10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

What do you depise AT THIS MOMENT, literally....

Started by esteban, 08/29/2013, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNKyDeth

Creative audio cards. For how popular Linux has become there is still no support from this company to get proper drivers into Linux.

I mean I love creative audio chip products. The sound quality for me has always been good on windows based computers. But, every time I go to Linux I just have to deal with it.

Guess I am off to newegg for a proper sound card since creative can't get their act together.

wildfruit

Quote from: guest on 05/04/2015, 10:44 AMAnitbiotics that screw up your gut biome and stick you on the toilet for a couple days, ughuuuuuuuu.
I have the opposite problem.

pc_kwajalein

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 05/04/2015, 11:12 AM
Quote from: pc_kwajalein on 04/27/2015, 09:06 AM
Quote from: CGQuarterly on 04/26/2015, 09:50 PMI feel like you must not be married.
No kids either. Its pretty damn sweet.
I don't have any kids, either.  But at my age, I can't imagine not being married.  I'm too old to be out on the dating scene.  I got lucky and met my wife when we were in college, though...
Seriously, I'm happy for you, bro. I'm 38 ATM and marriage just seems like such a HUGE deal to me. Maybe I'm over-thinking the steps that are involved. Selling my condo. Moving in with her. The wedding. The honeymoon. House shopping with my GF. Am I over-thinking the whole thing? Married guys help me out here. lol

QuotePeople who put a make offer button on ebay and then refuse reasonable offers.
Guy had an uncommon Japanese naval history book I wanted. It normally goes for about $75. His Ebay page lists the bidding price at $95. The auction winds down to about a day and some change. I offer $80. He rejects it. Auctions ends with me having no book, and him having no money. Grrrr.
My past-life would've surely led to our demise, and I had left it not a moment too soon. Our escape, though dangerous, had gone well. The train ride, sunlight, and passing snow-covered pine trees came together in a flickering show of our bright, new future together. Her head rested on my shoulder as she soundly slept to the gentle rocking of the passenger car. We felt freedom. We felt peace.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: guest on 05/04/2015, 10:44 AMAnitbiotics that screw up your gut biome and stick you on the toilet for a couple days, ughuuuuuuuu.
Had that recently following a root canal. Granted, I didn't give up drinking for it.

Quote from: pc_kwajalein on 05/07/2015, 04:55 PMSeriously, I'm happy for you, bro. I'm 38 ATM and marriage just seems like such a HUGE deal to me. Maybe I'm over-thinking the steps that are involved. Selling my condo. Moving in with her. The wedding. The honeymoon. House shopping with my GF. Am I over-thinking the whole thing? Married guys help me out here. lol
Meh, it's not so bad. For one, you can have her move into your condo. I say skip the wedding and elope. I wish I had. If it were not for her parents paying for the whole thing and a guaranteed 5 figure addition to the bank account afterward from charitable guests, I would have adamantly refused. We could have easily taken but a fraction of the money that was spent on the wedding could have had a nicer honeymoon.

Speaking of which, honeymoons are awesome. Get away from it all. Have lots of sex. See something cool (we went to Italy). House shopping only really comes into play if you two want kids. At 38, do you really want to start having kids? Maybe if she's under 30, otherwise I'd advise. That's not to say it shouldn't or can't be done—my own parents were almost 40 when I was born, but then again, I have siblings over a decade older than me.

Marriage is nice. I've not been married long, but I've been with my wife (dating, engagement, etc.) for seven years. It keeps me from having to worry about being on the prowl, it provides another income (a god-given gift in NYC), and the constant company is actually nice: somewhere between loneliness and having plenty of time alone.

wildfruit

I don't really watch telly but my dad is watching something called American pickers.
What a shit load of fuck.

SuperGrafx

Rich people.
I was a Starbucks this morning just catching up on work emails.  There were a bunch of rich housewives at the table near me.  The nonsense that they were talking about was truly mind blowing.  Truly first world problems and neither were happy with their lot in life -- all of them were complaining about petty nonsense or others. 

Sad really.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 08/16/2015, 05:01 PMRich people.
I was a Starbucks this morning just catching up on work emails.  There were a bunch of rich housewives at the table near me.  The nonsense that they were talking about was truly mind blowing.  Truly first world problems and neither were happy with their lot in life -- all of them were complaining about petty nonsense or others. 

Sad really.
You can't leave us like that. What were they discussing?

wildfruit

I bet they were discussing how much they pay rent for their trendy flat in an inner city ghetto then complain when they have to share the pavement with beggars and druggies.

SuperGrafx

Quote from: guest on 08/16/2015, 05:13 PM

Sad really.
Just really pointless and inane garbage mostly.  What their nannies do.  How their kids have all these mystery allergies and ailments.  How they have to wait in line at Whole Foods.  Stuff that most of us don't even have on our radars.

turboswimbz

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 08/16/2015, 06:40 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/16/2015, 05:13 PM

Sad really.
Just really pointless and inane garbage mostly.  What their nannies do.  How their kids have all these mystery allergies and ailments.  How they have to wait in line at Whole Foods.  Stuff that most of us don't even have on our radars. 
Hmm sounds like several of the towns I work in . . .
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

PolygonDaily

BigusSchmuck

Windows 10 for lack of RSTAT tools. Enough said.

escarioth

all of those stupid game price that keeps going up ....  #-o
along with our stupid canadian exchange rate  :evil:
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

NightWolve

Quote from: PolygonDaily on 08/17/2015, 04:15 PMI hate NecroPhile
He is a refined taste, give it time. But yesss, a bad start here with eBay like that such as in your case is gonna leave you unpopular/disliked/unwanted for quite a while and to many members, not just him... ;)

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NightWolve

o.pwuaioc

You gotta have a thick skin. You don't always have to engage back, but you can't take anything personally here.

Also, hate is so taxing. Get riled up, but then go drink/sleep it off.

PolygonDaily

Quote from: o.pwuaioc on 08/17/2015, 05:47 PMYou gotta have a thick skin. You don't always have to engage back, but you can't take anything personally here.

Also, hate is so taxing. Get riled up, but then go drink/sleep it off.
I'm just messing around man, I don't hate anyone. I like necromancer, he's cool from what I can tell. I do hate those Greek town gyro lays chips. Those things are disgusting

o.pwuaioc

removed

GreatBlue Swirlof99

I despise babies ! WOULD THEY SHUT THE HELL UP! Reason: I'm deaf and it gets on my nerves really fast! Damn babies!  [-X
The Dreamcast is still alive, so go play it before it kills your family!

esteban

I hate that I have to pee so much as a result of drinking the coffee I love so much.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 08/19/2015, 07:43 AMI hate that I have to pee so much as a result of drinking the coffee I love so much.
Ah yes, the diuretic effect of caffeine. You need to follow up with a glass of water and/or milk given the reports of accelerated bone loss it supposedly causes but that's more if you drink 3 or more cups of coffee a day and are past middle-age when that starts happening anyway, etc. Too much of anything is not a good idea... One cup in the morning to help break grogginess is alright by me.

wildfruit

When will you people ditch coffee for tea.
Regular tea. Not no chamomile or green or herbal.
Add milk and maybe sugar.
Enjoy. Thank me later.

xcrement5x

Quote from: wildfruit on 08/19/2015, 03:23 PMWhen will you people ditch coffee for tea.
Enjoy. Thank me later.
I drink a cup of Earl Grey or two every morning.  My teeth are not very thankful though, they are obviously getting tarnished.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NightWolve

Quote from: wildfruit on 08/19/2015, 03:23 PMWhen will you people ditch coffee for tea.
Enjoy. Thank me later.
Yep, we American brutes are a stubborn and defiant bunch. ;)

wildfruit

Ive just realised I won a copy of xak 3 on ebay for $3 of your American dollars 2 months ago and it never arrived. I forgot all about it. Fucks sake.

NightWolve

wildfruit

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/19/2015, 05:52 PMServes ya right for such a low bid! ;)
It was from a Dutch seller. selling in $ instead of euros for some reason. I'm passed the eBay 30 day money back guarantee now. CURSES!

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 08/18/2015, 08:38 PMI wanted to try the Reuben ones, but the cashier at Duane Reede said they were no good.
I liked 'em better than the gyro or biscuits and gravy chips (I've yet to try the truffle fries).

NightWolve

Quote from: wildfruit on 08/19/2015, 05:56 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 08/19/2015, 05:52 PMServes ya right for such a low bid! ;)
It was from a Dutch seller. selling in $ instead of euros for some reason. I'm passed the eBay 30 day money back guarantee now. CURSES!
What does the seller say, did you contact him yet ?

wildfruit

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/19/2015, 06:52 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 08/19/2015, 05:56 PM
What does the seller say, did you contact him yet ?
Yea I've just sent a message I'll give I a few days for reply.

munchiaz

being in this damn work meeting after 4PM

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/19/2015, 04:31 PM
Enjoy. Thank me later.
Yep, we American brutes are a stubborn and defiant bunch. ;)
I love tea, too. (All sorts, but of course a majority is just standard black tea).

I drink the shite out of it.

But, I rarely put milk/sugar in it (only for a "special treat").

NIGHTWOLVE: I drink like...no joke...a carafe of coffee/tea every day.

jeffhlewis

wildfruit

Ugh I have to go back to work tomorrow after a 3 week leave.

GreatBlue Swirlof99

sony and their stupid playstations! Worst game consoles ever! :( Bunch of shit heads!
The Dreamcast is still alive, so go play it before it kills your family!

esteban

Quote from: wildfruit on 08/21/2015, 02:57 AMUgh I have to go back to work tomorrow after a 3 week leave.
That.
Sucks.

munchiaz

o.pwuaioc

Back from vacation. I really "depise" SP'ers in the late night thread.

WAY TO GO ASSHOLES.

jeffhlewis

Working back to back 70 hour weeks at work, then being rewarded for my hard work with...more work.

wildfruit

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 08/25/2015, 10:58 PMWorking back to back 70 hour weeks at work, then being rewarded for my hard work with...more work.
70 hours? Fuck that. When do you have time to obey?

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/25/2015, 09:26 PMBack from vacation. I really "depise" SP'ers in the late night thread.

WAY TO GO ASSHOLES.
Serious problem?

blueraven

xcrement5x

THIS THING!

IMG

I spent like 2 hours already working on this kid's kitchen set for my daughter; opening the boxes, making sure I had all the parts, and getting to step 5 out of 30 in assembly.   :-&

Pretty sure I'm going to be building this for the rest of the weeknights...
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2015, 10:32 AM
Quote from: guest on 09/02/2015, 10:22 AMTHIS THING!
IMG

I spent like 2 hours already working on this kid's kitchen set for my daughter; opening the boxes, making sure I had all the parts, and getting to step 5 out of 30 in assembly.   :-&

for "my daughter"... yeah, right. we believe you. no, really...
My friends gave me their old one (different style, similar concept), so I am grateful I never had the pleasure of assembling it!

My twins use it more now than they ever have in past four years.

I despise the never-ending list of things to fix in my house...

My water heater died yesterday! I hate unexpected $$$$$$ expenses (messes up the damn budget).

But, I am lucky that I caught it as a small leak and it didn't flood my basement with 50+ gallons of water.

NecroPhile

IMG

It'll be worth it when your daughter is happily making fake food and letting you play with your picos is peace.... for two minutes at a stretch between her asking you if liked your 'sandwich'.  :mrgreen:

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2015, 11:56 AM

IMG

It'll be worth it when your daughter is happily making fake food and letting you play with your picos is peace.... for two minutes at a stretch between her asking you if liked your 'sandwich'.  :mrgreen:
That's hilarious, because my daughter and son make "Thanksgiving Dinner" every day. They insists on using 500 items on our dining table.

EVERY DAY.

Gredler

I despise that my SSD crapped out on me last night, so now I have to reinstall my OS and all of my applications, and suffer the loss of all of the /user/ data because I didn't have it redirected to my storage drive. curses!

esteban

Quote from: Gredler on 09/02/2015, 01:43 PMI despise that my SSD crapped out on me last night, so now I have to reinstall my OS and all of my applications, and suffer the loss of all of the /user/ data because I didn't have it redirected to my storage drive. curses!
SSD? Say it ain't so!  :(

xcrement5x

Quote from: esteban on 09/02/2015, 12:13 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/02/2015, 11:56 AM

IMG

That's hilarious, because my daughter and son make "Thanksgiving Dinner" every day. They insists on using 500 items on our dining table.

EVERY DAY.
Maybe I should lose some of the pieces now to save myself grief.  But my mother in law got it for her and she's coming into town next week so if it's not together I will be getting nothing but nagging from both her and my wife :(