OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Which of those following Lynx games are..

Started by Tatsujin, 05/07/2010, 12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatsujin

..must haves or at least must have been played?

APB Atari Lynx NEW 10
Bastketbrawl Atari Lynx NEW 8
Battlewheels Atari Lynx NEW 15
Bill & teds Excellent Adventure Atari Lynx NEW 6
Chips challenge Atari Lynx NEW 6
Crystal Mines 2 Atari lynx 6
Dirty larry Atari Lynx NEW 8
Dracula Atari Lynx NEW 20
Gates of Zendocon Atari Lynx NEW 10
Hydra Atari Lynx NEW 5
Ishido Atari Lynx NEW 5
Jimmy conners Tennis Atari Lynx NEW 8
Joust Atari Lynx NEW 19
Klax Atari Lynx NEW 9
kung food atari lynx NEW 8
Malibu Bikini Volleyball Atari Lynx NEW 8
Ninja Gaiden 3 Atari Lynx NEW 15
Paperboy Atari Lynx NEW 10
Pitfighter Atari Lynx NEW 6
Power factor Atari Lynx NEW 7
Rampart Atari Lynx NEW 6
RoboSquash Atari Lynx NEW 10
ROBOTRON 2084 Atari Lynx NEW 10
Shadow of the beast Atari Lynx NEW 10
Shanghai Atari Lynx NEW 10
Steel talons Atari lynx NEW 6
Stunrunner Atari Lynx NEW 10
Switchblade 2 Atari Lynx NEW 13
Todd's Adventures in Slime World Atari Lynx NEW 10
Toki Atari Lynx NEW 19
TOURNAMENT CYBERBALL Atari Lynx NEW 5
Turbo Sub Atari Lynx NEW 10
Viking child Atari Lynx NEW 10
XYBOTS Atari Lynx NEW 6
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

nat

Oddly enough, I don't think I have a single one of those Lynx games. That said, the Lynx is one cool little system. I remember seeing ads for it in magazines back in the day alongside the Turbo. Unlike the Turbo, I didn't get one until I was an adult.

rag-time4

I'm gonna vote for Bill & Ted's just because

Tatsujin

lol.. :)

I had a lynx at its very start ('89), since my mother worked at a department store and therefore had 30% on most of the goods. technically it was a very impressive piece of portable hardware but lacked in good games. but there where few goodies for sure :)

that said, california game is probably still the most funny game on the system and the best version of it ever produced.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

termis

I've never tried the lynx, but looking at those titles, it seems like it's got some quality games -- APB, Toki, Hydra, Paperboy, Rampart, Stun Runner, Xybots were all good really good stuff in the arcades.  I recall being pretty impressed by the pics of Blue Lightning as well - an After Burner clone.

Joe Redifer

Did anyone here get that new Air Zonk-ish shooter for the Lynx that came out recently?

ccovell

These are all quite playable:

APB Atari Lynx NEW 10
Chips challenge Atari Lynx NEW 6
Joust Atari Lynx NEW 19
Ninja Gaiden 3 Atari Lynx NEW 15
Rampart Atari Lynx NEW 6
RoboSquash Atari Lynx NEW 10
ROBOTRON 2084 Atari Lynx NEW 10
Shadow of the beast Atari Lynx NEW 10
Shanghai Atari Lynx NEW 10
Stunrunner Atari Lynx NEW 10
Todd's Adventures in Slime World Atari Lynx NEW 10
Toki Atari Lynx NEW 19

While these may not be for everyone but have fantastic music (compared to the average on the Lynx which is 1 step above shit.)
All of these have music by Paul Tonge; that's why they're good.

Dracula Atari Lynx NEW 20
Malibu Bikini Volleyball Atari Lynx NEW 8
Jimmy conners Tennis Atari Lynx NEW 8

Joe Redifer

I don't think that Blue Lightning Atari Lynx NEW 120 is a clone of After Burner Arcade NEW 1000.  They are completely different games other than that you fly an airplane.  In fact I think I even prefer After Burner III Sega CD NEW 10 over Blue Lightning Jaguar CD NEW -100 any day of the week.  God, that was a horrible game.  Even the music was shitty! After Burner III Sega CD NEW 10 has good music, but the lousy horn section needs to go away.

But you guys really should check out Zaku Atari Lynx NEW 40.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/07/2010, 02:51 AMDid anyone here get that new Air Zonk-ish shooter for the Lynx that came out recently?
no, but I played it fairly extensively at the CCAG show where they debuted the first public copy.

I got pretty far into it.   It was kind of easy/slow going if you're used to play Lords of Thunder and shit on hard.

anyway, Shadow of the BEAST for lynx aint bad, and Toki, and Kung Food.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

jperryss

I owned a Lynx II briefly about 2 years ago (package deal with a TE) with about a dozen games. Played it very little, had a hard time with the screen, eBay'd it.