OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Bloufo on 01/10/2017, 10:21 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/10/2017, 04:22 PMWhich famicom game is that? Kind of looks like recc but that would mean the cart is fake due to it being orange.
Oh it's a fake, no doubt. ;p That Fami came with a whole bunch of those pirated/fake carts.

The game is Salamander/Life Force.
Oh man I couldn't pick out life force. What wrong with me lol.

Gypsy

Bought something I wasn't expecting to today, a Wii U. Includes gamepad, all accessories and Minecraft Wii U + Game & Wario physical games. Super Mario 3D World is on the system digitally. Gonna play the crap out of that!

Paid $125

bob

Quote from: Gypsy on 01/12/2017, 06:14 PMBought something I wasn't expecting to today, a Wii U. Includes gamepad, all accessories and Minecraft Wii U + Game & Wario physical games. Super Mario 3D World is on the system digitally. Gonna play the crap out of that!

Paid $125
I'm sorry.

Gypsy

Mathius

Wii U has so many great games. Don't believe otherwise.

bob

lol.  i keep hearing that, but yet to find them.
i have a wii u and so far its just been a HD mario kart box.
i had a great night with SMB Maker, but never touched it since.

Gypsy

Quote from: Mathius on 01/12/2017, 06:37 PMWii U has so many great games. Don't believe otherwise.
Preach.

Quote from: gynt on 01/12/2017, 06:47 PMlol.  i keep hearing that, but yet to find them.
i have a wii u and so far its just been a HD mario kart box.
i had a great night with SMB Maker, but never touched it since.
I mean I'm already having great fun with Mario World 3D and I have a list of games I want to get for it that is actually above 10 (I was kinda surprised). When factoring in that I don't want the games that came with this and will sell them I should only have about $60 in the console which isn't too bad really.

I do definitely want to get Mario Kart for it, I've heard great things about it which I was glad to hear because Mario Kart Wii was tremendously disappointing after Double Dash.

bob

yeah, im just kidding around.  mario 3d is fun, but didnt grip me the way the galaxy's did.
i wanted to love it, but i just dont.  i wish more appealing games came out, i just cant choose the wii u over my other systems when i have a short window to play something.

Gypsy

Really loved both of the Galaxy games, probably the best Big N games on the Wii.

And yeah Nintendo gave up on this system pretty quickly. I'll probably end up with less than 20 games for it, but that will still beat the pants off of my Sega CD selection (sans cdrs).

My list so far
New Super Mario/Luigi (the two pack)
DK Tropical Freeze
Mario Kart 8
Smash
Pikmin 3
Yoshi's Wooly World
Captain Toad
Zeldar Scrolls (not out yet)
Zelda TP and WW HD (good excuse to replay these)
Super Mario Maker

Open to recommendations from anyone (that are not Splatoon).

EvilEvoIX

Been on a Game Wave kick for a bit.  Why not games brand new are $3 each and the system was $20.
It's a fun curiosity for sure.  No idea if these games are any good but the trivia is indeed fun.
IMG
IMG
IMG

Got these Bad Boys from Luke Moorse 1 from Japan.  Both are Japanese variants.  This allows certain 3D0 games to be played that can't be on the US version.
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMGIMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Gredler

Quote from: Gypsy on 01/12/2017, 08:12 PMReally loved both of the Galaxy games, probably the best Big N games on the Wii.

And yeah Nintendo gave up on this system pretty quickly. I'll probably end up with less than 20 games for it, but that will still beat the pants off of my Sega CD selection (sans cdrs).

My list so far
DK Tropical Freeze
Mario Kart 8
Smash
Pikmin 3
Yoshi's Wooly World
Captain Toad
Super Mario Maker

Bayonetta 2
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Wonderful 101
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Zombie U

Mathius

Add to that list Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, Paper Mario (decent), and a plethora of eShop releases that are too many to list.

Definitive version of Rayman Legends is on Wii U as well. Also the only way to legally play Earthbound 1&2 legally on a console.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Mathius on 01/12/2017, 09:07 PMAdd to that list Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, Paper Mario (decent), and a plethora of eShop releases that are too many to list.

Definitive version of Rayman Legends is on Wii U as well. Also the only way to legally play Earthbound 1&2 legally on a console.
If they where to release 3 and even more hopefully push a physical release of all three games. I'd be very happy.

Also the latest fatal frame for the WiiU looked great. However it's download only in NA. Seeing how a PAL release was made in physical copy it seemed like such a bone head move on Nintendo America. Even more so with the WiiU being region locked.

bartre

well, my "list" of games to check out on wii U is 23 games, so it's not terrible.
It's on the same level as the N64.

side note - fuck Mario Maker, With no cohesive goal, I played it once and that was good enough for me.  Never really gave me a reason to play other than just getting more of the same.

Did you look at Hyrule Warriors? It's pretty Dynasty Warriors-y, but I had a good enough time with it.
another one to look at is the NES remix pack, not for everyone, but I'd look at it if you haven't.

Gypsy

Quote from: Gredler on 01/12/2017, 09:06 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 01/12/2017, 08:12 PMReally loved both of the Galaxy games, probably the best Big N games on the Wii.

My list so far
DK Tropical Freeze
Mario Kart 8
Smash
Pikmin 3
Yoshi's Wooly World
Captain Toad
Super Mario Maker

Bayonetta 2
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Wonderful 101
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Zombie U
I cringe at Tokyo as a FE fan but the rest will be taken under advisement.

Quote from: Mathius on 01/12/2017, 09:07 PMAdd to that list Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, Paper Mario (decent), and a plethora of eShop releases that are too many to list.

Love Sonic Racing Transtormed on the Vita.

Quote from: bartre on 01/12/2017, 09:21 PMwell, my "list" of games to check out on wii U is 23 games, so it's not terrible.
It's on the same level as the N64.

side note - fuck Mario Maker, With no cohesive goal, I played it once and that was good enough for me.  Never really gave me a reason to play other than just getting more of the same.

Did you look at Hyrule Warriors? It's pretty Dynasty Warriors-y, but I had a good enough time with it.
another one to look at is the NES remix pack, not for everyone, but I'd look at it if you haven't.
I may have to reconsider Mario Maker.

Yeah I wasn't sure on Hyrule Warriors. That one would have to be pretty cheap, though back in the day I had a lot of fun playing DW games with a friend on PS2.

bob

mario maker would have been great if you could link levels together and make whole "worlds"

Mathius

Quote from: gynt on 01/12/2017, 10:11 PMmario maker would have been great if you could link levels together and make whole "worlds"
Yep

Bloufo

Just some stuff for the DC.

IMG

That VGA to HDMI converter/upscaler is a decent "budget" device.
It has two options, that of 720p and 1080p. I set it to the former. No noticeable lag.

IMG

Medic_wheat

I have been wanting one of those big green Dreamcast sticks for some time.

Gypsy

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/13/2017, 11:58 AMI have been wanting one of those big green Dreamcast sticks for some time.
http://akishop-customs.com/PS360.html

I bought one 4 years ago and it's been great. Not sure if it can be found for purchase anywhere at this point, but if it can, it's a great solution.

Bloufo

Not much in the way of pick ups, just a really old PC CRT Monitor.

I'm like one of those people that sees a stray animal on the street and wants to give it a home.  :P :lol:

If I see one of these old monitors just get thrown away, I can't help but take a closer look.

So this old CRT only accepts VGA. I had to make a plan to hook up an old console system to it.
I went the S-Video to VGA route for the visuals, and a bit of a convoluted way to get the audio out of a pair of old Fujitsu Siemens speakers.

IMG

IMG

esteban

Quote from: Bloufo on 01/15/2017, 05:02 AM...

I'm like one of those people that sees a stray animal on the street and wants to give it a home.  :P :lol:

If I see one of these old monitors just get thrown away, I can't help...
I know, I am the same way. Especially when family/friends are getting rid of stuff.

I just rescued a nice, poor little scanner...I just need to find a mini-USB cable for it.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gypsy

Quote from: Bloufo on 01/15/2017, 05:02 AMNot much in the way of pick ups, just a really old PC CRT Monitor.

If I see one of these old monitors just get thrown away, I can't help but take a closer look.

So this old CRT only accepts VGA. I had to make a plan to hook up an old console system to it.
I went the S-Video to VGA route for the visuals, and a bit of a convoluted way to get the audio out of a pair of old Fujitsu Siemens speakers.

IMG

IMG
You are among friends here, lol. I have an old Daewoo CRT that I grabbed for free awhile back. VGA and BNC connectors, a couple of the resolutions don't really work anymore but she runs.

Dicer

I picked up a planet...was a dusty planet tucked away in a corner but I took it home cleaned it up and whala

IMG

SuperGrafx

My search for a complete copy of FIGHTING STREET on the PCE has concluded.  Complete with the coveted spine card.

Finally arrived complete on Friday.  Thing looks practically brand new.
I can now die a happy man.

NecroPhile

I found this little guy in Friday's mail:

IMG
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

EvilEvoIX

Simple Pickup here.  I traded a SNES and a Sega Genesis Model 2 for a PS4 Slim.  I think I did good.  been playing Shovel Knight and tried to get Destiny going but it needed a 74 MIN update.

IMG

IMG

Slim is nice, REALLY small for a Next Gen console.  Wish it had a Optical port out, no idea why it doesn't.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

bartre

I'm sure that there are people who'd kill you for playing that on a crt.
Me- I'm just surprised it has the capability

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: bartre on 01/16/2017, 11:57 AMI'm sure that there are people who'd kill you for playing that on a crt.
Me- I'm just surprised it has the capability
1080i HD 60hrtz Via HDMI, nothing wrong there.  CRT has superior blacks and way better on motion blur.  Much harder to steal as the TV is 220pounds built in theft deterant.  Accepts all signals from 240P to 1080I, I can run my dream cast trough it via VGA to Component and get enhanced picture.  Its an awesome gaming TV, I have 2.
IMGIMGIMG

NecroPhile

I don't think any of those wega tvs can display what the PS4 is outputting; the best it's doing is 1440x1080i or 853x1080i natively.  Even if it had a full 1920x1080 native resolution, that'd be interlaced and not as good looking as a 1080p display.

bob

you have a problem with people stealing your TVs?

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 01/16/2017, 12:22 PMI don't think any of those wega tvs can display what the PS4 is outputting; the best it's doing is 1440x1080i or 853x1080i natively.  Even if it had a full 1920x1080 native resolution, that'd be interlaced and not as good looking as a 1080p display.
Well yeah it's only 1080i and do not forget broadcast Television is only 720P or 1080i, the only true 1080P sources will be from a Gaming console (and even then it's up converted on many games) and Blue Ray Movies.  Some Netflix Shows steam 4k but a small minority.  It still looks great, it's under 50 Inches so I am not suffering too much on the 1080i picture and the TV is a great compromise to play all my systems.
IMGIMGIMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/16/2017, 12:27 PMWell yeah it's only 1080i and do not forget broadcast Television is only 720P or 1080i, the only true 1080P sources will be from a Gaming console (and even then it's up converted on many games) and Blue Ray Movies.  Some Netflix Shows steam 4k but a small minority.  It still looks great, it's under 50 Inches so I am not suffering too much on the 1080i picture and the TV is a great compromise to play all my systems.
HD-DVDs can do 1080P too, provided the player supports it (a lot of them were budget models that maxed out at 1080i).
--DragonmasterDan

NecroPhile

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/16/2017, 12:27 PMWell yeah it's only 1080i and do not forget broadcast Television is only 720P or 1080i, the only true 1080P sources will be from a Gaming console (and even then it's up converted on many games) and Blue Ray Movies.  Some Netflix Shows steam 4k but a small minority.  It still looks great, it's under 50 Inches so I am not suffering too much on the 1080i picture and the TV is a great compromise to play all my systems.
It's fine and dandy if you're happy with how it looks, but you're missing one fourth the rendered pixels at 1440x1080 or one half at 853x1080, and that is why bartre said what he said.

And I'm only talking about the PS4.  Don't try to change the subject or rationalize the wega's use with things that have nothing at all to do with the PS4.

Bloufo

Quote from: gynt on 01/16/2017, 12:27 PMyou have a problem with people stealing your TVs?
Took the words right out of my mouth.  :P

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 01/16/2017, 12:50 PM
It's fine and dandy if you're happy with how it looks, but you're missing one fourth the rendered pixels at 1440x1080 or one half at 853x1080, and that is why bartre said what he said.

And I'm only talking about the PS4.  Don't try to change the subject or rationalize the wega's use with things that have nothing at all to do with the PS4.
Change the subject?  My god sweety you always seem to take exception with my posts no matter how innocent.  The PS4 looks fine, I can always hooked it hp to my 50" plasma in the Bedroom or the 60" 4K downstairs but I hooked it up in the game room see?  under 50" the difference between 1080I or 1080P isn't really noticeable, you know this.  It looks fine, calm down.  And yes the WEGA CRT is among the finest gaming TV's especially when factoring in classic gaming.
IMGIMGIMG

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: gynt on 01/16/2017, 12:27 PMyou have a problem with people stealing your TVs?
No but we all lock our doors to our homes and cars.  It's just an added benefit.
IMGIMGIMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/16/2017, 12:58 PMChange the subject?
Yes.  Nobody was talking about broadcast television, blu-rays, or netflix until you tried to use them as reasons to use a display incapable of 1080p.  They're simply not relevant.

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/16/2017, 12:58 PMMy god sweety you always seem to take exception with my posts no matter how innocent.
Yeah, every single time.  :roll:

Persecution complex much?

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/16/2017, 12:58 PMThe PS4 looks fine, I can always hooked it hp to my 50" plasma in the Bedroom or the 60" 4K downstairs but I hooked it up in the game room see?  under 50" the difference between 1080I or 1080P isn't really noticeable, you know this.  It looks fine, calm down.
Like I already stated, the only thing that matters is if you're happy with how it looks.  Just don't act like there's no reason anyone would think using a PS4 on such a TV is a bad idea.

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/16/2017, 12:58 PMAnd yes the WEGA CRT is among the finest gaming TV's especially when factoring in classic gaming.
That's a matter of opinion.  I don't care all that much one way or the other, but many people dislike the lack of scan lines on HD CRTs.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: NecroPhileYes.  Nobody was talking about broadcast television, blu-rays, or netflix until you tried to use them as reasons to use a display incapable of 1080p.  They're simply not relevant.
Wow, finding conflict where there is none.  I was talking about TV, Blue rays, etc, that's more than nobody.  I was also pointing out the TV accepts HDMI and displays 1080i, this angers you and I have no idea why.

Quote from: NecroPhileYeah, every single time.  :roll:

Persecution complex much?
100% of the time, never seen someone as obsessed as you.  All in a days work for a moderator, carry on.

Quote from: NecroPhileLike I already stated, the only thing that matters is if you're happy with how it looks.  Just don't act like there's no reason anyone would think using a PS4 on such a TV is a bad idea.
Bad idea?  How in gods name is it a bad idea?  bartre posted that he was surprised it worked which makes me believe he thought my CRT is SD.  I posted it was HD, has pure Black and White which is perfect contrast, and a 1080i signal which at under 50" is indiscernible to distinguish 1080i to 1080P, yet you find a reason to argue and take offense; only you.  =D>

Quote from: NecroPhileThat's a matter of opinion.  I don't care all that much one way or the other, but many people dislike the lack of scan lines on HD CRTs.
Well you seem to think your opinion is fact.  A simple search on you shows this beyond doubt.
IMGIMGIMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/16/2017, 01:38 PMWow, finding conflict where there is none.
Says the guy whining about being picked on, ascribing anger where there is none, and resorting to personal attacks to counter technical arguments.

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/16/2017, 01:38 PMI was talking about TV, Blue rays, etc, that's more than nobody.
Like I said: nobody was talking about them until you brought them in as rationalizations.  Learn to read.

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/16/2017, 01:38 PMI was also pointing out the TV accepts HDMI and displays 1080i, this angers you and I have no idea why.
And I was just pointing out that it's not capable of 1920x1080i, so the difference is more than progressive vs. interlaced.  Why does this bother you?

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/16/2017, 01:38 PMBad idea?  How in gods name is it a bad idea?
As I've already stated, it's a bad idea because you're missing as much as half of the pixels being rendered.

You don't care, obviously, but it's not hard to understand that it does matter to some people.

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/16/2017, 01:38 PMWell you seem to think your opinion is fact.  A simple search on you shows this beyond doubt.
What's a fact is that some people prefer not to have their images downsampled.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: NecroPhileSays the guy whining about being picked on, ascribing anger where there is none, and resorting to personal attacks to counter technical arguments.
Why must you be so predictably angry?  It's not even fun anymore to watch you fly off the handle for zero reason.
Quote from: NecroPhileLike I said: nobody was talking about them until you brought them in as rationalizations.  Learn to read.
And like I said I believe a previous poster thought my CRT was SD, I described the attributes to have a HD CRT Television but that appears to be too much for you to handle without shitting from your mouth. Again predictable.

Quote from: NecroPhileAnd I was just pointing out that it's not capable of 1920x1080i, so the difference is more than progressive vs. interlaced.  Why does this bother you?
It doesn't, but pointing out that at under 50" displays you can't tell the difference between 1080i and 1080P.  You lost it when I pointed out the superior contrast of a CRT and motion blur and brought in some of your sources don't like scan lines in a massive effort to derail once again.  Where the fuck did that come from?  I posted a PS4 I picked up from a simple trade and you all like Third Reich and shit.

Quote from: NecroPhileAs I've already stated, it's a bad idea because you're missing as much as half of the pixels being rendered.
I think you keep forgetting that your opinion is wasted on me.  See my post above on screen size.

Quote from: NecroPhileWhat's a fact is that some people prefer not to have their images downsampled.
It's fairly obvious that at this point you are not concerned with the facts but concerned with letting people know you are angry with me.  About as predictable as a M Night Shyamalan twist ending.
IMGIMGIMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/16/2017, 02:46 PMAnd like I said I believe a previous poster thought my CRT was SD, I described the attributes to have a HD CRT Television but that appears to be too much for you to handle without shitting from your mouth. Again predictable.
No.  You were responding directly to me, attempting to justify why it's okay for it to run at something less than 1920x1080p.

Try to keep your stories straight.  :lol:

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/16/2017, 02:46 PMIt doesn't, but pointing out that at under 50" displays you can't tell the difference between 1080i and 1080P.  You lost it when I pointed out the superior contrast of a CRT and motion blur and brought in some of your sources don't like scan lines in a massive effort to derail once again.  Where the fuck did that come from?
It was in direct response to your assertion that such a TV is one of the best gaming TVs ever made for classic gaming, and as such is not even remotely off-topic.  Try again, troll.

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/16/2017, 02:46 PMI posted a PS4 I picked up from a simple trade and you all like Third Reich and shit.
Get your own shtick and leave that foolishness to Trump.

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/16/2017, 02:46 PMI think you keep forgetting that your opinion is wasted on me.  See my post above on screen size.
Like I've already said repeatedly, it doesn't matter if you care or not.  The fact remains that there's a very good reason to not use such a CRT with a PS4.

NoSexGex

Quote from: NecroPhile on 01/16/2017, 03:42 PMLike I've already said repeatedly, it doesn't matter if you care or not.  The fact remains that there's a very good reason to not use such a CRT with a PS4.
lol why would anyone think that's a good idea, even with RGB inputs the scan lines would be very out of place.

I don't even think there would be proper aspect ratios
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

bartre

Man, what the fuck did I start?

anywho, got a special package today -

IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: NoSexGex on 01/16/2017, 04:08 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 01/16/2017, 03:42 PMLike I've already said repeatedly, it doesn't matter if you care or not.  The fact remains that there's a very good reason to not use such a CRT with a PS4.
lol why would anyone think that's a good idea, even with RGB inputs the scan lines would be very out of place.

Most HD CRTs don't have scan lines and it's a 16:9 tube.

Gypsy

At first I was wondering if I was the only person that noticed LOL.

Also holy shit this went downhill fast. I have an XBR800 and 960 and they are both very good tvs but I would not use them for content like PS4 or blu rays.

Quote from: bartre on 01/16/2017, 04:32 PMMan, what the fuck did I start?

anywho, got a special package today -

IMG
Nice. Is Oreshika reasonably priced now? I enjoyed that game.

Quote from: guest on 01/16/2017, 04:36 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/16/2017, 04:08 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/16/2017, 03:42 PMLike I've already said repeatedly, it doesn't matter if you care or not.  The fact remains that there's a very good reason to not use such a CRT with a PS4.

Correct.

Quote from: guest on 01/16/2017, 03:42 PMLike I've already said repeatedly, it doesn't matter if you care or not.  The fact remains that there's a very good reason to not use such a CRT with a PS4.

RGB looks good on these. Colour is excellent. It's not PVM/BVM quality by any means but these are also much easier to find (and usually free).

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: NecroPhileNo.  You were responding directly to me, attempting to justify why it's okay for it to run at something less than 1920x1080p.

Try to keep your stories straight.  :lol:
Nope responded to the bartre and you flew off the handle so again it's too be expected.  No reason to lie about your madness we all see it.

Quote from: NecroPhileIt was in direct response to your assertion that such a TV is one of the best gaming TVs ever made for classic gaming, and as such is not even remotely off-topic.  Try again, troll.
It is, it's versatility is unmatched.  Maybe you are trolling me?

Quote from: NecroPhileGet your own shtick and leave that foolishness to Trump.
4 more days, are you as excited as me?  :dance:

Quote from: NecroPhileLike I've already said repeatedly, it doesn't matter if you care or not.  The fact remains that there's a very good reason to not use such a CRT with a PS4.
And nobody cares but you but when I post why it's good you lose your shit in a simple  teh "what did you buy today"-thread.  Not sociopathic at all.   :-k
IMGIMGIMG

bob

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/16/2017, 02:46 PM... It's not even fun anymore to watch you fly off the handle for zero reason.
yes it is

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 01/16/2017, 04:36 PM

Actually it's a 4:3 but I also have a 16:9 variant as well.  When I plug in the Genesis/SNES/Turbo/NES/3DO/ Whatever SD signal it outputs in 4:3 and fills the entire screen like this.

IMG

IMG

If I run the Dreamcast through the VGA to Component converter it displays 640x480 and its progressive in 4:3 format.

If I use the HDMI slot it crops the picture like so.

IMG

The TV is quite versatile, Tube televisions still have one of the best pictures you can ever get from a TV, especially when it comes to accurate color and deep black levels.
IMGIMGIMG

Gypsy

I forgot there were a few 4:3 variants. On the 16:9 ones you get proper aspect ratio, there is just some empty space. That's never been something that bothered me but I know it's a deal breaker for some.