10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Happy Valentines Day!

Started by OceanBlueKirby, 02/14/2008, 01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OceanBlueKirby

Roses are red,
violets are blue,
the TurboGrafx-16 is awesome,
and so are the games!

I hope that each of the members here have a wonderful Valentine's Day. Even if your gift to your loved one is not yet purchased, you still have time to buy and bring one. For all of you, since Nat was expecting these from me, I give you a box of chocolates for your delight!

IMG

Enjoy :)!
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

Seldane

Valentine's Day is for uncreative doods. Why give a gift to your loved one on this particular day? I haven't even mentioned it to mine. Why not be interesting and do it some other, individually special day, or even once every week (or various random days)?

This commercial day needs to be banned (kind of like myself).
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

NecroPhile

It's too late now, but these are the perfect gift for a gamer girlfriend (a rare beast).  Happy Hallmark holiday to whoever gives a shit.  Tomorrow's even worse - 'Random Acts of Kindness Day'.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Sinistron

some of my girlfriend's tastes have developed straight out of my turbografx love.  For instance- last Christmas among her gifts were Doraemon slippers and a Doraemon doll.  She loves them- doesn't walk around the apartment without the slippers on.  If I could find something with Bubby and Bobby in human form she'd eat that shit up too.  :D
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

Kitsunexus

Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

OldTurboBastard

Quote from: Seldane on 02/14/2008, 01:49 PMValentine's Day is for uncreative doods. Why give a gift to your loved one on this particular day? I haven't even mentioned it to mine.
I'm curious to see how she reacts to that   :-k - although I agree with your statement. I remember my first V-day as a married man in line at the florist with all the other beaten men - it was sad and defeating!!
"I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - hedberg

Hobo Xiphas

Quote from: Seldane on 02/14/2008, 01:49 PMValentine's Day is for uncreative doods. Why give a gift to your loved one on this particular day?
That's logic.  Logic doesn't apply to Valentine's Day.  Participate or face the wrath of the female majority.

OldRover

Neither my wife nor I give two shits about this day. We worked as usual all day long, and laughed at all the sorry suckers out there who fall for this bullshit year after year. I love February 14th. :D
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

TR0N

No offense just another day on the calendar to me.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Kitsunexus

Quote from: OldRover on 02/14/2008, 10:08 PMNeither my wife nor I give two shits about this day. We worked as usual all day long, and laughed at all the sorry suckers out there who fall for this bullshit year after year. I love February 14th. :D
Congratulations!  =D>

MissaFX

Quote from: Crystal Xiphas on 02/14/2008, 08:17 PMThat's logic.  Logic doesn't apply to Valentine's Day.  Participate or face the wrath of the female majority.
So very true :D
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

OceanBlueKirby

It seems that there are a bunch of users who dislike Valentine's Day, for whatever reason that would be from having too many heartbreaks to being a nuisance. I've came up with a poem that would suit these individuals:

Valentine's Day, oh Valentine's Day.
I curse you for all the hatred that you bring,
for all the pain that you sing,
and for all the taunting mushiness that you ring.
No enjoyment is such a thing!

Cupid deserves to burn in hell.
Chocolates give me stomachaches,
The flowers die off eventually,
And for the kisses and hugs,
Sometimes with cards,
They'll all be forgotten, too.
It's not worth it either way.

Valentine's Day, oh Valetines Day
At least you only last for a single one.
That is the one thing
Making me sleep well.

It seems that actually a lot of people I've seen online don't care about this day, but it is a celebration of love, and it is a good holiday to me either way (especially if it comes with chocolates and stuffed animals :D). In fact, it's been a pretty good day to get married here in Las Vegas, as the wedding chapels were pretty busy as I've heard on the news.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

nat

Did you take the time to get married today, too?

Keranu

Las Vegas: The City of Love
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 02/15/2008, 12:22 AMIt seems that there are a bunch of users who dislike Valentine's Day, for whatever reason that would be from having too many heartbreaks to being a nuisance. I've came up with a poem that would suit these individuals:

I curse you for all the hatred that you bring,
for all the pain that you sing,
and for all the taunting mushiness that you ring.
No enjoyment is such a thing!

Cupid deserves to burn in hell.
Chocolates give me stomachaches,
The flowers die off eventually,
And for the kisses and hugs,
Sometimes with cards,
They'll all be forgotten, too.
It's not worth it either way.

Valentine's Day, oh Valetines Day
At least you only last for a single one.
That is the one thing
Making me sleep well.

It seems that actually a lot of people I've seen online don't care about this day, but it is a celebration of love, and it is a good holiday to me either way (especially if it comes with chocolates and stuffed animals :D). In fact, it's been a pretty good day to get married here in Las Vegas, as the wedding chapels were pretty busy as I've heard on the news.
Well we now know what Mr. Thompson meant by Fear and Loathing...

Hobo Xiphas

Quote from: Keranu on 02/15/2008, 12:38 AMLas Vegas: The City of Love
Well, it certainly isn't the Biggest Little City in the World.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Crystal Xiphas on 02/15/2008, 12:43 AMWell, it certainly isn't the Biggest Little City in the World.
Wouldn't that be the SeaMonkey castle?

OldRover

Valentine's Day is a commercial holiday located approximately halfway between Christmas and Easter. It's a necessary event to keep retail sales up during the off-season. That's one of the reasons I don't celebrate it. The other one is the lame-ass reasons people give FOR celebrating it..."it's a day to celebrate your love for somebody!". Well shit, if you need a holiday reminder to NOT BE A FUCKING JACKASS TOWARDS YOUR PARTNER, you've got bigger problems to deal with. And besides, all the stupid bullshit people do on February 14th...my wife and I do this kind of stuff for each other almost every day of the year. We don't need a moronic commercial holiday to tell us how or when to do it, and we're not going to do it just because it's 'expected of us'. It loses all meaning if you do these things just because it's a social norm.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Hobo Xiphas

I understand what you and Seldane are saying, but there is no need to get all RAGE AGAINST THE CORPORATE MACHINE about it.

Or do you do this with Christmas, Native American Day, and Casimir Pulaski Day too?

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Crystal Xiphas on 02/15/2008, 12:53 AMRAGE AGAINST THE CORPORATE MACHINE
That would be the perfect name for a Top 40 pop group.

Keranu

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 02/15/2008, 12:45 AM
Quote from: Crystal Xiphas on 02/15/2008, 12:43 AMWell, it certainly isn't the Biggest Little City in the World.
Wouldn't that be the SeaMonkey castle?
Reno!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: nat on 02/15/2008, 12:37 AMDid you take the time to get married today, too?
ME? GET MARRIED :P? No. I'm too young to do so right now, anyway.

Quote from: Crystal Xiphas on 02/15/2008, 12:43 AM
Quote from: Keranu on 02/15/2008, 12:38 AMLas Vegas: The City of Love
Well, it certainly isn't the Biggest Little City in the World.
Actually, Las Vegas is typically known as Sin City. We used to have a more family-friendly environment with more theme parks and kid-friendly activities, but a large sum of money was lost and not enough of it was gained from them, so it had to return to being Sin City again. With the large amount of growth we've been dealing with, some folks had worried in past years that it could become another Los Angelos.

Don't forget, too, that President's Day is on Monday, so be sure to enjoy the day off of work and school, and celebrate it any way you do :)!

NecroPhile

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 02/15/2008, 03:29 PMDon't forget, too, that President's Day is on Monday, so be sure to enjoy the day off of work and school, and celebrate it any way you do :)!
Bah, humbug!  I'll be working on Monday, as I'm not a teacher, banker, or government employee.  To those who do get it off: screw you!  :P

MissaFX

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 02/15/2008, 03:29 PMActually, Las Vegas is typically known as Sin City.
5 cent video poker and dollar import beers in copious supply make Missa happy, badly!

Although my heart really belongs to Reno, I prefer the less flashy atmosphere, cheaper prices.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer

nat

Quote from: guest on 02/15/2008, 03:37 PMBah, humbug!  I'll be working on Monday, as I'm not a teacher, banker, or government employee.  To those who do get it off: screw you!  :P
Yeah, that day is a joke, along with 95% of the other holidays during the year. Just another excuse to let the fucking mail back up.

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 02/15/2008, 03:29 PMME? GET MARRIED :P? No. I'm too young to do so right now, anyway.
Nonsense, you're what, 19? I've known tons  of people younger than you to have gotten married.

All kidding aside though, I agree about waiting on marriage until you're older. Most 19 and 20 year olds I know that have gotten married got divorced within a few years, sometimes less.

MissaFX

Quote from: nat on 02/15/2008, 03:44 PMNonsense, you're what, 19? I've known tons  of people younger than you to have gotten married.
IMG
Valdius tribute post

Hobo Xiphas

Quote from: nat on 02/15/2008, 03:44 PMYeah, that day is a joke, along with 95% of the other holidays during the year. Just another excuse to let the fucking mail back up.
We take Lincoln's Birthday very seriously out here, thank you very much.

nat

I take your mom very seriously. Doesn't mean I get to take a day off work to do so.

Kitsunexus

Who wants to get married? It's a bunch of sharing and caring and all that hippy shit, plus it means extra responsibility and comittment, and also NOW YOU HAVE TO SPEND YOUR MONEY ON SOMEONE ELSE AS WELL.

Fuck that noise. I was born single, I'm living single, I WILL DIE SINGLE.

I never thought I would quote Jay-Z, but  it you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one.  :dance:

Joe Redifer

Sorry, but society demands you get married.  If you don't, society might think you're a gay homosexual.

Turbo D

turbo D spent Valentines day playing Call of Duty 4  8) He also spent the days before Valentines day doing that. Btw, that kirby poem sounded like it went to the tune of "Oh Christmas tree" lol  :P
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

OldRover

I'm married...sort of...but it's by choice, not by social norms. Fuck what society thinks.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: turbo Dturbo D spent Valentines day playing Call of Duty 4
He did?  He's crazy.  Say "Hi" to him for me.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/15/2008, 08:01 PMSorry, but society demands you get married.  If you don't, society might think you're a gay homosexual.
Does that mean straight?

What about a lesbian trapped in a man's body?  :-k

Joe Redifer

If a lesbian is "trapped" in a man's body, then that means that man wishes he didn't have a penis.

guyjin

or that he really likes fish tacos.  :-#

Joe Redifer

No, I'm pretty sure he hates being a male if he is "trapped" in a man's body.  He wants desperately to be a woman and have a pussy.  He'll probably get his penis filleted into a vagina soon enough.  But a lesbian trapped in a man's body is just a pre-op transsexual.

Seldane

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/15/2008, 08:01 PMSorry, but society demands you get married.  If you don't, society might think you're a gay homosexual.
Really? So it's true? I always thought this stuff about doods worrying about not being married and shit in EVERY (American) tv-show and movie ever was just some cliche that MUST be talked about in every movie or tv-show......not in reality. I guess I was wrong.

Quote from: Crystal Xiphas on 02/15/2008, 12:53 AMI understand what you and Seldane are saying, but there is no need to get all RAGE AGAINST THE CORPORATE MACHINE about it.

Or do you do this with Christmas, Native American Day, and Casimir Pulaski Day too?
Of course there's need for it. The corporate machine sucks. A lot! It must be criticised at every possible chance you get! Down with everything!!!!!
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

I don't give a rat's arse about Valentines Day, it's just a day where lot's of people, try to get into other people's pants.  And the corp's exploit that, just more money to waste.  With that being said, I'm married, & it's because I wanted to be.  Not only do I not want to be alone, but, I want to have someone to love me, & for me to love.  I can't imagine living my entire life single, & am extremely grateful that God blessed me with a wonderful wife, especially because, I thought I'd never find anyone.  I'm a very shy person, it's hard for me to make friends, atleast, close friends, since I never know what to talk about with people.  But, Jehovah blessed me with someone that I feel I needed(& still need) in my life.  She also feels that I am needed in her life.  We both have improved the quality of our lives, thanks to eachother, & Jehovah helping us get together.

What's wierd, is that, before we started dating, I didn't really know her.  But, I remember when she moved into our area, that I had a slight crush on her, as I thought she was particularly cute when she was working at a movie theater.  Someone even told her I was interested in her.  But, we never did anything about it.  Then, probably about 5 years later, we got to get to know eachother, & things blossomed from there.
IMG

OldRover

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 02/16/2008, 04:50 PMit's just a day where lot's of people, try to get into other people's pants.
Well, I certainly have absolutely no problem with this aspect of the "holiday". :D

ParanoiaDragon

I know, I'm just one of the few that doesn't care too much about sex, it takes too long & it's messy.  Not that I don't get horny, I do, I'm human, but, the whole Valentines thing to me is ridiculous, but even more so thanks to the commercial aspect of it all.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 02/17/2008, 02:31 AMI know, I'm just one of the few that doesn't care too much about sex, it takes too long & it's messy.  Not that I don't get horny, I do
Exactly. The only sex I want is with my hand.

Seldane

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 02/16/2008, 04:50 PMam extremely grateful that God blessed me with a wonderful wife
I never thought I would use this lame phrase... but here it goes: I lol'd. :D

No offense dood, but still... =;
IMG

OldRover

Quote from: Seldane on 02/17/2008, 10:18 AMI never thought I would use this lame phrase... but here it goes: I lol'd. :D

No offense dood, but still... =;
Many Christians give praise to God for their good fortune. Some also blame the devil for their misfortune. Some pagans equate The Fates to both good and bad fortune. Satanists usually use the phrase 'Hail Satan' when something goes right, giving praise to themselves. It's just what people do. It may seem silly to some, but it's not really something to ridicule people about.

Seldane

Sorry dood, I've just never seen a real person "say" something like that. I thought they only did it on bad tv. This thread is full of culture shocks for me. :P
IMG

OldRover

ParanoiaDragon

Ofcoarse, there's no way I can know for 100% certainty that God gave me my wife.  It's not like a giant hand came out of heaven with a woman in it, & placed her on the ground next to me, & said "here's your wife to be".  But, just various circumstances back then seem like she was almost given to me in a way.  But, I personally don't believe in miracles, I don't think that Jehovah goes around creating miraculous things for people, but, I do believe that he helps in various situations.  But, once again, it's not like there's a giant flashing neon sign saying that you were helped by God. :D
IMG

guyjin

because there is no god.  :twisted:

Hobo Xiphas

This thread is really depressing to read.

I thought no one could out-nihilism me, but well, this thread sure proves me wrong a hundred fold!