@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

What do you depise AT THIS MOMENT, literally....

Started by esteban, 08/29/2013, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve on 11/21/2014, 02:44 AM
Quote from: guest on 11/17/2014, 04:36 PM
Quote from: esteban on 11/16/2014, 10:45 AMI finally start posting and chatting at DoxPhile and THE DAMN SITE CRASHES.

I hate sites where one user = peak load.

Yes, for the record, I was chatting with myself.

Nulltard, I was trying to respond in chat when the damn SQL took a dump.
Everyone knows that Nulltard's server code wasn't designed for 5+ users, but I didn't knew it also had problems with less than that.
LOL.

And esteban, hot glue, brother! I could make a video with the dozens of things I've fixed with it. Recently upgraded to a better $20 gun from Walmart - it's now 60 watts, heats up faster and has better tips.

But anyway, I fixed my favorite slippers with it today. Bonded everything, the fabric tears to the cushion and the Dr. Scholls insole for knee support which makes these pretty pain free for me to walk around inside with. I think a flat coat of glue could buy you some time with those sandals you like, but probably not the best case use for it. Worth a try though.
Duct tape bonds better/feels better than hot glue for the sandals. I love hot glue on lots of other applications, though. :)

The problem is that water seeps in through the duct tape and then the wet duct tape feels gross.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

xcrement5x

Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

wildfruit

I hate that the Nintendo eshop doesn't update til the afternoon. Lame. I want me some Metroid prime trilogy.

esteban

I hate that coffee is a diuretic.

Also, I hate that...shite, gotta pee.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: esteban on 01/29/2015, 06:47 AMI hate that coffee is a diuretic.

Also, I hate that...shite, gotta pee.
Much like a bank produces, magically, more money to loan out than it really has, my bladder produces, magically, more peepee than the amount of coffee I drink... When I'm drinking... coffee.... coffee...

Pee.
IMG

esteban

I hate that when I get to my fourth slice of pizza, it's cold.

wildfruit

That I have a bladder the size of a grape

SuperGrafx

Quote from: wildfruit on 01/30/2015, 07:03 PMThat I have a bladder the size of a grape
This could actually be a result of prostate issues.
Best to get that checked out by a urologist.

wildfruit

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 01/30/2015, 07:45 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 01/30/2015, 07:03 PMThat I have a bladder the size of a grape
This could actually be a result of prostate issues.
Best to get that checked out by a urologist.
someone at work said same thing to me tonight. They noticed I can't go more than an hour sometimes. Guess I better book into GP.

SamIAm

In three years of working freelance, I got sick only twice. Then I started working in an office with a few dozen other people. Now, I am coming down with my fourth cold in four months.

Soon, you might see a post in this thread from my coworkers saying "I despise the guy who can't go 10 minutes without Lysoling every goddamn thing in the room."

xcrement5x

Quote from: Nulltard on 01/30/2015, 09:54 PM
Quote from: SamIAm on 01/30/2015, 09:18 PMIn three years of working freelance, I got sick only twice. Then I started working in an office with a few dozen other people. Now, I am coming down with my fourth cold in four months.

Soon, you might see a post in this thread from my coworkers saying "I despise the guy who can't go 10 minutes without Lysoling every goddamn thing in the room."
people are filthy pigs. Most of them don't wash their hands, and, of those, most have a gaggle of children raised to intermingle with other kids and not wash their hands.

it is a miracle ebola has not taken us all.
Dude, the number of people I see walk straight out of the bathroom right from the urinal without washing they hands staggers my mind.  I'm not a germaphobe, but I rarely touch any public door fixture without gloves on or something.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

SuperGrafx

Quote from: guest on 01/30/2015, 11:42 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/30/2015, 09:54 PM
Quote from: SamIAm on 01/30/2015, 09:18 PMIn three years of working freelance, I got sick only twice. Then I started working in an office with a few dozen other people. Now, I am coming down with my fourth cold in four months.

people are filthy pigs. Most of them don't wash their hands, and, of those, most have a gaggle of children raised to intermingle with other kids and not wash their hands.

Dude, the number of people I see walk straight out of the bathroom right from the urinal without washing they hands staggers my mind.  I'm not a germaphobe, but I rarely touch any public door fixture without gloves on or something.
I know, right.
And they seem so blatant about it too.  Come right out of a stall and merrily walk back to work without so much as even rinsing their hands off.

esteban

I hate it when there is no damn soap in the restroom. Because, you know, I want to clean the sh¡t and ball-cheeze off my hands.

bartre

i hate nintendo collectors.
or collectards in general.

ignore my sig.

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 01/30/2015, 11:42 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/30/2015, 09:54 PM

Yeah, I notice this as well... :/

cr8zykuban0

this may be off topic but I hate when people ask if I go to school ( as in college) and when I say no, they flip out. they always make it seem like my life will be nothing without college. they fail to understand that college is not for everyone and at this point in my life, its not for me. they act like me not going to school negatively affects their life.

peoples be too much in my business yo!!!

wildfruit

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 02/01/2015, 01:02 AMthis may be off topic but I hate when people ask if I go to school ( as in college) and when I say no, they flip out. they always make it seem like my life will be nothing without college. they fail to understand that college is not for everyone and at this point in my life, its not for me. they act like me not going to school negatively affects their life.

No this is what it's all about. I didn't go to university either and I still managed to find a well paid job without the debts of studying.

esteban

I fucking hate when a stupid little thing makes my OCD kick in.

I just realized I had accidentally checked off "web safe colors" and now I have to go back and fix hundreds of images. Fuck me. Fuck OCD. Fuck OMD.

No, I like OMD. Cancel that.

I FUCKING HATE STUPID MISTAKES I SHOULD HAVE CAUGHT YEARS AGO.

vmorr

Bought a 32x with some games yesterday at a toy show. Everything was priced individually but when I asked about the unit the dealer pitched me a package deal that I was alright with. Everything works except for 1 game. What's really irritating to me though is that he had it priced as the most expensive individual game of the lot and was going on about how it's fun and harder to find and blah blah blah. What a slime ball. Also noticed the cart had been previously opened, or at least attempted by the markings in the plastic around one of the screw slots, using a screwdriver or something instead of a proper bit. So the guy obviously knew something was up.

If I paid the $30 this guy wanted alone for this specific game, took it home to find out it didn't work later on, I'd be really pissed.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: vmorr on 02/02/2015, 07:57 PMBought a 32x with some games yesterday at a toy show. Everything was priced individually but when I asked about the unit the dealer pitched me a package deal that I was alright with. Everything works except for 1 game. What's really irritating to me though is that he had it priced as the most expensive individual game of the lot and was going on about how it's fun and harder to find and blah blah blah. What a slime ball. Also noticed the cart had been previously opened, or at least attempted by the markings in the plastic around one of the screw slots, using a screwdriver or something instead of a proper bit. So the guy obviously knew something was up.

If I paid the $30 this guy wanted alone for this specific game, took it home to find out it didn't work later on, I'd be really pissed.
When buying shit from vendors, get info. Ask for a card or a website.
IMG

vmorr

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 02/03/2015, 03:34 AMWhen buying shit from vendors, get info. Ask for a card or a website.
I've gotten his info through Kijiji ads lol. Gonna send him an email and ask what's up but I doubt he'll do anything.

NecroPhile

Quote from: vmorr on 02/03/2015, 08:13 AMI've gotten his info through Kijiji ads lol. Gonna send him an email and ask what's up but I doubt he'll do anything.
That's why God made flaming bags of dog poo.  :twisted:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

Quote from: vmorr on 02/02/2015, 07:57 PMBought a 32x with some games yesterday at a toy show. Everything was priced individually but when I asked about the unit the dealer pitched me a package deal that I was alright with. Everything works except for 1 game. What's really irritating to me though is that he had it priced as the most expensive individual game of the lot and was going on about how it's fun and harder to find and blah blah blah. What a slime ball. Also noticed the cart had been previously opened, or at least attempted by the markings in the plastic around one of the screw slots, using a screwdriver or something instead of a proper bit. So the guy obviously knew something was up.

Is it Knuckles Chaotix?  That game is known to have issues on some 32X units and be kind of finicky overall.

vmorr

Quote from: guest on 02/03/2015, 01:02 PMIs it Knuckles Chaotix?  That game is known to have issues on some 32X units and be kind of finicky overall.
Nah its "WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game".

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: wildfruit on 02/01/2015, 02:11 AM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 02/01/2015, 01:02 AMthis may be off topic but I hate when people ask if I go to school ( as in college) and when I say no, they flip out. they always make it seem like my life will be nothing without college. they fail to understand that college is not for everyone and at this point in my life, its not for me. they act like me not going to school negatively affects their life.

No this is what it's all about. I didn't go to university either and I still managed to find a well paid job without the debts of studying.
same here. i was thankful enough to be hired at a 5 star hotel working as a runner, basically delivering items to hotel guest. theres more to the job like making inventory for item lockers, sorting out inventory that we order, and also cleaning or making beds, fridges, cribs and humidifiers that we bring to the guests. Overall, it s a good paying job, great benefits, good tips and i love it.

SuperGrafx

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 02/03/2015, 05:08 PM

same here. i was thankful enough to be hired at a 5 star hotel working as a runner, basically delivering items to hotel guest. theres more to the job like making inventory for item lockers, sorting out inventory that we order, and also cleaning or making beds, fridges, cribs and humidifiers that we bring to the guests. Overall, it s a good paying job, great benefits, good tips and i love it.
That's great.
But at some point you may find that a lack of a degree could hinder progress towards a higher paying position.
My company recently instituted a degree requirement in order to qualify for any higher pay grade positions. 

Not judging you, just some advice is all.

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 02/03/2015, 09:05 PM

That's great.
But at some point you may find that a lack of a degree could hinder progress towards a higher paying position.
My company recently instituted a degree requirement in order to qualify for any higher pay grade positions. 

true that and I can always go back to school but where I work, you kinda dont really need a diploma to move up in the business. at least where I am, its not what you know, its who you know who can get you in a better position.

wildfruit

That's great.

In my organization if you have a degree you can opt to go on a fast track promotion scheme when joining but most people don't. I'm at the top of my pay scale now after 12 years. (£43k/$65k) I can go on for a line manager role by taking an internal exam and work based assessment but I cant be bothered really. Happy to coast. Maybe next year. I don't really want to be in charge of people though.

majors

Watching"Citizen Four" now, borefest...no interest. Obey or candy, all else is a waste.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

esteban

Quote from: majors on 02/08/2015, 01:03 AMWatching"Citizen Four" now, borefest...no interest. Obey or candy, all else is a waste.
I am not familiar with it, but I despise it. :)

wildfruit

My mum said dinner at 1pm. I'm here its 1pm. Dinner is not ready.

PCEngineHell

bob

TR0N

Greedy resellers charging a arm and a leg for pulseman  ](*,)
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 02/03/2015, 09:18 PM

That's great.

Thanks for the advice.

at this moment, I despise you.

no offense intended, just... hah... what does it matter ? You can't be offended by an uneducated pleb like myself. I'll see you and your fancy pants diploma IN HELL!

:lol:
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: TR0N on 02/09/2015, 04:04 AMGreedy resellers charging a arm and a leg for pulseman  ](*,)
Let me know when it gets to liver charging levels.

I need a new liver.  The one I have I drank out of commission

xcrement5x

Medic_wheat

I think I am going to repost this on my FB...

mostly because these are actually my diplomas.

Maybe I should add my certification of training(s) from the Army and my HS Diploma?

You know..REALLY rub it in peoples faces!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Nulltard on 02/09/2015, 10:12 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/09/2015, 10:07 AM
Quote from: guest on 02/03/2015, 09:18 PMThanks for the advice.

at this moment, I despise you.

no offense intended, just... hah... what does it matter? You can't be offended by an uneducated pleb like myself. I'll see you and your fancy pants diploma IN HELL!

:lol:
IMG
All those framed things (presumably diplomas?) and you still can't operate a keyboard ? :lol:
Virtual one not very well.

Combination of:

Dyslexia

No depth perception (try typing on a LCS screen closing and opening alt eyes and you'll see how your perception of finger placement on a non tactical keyboard will cause you to inadvertently press an incorrect key)

Now a conventional keyboard I can type 64 GWP without error.

NecroPhile

It's because you're too lazy to fix your errors; anything else is just an excuse.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 02/09/2015, 01:09 PMIt's because you're too lazy to fix your errors; anything else is just an excuse.
Oh I freely admit my laziness.

But largely it is the other two issues.

SuperGrafx

Quote from: wildfruit on 02/08/2015, 07:57 AMMy mum said dinner at 1pm. I'm here its 1pm. Dinner is not ready.
1pm?
Who the heck eats dinner at 1pm??
Well, except for the elderly...that's what they call the early bird special.

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

NightWolve

Hey, modeled after the first Predator movie and the alien hunter's armband keypad!

wildfruit

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 02/09/2015, 09:44 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 02/08/2015, 07:57 AMMy mum said dinner at 1pm. I'm here its 1pm. Dinner is not ready.
1pm?
Who the heck eats dinner at 1pm??
Well, except for the elderly...that's what they call the early bird special.
Sunday dinner is always at lunch time.then cucumber sandwiches at 5pm. Unless I'm working that is.

wildfruit

Ok so I just found out that if you save your game on Ys book 1 where an enemy spawns it kills you. Fuck. Now I have to grind all over again.

Psycho Punch

If someone says their indie game is retro and their screenshots shows Tandy era SIERRA quality background/sprites with variable pixel size I get mad. Bonus tard points for lighting and pixel shader effects, real time image resizing*, etc.

Rant of the day.

*scaling gets a pass if your retro game has NeoGeo quality graphics. It doesn't even need to be Metal Slug quality-like, hell even Success Joe would be enough. But of course almost no indie "retro" games are that good looking
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

xcrement5x

I just thought of this thread the other day when I was doing the laundry and someone in my house left tissues in their pockets and they turned into infinite tiny little papers in the washing machine, then the dryer lint trap was all clogged too.

esteban

Hahahahahshashs.

I washed a diaper a few months ago. It creates MILLIONS of tiny gel droplets. These gels get over everything. Absolutely horrible to clean up.

NOW: I despise black mold on my shingles. My house looks horrible, black mold on it. Great.

BigusSchmuck

Overpriced snes and nes games. $25 for Mike Tyson's Punchout and $20 for Super Mario World fucking ridiculous on ebay.