@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Turbob Xpress: Bringing affordable "gamer's" games to the community! Nearly Gone

Started by BlueBMW, 10/29/2015, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbone3969

I can only imagine what they can be.  I want that cool Ninja game.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

wilykat

Batch 3: hmmmm...  Exile 2 USA version maybe? Space Fantasy Zone would be nice.

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: wilykat on 01/08/2016, 07:31 PMBatch 3: hmmmm...  Exile 2 USA version maybe? Space Fantasy Zone would be nice.
TBH, Space Fantasy Zone is a game that needs to be fixed, or more precisely, the music problems(a few tunes cutting off in the middle, & only 1 level tune).  It's something I've thought about trying to remedy, though, I've never felt 100% confident that I could get the sounds just right for recomposing the ones that cut off.  And I had ideas to some degree of how to have proper songs for each level, but nothing truly panned out on that.  I hope someday I, or someone, can come up with a good solution.  If I had way more time, I'd spend time on composing new tunes for all the levels.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: wilykat on 01/08/2016, 07:31 PMBatch 3: hmmmm...  Exile 2 USA version maybe? would be nice.
U.S version of Exile WP would need a hack first the game is so unbalance......
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

schweaty

ginoscope

Quote from: TR0N on 01/09/2016, 03:31 AM
Quote from: wilykat on 01/08/2016, 07:31 PMBatch 3: hmmmm...  Exile 2 USA version maybe? would be nice.
For real I just finished exile 2 recently and its so unfair.  Pure memorization and perseverance.

EmperorIng

An acceptable hack of Exile 2 would involve the disc immediately booting and loading a better game in its stead.

MNKyDeth

Aww, I didn't think Exile 2: WP was that bad. I remember beating it several times when I was around 14-17yrs old.

Honestly, I don't care what games come out as long as it's some of the ones that I can't get unless I spend $200 or more. As I love spending $5 :D

CrackTiger

Quote from: MNKyDeth on 01/11/2016, 09:46 AMAww, I didn't think Exile 2: WP was that bad. I remember beating it several times when I was around 14-17yrs old.

Honestly, I don't care what games come out as long as it's some of the ones that I can't get unless I spend $200 or more. As I love spending $5 :D
Exile WP for Turbo goes for $80 - $100 on eBay and the PCE version with superior gameplay goes for $10 - $15.

This is why PCEWorks/misc hasn't bootlegged it.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

ginoscope

Quote from: MNKyDeth on 01/11/2016, 09:46 AMAww, I didn't think Exile 2: WP was that bad. I remember beating it several times when I was around 14-17yrs old.

It's not a bad game it is just very unbalanced.  First enemy in the game can kill you in a couple of hits.  Once you memorize the stages it is not that bad.  I do prefer the first Exile to this one.  I am with you I am open to anything that we can get.

Scillianaire

Usa exile 2 with Japan ver gameplay would be amazing I can't believe someone hasn't patched that together yet.

EmperorIng

NightWolve

Yeah, I agree. I never came away with that feeling. I let my character level up more if I had trouble then pressed on. I bought 'em and beat 'em as soon as they arrived as I recall. It happened too quickly in my mind. We now know of course Victor Ireland didn't want you to be able to beat their games within a 3 day rental period, so it wasn't so much love of challenging games on his part. ;)

kosko99

After few days playing all those games:

I am a noob, a total noob :(

MNKyDeth

I still have games I never beat bit still love to play.

Usually the RPG's though I sat and played them until I saw the ending. Unless my parents made me go to school or go to bed or eat.....

Marto_Jo-ing

TR0N

Quote from: ginoscope on 01/10/2016, 08:22 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 01/09/2016, 03:31 AM
For real I just finished exile 2 recently and its so unfair.  Pure memorization and perseverance.
Yeah not impossible but so broken if only wd didn't have telenet change one line of code  :P
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

greedostick

I beat Exile 2 back in the day. It just feels like an unfinished game. Or rushed. Even broken in many ways. It's a turd in my opinion, and much better can be reproduced.

I'm not entirely sure what has been done yet, or even what is possible. But I agree with the sylphia comment. It's a good game, that sells fro way more that what it's really worth. I would also love an Ys IV translation if it has not been done.

Also...

Faussete Amour
Nexzr (not that summer carnival crap)
Spriggan
Cotton
Rainbow Islands
Chiki Chiki Boys
Renny Blaster (a last pic cause it sucks.)
IMG

kosko99

Quote from: greedostick on 01/18/2016, 01:33 AMFaussete Amour
Nexzr (not that summer carnival crap)
Spriggan
Cotton
Rainbow Islands
Chiki Chiki Boys
Renny Blaster (a last pic cause it sucks.)
That list is friggin awesome.
I used to play Chiki Chiki Boys a lot on my mega drive back in the days. One of my favourites.

schweaty

tbone3969

Quote from: schweaty on 01/18/2016, 09:45 PMA Ys iv translation has been done and is available.
Yes but I think he means a pressed disc of it.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

incrediblehark

Just wanted to give my thanks to BlueBMW and Bernie for putting this together!

ActionJackson

I'm brand new to this forum but want to say that this is a great idea and speaks volumes about the community here.  This is definitely a labor of love.

NightWolve

Warranty void if removed sticker ??  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I can now safely say that I've seen it all!!!

synbiosfan

Quote from: Wiggy1182 on 01/19/2016, 06:28 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Castlevania-Dracula-X-Turbografx-Disc-Only-PCE-Works-Version-US-Seller-/321981729765?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

Everyone please report this person
idiot, most realized it was bound to happen.  It's sad, I'm new to the community and felt lucky to be included. B.S. like this makes it harder for everyone. Trust issues and why even bother feelings.

geise

Quote from: synbiosfan on 01/19/2016, 06:50 PM
Quote from: Wiggy1182 on 01/19/2016, 06:28 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Castlevania-Dracula-X-Turbografx-Disc-Only-PCE-Works-Version-US-Seller-/321981729765?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

Everyone please report this person
idiot, most realized it was bound to happen.  It's sad, I'm new to the community and felt lucky to be included. B.S. like this makes it harder for everyone. Trust issues and why even bother feelings.
I hate these discs to no end.  However, I have to say that with the amount that have been given out here I'm surprised how few have been sold like this.

wilykat

incrediblehark

Did you guys put those void stickers on there? If so I like the idea :P $125 is ridiculous, when i think you could get the whole pce works release from tobias for less. Does the retail release sell for that high now? I'm glad I got my copy years ago.

wilykat

Mine didn't have the void sticker. The seller probably did it. He may not realize a little sticker could upset the balance of the CD and make loud humming noise in the drive.

Mathius

Quote from: wilykat on 01/19/2016, 09:48 PMMine didn't have the void sticker. The seller probably did it. He may not realize a little sticker could upset the balance of the CD and make loud humming noise in the drive.
None of the discs do. Neither the full Tobias release or the free boots. It had to be done by a reseller.

CrackTiger

The seller pretty much said that it's his own warranty sticker.

The listing actually got taken down. I wonder if reporting rarely works because of a staffing shortage?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 01/19/2016, 11:57 PMThe seller pretty much said that it's his own warranty sticker.

The listing actually got taken down. I wonder if reporting rarely works because of a staffing shortage?
Either that or they saw this thread and took it down.

tbone3969

I bet eBay took it down.  They seem to be on top of stuff like that these days.

tbone3969

Shit sorry for the double post.  I wasn't paying attention and hit quote instead of modify to my previous post.

***  I can't wait for round 3!!!!  ***

wilykat

Says removed and seller generally can't completely delete listing, only end it, so eBay acted on this one.  That's a mark on the seller's record for rule violation resulting in a take down.

Wiggy1182

Quote from: wilykat on 01/20/2016, 09:21 AMSays removed and seller generally can't completely delete listing, only end it, so eBay acted on this one.  That's a mark on the seller's record for rule violation resulting in a take down.
Good, I'm glad it got taken down. I posted it here and the Facebook TG-16/PCE group so everyone was quick to report the seller.

I really appreciate getting these beautiful CD copies to play. I am a dumbass when it comes to doing this sort of stuff myself. It's unfortunate that some people try to take advantage of it for personal gain.

deubeul

Ah shit. As I was too lazy to read the entire title I thought It was a thread about Turbo Express I totally missed the offer. (50+ pages on TE, what a dumb ass  :mrgreen:!)

Too bad, I would have been interested in DH, BSG and MM3. Oh well, my lens is still alive after a burned Xak3, hope it will survive to the others.

I'll keep an eye on the thread, if there's a chance for a presssed SO2.   

I thought about something to avoid gouging: why not write the username of the member you send the disk to with indelible ink somewhere on the CD? I speak for myself, but I wouldn't care.

grendelrt

So not to stir the pot,  but on the Dracula X discs,  Tobias did give some out for free on his website disc only when he did the original release.  So when one pops on eBay it might not necessarily be from here.  Unless there is a difference between the discs or another way to identify discs from here?

Bernie

Quote from: grendelrt on 01/20/2016, 01:46 PMSo not to stir the pot,  but on the Dracula X discs,  Tobias did give some out for free on his website disc only when he did the original release.  So when one pops on eBay it might not necessarily be from here.  Unless there is a difference between the discs or another way to identify discs from here?
You are correct.

grendelrt

Quote from: Bernie on 01/20/2016, 02:53 PM
Quote from: grendelrt on 01/20/2016, 01:46 PMSo not to stir the pot,  but on the Dracula X discs,  Tobias did give some out for free on his website disc only when he did the original release.  So when one pops on eBay it might not necessarily be from here.  Unless there is a difference between the discs or another way to identify discs from here?
You are correct.
Ok just checking,  not saying it isn't shitty to sell those discs as well but don't want to see someone get lynched for something they didn't do haha.

GoldenWheels

Huh....I almost brought this up the other day but not knowing the Tobias discs too well I just figured it was one of those.

If you package energy drink with your products, a pointless warranty sticker also would not have surprised me.

NightWolve

Quote from: GoldenWheels on 01/20/2016, 03:28 PMIf you package energy drink with your products, a pointless warranty sticker also would not have surprised me.
The energy drinks were Tobias' idea, but the sticker got added by this particular reseller as he said so in his listing. He has a "policy" around it - if you mess with the sticker, he won't accept a return... Hahaha! Serious bidness selling repros, after all... ;)

GoldenWheels

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/20/2016, 11:06 PMThe energy drinks were Tobias' idea, but the sticker got added by this particular reseller as he said so in his listing. He has a "policy" around it - if you mess with the sticker, he won't accept a return... Hahaha! Serious bidness selling repros, after all... ;)
I gotcha. I just meant both seemed equally stupid to me!

Normally I'm not as anti-reseller/collectard as the core PCE crowd is (I'm more of a "you bought it, do whatever the f you want with it" guy) but in this case, I am totally on board. There were guidelines for getting these discs, it's a special thing, and if somebody breaks the spirit of this thing, fuck'em.

Jason_dicarlo85

A couple people were messaging him from the turbob Facebook group and he replied with that he bought the game from pce works website because he thought the case and manual were cool and wanted them for his own legit copy..

wilykat

eBay is not going to care for a measly sticker. If the buyer files not working claim, the seller will be required to take it back and refund it even if the sticker was removed.

Duo_R

interested in the ones available, but if Drac X is just the JP version I will pass on that.
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Groover

I'm really enjoying the discs. Thanks again Bernie. I hope people don't spoil a good thing here. I hope in the future this can continue with other PCEWorks reproductions. I recently reached 100% on Dracula X.
IMG

Jason_dicarlo85

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Grafx-16-Super-CD-Godzilla-PCE-Works-Version-complete-w-poster-duo-/131703769698?nav=SEARCH

:x is this what Tobias package deal looks like??
(EDIT... THIS WAS PURCHASED FROM PCE WORKS IN 2014 .. Didn't come from here)