page, and we'll focus on turning our prototype into a production-ready product.
We'll keep you posted on any major news on our Facebook page and will let you know when we launch a pre-sell program leading up to the Christmas season. Stay tuned, and thanks for your continued support.

"

What? Why the fuck can't they get their shit together before talking about a kick starter? Jesus.

_Paul

They were so busted with the Toy Fair sham that they're crapping themselves now they actually have to come up with something real.

CrackTiger

That facebook post literally sounds delusional.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

mickcris

yeah, they threw that new "prototype" together in the past 2 weeks and decided to delay the kickstarter to buy time.  if we wouldn't have noticed the fake prototype at the toy fair, they would have went to kickstarter today.

crazydean

Looking at the pictures on FB, it looks like the real deal. It's certainly not a SNES mini inside the shell. However, it's obviously completely different than the "prototype" they had a few days ago at the toy show. Does anyone recognize the PCB inside the new shell?

o.pwuaioc

So, how big of a hole are they going to dig? By now haven't we reached a "beyond this line there is no hope for redemption" yet?

mickcris

Quote from: crazydean on 02/26/2016, 08:17 PMLooking at the pictures on FB, it looks like the real deal. It's certainly not a SNES mini inside the shell. However, it's obviously completely different than the "prototype" they had a few days ago at the toy show. Does anyone recognize the PCB inside the new shell?
I think they just threw some board in there.  Its going to be hard to figure out what it really is though.  They had 2 weeks to throw something together that was going to be harder to identify as a fake.  They also have not shown it running.  Just some pics with a TV next to it which is probably some picture they mocked up showing from a PC.

DeshDildo

QuoteAnd, very importantly, major game companies expressed interest in providing games for our system, which meant we'd need more time to solidify those partnerships and maximize the content. - Mike Kennedy CEO Retro Lulz Systems

You have got to be shitting me.  If they have legit working hardware what does this have to do with delaying a kickstarter at all.  If I ever met this guy in person I would have to ask him how in the hell he fit all the shit in that he is full of.

780racer

Quote from: mickcris on 02/26/2016, 09:22 PMJust some pics with a TV next to it which is probably some picture they mocked up showing from a PC.
Looks like a shitty MAME front end if ya ask me. and I would know. I have seen some shit in my days... haha

esteban

Quote from: Desh on 02/26/2016, 09:55 PM
QuoteAnd, very importantly, major game companies expressed interest in providing games for our system, which meant we'd need more time to solidify those partnerships and maximize the content. - Mike Kennedy CEO Retro Lulz Systems

You have got to be shitting me.  If they have legit working hardware what does this have to do with delaying a kickstarter at all.  If I ever met this guy in person I would have to ask him how in the hell he fit all the shit in that he is full of.
Well, to be fair, I understand why any project like this would want to have publisher/developer support (contractual commitments!) as early as possible.

Again, not *promises* of support, but actual games available to play ASAP.

:)

That said, I don't believe RETRO CHAMELEON is getting the level of interest/support that Mike claims.

CrackTiger

Quote from: esteban on 02/27/2016, 08:13 AM
Quote from: Desh on 02/26/2016, 09:55 PM

Well, to be fair, I understand why any project like this would want to have publisher/developer support (contractual commitments!) as early as possible.

Again, not *promises* of support, but actual games available to play ASAP.

That said, I don't believe RETRO CHAMELEON is getting the level of interest/support that Mike claims.
That's why any project like this would be years in the making and would secure enough software before being revealed to the public and not even mention a kickstarter until they had enough software secured to justify one. Instead they started talking about about it and asking for mobey as soon as they had a colored variant of an existing console shell and nothing else. Now, so soon after starting over, they are already asking for money when all that they have is a consoke shell, WiiU pad and Coleco name.

They never planned to do an actual kickstarter this time. They're just waving this thing around hoping for the right people to back it like a real console, only then will they try to buy the hardware to stick in it. They will continue to lie about secret deals with major software publishers, still hoping that rich people will hand over money without seeing a business plan, software contracts or a working prototype.

Bloufo

NightWolve

Hah, it's that SH-IT guy again, thought he might've gotten tired of this!

Psycho Punch

Quote from: NightWolve on 02/27/2016, 11:28 PMHah, it's that SH-IT guy again, thought he might've gotten tired of this!
comedy gold never loses its shine
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

SephirothTNH

I was hoping to see more SH-IT videos.

NightWolve

Yeah, certainly the "winning team" was able to provide more good source material to keep this going for those with the energy to derive every last bit of lulz, no doubt about that!

Quote from: esteban on 02/25/2016, 04:35 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 02/25/2016, 02:40 AM
Quote from: NightWolve on 02/24/2016, 11:24 PMIMG
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That was priceless.
Agreed.
Quote from: guest on 02/25/2016, 04:03 PMLol, I have to give you kudos on that one NightWolve, a solid chortle was had by me.
Dunno who made it (tried to find out), it was passed around on Facebook groups where I got it. Of course it had to be immortalized in this thread!

But hey, I just thought of something, by calling this thing a "chameleon" weren't they technically being honest ? Don't they deserve credit for the unintentional honesty in a naming decision ?? ;) A chameleon camouflages, deceives, blends-in in its natural environment to protect itself from its enemies, and so, they kinda did that here, they didn't have a real prototype to demo, so they tried to pull another con job just to get by while they still work on it... :P

An Atari Jaguar shell camouflaging the guts of a SNES motherboard... You can't write this stuff, and yet it's reality right before our very eyes!!! Simply amazing! They sure are out-of-the-box thinkers in a way, I'll give them that! Well no, that's not really how I should compliment them, I can't think of how to express it. They certainly have guts to have come this far in the face of so much ridicule and I still wonder, how ever so slightly, if this isn't all a great troll job on their parts!

TurboDuo

I like how they have all the comments hidden on facebook about their post saying they kickstarter is delayed.

Koop

Quote from: TurboDuo on 02/28/2016, 02:08 PMI like how they have all the comments hidden on facebook about their post saying they kickstarter is delayed.
Yeah to me this is the biggest red flag. Who the hell would trust these clowns?

Mathius

I can't wait for the Movie to come out. Kevin Spacey should portray every character.

...did we do this joke already?  :|

SignOfZeta

Someone told me that it's been IDed as some sort of video capture card. I have no confirmation of this but it's a pretty believable idea, based on what we've seen.

EDIT:

Oh, here it is:

IMG

Mike must be fuming with hatred for the nerds he's trying to sell this shit to...
IMG

CrackTiger

They just can't stop lying.

The only photos of the clear shell "prototype" left on their facebook are ones that don't give you a decent look inside. But they still have a photo of that clear shell with a video capture card floating inside, next to a TV playing one of the SNES games. Even though they're so dumb that they believe this will fool anyone, they still are purposely moving forward with absolutely nothing and just making it up as they go along. Makes that fake RVGS workbench seem legit by comparison.

Bloufo

I just now read about this latest shenanigan with that capture card.

Wow! These guys just don't know when to quit. How deep do they want to dig that hole?

I sure hope there are some legal ramifications for their actions.

DeshDildo

Hahahahahaha..... my gosh!  Mike Kennedy is a moron.  I think we should start a Kickstarter to collect a bit of cash and pay Mike Kennedy to just give this up and also deliver what was promised on his failed magazine.

esteban

I said it before and I will say it again: Retro VGS (and now, the Coleco Chameleon), have been elaborate examples of

PERFORMANCE ART

at a level of absurdity not seen since the Dadaists.

There is no other way I can interpret all of these shenanigans.

Personally, I know that this thread will NEVER END.

Mike & Co. have been dropping clues that this is performance art the entire timeā€”have you picked up on any of them yet?

Quote from: guest on 02/29/2016, 11:49 PMMakes that fake RVGS workbench seem legit by comparison.
I was thinking the same thing!

Past transgressions are minor compared to the current art/deceit.