Turbo/PCE collection percentages

Started by guyjin, 06/28/2007, 04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How much of your collection is PCEngine/Turbografx?

100%Turbo
1 (4%)
90% T/10% P
5 (20%)
80/20
4 (16%)
70/30
0 (0%)
60/40
0 (0%)
50% Turbo/50% PCEngine
4 (16%)
40/60
3 (12%)
30/70
0 (0%)
20/80
0 (0%)
10% T/90 % P
4 (16%)
100% PCEngine
4 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 25

guyjin

I'm talking games here - things like Arcade cards, tennokoe banks and consoles don't count.

so right now I'm at exactly 50/50; 20 American games, 20 Japanese. a single purchase could tip the balance.  :shock:

Seldane

Almost 100% PC Engine. I have two non-Japanese games: Ys 1-2 and Ys 3.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

termis

~50 PCE games / ~12 Turbo games  => ~ 80/20 ratio.

My numbers are heavily skewed toward the JP region games mainly because I picked up most of these when I was living in Japan. 

For a similar price (which isn't most of the times), I'd rather have the English-text, but too many good PCE games just weren't released in the western markets.

edit: Oops, I voted the other way - uhwell!

OldRover

My collection of "official" games stands at 14. 13 of these are US releases. >90% Turbo.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

NecroPhile

90% Turbo / 10% PCE

I mostly buy US games, so I guess that I must be stupid.  Only morons would buy a US game when the Japanese counterpart is so much cheaper.  I figured that I'd toss that out there so the overly cautious accountants don't start the 'Wasting Your Money' lecture.  :roll:

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

2X4

The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

Keranu

Mine is about 50/50%: 57 Turbo games, 55 PCE. Of course as everyone knows, I'm a hardcore Turbo fan for life so AMERICAN POWER!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Monster Bonce

100% PCE, but I've only started and do plan to get TG games including Ys I&II and JB Harold.

Hu Games: Bomberman, The Kung Fu, Dungeon Explorer, Out Live, Baseball, Tales of the Monster Path, 1943, Nectaris, Kato and Ken, Bikkuriman World and Necromancer.

CD games: Ys I&II, Classmates, Ultrabox 6 and Side Arms

I do have US Wii VC games, though: Bomberman 93 and Dragon's Curse. I didn't count those in my vote because they're emulated.

SignOfZeta

I voted 90/10, but the actual ratio is 11.42% US, 88.52 JP.
IMG

nat

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/28/2007, 06:44 PMI voted 90/10, but the actual ratio is 11.42% US, 88.52 JP.
Expect a swift trip to Hell for this glaring discrepancy.

Mine is probably around 50/50 but I have too many games to count because I'm lazy.

TR0N

50/50 here i just like having a little bit of both.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

100% PCE, but i have to say that there are 2 Turbo cds (got, bonk, bomberman combo and ys book 1&2) in my collection.

so that makes in fact about 99.6666667% PCE and 0.33333% Turbo :-"
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

MrFulci

I'm in the 80/20 group, as I own most of the US releases, and about 35 Japanese releases.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

runinruder

HuCards - 75% US, 25% JP

CDs - 17% US, 83% JP

Overall - 39% US, 61% JP
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Keranu

That's a pretty good percentage table Runin has. We got most of the good HuCards out here in America, but we didn't get nearly as many CD games as we should've gotten. I'm still satisfied with some of the CD games we did get, mainly Ys I - III and Gates and Lords, which are all essentials for the Turbo/PCE owner.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Turbo D

I voted 90% Turbo / 10% Pce because I only own 3 pce games and the rest turbo.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Ninja Spirit

I chose 80/20
PC Engine - 23
Turbo - 10

jimid2

When I had my original Duo and the collection of games I'd acquired for it, the split was about 60/40 in favour of the Turbo games, thanks to a Kisaedi (sp?) adapter I had for it... Now-a-days, only being a couple months back into the swing of things, I'm at 100% Turbo - no Japanese stuff at all yet, though I plan to rectify that situation shortly  :D

CrackTiger

I chose 80/20 as a guess. Even though I have a lot of Turbo games, there's just so much more for PC Engine.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

WoodyXP

"I bathe in AES carts."

SuperDeadite

100% PC Engine as I began collecting with this system only after I came to Japan.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

akamichi

I chose 90% PCE/10% TG.  But it's actually more like 99% PCE. :)