Mysterious Song is now released

Started by OldRover, 08/26/2012, 11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duo_R

Yes and for that i am stroked....errr stoked! :-)

Quote from: Keranu on 08/30/2012, 06:40 PM
Quote from: Duo_R on 08/30/2012, 06:29 PMIt would only have been better if it said "order #101....LOSER!!!! Hahaha"

:-)

5 minutes into the game and an innuendo joke..love it!
Welp the plus side of being #101 is that it made you among the very first copies to get shipped out! :)
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

OldRover

Got a couple of really interesting orders... one from someone with an @microsoft.com email address, so I would assume that that's a Microsoft employee... and we also got an order from someone who works for none other than Incredible Technologies... the very same folks who brought us Battle Royale for our beloved machine back in the day. :)
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

ParanoiaDragon

I wonder if anyone's ever beat Battle Royale.  I'd be interested to see the credits & see if the dude's name is in there :-k
IMG

OldRover

I beat it many years ago but don't remember if it has end credits or not.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

GohanX

I ordered one, and at least one bud of mine on another forum ordered due to my pimping  :P

Bardoly

I didn't see this game on GameFAQs yet, so I just submitted it to them to hopefully be added to their list of Turbo CD games.  I hope that others are trying to get this game added to other websites' lists of Turbo CD games.  I don't see a Wikipedia article about this game yet, either, and I hope that someone with more intimate knowledge of this game can get an article written up and added.

IMHO: The more that the word gets out, the more people will purchase a copy and the developers can either be somewhat compensated for their labor of love and/or can use the funds to develop more Turbo CD games.

Duo_R

Is it on PCE Dai website yet?

NecroPhile

Quote from: Duo_R on 08/31/2012, 12:16 PMIs it on PCE Dai website yet?
It'll be in the next big update (including Insanity and all the PC-FX titles), which will go live any day now.   Yep.... any day now. 
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Keith Courage

I was wondering about the length of the game. Is it around 10 hours of play like the original Dos version or is there some extra content added to it?

Joe Redifer

It would be nice, if, when the game is ordered (like I did from https://web.archive.org/web/2000/http://www.frozenutopia.com/ ), that the purchaser gets some kind of e-mail confirmation.  I mean, I got an e-mail confirmation from PayPal that I paid, but that's it.  No "Thank you for your order, it's on its way" or "Thank you for your order, we expect more in stock at such-and-such a time".  I even PM'd Rover.  Not a single response.  All I have is a PayPal receipt to something called boricuagoodies.com. Customers do like status updates and confirmations.  But with that weird admin@boricuagoodies.com e-mail address and looking at the cheesy www.boricuagoodies.com website, I feel I may have been scammed.  Frozen Utopia isn't handling the actual selling of this item very well.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/01/2012, 02:27 AMIt would be nice, if, when the game is ordered (like I did from https://web.archive.org/web/2000/http://www.frozenutopia.com/ ), that the purchaser gets some kind of e-mail confirmation.  I mean, I got an e-mail confirmation from PayPal that I paid, but that's it.  No "Thank you for your order, it's on its way" or "Thank you for your order, we expect more in stock at such-and-such a time".  I even PM'd Rover.  Not a single response.  All I have is a PayPal receipt to something called boricuagoodies.com. Customers do like status updates and confirmations.  But with that weird admin@boricuagoodies.com e-mail address and looking at the cheesy www.boricuagoodies.com website, I feel I may have been scammed.  Frozen Utopia isn't handling the actual selling of this item very well.
What, you dont wanna order a box of rice and some seasonings with your game? :P

Joe Redifer

I know, right?  Maybe some canned goods?

HercTNT

would make for an interesting pack in deal. buy MSR, get box of rice.

motdelbourt

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 09/01/2012, 02:38 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/01/2012, 02:27 AMIt would be nice, if, when the game is ordered (like I did from https://web.archive.org/web/2000/http://www.frozenutopia.com/ ), that the purchaser gets some kind of e-mail confirmation.  I mean, I got an e-mail confirmation from PayPal that I paid, but that's it.  No "Thank you for your order, it's on its way" or "Thank you for your order, we expect more in stock at such-and-such a time".  I even PM'd Rover.  Not a single response.  All I have is a PayPal receipt to something called boricuagoodies.com. Customers do like status updates and confirmations.  But with that weird admin@boricuagoodies.com e-mail address and looking at the cheesy www.boricuagoodies.com website, I feel I may have been scammed.  Frozen Utopia isn't handling the actual selling of this item very well.
What, you dont wanna order a box of rice and some seasonings with your game? :P
I actually would have paid another $4 to get a chocolate bar with my game.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/01/2012, 02:40 AMI know, right?  Maybe some canned goods?
Seriously lol. Not to knock Rover or anything either on this, but on the about page it states:

QuoteIf you are a Puerto Rican living in the United States, then you probably know how difficult it is to find products from companies here in Puerto Rico. Names like Goya and Bohio are grossly underrepresented in the United States. Spanish sections of grocery stores rarely have anything aside from taco shells and salsa. And all of your favorite spices and condiments are nowhere to be seen.
To me it almost sounds like him and his wife have not been to a stateside grocery store in years. Basically every single store I go to for groceries has a huge Spanish section of canned, bottled, and dried goods both, along with a semi-decent Asian section.

Duo_R

Wondering the same thing too

Quote from: Keith Courage on 09/01/2012, 01:44 AMI was wondering about the length of the game. Is it around 10 hours of play like the original Dos version or is there some extra content added to it?

ParanoiaDragon

Huh, I thought Keranu was sending out the delivery confirmation numbers to people.  Atleast, that's what it sounded like :-k

As for length, the regular game is the same except I believe there is an extra area added, then there's an EX game with new story & alternate ending, & perhaps there's more :D
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

I'd be down with some adobo or pineapple soda with my copy.  lol
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 09/01/2012, 04:46 AMI'd be down with some adobo or pineapple soda with my copy.  lol
Pineapple soda sounds good right about now actually.

esteban

I honestly don't understand the problem: Mysterious Song is 100% pure canned delight from Puerto Rico.

Rover never claimed otherwise.

You folks have to lighten up, SRSLY.

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keranu

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 09/01/2012, 03:06 AMHuh, I thought Keranu was sending out the delivery confirmation numbers to people.  Atleast, that's what it sounded like :-k

As for length, the regular game is the same except I believe there is an extra area added, then there's an EX game with new story & alternate ending, & perhaps there's more :D
Tracking confirm is emailed to the buyer's Pay Pal account automatically when I print the labels. I had a default order confirmation email I would send out when ordering was made to my Pay Pal account.

If it makes ya feel better Joe, your order has been confirmed and is in my order log :P . Will be getting around to the most recent orders after Labor Day, I still have some foreign addy's I will be taking care of today.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

OldRover

If something isn't working correctly, blame Paypal. The code is programmed to send people to a landing page on Frozen Utopia when you order. If it's not working, then Paypal is being douchey again.

Mike, maybe where you live, but that's not the norm. We wouldn't have dozens of orders every week if that were the case everywhere.

PunkCryborg

OldRover

Oh and Joe, you told me to delete your message with extreme prejudice if it wasn't the case... so I did. :D

Keranu

Over 50 orders have been shipped so far. I'm waiting on supplies to come from USPS.com, so in the mean time I'll still be sending foreign addresses the old fashioned way.

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 09/01/2012, 12:37 PMgot mine today!
Sweet! Enjoy!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Mathius

Okay I'm an idiot. I saw Esteban's avatar and thought it was Keranu when I was told I was order number 101. Then, for some reason, I didn't see Keranu's post detailing my true order number. Curse you, Esteban!  :P

PCEngineHell

Quote from: OldRover on 09/01/2012, 12:32 PMMike, maybe where you live, but that's not the norm. We wouldn't have dozens of orders every week if that were the case everywhere.
Curious, where all are you having to ship to, and is there good money involved? The only places I would think this would do well is maybe in certain northern states where the Hispanic population is extremely low to where stores could not justify carrying perishable goods that wont sell well or enough. I mean, I have access to tons of stuff, so basically I could do the same thing as you if there is real money involved in this. You have peaked my interest. I am surprised my sons friend Herson or his dad hasn't mentioned this because he has tons of relatives all over the US.

Edit:
I mean stuff like the Goya beans you sell for $1.59, I can get them online for like less then 33 bucks for 24 cans. The Criada pink beans I cant get without actually looking, but Goya actually sells them too and I can pick up their stuff locally or online cheap. Basically the same applies to stuff like the tomato sauce products you are selling, grain rice, soda etc. I guess if you really shipped out enough per week you could do well. Just wonder how much of a customer base you would need to justify the effort and all.

Arkhan Asylum

There's a ton of import food in my hood. 

But, the Cleveland area is ethnic as fuck anymore.  There are more foreign food places than regular round eye ones.  lol.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldRover

We're actually the cheapest direct exporter of Puerto Rican brands in Puerto Rico. There are other companies which might sell a few things cheaper, but they're either mainland companies who buy in bulk or simply don't have the same selection. Companies here on the island who export like we do charge a hell of a lot more than we do. And we're finding new ways of reducing the prices all the time, usually by dealing directly with the companies. Most people who buy from us won't go to the mainland companies because they're run by gringos.

Bernie

What am I missing?  I didnt know you and your wife ran a store..

PCEngineHell

Quote from: OldRover on 09/01/2012, 06:45 PMMost people who buy from us won't go to the mainland companies because they're run by gringos.
Quote from: Bernie on 09/01/2012, 06:57 PMWhat am I missing?  I didnt know you and your wife ran a store..
I wasn't aware Rover was Hispanic either, though I knew his wife was, let alone they had a store going... So do you have a fairly big customer base so far, and how long have you been doing this? Did you get customers via word of mouth mainly through facebook and the such?

Arkhan Asylum

I think rover was putting the link in his signature here for awhile.

I bought a shit load of adobo, pineapple soda, and those cans of animalcracker-like-cookies.   

I still have the Adobo.  All 4 flavors.    The red criolowhatever one is the best variety.

PCEngineHell

You know, and not Hispanic food related, but one thing that seems to be hard to get in some areas is pickled okra. I've sent a few jars off and on to Sini since they don't seem to be available in his area. I can buy the stuff all day long but evidently its just not carried everywhere.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Keranu on 09/01/2012, 10:01 AMIf it makes ya feel better Joe, your order has been confirmed and is in my order log :P .
It does, thanks.

OldRover

I'm not Hispanic but the wifey is, yeah. We have a relatively large customer base with new customers every couple of weeks or so... mostly repeat business though, with the occasional one-timer. It's been a couple of years now since we set up shop. Mostly word of mouth promotion, but I occasionally try to slip in a link or two on forums where people are looking for specific products. Customers don't deal with me though, they communicate with her. I pretty much just do the shipping when need be.

One of the advantages we have over mainland companies is that we can do rapid custom orders. If there's something a customer wants that isn't on our site, we can get it quickly, and usually for a good price too. Most exporters here don't even offer that service, which is lame... but I guess an advantage for us. :)

Keranu

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 09/01/2012, 07:22 PMYou know, and not Hispanic food related, but one thing that seems to be hard to get in some areas is pickled okra. I've sent a few jars off and on to Sini since they don't seem to be available in his area. I can buy the stuff all day long but evidently its just not carried everywhere.
Pickled okra is the shit! I could eat a dozen jars if I felt like it.

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/01/2012, 07:32 PM
Quote from: Keranu on 09/01/2012, 10:01 AMIf it makes ya feel better Joe, your order has been confirmed and is in my order log :P .
It does, thanks.
Coooooool!
IMG

jonzo

Old Rover - are you (or Keranu) selling as ebay user "equuskia"?

Don't want to order from someone ripping off your good work.

Ta.

Bernie

Quote from: jonzo on 09/01/2012, 08:52 PMOld Rover - are you (or Keranu) selling as ebay user "equuskia"?

Don't want to order from someone ripping off your good work.

Ta.
Thats them.

jonzo

OldRover

Yeah, it's my wife's account. We set that up so no one could rip us off. :)

motdelbourt

My game arrived today, after ordering it only like 2-3 days ago. I haven't popped it in yet, but I'm impressed by the quality of the packaging and the look of the disc. Everything is spot-on. The manual is in color so the packaging is arguably superior to previous US Super CD games.

esteban

ASIDE: I love how intrigued M.H. (Professor) was with Rover's export business. :pcgs:

BACK ON TOPIC: I know this sounds silly, but the one thing I look forward to the most is... listening to the Mysterious Song soundtrack. I'm only going to be able to play MSR: The Game in bits and pieces. But I'll be able to listen to the soundtrack immediately and continuously. :pcgs:

Keranu

Quote from: motdelbourt on 09/02/2012, 03:17 AMMy game arrived today, after ordering it only like 2-3 days ago. I haven't popped it in yet, but I'm impressed by the quality of the packaging and the look of the disc. Everything is spot-on. The manual is in color so the packaging is arguably superior to previous US Super CD games.
Glad you like it! Thanks for posting!

Quote from: esteban on 09/02/2012, 04:53 PMBACK ON TOPIC: I know this sounds silly, but the one thing I look forward to the most is... listening to the Mysterious Song soundtrack. I'm only going to be able to play MSR: The Game in bits and pieces. But I'll be able to listen to the soundtrack immediately and continuously. :pcgs:
I conceived an idea of making the bonus soundtrack CD+G compatible so you can actually pop it in your Turbo to watch scrolling visuals as an extra. We've been working with TheOldMan on getting this to work, but unfortunately we just didn't have the time to implement it for the release. Oh well, we're hoping it will work for Jungle Bros soundtrack.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Keranu on 09/02/2012, 05:02 PM
Quote from: esteban on 09/02/2012, 04:53 PMBACK ON TOPIC: I know this sounds silly, but the one thing I look forward to the most is... listening to the Mysterious Song soundtrack. I'm only going to be able to play MSR: The Game in bits and pieces. But I'll be able to listen to the soundtrack immediately and continuously. :pcgs:
I conceived an idea of making the bonus soundtrack CD+G compatible so you can actually pop it in your Turbo to watch scrolling visuals as an extra. We've been working with TheOldMan on getting this to work, but unfortunately we just didn't have the time to implement it for the release. Oh well, we're hoping it will work for Jungle Bros soundtrack.
YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT I AM GOING TO SAY:

I would love for folks to create new CD+G experiences. It was a technology that must be pushed to the limit in 2012. I don't need miracles, but I want some really wonderful CD+G action on my TG-CD.

Arkhan, I'm talking to you, too.

CD+G is where it's at for all audio releases, IMHO.

Thank you for keeping the flames of my fantasy burning brightly. :pcgs:

VestCunt

Quote from: esteban on 09/02/2012, 05:21 PMCD+G is where it's at for all audio releases, IMHO.
Certainly for Turbo-related audio, but if I had my way, records would all be released on dual discs with DVD content. As much as I love obsolete technology (CD+G's), there's nothing like listening to Bruce Springsteen or Nick cave in surround sound with the lyrics right there on the screen and maybe an interview elsewhere on the disc.

Unfortunately, none of these formats seem to catch on - CD+G, Enhanced, Dual Disc, etc. Apparently the average listener prefers blowing their eardrums out with MP3's on earbuds.
Topic Adjourned.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2012, 05:41 PM
Quote from: esteban on 09/02/2012, 05:21 PMCD+G is where it's at for all audio releases, IMHO.
Certainly for Turbo-related audio, but if I had my way, records would all be released on dual discs with DVD content. As much as I love obsolete technology (CD+G's), there's nothing like listening to Bruce Springsteen or Nick cave in surround sound with the lyrics right there on the screen and maybe an interview elsewhere on the disc.

Unfortunately, none of these formats seem to catch on - CD+G, Enhanced, Dual Disc, etc. Apparently the average listener prefers blowing their eardrums out with MP3's on earbuds.
I know. Even folks with handheld, portable devices (be it Phone or dedicated handheld) think that headphones/earbuds are their only choice for decent sound.

Of course, this isnt their only choice:

IMG
https://junk.tg-16.com/audio/Cyber_Core/Title_Screen.mp3

Arkhan Asylum

WHERE TEH HELL IS MY COPY IF MYSTERIOUSANTIY.

OldMan

QuoteI would love for folks to create new CD+G experiences. It was a technology that must be pushed to the limit in 2012. I don't need miracles, but I want some really wonderful CD+G action on my TG-CD.

Sorry, we're busy right now with pp.
I have to brush up on linux cd_record before we start, too.

roflmao

I've put a few hours into it over the past couple of days and have been having a blast!  Started climbing Darm, er, Tower of the Gods earlier this evening.  REALLY great work, guys!  I'm so glad you toughed it out and got this released. :D

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: TheOldMan on 09/02/2012, 07:57 PM
QuoteI would love for folks to create new CD+G experiences. It was a technology that must be pushed to the limit in 2012. I don't need miracles, but I want some really wonderful CD+G action on my TG-CD.

Sorry, we're busy right now with pp.
I have to brush up on linux cd_record before we start, too.
lol.
  Linux cd_record. 

It'll be a fun time.