RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

PCE Memories "Turbo Duo Edition"

Started by Mathius, 11/13/2014, 09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 11/14/2014, 03:42 PM$15 is a lot closer to his actual cost than $150.  A standard jewel case with 8 page book and full color everything is known to cost about $1000 for 500*, so figure $8 for the games themselves; add $4 for the spines; add $3 for the coin (less if additional copies were made for future box sets); and add maybe $5 for the box (small quantity = pricey).  So about $20.
$20 + the time it took to design everything.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 11/14/2014, 05:37 PM$20 + the time it took to design everything. 
That's nothing compared to the time and effort that went into making the game.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Duo_R

Sold out?

QuoteNovember 13, 2014

Hiatus

The BEST OF JAPAN boxset is now on hiatus. Thanks to everybody for the support with our little project. The titles included in the boxset will be available seperately in 2015. If you're interested in those or a possible re-issue of the box, make sure to be subscribed to our newsletter or just get in touch by email.
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

CGQuarterly

Quote from: Duo_R on 11/15/2014, 01:42 AMSold out?

QuoteNovember 13, 2014

Hiatus

The BEST OF JAPAN boxset is now on hiatus. Thanks to everybody for the support with our little project. The titles included in the boxset will be available seperately in 2015. If you're interested in those or a possible re-issue of the box, make sure to be subscribed to our newsletter or just get in touch by email.
You can e-mail him to make sure.  I got in on the second run.

Duo_R

I didn't even know about the PC Engine Best collection he did. Did anyone snag that one too?

CGQuarterly

Quote from: Duo_R on 11/15/2014, 02:00 AMI didn't even know about the PC Engine Best collection he did. Did anyone snag that one too?
Is that not the same thing?  Thats what I got, and I thought that was his first product of this new line of booties that he's doing.

Duo_R

yeah looks like it, so it's pretty legit?

For the 2nd collection I mainly want Dungeon Explorer II so I can play the game translated. But the box set is templting.

Psycho Punch

Seriously where the hell does these people press pirate discs professionally... every place I've searched for making a small project of mine required tons of documentation and proof you own the data on the disc, if it has music in it you had to provide details about the author and the rights transfer document for every single track.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

SamIAm

^^^If anyone ever figures out the answer to this (without blowing any necessary cover), I think it's going to usher in an era of much cheaper bootlegs.

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 11/14/2014, 03:19 PMAlready submitted my request to buy this.  I know a lot of you guys are down on this guy, suggesting that it costs him $15 to produce these sets, but I think you're way off.  I bought the first set, and the quality is absolutely top-notch, and it's obvious that a lot of attention to detail and just plain Turbo-love went in to it.  I don't know or have anything to do with anything that this guy may or may not have done to the community, but this is a top-quality product and I have absolutely no problem paying $37.50 shipped per title.
Ripping off Bonknuts and his Megaman PCE project is 80% of the reason why I don't like this guy, and why I won't ever give him money. It's also why I won't ever make a translation of the paper manuals for any of my translation projects. The high prices more or less just seal the deal. To hell with this guy.

ClodBusted

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 11/15/2014, 06:33 AMSeriously where the hell does these people press pirate discs professionally...
Just a clueless guess... China, Malaysia or Thailand?

Seriously, I don't know anything, but I see lots of bootlegs (movies, books, even plastic model kits) advertised on that  well know auction site coming from these countries.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 11/15/2014, 06:33 AMSeriously where the hell does these people press pirate discs professionally... every place I've searched for making a small project of mine required tons of documentation and proof you own the data on the disc, if it has music in it you had to provide details about the author and the rights transfer document for every single track.
Switzerland
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

clackattack

I hear that moon nazis make a majority of the bootleg discs around on the market today. I would imagine thier moon base has a pretty large production facility, hard to compete with that
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

clackattack

But yea, in all seriousness, i told my wife this was the ONLY thing i want for Christmas... now we wait to see how good of a listener she is

ToyMachine78

Could be from Russia too. They bootleg all sorts of media.

Arjak

Quote from: clackattack on 11/15/2014, 06:54 PMBut yea, in all seriousness, i told my wife this was the ONLY thing i want for Christmas... now we wait to see how good of a listener she is
Heh, I told my mom something similar; that the main things I want for Christmas are this, and the Amazon exclusive version of the Cowboy Bebop Blu-Ray box set.

If I get both of those, I'll have a Merry Christmas. :)
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Joe Redifer

Aaron should have a cool photo spread and/or review when the new version of the site goes up. I am looking forward to receiving mine as well. Glad they made them harder to pass off as real while still keeping them looking awesome.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 11/15/2014, 06:33 AMSeriously where the hell does these people press pirate discs professionally... every place I've searched for making a small project of mine required tons of documentation and proof you own the data on the disc, if it has music in it you had to provide details about the author and the rights transfer document for every single track.
You're overestimating the effort they put into vetting the "proof" you submit, especially for something being done outside its country of origin.

PCEngineFX

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/16/2014, 09:45 PMAaron should have a cool photo spread and/or review when the new version of the site goes up. I am looking forward to receiving mine as well. Glad they made them harder to pass off as real while still keeping them looking awesome.
I got mine last week and yes they look awesome.  If you want photos, I'll put them up here instead of on the new site which won't be up till next year.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

CGQuarterly

Just submitted payment for this one.  Really looking forward to DEII.

esadajr

Quote from: munchiaz on 11/14/2014, 12:34 PMI'm on the fence about both the collections. I want them, but my money is tied up (smash bros. Wii U) right now
The first one is worth it, the games look almost like the originals, (they put their pceworks in very subtle way). You get to play good games on the original hardware without making the laser work extra.

As per the second collection, I can play Bonk 3 on the everdrive, I'm not interested in DE II or Godzilla and the japanese Dynastic Hero can be had for like 20 bucks.
Gaming since 1985

Lochlan

Quote from: esadajr on 11/17/2014, 07:00 PMYou get to play good games on the original hardware without making the laser work extra.
You can buy five or six lasers for the cost of this set.
Quote from: ridgewood_general_store_1 on 08/15/2014, 11:12 AMI'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

CGQuarterly

It's not about preserving my laser assembly, for me.  The prices of Turbo shit have gotten so insane that $150 for this set is a steal, because I get to feel like I have a copy of DEII and Dynastic Hero that isn't on a CD-R festooned with my sharpie pen chicken scratch.  These aren't legit, but they're close enough that I'll never feel like I need to replace them with original copies.  And I'll say again that I don't think $37.50 shipped is too much for a CIB repro game.  Those of you who say they should be like $15 should put your money where your mouth is and make it happen.

munchiaz

I don't see an issue in people buying these to have a nice copy besides having a burned CD-R other hobbyist do stuff like this all the time. Be it a replica car, or model ect. As long as they are not passed off as legit then it's fine.

PCEngineFX

IMG

Even the posters are made out of quality materials......they have a laminate on them which make them feel/appear glossy.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: esadajr on 11/17/2014, 07:00 PMI'm not interested in DE II or Godzilla
You are dead to me.

esadajr

Quote from: munchiaz on 11/17/2014, 11:22 PMI don't see an issue in people buying these to have a nice copy besides having a burned CD-R other hobbyist do stuff like this all the time. Be it a replica car, or model ect. As long as they are not passed off as legit then it's fine.
Like owning a replica Rolex, Rembrandt, phone, etc. The second boxset won't inspire that feeling though.
Gaming since 1985

Duo_R

Otaking

Quote from: esadajr on 11/18/2014, 10:54 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 11/17/2014, 11:22 PMI don't see an issue in people buying these to have a nice copy besides having a burned CD-R other hobbyist do stuff like this all the time. Be it a replica car, or model ect. As long as they are not passed off as legit then it's fine.
Like owning a replica Rolex, Rembrandt, phone, etc. The second boxset won't inspire that feeling though.
I'm not sure about that analogy. Millions of prints of famous pieces of artwork have been sold, i'm sure the people who bought them gain pleasure and appreciate them regardless they're not the multi million dollar originals.
  :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Bernie

Just paid for mine as well.  Looking forward to Beyond Shadowgate and Might and Magic III in the next set.....

Mathius

Quote from: Bernie on 11/18/2014, 06:43 PMJust paid for mine as well.  Looking forward to Beyond Shadowgate and Might and Magic III in the next set.....
The music in Beyond Shadowgate reminds me of something from the Amiga, or Sound Blaster based IBM PC. I go on and on about how I got my copy in a trade. I still love and cherish it. Thank you. You know who you are. :wink:

esadajr

I'm forfeiting my place in line. If anyone is interested in buying this, please PM me your Paypal address and I'll ask our buddy Tobias to invoice you instead.
Gaming since 1985

Flare65

Just got my set in in the mail.  The quality is top notch and well worth the price.

johnnykonami

I would go for this if it were $100 maybe, definitely if less.  My main interest would be Dungeon Explorer II, but I'd rather just wait for a real one one day.  I love Westone / Wonder Boy, but I have a Japanese copy of Dynastic Hero so I'm good there for now.  I just looked at DEII on Ebay for the hell of it, does anyone else get upset when they take the cd out of the box and set it on a table just for a picture?  I know they are only just trying to sell, but I avoid all the auctions that do that.

NecroPhile

Quote from: johnnykonami on 11/24/2014, 04:50 PM... does anyone else get upset when they take the cd out of the box and set it on a table just for a picture?  I know they are only just trying to sell, but I avoid all the auctions that do that.
It doesn't bother me.  Unless the guy is a careless oaf or he has a sandpaper tablecloth, no harm should come to the disc.

Joe Redifer

Here's a video about the set from a guy I know:

PC-Engine Memories Turbo Duo Edition :: Game Reproduction

jlued686

Cool video. Really well done. Thanks for sharing.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 11/24/2014, 11:21 PMCool video. Really well done. Thanks for sharing.
Ditto. Not Corgan was entertaining.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/24/2014, 06:32 PMHere's a video about the set from a guy I know:

He says they restored the two removed tracks (I didn't even know they were missing), but did they do anything to fix the broken scoring?

*edit*  -  Oops, I mean for Godzilla.

Trenton_net

Quote from: guest on 11/25/2014, 10:09 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/24/2014, 06:32 PMHere's a video about the set from a guy I know:

He says they restored the two removed tracks (I didn't even know they were missing), but did they do anything to fix the broken scoring?
IMHO doubtful. I don't think they have the programming talent to pull that off. Be it inserting the translated bonus stages, or just buffing the players points.

Mathius

I received mine finally today. It's really been great to finally be able to play Dynastic Hero on real hardware, though I really need to get my Duo-R S-Video modded. My other modded consoles have spoiled me.

CGQuarterly

Maybe mine will be waiting for me when I get home.  But I doubt it.

Keith Courage

I've bought the initial pce memories box set and the disc for Sylphia showed up defective. It has weird little ripples in the disc. Anyone else have this problem with any of this guys discs? Seller sent me a replacement disc but that one also has a few weird ripples in it. Not as bad as the first but still there. I messaged him again. I hope he agrees to send me a new clean looking disc this time.

IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Keith Courage on 11/26/2014, 01:39 AMI've bought the initial pce memories box set and the disc for Sylphia showed up defective. It has weird little ripples in the disc. Anyone else have this problem with any of this guys discs? Seller sent me a replacement disc but that one also has a few weird ripples in it. Not as bad as the first but still there. I messaged him again. I hope he agrees to send me a new clean looking disc this time.
IMG
Mine has a weirdish mark but not anything different from other cds and dvds I've come across over the years. They all play fine.

I think I remember reading somewhere about these marks. I wanna say that discs that have these are fine and just look yucky. Could be wrong, though.
IMG

Keith Courage

He got back to me and said he will send me a new disc once he gets more just after Christmas. I'm satisfied with that. I can wait. All the other game discs look perfect.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Keith Courage on 11/26/2014, 01:39 AMI've bought the initial pce memories box set and the disc for Sylphia showed up defective. It has weird little ripples in the disc. Anyone else have this problem with any of this guys discs? Seller sent me a replacement disc but that one also has a few weird ripples in it. Not as bad as the first but still there. I messaged him again. I hope he agrees to send me a new clean looking disc this time.
IMG
Sending back the defective ones or raffling them off here?
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Keith Courage

The defective ones will not load the game so no sense in raffling them off. Unless you want a nice beer coaster.

Bernie

That is strange.  I wonder how many defects there were?

clackattack

Whoa bro, a rare batch of defects... could be valuable eventually  :twisted: :twisted:

Bernie

Got mine yesterday, but until I get my Duo from turbokon, I cannot play em.  Has anyone fired them up in their consoles?  It is looking like the TOCs match, because TurboRip and Magic Engine both see them as original games.  I do however seem to have issues with Magic Engine not seeing them as a correct game, just says it's a PCE CD.  Ootake did not have that issue.

Duo_R

this set is FANTASTIC....I didn't expect a full manual with these. Now all the artwork is different, but given that these aren't originals, I am ok with that. Much happier with the different look than when Saphires were created and difficult to tell apart.

The manuals are even different, and with the US versions, I like how the artwork was redone to look more like the JP releases (more artwork, less crappy borders).

I had a JP Dungeon Explorer II, but now I got a US version to play. And just loving this package. Can't say enough about how good it is. If you aren't into fakes, then stay away. Otherwise, this is fantastic.