The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperDeadite

Dug a Hori Berretta out of Hardoff for 1,000yen today. Guncon clone, full metal, weighs about 3lbs. Best lightgun I've ever used.

IMG
4K: https://i.postimg.cc/W32t01V4/IMG-2291.jpg
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Medic_wheat

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 03/10/2017, 11:38 AMDug a Hori Berretta out of Hardoff for 1,000yen today. Guncon clone, full metal, weighs about 3lbs. Best lightgun I've ever used.

IMG

All metal you say.

esadajr

That's a great score, looks amazing and with pedal for easy reload.
Gaming since 1985

LostFlunky

Quote from: Bloufo on 03/06/2017, 03:45 AM
Quote from: Lost Monkey on 02/25/2017, 10:53 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/25/2017, 10:31 AM
Quote from: Bloufo on 02/25/2017, 09:26 AMGot this,

IMG
So. Wait. It's?  What?

Is it a way of modding for component in a PCE? 
That looks like the RGB version - there is a component version as well - which I have just ordered to try out...
The HD Retrovision folks were saying that this is "a poorly designed ripoff" of the product offered by db-electronics. And that this has the capacitors on backwards. "Video signal quality would be compromised and eventually those capacitors will fail."

I believe the seller of these is also a member here. I wonder what he has to say about this?
I wonder if they mean the caps are in the wrong spots, because if they are on backwards (reversed) they would likely explode within a short time of powering up...

I ordered a TGCD gear from this seller too - a year or two ago and it was good (along with several orders or hucards over the years)... I'll reserve judgement until I receive mine in the mail.

esteban

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 03/10/2017, 11:43 AM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 03/10/2017, 11:38 AMDug a Hori Berretta out of Hardoff for 1,000yen today. Guncon clone, full metal, weighs about 3lbs. Best lightgun I've ever used.

IMG
All metal you say.
As far as I am concerned, this is Better than Beretta.

+5 points if you catch the reference.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bartre

IMG
can confirm; these things are amazing.
I'd be 10 at 1,000 yen each lol

bob

I typically don't have much to show in this thread, but local flea market was good to me today.
Spent $10

dotsandloops.com/games/2006.jpg

Medic_wheat

Quote from: gynt on 03/11/2017, 04:48 PMI typically don't have much to show in this thread, but local flea market was good to me today.
Spent $10

$10 for the Xbox game sounds like a good deal. And all the other stuff.

bob

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 03/11/2017, 05:14 PM
Quote from: gynt on 03/11/2017, 04:48 PMI typically don't have much to show in this thread, but local flea market was good to me today.
Spent $10
$10 for the Xbox game sounds like a good deal. And all the other stuff.
games and bag were 3 each.   stickers were $1

Medic_wheat

I'll I've you $3 for that outrun game.

LostFlunky

The Outrun game is pretty fun.  Seems to be a bit on the sought after side as well...

Gypsy

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

Fortunately I don't really need it from what I can tell. Figured it was a cool thing to have though and I acquired it via teh trades along with a controller and a mouse (which are both in perfect working order).

Really digging the system so far and the look and feel of the games I've played. Going to look for some more translated games as well as easy to play titles.

Dicer

My $2 copy of Flash Hiders came in, can't beat that...

Gypsy

Nice Dicer.

I just got some gud shit in myself. Including Castlevania Chronicles (the sharp remake of the first game ported to PS1) which is one of the few in the series I have never played.

Mathius

Quote from: Gypsy on 03/16/2017, 03:57 PMNice Dicer.

I just got some gud shit in myself. Including Castlevania Chronicles (the sharp remake of the first game ported to PS1) which is one of the few in the series I have never played.
Pro-Tip: Hold L1, R1, Start and Select when choosing a game mode to enable sound select mode. You can choose between FM synth and two MIDI options. They are all worth a listen but I feel the FM synth is the most "Castlevania Sounding" of the three. Be sure to hold those buttons down until the sound select screen loads.

Medic_wheat

I downloaded chronicles. I can tbelige the game jumped in price so much.

Gypsy

Quote from: Mathius on 03/16/2017, 07:26 PM

Pro-Tip: Hold L1, R1, Start and Select when choosing a game mode to enable sound select mode. You can choose between FM synth and two MIDI options. They are all worth a listen but I feel the FM synth is the most "Castlevania Sounding" of the three. Be sure to hold those buttons down until the sound select screen loads.
Awesome thanks.

Right now I'm working on SF III and replaying Banjo Kazooie but I think CC will be the next game I play.

esadajr

Is the FM Synth the exact same as the vanilla X68k?
Gaming since 1985

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

SuperDeadite

Quote from: esadajr on 03/17/2017, 12:33 PM

Is the FM Synth the exact same as the vanilla X68k?
The FM/MIDI music isn't emulated, it's recorded off the real thing.  It does suffer a bit from compression, but most people won't know the difference.  Now the game itself though is a recreation, not a proper port of the original code.  Meaning some of the hitboxes are off from the original, making it harder then it was meant to be.  The lowered resolution doesn't help either (PS1 is 15khz, real deal runs in 31khz).  If you are used to the real deal, this port is meh, but if you aren't it's a good effort.  And when it was new it retailed for only $9.99 so hard to complain...

Original version had a few extra features like the hidden 4th Music Option (General MIDI), but they are rather minor.  There is even a fan patch that adds stereoscopic 3D (LCD shutters like MasterSystem/Famicom) support to the game, which is damn cool looking if you have the required setup to run it.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Sparky

Ya not game related but picked these up at comicon on Friday.
Been a long while since I bought action figures, and retro ones I don't have. About $10 each and check out the rope on Indy! :O

IMG

roflmao

I haven't picked up anything gaming related in awhile, but came across this for about $8 and couldn't say no.

I haven't played this in ages. I sold my U.S. copy probably 2 decades ago. It's still pretty fun! I was surprised that there's even a widescreen mode in the Options menu, though the HUD and cut-scenes are stretched.

IMG

I guess I've been on a Ghost in the Shell kick lately because I have the Laserdisc arriving shortly as well. Maybe it's because the movie is coming out soon. I know some of you are probably groaning, but I can't wait to see how it turns out. They posted the first 5 minutes today and it's straight out of the anime:

Gypsy

Stopped by some thrifts today.

$1 each God of War II (had a memory card in the case even), Onimusha Warlords, Onimusha 2, Onimusha 3.

Nothing amazing there, but I haven't played the Onimusha games in ages so what the hell. Mainly grabbed God of War II for the memory card.

Some huge ass retarded Tom Clancy Rainbow Six CE thing (6 games in it and a huge guide) for $10. One of my brothers is big on Clancy, so this will be a nice gift. Didn't bother to look at value online, but I figure this fucker can't even ship for $10.

Some wireless headphones I will probably gift for a dollar.

roflmao

Quote from: Gypsy on 03/22/2017, 10:09 PMStopped by some thrifts today.

$1 each God of War II (had a memory card in the case even), Onimusha Warlords, Onimusha 2, Onimusha 3.

Nothing amazing there, but I haven't played the Onimusha games in ages so what the hell. Mainly grabbed God of War II for the memory card.

Some huge ass retarded Tom Clancy Rainbow Six CE thing (6 games in it and a huge guide) for $10. One of my brothers is big on Clancy, so this will be a nice gift. Didn't bother to look at value online, but I figure this fucker can't even ship for $10.

Some wireless headphones I will probably gift for a dollar.
Nice! I have a friend who worked on the first God of War and I worked on Rainbow Six: Lockdown (a low point in the title's career).

Gypsy

Ah cool.

I don't think I've played a TC branded game since Rogue Spear. I pretty much quit playing most US shooters after really getting into Japanese games. Though I did quite like Halo.

Turns out the headphones are worth a little bit (looked into it when my friend was surprised I was gifting them to him).

bartre

LetGo was nice to me today.
snagged myself a boxed 60GB PS3 + a handful of good games and a copy of american psycho on blu ray.
total cost? $75

esadajr

Bubble gum

IMG

The Snoopy game, I already had for Wii U, but I don't like kids playing with the tablet, also it is quite frustrating to play as Woodstock using the Wii remote. Game screams for real controllers.
Gaming since 1985

bob

Quote from: esadajr on 03/27/2017, 03:09 PMBubble gum

IMG

The Snoopy game, I already had for Wii U, but I don't like kids playing with the tablet, also it is quite frustrating to play as Woodstock using the Wii remote. Game screams for real controllers.
man, i really enjoyed the splatterhouse release on ps3

Medic_wheat

As did I. I feel the new splatterhouse is underrated. Now only is the new game fun it included the previous three games a great arcade port and two genesis exclusives. Even if you don't like the new game you can always enjoy the previous two. Win to the win.

LostFlunky

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 03/10/2017, 12:31 PM
Quote from: Bloufo on 03/06/2017, 03:45 AM
Quote from: Lost Monkey on 02/25/2017, 10:53 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/25/2017, 10:31 AM
Quote from: Bloufo on 02/25/2017, 09:26 AMGot this,

IMG
So. Wait. It's?  What?

Is it a way of modding for component in a PCE? 
That looks like the RGB version - there is a component version as well - which I have just ordered to try out...
The HD Retrovision folks were saying that this is "a poorly designed ripoff" of the product offered by db-electronics. And that this has the capacitors on backwards. "Video signal quality would be compromised and eventually those capacitors will fail."

I believe the seller of these is also a member here. I wonder what he has to say about this?
I wonder if they mean the caps are in the wrong spots, because if they are on backwards (reversed) they would likely explode within a short time of powering up...

I ordered a TGCD gear from this seller too - a year or two ago and it was good (along with several orders or hucards over the years)... I'll reserve judgement until I receive mine in the mail. 
Ok - so I received it last night - the version with Component, Composite and RGB... I was unable to get component working.. just a flickering picture on a CRT which accepts component and nothing at all on an LCD...

I will try again tonight, but it isn't looking good...

Gypsy

Got a fun package the other day. Was from someone I have traded with a fair bit in the past, looking to get rid of extra stuff. I paid $100 without knowing what the exact contents would be but with the assurance that I would be happy or I could send it all back at his cost. Ended up being quite pleased...

Dragon Force (loose)
Thunder Force V Special Package (complete)
Lunar SSSC guide (great shape)
Wing Commander IV
Cyber Core (complete)
Doraemon Meikyu Daisakusen (complete)
Namco Museum 3
A bunch of dvds mostly newer movies but also some random anime discs just a huge stack (50+ movies) so not worth listing them out by name.

chany60126

Gypsy

Recently had a nice CIB Core Grafx arrive. Came with Galaga 88 and Tiger Road (Japanese version). It was $90 shipping included which I feel isn't terrible.

sirhcman

chany how is Line of Fire? I still need that one!

chany60126

Quote from: guest on 04/04/2017, 09:30 PMchany how is Line of Fire? I still need that one!
It is a fun game! It reminds me of Jackal on the NES, but it is vertically auto-scrolling so it also feels like a shoot em up. The best part about the game is that it has a hidden 3D mode. You get a nice sense of depth as walls rise high, trees loom, and canyon appear to be pretty deep. I highly recommend it if you have the glasses!!

xcrement5x

Quote from: Gypsy on 04/04/2017, 07:26 PMRecently had a nice CIB Core Grafx arrive. Came with Galaga 88 and Tiger Road (Japanese version). It was $90 shipping included which I feel isn't terrible.
Not a bad price at all!  Tiger Road is pretty fun in my opinion.

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 04/05/2017, 11:38 AM
Quote from: Gypsy on 04/04/2017, 07:26 PMRecently had a nice CIB Core Grafx arrive. Came with Galaga 88 and Tiger Road (Japanese version). It was $90 shipping included which I feel isn't terrible.
Not a bad price at all!  Tiger Road is pretty fun in my opinion.
It seems quite difficult. It's been annoying me lol.

Dicer

HITLERTASTIC

/17807277_10154888754066998_3432690813174486847_o.jpg

Gypsy

Got some dirt cheap consoles this weekend, including a SNES that was broken. :( CIB PS2 that's actually in really good shape though as well.

Oh did have a cheap but nice package arrive as well. Had Super Bomberman 2, Super Mario Collection and Chou Genjin SFC carts. Crazy what the US carts of these go for when the Japanese carts are soooo cheap.

cr8zykuban0

Nice dicer! Ive been meaning to pick up download 2 remastered, they made the music sound much better!

Flare65

Where are these remasters coming from?  Are they just copies of the original game or have them been changed in any way?

Didnt think Download 2 was that rare to begin with....

cr8zykuban0

picked up a few games a couple of weeks ago.
IMG
IMG

Had to make my own insert for the 20 in 1 master system cart. Apparently it came bundle with the master system 3 in brazil.
The game selection screen is kinda werid. its just game 1 through 20, there are no titles, you choose your game and from there you have one minute to get any many points as you can, depending on what game you play. If you meet the required score within the minute, you continue playing, if you dont meet the required score, you are taking back to the game menu. Very obscure game. im thinking to do a review on it since theres not much info at all about this game.

Gypsy

Very nice 360 shootuns. Mushi is still my favourite but those others are nice as well. Eschatos has Judgement Silversword on it if you didn't already know.

TheClash603

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 04/09/2017, 08:48 PMpicked up a few games a couple of weeks ago.
IMG
IMG

Had to make my own insert for the 20 in 1 master system cart. Apparently it came bundle with the master system 3 in brazil.
The game selection screen is kinda werid. its just game 1 through 20, there are no titles, you choose your game and from there you have one minute to get any many points as you can, depending on what game you play. If you meet the required score within the minute, you continue playing, if you dont meet the required score, you are taking back to the game menu. Very obscure game. im thinking to do a review on it since theres not much info at all about this game.
What are the 20 games?  I'd love to give this a try, where did you pick it up?

cr8zykuban0

@gypsy-hella good shmups indeed. Yeah, its awesome that eschatos comes with judgement silversword which is crazy how pricy that game is.

@theclash603- they are just some random ass games. I picked it up at cjameslv's store for 20 bucks. Figure its worth checking out and reviewing

esadajr

Quote from: Gypsy on 04/09/2017, 09:34 PMVery nice 360 shootuns. Mushi is still my favourite but those others are nice as well. Eschatos has Judgement Silversword on it if you didn't already know.
And they're region free :-k
Gaming since 1985

sirhcman

Quote from: esadajr on 04/10/2017, 12:57 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 04/09/2017, 09:34 PMVery nice 360 shootuns. Mushi is still my favourite but those others are nice as well. Eschatos has Judgement Silversword on it if you didn't already know.
And they're region free :-k
All of those should play fine on a NA NTSC 360

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436