@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Ys IV - Fully Edited Playthrough in English

Started by OldTurboBastard, 01/27/2018, 10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldTurboBastard

First off, I hope you will forgive my shameless plug, having not been too active here in last few years, but if anyone will appreciate this, they will be among us here!

Secondly, credit to Nightwolve and Burnt Lasagna for providing the awesome English patch!! Link below for due credit.
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=13136.0

So,now why i'm posting.... I have recently gotten back on a turbografx kick and started rebuilding a TG16/PCE collection...to cut a long story short, I recently played through Ys IV and made an EDITED playthrough, cutting out all the long travels and grinding, it is purely events in the game, cutscenes, bosses, item finds, useful town conversations. It's best summed up by "No wandering (hey, it's not Ys III) and no grinding"...and thanks to the awesome patch from those credited above, it is in English.

I hope you will enjoy, all 4 episodes now complete.  Next project will be book 1 and 2! Can't start doing Ys videos without including the granddaddy.

Episode 1/4
Episode 2/4
Episode 3/4
Episode 4/4
Just want to say this game has a FANTASTIC ending..SPOILERS of course if you are going to watch, but for the era you could not ask for a better ending, heck any era!
"I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - hedberg

esteban

I think a bunch of folks will appreciate these videos (and any future ones you put together).

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

OldTurboBastard

Quote from: esteban on 01/27/2018, 10:32 AMI think a bunch of folks will appreciate these videos (and any future ones you put together).

Thank you very much sir, appreciate the kind words and the motivation :-)
"I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - hedberg

OldTurboBastard

Episode 3 and 4 posted in original post

Quote from: OldTurboBastard on 01/27/2018, 10:14 AMEpisode 1/4
Episode 2/4
Episode 3/4
Episode 4/4