OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Manuals and cases for Turbob Xpress

Started by Brraap, 11/24/2015, 03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brraap

I decided to start a thread for the manual's and jewel cases. They are 12$ each plus shipping. Standard shipping is 6$ for two or 9$ for three. If you don't require jewel cases, the shipping will be 6$ instead of 9$. Currently I have Castlevania Rondo Of Blood translated manual, Beyond Shadowgate, Might and Magic 3 (not a full manual, it tells the story and controller functions, a link is provided for full 45 page manual download) I'm getting low on these 3 and not sure when I will be making more.

Dungeon Explorer II, Bonk 3, and Dynastic Hero will be ready to ship by the weekend.
As of right now I don't have any plans for Godzilla, but that may change in future.

Originally I was taking pm's for these, but it got hard trying to keep track of everything so to make things easier, if you are interested in these, please send an email to turbo-reproductions@hotmail.com If I don't email you back right away, don't worry, I will get to you.

Thanks
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
It's an unwritten law in Japan that every shooter series has to have it's own ''parody''

xcrement5x

The quality on these looks pretty nice, do you have any other details about them.

Page count on the manuals, print quality, etc?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Platinumfungi

Emailed you, Brraap :) Thanks for helping out the community like this!
IMG

SignOfZeta

If that's suposed to simulate what a US version of Dracula X would look like then you need to make the logos waaaaaaay bigger. You need that dumb "Duo" thing hogging up the bottom 1/4. The dumb little pictures of CDs in vertical stripes eating up another 1/4. Basically, if you can see the original cover art without a magnifying glass you aren't doing in TTI style. The TG-16 logo could be increased in size by at least %50.

Btw, why has the character art on the back insert been replaced with stuff from four years after the game came out? And where is the RSS logo?
IMG

Bernie

Quote from: Platinumfungi on 11/24/2015, 07:25 PMEmailed you, Brraap :) Thanks for helping out the community like this!
Are you still doing mods man?  I remember you had some pretty nifty looking console mods!

wyndcrosser

Quote from: guest on 11/24/2015, 06:35 PMI can say that the quality is comparable to the real deal.  Senor BRAAAAP hooked me up with a Drac X manual at MGC and it is muy bien!
I'm not complaining, but I will say that a few of the pages from the three that I got were not legible. So, nice YES!, but equal to that of a retail version? Not so much. Still a nice product though.

Bernie

Quote from: wyndcrosser on 11/24/2015, 09:03 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/24/2015, 06:35 PMI can say that the quality is comparable to the real deal.  Senor BRAAAAP hooked me up with a Drac X manual at MGC and it is muy bien!
I'm not complaining, but I will say that a few of the pages from the three that I got were not legible. So, nice YES!, but equal to that of a retail version? Not so much. Still a nice product though.
Did you get with him, before posting this?  Ive never had an issue with the manuals, so it may have been a simple oversight.

Sent from my iPhone using your mama

cr8zykuban0

very beautiful work! will hit you up on the email address you provided!

SignOfZeta

Not legible as in the print is not readable? I'd say that was pretty far from retail-grade, the final inspection process at least.
IMG

wyndcrosser

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 11/24/2015, 10:00 PMNot legible as in the print is not readable? I'd say that was pretty far from retail-grade, the final inspection process at least.
Are you asking me or confirming similar quality on yours?

*AGAIN, not bitching, just identifying that printing so many of these, the ink may have ran out lol*

ginoscope

Quote from: wyndcrosser on 11/24/2015, 10:52 PM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 11/24/2015, 10:00 PMNot legible as in the print is not readable? I'd say that was pretty far from retail-grade, the final inspection process at least.
Are you asking me or confirming similar quality on yours?

*AGAIN, not bitching, just identifying that printing so many of these, the ink may have ran out lol*
I just checked all of mine and the pages were all good.  Maybe he did run out of ink.

kiketonto

Hi! I'm interested in the box and instructions for Dungeon Explorer 2 , but I live in Spain.
It's possible to shipping here?
Greetings

CatPix

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 11/24/2015, 07:26 PMIf that's suposed to simulate what a US version of Dracula X would look like then you need to make the logos waaaaaaay bigger. You need that dumb "Duo" thing hogging up the bottom 1/4. The dumb little pictures of CDs in vertical stripes eating up another 1/4. Basically, if you can see the original cover art without a magnifying glass you aren't doing in TTI style. The TG-16 logo could be increased in size by at least %50.

Btw, why has the character art on the back insert been replaced with stuff from four years after the game came out? And where is the RSS logo?
That's the problem I have with those...
The quality looks retail-level, but that TT-16 detail is butt-ugly, especially that DUO stuff.
But heh, it's not complaining about the quality of the work, it's about the style. I'd way prefer a Japanese-styled box art, or at least a neutral one.
The Castlevania one is pretty much nice in that regard.

Platinumfungi

Quote from: Bernie on 11/24/2015, 07:26 PM
Quote from: Platinumfungi on 11/24/2015, 07:25 PMEmailed you, Brraap :) Thanks for helping out the community like this!
Are you still doing mods man?  I remember you had some pretty nifty looking console mods!
Yup :) I'll PM you to keep this thread on topic.

Free bump!
IMG

Phase

Sorry if this comes off as harsh, but I''m gonna throw some crit out there.

The main thing is your pictures are bad and i wouldn't buy anything print related with those shots, get some without the jewel case too.

I'm not sure about your other covers but let me talk about the DracX one when compared to the actual cover.
The title is covering up too much of the image and the image has been cropped top bottom left and right in your cover. You are covering up the castle in the background and Richters upper leg, where the real cover the title is over the lower leg. It looks like you just modified a cover that i found on this website http://www.gametronik.com/site/fiche/pcenginecd/Akumajou%2520Dracula%2520X%2520-%2520Chi%2520no%2520Rondo%2520%2528Super%2520CD%2520Rom2%2529%2520%2528J%2529%2520%2528T-Eng%2529/
maybe you are the original author i don't know, your cover and the cover on that site appears to be created from a low quality shot from the web located here http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/cv-rob/offart/offart68.jpg
this is a low quality scan (from a magazine or artbook or something?) and a lot of detail has been lost there compared to a decent cover scan. I'm guessing its been compressed to a medium setting as well.

Well maybe your dracx cover prints out fine and its all good. Anyone who has bought these could chime in and let people know.. I don't see many comments or pics from folks who have them yet.

Also any info on where you got the images translations and what dpi scans or prints you used or printer paper or extra info would be nice... what brand jewel case are you using?

Bernie

I actually have quite a few of the manuals, and I am pleased with the quality.  The cover art for the Dracula X I believe originated here at some point, but I cant be too sure.  I dont have an issue with it however.  The only thing I would change is the actual CD cases, but damn them things can get expensive which in turn would make these more.  So yeah....  Far as some of the scans, a lot of the manuals I did at 400-600 dpi.  I switched up at some point, but always stayed in that range.  Thicker manual I scanned without taking the staples out, so that created some issue, but I made folks aware of that in my thread.  I was mainly doing it for myself, and just didnt feel like taking them out of each manual. 

In all, Id say the manual are just fine.  Im happy with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using your mama

Phase

I guess I was just being overly critical, I'm sure the other covers are fine if he is using your 400-600 dpi scans. The dracX cover struck me as weird so I didn't know about the rest. (The lack of info, feedback and bad pictures scared me a bit). I apologize for sounding suspicious. Perhaps the person who made the dracX cover before on this site used that offart68 jpeg as his source (the cropping doesn't make sense otherwise) in which case the quality is going to be a little low. But if it looks fine then thats all that matters.

cr8zykuban0

The pics dont do it justice. The inserts and manuals look a lot better in person.

kiketonto

Quote from: kiketonto on 11/25/2015, 05:48 AMHi! I'm interested in the box and instructions for Dungeon Explorer 2 , but I live in Spain.
Greetings
I'm still waiting for them to arrive at home.
I hope the arrive before holidays!

Brraap

Quote from: kiketonto on 12/18/2015, 11:03 PM
Quote from: kiketonto on 11/25/2015, 05:48 AMHi! I'm interested in the box and instructions for Dungeon Explorer 2 , but I live in Spain.
Greetings
When I shipped yours they said 2-3 weeks...so you should have them anytime now I hope
It's an unwritten law in Japan that every shooter series has to have it's own ''parody''

cr8zykuban0

It takes some time but well worth the wait

kiketonto

Quote from: Brraap on 12/19/2015, 12:15 PM
Quote from: kiketonto on 12/18/2015, 11:03 PM
Greetings
When I shipped yours they said 2-3 weeks...so you should have them anytime now I hope
That's great! thank you!!!!

kiketonto

I received mine today!
They all in very good shape.
 thank you!

Alt-Nintega

so are these real or not? i'm confused

CrackTiger

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 12/22/2015, 06:51 PMso are these real or not? i'm confused
Depends on what you mean by "real".
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!