OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

09.28.2013 - PCENGINEFX RADIO (updated 10.10.13)

Started by PCEngineFX, 09/28/2013, 10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

IMG

PCENGINEFX RADIO IS BACK!  This is a 24/7, cloud-hosted Shoutcast stream dedicated to giving you tunes from the PC-Engine, TurboGrafx-16, TurboDuo and PC-FX!

pcengine-fx.com, the pcengine-fx.com Forums and Pcenginefx Radio are all directly funded by YOUR support!  it is because of you that this resource is alive and kicking today.  To continue to support the site and Pcenginefx Radio, you can do any of the following:

OPTION 1: Click on forum banners
Don't feel like you have to go hog wild on clicking every banner you see, but if you click on a few each time you visit, this greatly helps!
OPTION 2: Paypal Donation
If you wish to make a more direct donation to the cause, you may send your donation to expired.

// HOW TO LISTEN //
*  Winamp, iTunes  https://us4.listen2myradio.com:2199/tunein/biineuoi.pls
*  Windows Media Player  https://us4.listen2myradio.com:2199/tunein/biineuoi.asx
*  Real Player  https://us4.listen2myradio.com:2199/tunein/biineuoi.ram
*  QuickTime  https://us4.listen2myradio.com:2199/tunein/biineuoi.qtl
*  Web Proxy  http://50.22.212.196/stream/biineuoi.pls

FOR iPAD/iPHONE USERS: Listen on your iDevice using the FREE Shoutcast App: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shoutcast-radio/id299647180?mt=8 (search for "PCENGINEFX RADIO" once app is running)

Stream is currently limited to 9 SIMULTANEOUS USERS.  Lastly, PLEASE leave feedback if you like the show!

// SPECIAL PROGRAMMING //
IMG
Falcom Hour - One solid hour of only the BEST from Falcom's Ys series!
Showtimes: Daily at 12PM & 7PM PST

// CURRENT PLAYLIST as of 10.1.13 //
Air Zonk
Alien Crush
Battle Heat
Blazing Lazers
Bloody Wolf
Bomberman < Added 10.1.13
Bomberman OST
Bonk 3
Bonk's Revenge
Cadash
Cosmic Fantasy 2
Cotton
Devil's Crush < Added 10.1.13
Dracula X
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Spirit
Dungeon Explorer II
Exile
Exile 2
Falcom JDK Band 2
Fatal Fury Special
Fighting Street
Final Soldier
Forgotten Worlds
Gate of Thunder
Gate of Thunder 3-in-1
Jackie Chan Action Kung Fu
Kabuki Itouryodan
Keith Courage in Alpha Zones < Added 10.1.13
Last Alert
The Legend of Xanadu Arrange Album KLEENE
The Legendary Axe II
Lords of Thunder
Magical Chase
Motteke Tamago
Neo Nectaris
Parasol Stars  < Added 10.1.13
Parodius Da
Sapphire
Shadow of the Beast
Shape Shifter
Silent Debuggers  < Added 10.1.13
Soldier Blade
Star Parodia
Street Fighter II
Strider
Super Star Soldier
Terraforming
Valis II
Valis III
Ys I&II
Ys III
Ys VII
Ys SPECIAL COLLECTION
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

roflmao

Woo hoo! I'll check it out later after I've put the kiddo to bed.

roflmao

This station is awesome.  I've always wanted a pure tg/pce radio station and this is it.  Special thanks for not including lots of j-pop (I like j-pop also, but usually I'm just looking for an obey fix).

MotherGunner

Listening now, I like it.  Do you plan to display titles during each song change?
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

roflmao

I use MediaMonkey to listen to the stream and it updates the track info.

PCEngineFX

Adding even more songs now (will update original post here in a few).

Song titles seem to only show up right now fine using WinAmp (it is a Shoutcast server).  Not sure yet if I can get song titles to show up using other players yet.

I'm testing it on my end using the free iPad shoutcast app and it doesn't show song titles (boo).
IMG
IMG

MotherGunner

Ah perfect.  I have a WinAmp license so will switch.  I was using WMP.

Edit:  Confirmed.  Works great!  Thanks Aaron for doing this.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

esteban

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 09/29/2013, 01:50 AMAdding even more songs now (will update original post here in a few).

Song titles seem to only show up right now fine using WinAmp (it is a Shoutcast server).  Not sure yet if I can get song titles to show up using other players yet.

I'm testing it on my end using the free iPad shoutcast app and it doesn't show song titles (boo).
BLAST FROM THE PAST! I can't believe I used to take pcefx radio for granted a million years ago.  :pcgs:

I'm glad it is back, Aaron. IMG  :pcgs: IMG

iPad/iPhone users: Artist info is displayed for me... I'm using FStream (an old iPhone-only app that I like, using it for years and years, but I'm willing to try suggestions, especially for a universal app):

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

retroguy

Listening now. It works great with VLC. I think I found my new favorite radio station.
I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.

munchiaz

JoshTurboTrollX

very VERY cool Aaron!!  Thanks for this!

Any chance if this hits the 9 user limit that we would be able to help out with the costs?
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Arjak

He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

turboswimbz

Excellent!!!  Thanks!

Clicking as many banners as possible.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

PCEngineFX

IMG

I'm streaming the show from my Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone via Bluetooth to my car, which shows the song data  :dance:

So the show as it sits right now costs me $75/year for 10 listener slots+96 kbps+5GB Cloud Storage.  I'm not even hitting 1GB yet with all of the MP3's I've uploaded so far (I'm up to 11.5 hours worth of music), and 96 kbps sounds pretty damn good (even in my car).  I can of course up the bitrate and or users at anytime for additional cost:

10 listener slots+96kbps+5GB Cloud Storage: $75/year < current
25 listener slots+96kbps+5GB Cloud Storage: $186/year

If we change the bandwidth just to see the price difference:

10 listener slots+128kbps+5GB Cloud Storage: $90/year
25 listener slots+128kbps+5GB Cloud Storage: $225/year
IMG
IMG

futureman2000

Awesome! I've been looking for something like this for a long time!

PCEngineFX

If anyone has any requests for NEC Console music not on the show, please let me know ASAP.

Also, I'm toying with the idea of having a day of the week JUST for playing JDK/Falcom music all day.  Yay? Nay?
IMG
IMG

roflmao

I would love to hear the following games added -

HuCards:
After Burner
Devil's Crush
Double Dungeons
Dungeon Explorer
Outrun
Soldier Blade

CD:
Riot Zone/Crest of Wolf
Sapphire
Spriggan

And I'd be totally down for a single day / single developer hoopla!

esteban

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 09/29/2013, 10:23 PMIf anyone has any requests for NEC Console music not on the show, please let me know ASAP.

Also, I'm toying with the idea of having a day of the week JUST for playing JDK/Falcom music all day.  Yay? Nay?
You can't go wrong with an all-Falcom/JDK day.

I heard a track from Bloody Wolf the other day and I was happy.

I request Gomola Speed and Timeball/Blodia if they aren't already in the mix.

FANTASY: unleashing all the PSG tunes that are found in the CD-ROM games. I don't think anyone has really done this (beyond a handful of games). So, basically, I'm asking for a miracle  :pcgs:

NecroPhile

Fark yeah!  I'm so happy to see the radio return, and who'd say no to a special day for Falcom tunes?!?  :dance:

+1 on Riot Zone music, and I'd also like to request some songs from Beyond Shadowgate and Gotzendiener.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

geise

Very Awesome!  Thanks for bringing this back!  Very much appreciated.  City Hunter has some nice music that I would love to have added.

Psycho Punch

Whear's the Double Dragon II redbook music?!?
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: turboswimbz on 09/29/2013, 01:17 PMExcellent!!!  Thanks!

Is there a limit on how many times banners can be clicked?  I know Google is sensitive to banners being spam clicked and it could possible mean AdSense being revoked if abused.  Just curious.  It's been a while since I used AdSense.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

PCEngineFX

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 09/30/2013, 11:59 AM
Quote from: turboswimbz on 09/29/2013, 01:17 PMExcellent!!!  Thanks!

Is there a limit on how many times banners can be clicked?  I know Google is sensitive to banners being spam clicked and it could possible mean AdSense being revoked if abused.  Just curious.  It's been a while since I used AdSense.
I think it will have to be MUCH higher than what I'm getting right now to even appear on their radar.  Feel free to click on the banners as much as you want - I'll let everyone know if it becomes an issue.
IMG
IMG

PCEngineFX

So I just set up a "Falcom Radio Hour" which will currently play each evening at 7PM PST (8pm MDT / 10pm CDT / 11pm EDT; for listeners outside of the US, please use this TimeZone converter: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html).

To do a full-day of programming will take a bunch of work to set up, so may just limit it to scheduled radio hours.  Show should start airing tomorrow (10/1/13).

I'll also see if I can get everyone's requests ripped and added to regular programming ASAP.
IMG
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

I like it. 

Are the little "Stay tuned to PCEFX radio" snips required?

I'd rather the music just keep going without interruptions, no matter how tiny. 
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PCEngineFX

Quote from: guest on 09/30/2013, 06:55 PMI like it. 

Are the little "Stay tuned to PCEFX radio" snips required?

I'd rather the music just keep going without interruptions, no matter how tiny. 
Aww man............I like my StationID clips.... in fact I was going to make more of them but in a funny TurboGrafx-related way.....

I currently play a StationID file every 3 songs.  I can of course space them out longer if people think it is too frequent.
IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

I like 'em, and would like to hear a couple new ones done in OBEYable character's voices (maybe Zonk and Rolfee?).  :mrgreen:

roflmao

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 09/30/2013, 07:39 PMAww man............I like my StationID clips.... in fact I was going to make more of them but in a funny TurboGrafx-related way.....

I currently play a StationID file every 3 songs.  I can of course space them out longer if people think it is too frequent.
Its not that they're too frequent or anything really.  I'm just one of those people that doesn't like pauses between songs. 

When my iPod battery dies in the car, it's mostly me swearing at the radio, telling the people to talk less, play more!  :D

I'd crack up if you had ones that sound like Bonk though.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PCEngineFX

I can do very good imitations of the characters from Exile and Last Alert, so I'll most likely be starting there :)

BTW the Falcom hour won't be starting up tonight as planned due to other obligations.
IMG
IMG

esteban

REQUEST:  :pcgs: Monster Maker (all the tracks are great) and throw in:

https://junk.tg-16.com/audio/Ganbare_Golf_Boys/Ganbare_Golf_Boys_%28Track_1%29.mp3 https://junk.tg-16.com/audio/Ganbare_Golf_Boys/Ganbare_Golf_Boys_%28Track_2%29.mp3
Quote from: Pcenginefx on 10/01/2013, 12:17 PMI can do very good imitations of the characters from Exile and Last Alert, so I'll most likely be starting there :)
Hahhahahaahaha! For the station ID's, make 'em a little louder, and perhaps add at least 2+ seconds of lead-in/lead-out (IMHO, this makes the transition from music --> ID less abrupt and creates a more enjoyable experience).

QuoteBTW the Falcom hour won't be starting up tonight as planned due to other obligations.
We forgive you  :pcgs:

Psycho Punch

I remember downloading a zip file with Last Alert dialog imitations... was that you Aaron? I hope it was because it was pretty funny :)
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

PCEngineFX

Quote from: guest on 10/01/2013, 03:30 PMI remember downloading a zip file with Last Alert dialog imitations... was that you Aaron? I hope it was because it was pretty funny :)
Yep, that sure was me. ;)  I also did a pre-recorded radio show interview between myself and "Sadler" from Exile..not sure if I ever made that available online.

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/main/dls/FeaturesArchive/LastAlertDub.zip
IMG
IMG

PCEngineFX

Just a side note, all of the music from the show is recorded directly from real consoles & games.  Nothing has been recorded using emulation (photo below of my current high-tech setup)

lost: s24.postimg .cc/ugp2r7ik5/WP_20131001_002.jpg

Songs added as of 10.1.13:
Bomberman
Devil's Crush
Keith Courage in Alpha Zones
Parasol Stars
Riot Zone
Silent Debuggers
IMG
IMG

roflmao

esteban

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 10/02/2013, 02:43 AMJust a side note, all of the music from the show is recorded directly from real consoles & games.  Nothing has been recorded using emulation (photo below of my current high-tech setup)

s24.postimg .cc/ugp2r7ik5/WP_20131001_002.jpg

Songs added as of 10.1.13:
Bomberman
Devil's Crush
Keith Courage in Alpha Zones
Parasol Stars
Riot Zone
Silent Debuggers
That's awesome. I did this with analog gear in the 90's, on tape, but my recordings were never as clear and as warm as yours.  :pcgs:

PCEngineFX

So all songs before 10.1.13 were the originals that I recorded back when the show was online....oh so many years ago.

The songs I just put up for the 10.1.13 update are "state of the art".  After recording the TurboChip tracks, I not only normalized them for proper volume levels, but cleaned them up by removing the background track noise you get with TurboChip music, as well as corrected the left & right stereo channels to be properly balanced.
IMG
IMG

SuperPlay

esteban

PunkCryborg

Listening to it this morning! Great so far, thanks a lot!

Mathius

I'm rockin' out right now! Thanks Aaron. No PCFX radio show is complete without the legendary Dungeon Explorer. Those chiptunes are without a doubt my fave on the console.

PCEngineFX

Quote from: Mathius on 10/05/2013, 08:57 PMI'm rockin' out right now! Thanks Aaron. No PCFX radio show is complete without the legendary Dungeon Explorer. Those chiptunes are without a doubt my fave on the console.
No problem!  I've been listening to it as well pretty much every day in my car on the way to work and it has brought back many good memories of playing the console when I was young.  I still have more to add (as well as tweaks) to the show, so it isn't done yet.
IMG
IMG

retrocalypse

Absolutely LOVE it. I've been hoping for a PCE only station as I play classic video game music in my store from open to close. Could you give me a link to donate to the cause? I'd like to stream this a few times a week to mix things up and I'd love to be able to contribute to the station's success.

PCEngineFX

Quote from: retrocalypse on 10/08/2013, 08:51 PMAbsolutely LOVE it. I've been hoping for a PCE only station as I play classic video game music in my store from open to close. Could you give me a link to donate to the cause? I'd like to stream this a few times a week to mix things up and I'd love to be able to contribute to the station's success.
Too bad your store isn't in Seattle :(  I'd for sure go visit it!

If you (or anyone) wish to donate to the cause beyond clicking on the ads found on this site, you can PayPal me at pcefx@pcengine-fx.com.  I currently support the site via ad revenue from this forum, as well as the tiny fraction I get from my YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/pcenginefx), but anything extra sent my way is very much appreciated.
IMG
IMG

PCEngineFX

Original post updated with tweaked layout, donation/support info, and most importantly times for the new FALCOM HOUR show!
IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Woot!  Falcom right after lunch for me!  :dance:

P.S. - If you're ever looking to do another special hour: T's Music.  :mrgreen:

PCEngineFX

Please let me know if anyone would like a different time schedule for the Falcom Hour show.  I just chose two random times during the day.  If anything, I might move the 12pm show to 11am or 10am PST, but just let me know.

PS: Also, some of the tracks end abruptly on purpose.  JDK liked to do that for a few songs.
IMG
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 10/11/2013, 03:32 PMPlease let me know if anyone would like a different time schedule for the Falcom Hour show.  I just chose two random times during the day.  If anything, I might move the 12pm show to 11am or 10am PST, but just let me know.

PS: Also, some of the tracks end abruptly on purpose.  JDK liked to do that for a few songs.
Not to repeat myself, but I like the idea of themed shows.

Being the sad, silly person I am, it might be nice if you (we) created playlists for other themes.

For example:

(1) The End: an hour of "Game Over" jingles. Oh, I suppose we could be gentler and include credit roll tunes. Or maybe just credit roll tunes.

(2) Cavern/Underground Maze Tunes: self-explanatory. NOTE: my favorite tunes, usually

(3) Egyptian-themed Stage Music: it might be difficult to fill an entire hour if we limit ourselves to PCE.

(4) Snow/Ice Stage Tunes: A favorite in the Esteban household.

(5) Ominous Tunes from the Abyss: the soundtrack that plays when you are standing on the precipice of a eternally black chasm. You stare down. Try as you might, you can't look away.

(6) ???

(7) MINIMALISM MUSICALISM: I like the bare-bones stuff. But an hour of it? Sure, why not? Veigues has some decent tunes, some if which are minimalistic (boss tune!)

(8) HEAVY ON THE PERCUSSION. Phil Collins was a drummer. I think. Anyway, he inspired this one.

(9) HIGH SCORE INITIALS: you get the idea. Alien Crush and Devil's Crush, for example, have excellent high score tunes.

I will stop now...

Psycho Punch

Will you put Double Dragon 2 if I donate?  [-o&lt;