10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Do you play hockey?

Started by Gredler, 07/21/2017, 08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gredler

We should get a pcefx team together. I'll play in net, who's going to score goals and play defense? Meet up at vegas for a tournament and show some hosers how we do things on pcefx!

SignOfZeta

What am I, some kind of friggn animal?
IMG

Psycho Punch

I tried Ice Skating for the first time in my life last year, I still cannot believe hockey is humanly possible much less myself being in a game :lol:
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

NoSexGex

Im down, as well as the 40 other Canadians in here
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

esteban

Yes.

I've been playing Ice Hockey on my NES for over three decades.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

turboswimbz

Left Wing Left Shot.

I'm down.

I'll wear my Jagr Signed Jersey.

what's our team name?

I vote for the Vegas Golden Showers (clean and simple take on the joke)
also the mascot must be Turbob (the PC engine from star parodier)
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

TheClash603

I played in a few floor hockey leagues.  I was never all that good, but it was fun and good exercise.  Never played ice or roller hockey though, cause I can hardly stand up on skates, so forget about trying to do something while in them.

Best hockey moment was in college I played intramural floor hockey and my team was made up of a bunch of punks and cast a ways.  We were playing the fraternity Delta Chi and a big fight broke out.  The entire league ended up being cancelled and the college news paper ran a cover story "intramural hockey plagued by violence."  What followed was 4 years of Revenge of the Nerds style back and forth between my crew and Delta Chi.

Gredler

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 07/21/2017, 08:15 PMWhat am I, some kind of friggn animal?
Hell yeah, an animal on the ice homie I can just see you now blasting fools into oblivion,  zeta is our goon, get 'em!

Quote from: guest on 07/21/2017, 08:16 PMI tried Ice Skating for the first time in my life last year, I still cannot believe hockey is humanly possible much less myself being in a game :lol:
You're already on your way, we can put you as stay at home D you can chill back with me near the crease and clear rebounds or break up flat feeds!

Quote from: guest on 07/22/2017, 02:11 AMIm down, as well as the 40 other Canadians in here
Excellent we need some authenticity in Vegas to be respected. You can be the player coach and tell everyone how to properly use "that's a beut" and the aforementioned hoser, etc.

Quote from: esteban on 07/22/2017, 09:02 AMYes.

I've been playing Ice Hockey on my NES for over three decades.
Excellent. Esteban will be the centerman and take all the faceoffs, make sure you slash the shit out of everyone a la nes ice hockey "checking". I can definitely see Este putting some biscuits in some baskets.

Quote from: turboswimbz on 07/22/2017, 10:28 AMLeft Wing Left Shot.

I'm down.

I'll wear my Jagr Signed Jersey.

what's our team name?

I vote for the Vegas Golden Showers (clean and simple take on the joke)
also the mascot must be Turbob (the PC engine from star parodier)
Boom! Our first ringer has signed up to snipe wickid writers from the dots, bring some extra twigs boys cause he's going to be snapping em!

Golden showers are a bit too on the nose, no pun intended. I was think the TV Sports  Engines or some shit.

We only need like 14 more guys or gals and we can get this team off the ground! Can't wait to hit the ice in Vegas then after party at sarumarus house. Maybe we can get henshin engine sponsorship and jerseys . Oh man, this is happening?!

seieienbu

In junior high I played roller hockey with friends/neighbors for a good year.  We had a fridge box we cut in half that we used as goals until one of my friend's father eventually made us a goal out of 2x4s and chicken wire.  Good times.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Gypsy

No. I value having teeth.

wiseau

More like No, I am not Canadian.

bob

TheClash603

sirhcman

seieienbu

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/23/2017, 01:39 PM
Quote from: bob on 07/23/2017, 01:56 AMsoccer on ice
Except not terrible.
I think soccer would be an okay game if the guy with the super powers of touching the ball didn't exist.  And if the players knew how much time was in the game.

NecroPhile

Nope.  Ice cannot support my heavy alloy frame, nor can it handle the latent heat from robot hell.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gredler

Quote from: seieienbu on 07/22/2017, 10:14 PMIn junior high I played roller hockey with friends/neighbors for a good year.  We had a fridge box we cut in half that we used as goals until one of my friend's father eventually made us a goal out of 2x4s and chicken wire.  Good times.
Roller hockey, or street hockey? Roller hockey is a ton of fun and can be played on a "roller hockey rink" which is usually a special floor (Sport Court, http://www.sportcourt.com/sport-roller-sports-and-hockey"). The level of skill in roller hockey can go quite high, kids are getting full ride scholarships and in europe there are various paid professional leagues. The professional leagues here are completely sponsorship based (http://www.aihlhockey.pointstreaksites.com/view/aihlhockey). The most popular tournament roller hockey I would say is NARCH(http://www.narch.com/). They DO have Vegas tournaments for roller hockey, and it's much cheaper - not to mention the teams are usually smaller so we're almost there for a roller team (10 skaters and a goalie is almost too much, rolling with 8 and a goalie is ideal if everyone can stay healthy through the tournament).

seieienbu is on forward, his veteran experience will offset nicely to the gusto of our other established playmakers.

Quote from: Gypsy on 07/23/2017, 12:10 AMNo. I value having teeth.
Rock a full cage dude, no shame in that! I always tell guys without a cage - who needs to see the game better than the goalie, and when was the last time you saw a goalie without full face protection. Your teeth are safe. Gypsy you play back on D with punch and zeta.

Bob you get a tie and clipboard, assistant coach and waterboy.

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/23/2017, 01:39 PM
Except not terrible.
Captain Clash, you get the C and will lead the team in pre-game prayers and post game brews.

Quote from: guest on 07/24/2017, 09:59 AMNope.  Ice cannot support my heavy alloy frame, nor can it handle the latent heat from robot hell.
Oh man, this is great. The latent heat will exhaust those around you, and you can toss that robot frame into fools crushing them into submission. We will play roller so you can join, ice and weight support is certainly no concern. Rounding out the D core NecroPhile with the A on the jersey will moderate our GAA and keep us on the top ranks in the tournament

seieienbu

It was definitely street hockey then.  But whatever, let's do this.  Gonna place some TV Sports Hockey to get myself warmed up for this.  How the Sega-16 team looking?  I assume the Nintendoage team is too busy getting their gear VGA graded to actually unwrap it and play so they'll go down smooth and easy.

NoSexGex

Quote from: seieienbu on 07/28/2017, 03:18 PMI assume the Nintendoage team is too busy getting their gear VGA graded to actually unwrap it and play so they'll go down smooth and easy.
They're all busy worshiping some collector who paid 30K for a sealed Mario Bros
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"

seieienbu

Quote from: guest on 07/28/2017, 03:35 PM
Quote from: seieienbu on 07/28/2017, 03:18 PMI assume the Nintendoage team is too busy getting their gear VGA graded to actually unwrap it and play so they'll go down smooth and easy.
They're all busy worshiping some collector who paid 30K for a sealed Mario Bros
I would assume their hockey team would be more interested in the guy with the $10k Blades of Steel.

NoSexGex

IMG

Deal of a lifetime right here, now you can fool all your NA friends and tell them your Pro Sports Hockey is CIB. Unless they ask to play it, but lets get reel that's not happenin

Gredler

We are going to brutally annihilate nintendo age; check out this picture our scouts took of them at practice.

IMG

I am not a professional, but I am pretty sure they're doing it wrong.

I dont think the FEKA team is on top of their game either; we're going to run these fools!

IMG

esteban

Quote from: Gredler on 07/28/2017, 06:38 PMIMG
This photo is ridiculously hilarious to me.

Like..."I haven't exited this thread for the past two minutes" funny.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gredler

Week 5 of consistently playing again and no tendons snapping cartridge cracking or bones breaking - knock on wood!!

Are there seriously no other dudes on here that want to get a hockey team together for a Vegas meetup?!

I'm feeling healthy enough to play nes classic, remarkable!

LostFlunky

Quote from: esteban on 07/29/2017, 07:01 AM
Quote from: Gredler on 07/28/2017, 06:38 PMIMG
This photo is ridiculously hilarious to me.

Like..."I haven't exited this thread for the past two minutes" funny.

:)
Well, when the net is that big, you need a samsquanch for a goalie.  Lol

ToyMachine78

Only Hit the Ice, or the original Nes hockey.

NoSexGex

Quote from: guest on 08/24/2017, 10:27 PMOnly Hit the Ice, or the original Nes hockey.
Blades of mother fucking steel !

NoSexGex

Blades of Steel in Canada was almost half as popular as Mario. People sell them for $20 here all the time lol, but down south I doubt they sell for half that

Arkhan Asylum

the fucks blades of steel

i only know BWADES OF STEEO
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TelcoSurveyor

I can make little Wayne's head bleed in NHL 93.
I'm the Wind, Baby!

DeshDildo

I'm a hockey dad... does that count?  My 7 year old plays on a 2010 travel team and amazes the shit out of me.  My father in law still plays on old guy leagues and my brother in law played all over the U.S. and Canada growing up and played in the coast for about 5 years.  Currently, my next door neighbor is the goalie for the Colorado Eagles in the ECHL. 

Basically, I'm surrounded by hockey but, I myself am not the best skater.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

Gredler

Quote from: Desh on 08/25/2017, 08:35 AMI'm a hockey dad... does that count? 
YES this DEFINITELY counts! Get some gear for yourself, get your father in law to show you the ropes! Has he ever gone to Vegas for old guy league tournaments? They're a blast. ECHL is rad, your neighbor must know what he's doing out there! In my younger days I played with dudes in the west coast equivalent to that but never made it up there. I am sure your neighbor, brother in law, and father in law, would all be more than happy to help get you out there dude, get it!

Who else can we recruit!

NoSexGex

Quote from: Desh on 08/25/2017, 08:35 AMI'm a hockey dad... does that count?
You'll be in charge of the after party BBQ, you were basically born for this