Turbob Xpress: Bringing affordable "gamer's" games to the community! Nearly Gone

Started by BlueBMW, 10/29/2015, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stingray

I got my 2 PCE Works discs yesterday.  Thank you very much to all of those involved and especially for taking the chance on letting us noobs in on the fun!  :mrgreen:

Bernie

For those that have sent payment within the last couple days, I will start processing those orders Monday afternoon.  :)

CatPix

Dunno what's going on, my discs seems stuck in Jamaica  :-s

- December 3, 2015 , 8:33 am - Arrived at USPS Facility - JAMAICA, NY 11430

Bernie

Strange, I had one guys that got hung up in Australia for a while, but he finally got em.  The tracking just stalled and stopped updating.

Sent from my iPhone using your mama

CatPix

Or, I'm used to international shipping being delayed. But the location name amused me :D

NightWolve

Quote from: NightWolve on 12/10/2015, 11:56 PMAnyway, I would thank Bonknuts for the Dracula X translation project (he has a Paypal donate BTW, so feel free to help him out! He donated $50 to me BITD, so stand up guy!) but it appears I got a regular unpatched Japanese one... That's no fun... I want the one that makes BurntLasagna angry. :)
Thanks to those that offered me one, but looks like I just got fooled by the CD label... Tobias didn't bother to change much between the Japanese and English patched versions... The English patched version still keeps the 'X' on the CD label and all he added is "PCE Works" to it as well as Bernie just pointed out to me... Pffffft. So yeah, Bernie hooked me up after all!

So anyway, yes, thanks be to Bonknuts for his hacking prowess/work on this, even though Tobias pressed it onto a nice CD-ROM without permission/support. ;)

Since the man is too humble, I will do it for him here. This is his Donation Page, so if you wanna buy him a beer, here ya go:

https://pcedev.wordpress.com/donation-page/

Quote from: BonknutsYou can donate to my site/projects/whatever via paypal. Just use the email address tomaitheous_@_pcedev.net. Of course, remove the underscores (as in "ous@pcedev.net"). Set the type of 'payment' as 'gift'.
So his same email address is tied to his Paypal account.

VicViper83

Got my games today. Just beautiful. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. :-({|=

LostFlunky

Quote from: CatPix on 12/11/2015, 06:50 PMDunno what's going on, my discs seems stuck in Jamaica  :-s

- December 3, 2015 , 8:33 am - Arrived at USPS Facility - JAMAICA, NY 11430 
Try putting your tracking number on the French postal service site and see if they have started tracking it yet.

shawnji

Got my batch of Dynastic Hero, Dungeon Explorer, and Bonk yesterday.  Thanks again Bernie!  I'll be getting with braap to get some cases too, but I gotta' get some spare cash before that.

wilykat

tracking say it's arrived in Michigan so it'll probably arrive in my mailbox tomorrow morning or if the postal workers fouls up, Monday

That makes a total of 5 rare games that I don't have to pay an arm and a leg.

ifkz

Another happy PCEfx gamer post:  Thanks to all involved that made this happen.  With everything else in my life blowing up and/or needing attention lately, I almost missed these but Bernie came through.  I have never added this many CD games to my collection at once.  These games are easily some of the top X-mas presents I will get this year.  They are all in individual hard CD cases now.

My mind is still blown, hard to believe they are here in my hands on my community resurrected US TurboDuo!  Wow!

Looking forward to the next rounds like everyone else.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
THANKS TO ALL PCEFX members who have helped fix my hardware and add to my games library!  What a thrill!

poponon

grolt

Got my discs late last week and they look great. Jazzed to finally be able to play Dungeon Explorer II! Thanks so much guys. U da bomb.

Might (and magic?) anyone have an extra copy of Beyond Shadowgate? I was a little late to the party and have always wanted to play that game (but haven't had a lot of luck with CD-Rs)
I'm a notorious strange man.

Platinumfungi

Quote from: Bernie on 12/11/2015, 06:55 PMStrange, I had one guys that got hung up in Australia for a while, but he finally got em.  The tracking just stalled and stopped updating.

I've been talking with USPS post office employees lately as I've had a lot of packages coming and going using their services. When I asked them about many of my packages being rather delayed, and several of them having issues with the tracking (no updates, never scanned in, etc), they said it's unfortunately just the holiday rush. They said that they are at 5x usual volume due to the Christmas holiday. Apparently, some employees aren't routinely scanning packages, as this saves them a lot of time and allows them to help partially offset the overload. 

So, although I don't recall having issues like this in previous years with USPS, apparently it's the norm this year? All my packages eventually did arrive, even though some of them never had a single tracking update.

Just some food for thought.
IMG

ginoscope

Quote from: NightWolve on 12/11/2015, 08:22 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 12/10/2015, 11:56 PMAnyway, I would thank Bonknuts for the Dracula X translation project (he has a Paypal donate BTW, so feel free to help him out! He donated $50 to me BITD, so stand up guy!) but it appears I got a regular unpatched Japanese one... That's no fun... I want the one that makes BurntLasagna angry. :)
Thanks to those that offered me one, but looks like I just got fooled by the CD label... Tobias didn't bother to change much between the Japanese and English patched versions... The English patched version still keeps the 'X' on the CD label and all he added is "PCE Works" to it as well as Bernie just pointed out to me... Pffffft. So yeah, Bernie hooked me up after all!

So anyway, yes, thanks be to Bonknuts for his hacking prowess/work on this, even though Tobias pressed it onto a nice CD-ROM without permission/support. ;)

Since the man is too humble, I will do it for him here. This is his Donation Page, so if you wanna buy him a beer, here ya go:

https://pcedev.wordpress.com/donation-page/

Quote from: BonknutsYou can donate to my site/projects/whatever via paypal. Just use the email address tomaitheous_@_pcedev.net. Of course, remove the underscores (as in "ous@pcedev.net"). Set the type of 'payment' as 'gift'.
So his same email address is tied to his Paypal account.
Thanks for posting this NightWolve  I just sent Bonknuts a donation.  Pretty awesome job he did on that translation.

CatPix

Received!
IMG

With the previous batch, just in case :p

Well now on getting case covers and manuals  :D

Thanks you all for this epic and awesome gifting!

cr8zykuban0

wyndcrosser

Waiting for a Xak3 one, but I know that's still just as sketchy as Dracula X

Bernie

Xak iii and SO ii are possible again in the future.

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: Bernie on 12/15/2015, 08:44 PMXak iii and SO ii are possible again in the future.

any possibility of re releasing any of the games from the pce memories best of japan set?

EmperorIng

Renny Blaster should be excluded because labeling it as a "best of Japan" is an insult to Japan.

blueraven

I have received batch 2!  :twisted: Thank You Bernie (Jash/BMW) for all of your help on this!
... 8-[
But the USPS package is still sitting on my desk. STILL SEALED.
I guess that makes me a collectard.

T

I just discovered this forum on a post on digitalpress forums. 
The post had nothing to do with these reproductions though.
anyway....
Thank you to everyone who is helping with this project.
I have sent my PM and am excited about getting a response.

T

Thanks for the quick response Bernie.

Money sent for 3 plus a little extra.

excited...

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: EmperorIng on 12/16/2015, 12:30 AMRenny Blaster should be excluded because labeling it as a "best of Japan" is an insult to Japan.
Is it really that bad of a game???

wyndcrosser

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 12/16/2015, 02:41 PM
Quote from: EmperorIng on 12/16/2015, 12:30 AMRenny Blaster should be excluded because labeling it as a "best of Japan" is an insult to Japan.
Is it really that bad of a game???
I like that game, but I will be honest MANY Pc Engine brawlers do not have very tight controls. Even Bonk I don't feel is very tight for such a regarded game. To me soldier blade has the best controls of any pc engine/tg-16 game.

Samuray

"Dungeon Explorer II" and "Beyond Shadowgate" have turbobbed all the way (back?) to Germany and arrived today -- thank you so much, this is very very awesome!

roflmao

Mine arrived on Saturday and I've been enjoying them. Thanks again!

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

GoldenWheels

Quote from: guest on 12/17/2015, 01:10 AMGojira ate my Might and Magic 3 Save... :(
I actually just got my first duo....how do the saves work? Seems mine is keeping saves for Dracula and Dynastic Hero without overwriting each other. How can I even manage the memory?

NecroPhile

Quote from: GoldenWheels on 12/17/2015, 08:16 AMI actually just got my first duo....how do the saves work? Seems mine is keeping saves for Dracula and Dynastic Hero without overwriting each other. How can I even manage the memory?
Press Select on the BIOS boot screen to see and delete individual files (first option), to format the entire memory (second option), or exit (third option).  It unfortunately doesn't show you how much space each file is using, though; for that you need a game with a built in memory manager or Covell's bram utility.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

GoldenWheels

Thanks NecroPhile!

I guess I have to be careful huh? If I start playing multiple games which use saves and run out of room, will it just overwrite an existing save with no warning/choice?

Off the top off your head, do you know which games have a built in memory manager? Unless it's one of these new repros (or Human Sports Festival, I couldn't resist it for 5 bucks) I'll have to seek it out. Would help if it was a GOOD game!  [-o<

ginoscope

Quote from: GoldenWheels on 12/17/2015, 11:14 AMThanks NecroPhile!

I guess I have to be careful huh? If I start playing multiple games which use saves and run out of room, will it just overwrite an existing save with no warning/choice?

Off the top off your head, do you know which games have a built in memory manager? Unless it's one of these new repros (or Human Sports Festival, I couldn't resist it for 5 bucks) I'll have to seek it out. Would help if it was a GOOD game!  [-o<
I use Valis IV to get an idea how much space I have left on the duo.  On the title screen you hit select and it shows you what you have saved.  Not sure if it does more than that but that is all I ever used it for.

NecroPhile

Quote from: GoldenWheels on 12/17/2015, 11:14 AMI guess I have to be careful huh? If I start playing multiple games which use saves and run out of room, will it just overwrite an existing save with no warning/choice?
Nah, it'll toss a warning screen saying there's not enough room to save.  It's often at boot too, so you don't play an hour into a rpg and then find out you've wasted your time.

Quote from: GoldenWheels on 12/17/2015, 11:14 AMOff the top off your head, do you know which games have a built in memory manager?
Valis IV like gino mentioned, as well as Order of the Griffon and Cosmic Fantasy 4.2.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

GoldenWheels

Thanks very much guys, it's nice to know I likely won't lose a valued save just because I'm not actively tracking my storage space.

I'll have to look into Valis IV, the series always seemed interesting on Turbo Views and it looks like it should be reasonably priced--especially compared to Order of the Griffin, which I have no real interest in anyway.

CatPix

I'd say, acquire a Ten No Koe ROMRAM card to manage your saves. They are like memory cards, but more crude. They don't tell you what space you have left, and can't even manage individual files, but you can save the whole Duo Memory in one bank out of 4 and so, free space on your Duo for more games. Just be careful and remember in which Tennokoe bank you saved what.

GoldenWheels

Quote from: CatPix on 12/17/2015, 01:45 PMI'd say, acquire a Ten No Koe ROMRAM card to manage your saves. They are like memory cards, but more crude. They don't tell you what space you have left, and can't even manage individual files, but you can save the whole Duo Memory in one bank out of 4 and so, free space on your Duo for more games. Just be careful and remember in which Tennokoe bank you saved what.
This thing Pix?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Engine-TEN-NO-KOE-DATA-BACK-UP-CARD-Bank-TenNoKoe-Grafx-Import-JAPAN-Game-pe-/301802219263?hash=item4644d066ff:g:s6UAAOSwstxVNcBX

Would I have to write the entire individual "bank" back to the turbo duo to get any individual save in that bank?

I appreciate the hell out of the help fellas, if you don't mind all Qs I'll keep asking but feel free to point me to a Turbo Duo noob faq if one exists!

CatPix

Yes, this thing, and you are correct, the Tennokoe card doesn't work like a memory card, you can only save and copy memory banks from the Duo and to the Duo to it.
It's then preferable to fill your memory banks as much as possible, as you won't be able to transfert individual saves files between memory banks.
If you fear save erasing, you'll have backups at least.

Also keep in mind that this thing is for Japanese consoles, so if you have a US Duo, you'll need the card adapter.

GoldenWheels

Quote from: CatPix on 12/17/2015, 02:38 PMAlso keep in mind that this thing is for Japanese consoles, so if you have a US Duo, you'll need the card adapter.
Good point, and I should be more accurate about what I have! It is a PC Engine Duo.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: NecroPhile on 12/17/2015, 12:53 PM
Quote from: GoldenWheels on 12/17/2015, 11:14 AMI guess I have to be careful huh? If I start playing multiple games which use saves and run out of room, will it just overwrite an existing save with no warning/choice?
Nah, it'll toss a warning screen saying there's not enough room to save.  It's often at boot too, so you don't play an hour into a rpg and then find out you've wasted your time.

Quote from: GoldenWheels on 12/17/2015, 11:14 AMOff the top off your head, do you know which games have a built in memory manager?
Valis IV like gino mentioned, as well as Order of the Griffon and Cosmic Fantasy 4.2.
Necro Godzilla overwrote my MM3 save without warning...
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 12/17/2015, 08:45 PMNecro Godzilla overwrote my MM3 save without warning...
IMG

Seriously though, that blows man.  Hope you weren't too far long...

Psycho Punch

I was very far... Tried to start another campaign but my entusiasm didnt last past the character creation screen...

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 12/17/2015, 09:17 PMI was very far... Tried to start another campaign but my entusiasm didnt last past the character creation screen...
:(  I can't believe it just clobbered your file without asking!

IvanBeavkov

Hey everyone, thanks to Nulltard for having some high res scans of the Godzilla manual I was able to create the following.

One PDF Godzilla manual:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzfHjbqYPxpeWjRza1NIbktERkU/view?usp=sharing

And a printable manual insert for Godzilla. I made it to be printed on both sides of the paper to make a nice little pamphlet. Just like the 3 in 1 Disc insert I made.

It took a bit of effort to squeeze everything on the inside but I think I got all of the important game information from the manual except the special moves lists for the monsters.

Go here for the high quality versions of the inserts.
https://goo.gl/photos/Mc69TSw2EJpXvBq58

Here is the outside:
Godzilla - Front Outside.webp

Here is the inside:
Godzilla - Front Inside.webp

tbone3969

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Corredor X

Just got my second batch, thanks to everyone involved for such great work  =D>

esteban

What??!!

It never fails: every time I go AWOL from pcefx, crazy-interesting things happen!

I read the first page of this thread, noticed that there were 16 pages with an additional 703 posts...

How am I going to catch up?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Bernie

Ok peeps, sorry for the delay in shipping. Been super busy.  Everyone has had their stuffs packaged and printed.  Dropping off tomorrow morning. 

We are almost out of Dynastic Hero, and Bonk III.

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 12/18/2015, 06:03 PMWhat??!!

It never fails: every time I go AWOL from pcefx, crazy-interesting things happen!

I read the first page of this thread, noticed that there were 16 pages with an additional 703 posts...

Esty you want in on some of this?

blueraven

Quote from: esteban on 12/18/2015, 06:03 PMWhat??!!
Send me the recipe for the candied yams with jalapenos and peanuts.

I WILL TELL ALL.

...but seriously, just check out the first 5 pages, and then do a search for round 2 and read those five as well.

To paraphrase: BMW and Bernie got the tobias dupes.

Round 1 was Beyond Shadowgate, M&M3, and JP Drac X. - $10

Round 2 is Dynastic, Bonk 3, US Drac X, Godzilla, DE2 - $25

Round 2 is still available. Get on it!

1 guy got caught reselling them, was found out, and has been chastised. He's a dick. We all know.

oBey. All Day. u decise.

caw