@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

What do you depise AT THIS MOMENT, literally....

Started by esteban, 08/29/2013, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xcrement5x

Quote from: guest on 04/30/2014, 01:17 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 04/30/2014, 09:30 AM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 04/30/2014, 04:47 AMIs this any different than our 700+ page "what did you buy today"-thread?
nobody is bragging about "getting a good deal" after paying just a couple bucks under the perpetually available, unsold BINs.
That is exactly why i like the thread on here instead. It's more of a discussion at times. Which is great for me to find new games to look for and whatnot.

I will openly admit that 95% of the time when someone posts a video in a finds thread I will just skip it.  I agree that pictures and text are a lot faster to go through than a video, plus I can just scroll and stop if something catches my eye. 

I personally try to write a little bit about there why/how I grab particular stuff so others can read if they care, but it's mainly for my own desire to document that particular find so I can remember where I got it if I'm looking back at stuff. 

esteban

I have historically avoided the "what shit did you fucking tarts buy today?, you fucking twats" thread because I was jealous.

Then, desperate for conversation, I started reading it and commenting every once in a blue moon.

But, basically, fuck you all.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Bernie

I despise esteban..  He never love me long time....

esteban

Hahahahahahahahaha. Suck my left one.  :pcgs:

Bernie

PCEngineHell

I look at that "what did you buy" thread now and then to see if maybe there is a game out there that I missed that I may want to try, and make a mental note of it. I just kinda treat it with the same mentality as I would when I jump on to read an HG101 article about stuff I may not have seen or played yet.

Bernie

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 04/30/2014, 10:46 PMI look at that "what did you buy" thread now and then to see if maybe there is a game out there that I missed that I may want to try, and make a mental note of it. I just kinda treat it with the same mentality as I would when I jump on to read an HG101 article about stuff I may not have seen or played yet.
That's how I treat it a lot of times.  Sometimes, I am just plain nosey...

jeffhlewis

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 04/30/2014, 04:47 AMIs this any different than our 700+ page "what did you buy today"-thread?

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=5360.0

Outside of the lack of quality in editing or knowledge about what they're posting at times, I guess some watch their videos on youtube to show proof that there still are goodies to be had in the wild? 
It is different here - we know what we're talking about. Lack of knowledge about source material is the real reason I can't stand these "pickups" videos. A bunch of dudes waste their Saturdays running around to thrift shops and swap meets, just so they can come home and video tape themselves with their loose copies of Hot Wheels Racing All Stars and <insert random shitty common U.S. Genesis game>. Games that they'll probably never even fire up. Don't get why they even bother purchasing them, other than to add a "+1" to their collection total.

bob

Im getting super annoyed with fuck heads posting moronic BINs with the Make Offer button.
Just post a reasonable price or fuck off.

ToyMachine78

CMMI Appraisal training.... ugh..... I'm dying!!!

esteban

Too hot and humid today...and it will only get worse.

jeffhlewis

Quote from: esteban on 05/15/2014, 05:04 PMToo hot and humid today...and it will only get worse.
Still wearing a jacket, IN MAY, in Milwaukee. Trade ya.

jtucci31

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 05/15/2014, 06:51 PM
Quote from: esteban on 05/15/2014, 05:04 PMToo hot and humid today...and it will only get worse.
Almost wore two jackets in the south suburbs of Chicago. Rained on and off all day too. Shitty weather is shitty

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 05/15/2014, 06:51 PM
Slightly chilly > too damn hot. I'm glad I moved from the south to SF and then NYC. It can still get uncomfortably hot, but I wouldn't want to be back in southern weather ever again.

Nando

I despise the fact that my company has roughly 2.5 months left before it dissolves and I haven't found a new gig yet.

ToyMachine78

Tattoo needles! Kinda hurts so good though :3

tattoo.jpg

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 05/17/2014, 04:49 PMTattoo needles! Kinda hurts so good though :3
What's it going to be?

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 05/17/2014, 05:58 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/17/2014, 04:49 PMTattoo needles! Kinda hurts so good though :3
What's it going to be?
Rooster and a snake fighting. Just like my sons. One was born in the year if the cock, the other yr of the serpent. Original pics here:

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=16103.0

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 05/17/2014, 06:13 PM
What's it going to be?
Rooster and a snake fighting. Just like my sons. One was born in the year if the cock, the other yr of the serpent. Original pics here:

Cool! Looks great so far!

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 05/17/2014, 07:22 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/17/2014, 06:13 PM
What's it going to be?

Cool! Looks great so far!
Thanks! I'm trying to get more tats than Bernie lol :)

pc_kwajalein

People who can't cross the street like normal fucking human beings.  :evil:

I have to drive through a part of "the hood" on my way to and from work, and for some reason even the simple task of crossing the street can't be done properly in this part of town. I was always under the impression that crossing from one side of the street to the other was a cut and dry exercise; (there's even a joke about a fucking chicken doing it without incident) you wait for traffic to clear, then you go across, 90 degrees straight ahead, from the sidewalk to the other side. Not only does this get you safely to the other side, but it minimizes the time you're on the street.

But lo and behold, the ghetto has this concept fucked up beyond all reason.  #-o Why the hell are people not only crossing the street as cars go by, but taking an ETERNITY to do it??? One guy crossed the street caddy corner for length of half a block. Why? He could've walked down the sidewalk to where he needed to cross and done it there, but he didn't. Now traffic has to avoid him as it passes which means damn near straddling the center line and squeezing oncoming traffic. In the event someone inadvertently hits that asshole, they're on the hook for it.  :evil: Another guy was just walking in the street. Perfectly good sidewalk ready for use, and the stupid fucker decides to walk up the street a foot out from the curb.  ](*,)
My past-life would've surely led to our demise, and I had left it not a moment too soon. Our escape, though dangerous, had gone well. The train ride, sunlight, and passing snow-covered pine trees came together in a flickering show of our bright, new future together. Her head rested on my shoulder as she soundly slept to the gentle rocking of the passenger car. We felt freedom. We felt peace.

Ninja16608

Quote from: pc_kwajalein on 05/18/2014, 08:34 PMPeople who can't cross the street like normal fucking human beings.  :evil:

I have to drive through a part of "the hood" on my way to and from work, and for some reason even the simple task of crossing the street can't be done properly in this part of town. I was always under the impression that crossing from one side of the street to the other was a cut and dry exercise; (there's even a joke about a fucking chicken doing it without incident) you wait for traffic to clear, then you go across, 90 degrees straight ahead, from the sidewalk to the other side. Not only does this get you safely to the other side, but it minimizes the time you're on the street.

But lo and behold, the ghetto has this concept fucked up beyond all reason.  #-o Why the hell are people not only crossing the street as cars go by, but taking an ETERNITY to do it??? One guy crossed the street caddy corner for length of half a block. Why? He could've walked down the sidewalk to where he needed to cross and done it there, but he didn't. Now traffic has to avoid him as it passes which means damn near straddling the center line and squeezing oncoming traffic. In the event someone inadvertently hits that asshole, they're on the hook for it.  :evil: Another guy was just walking in the street. Perfectly good sidewalk ready for use, and the stupid fucker decides to walk up the street a foot out from the curb.  ](*,)
We have something like that here where they think they own the fucking road and walk down the middle of the street holding their dicks (no really its how they walk holding their dicks) with a gangster lean. Maybe that's why it takes so long? this pimp limp they got going on is impeding their stride? It pisses me off even more when you stop to let some cross and the take all fucking day to do it. If someone stops for me to cross I make it a point to wave a thank you and hurry to cross as to not further hold up traffic. Get a fucking clue people the road is for cars not douche bags to walk on.

TheClash603

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/19/2014, 12:36 PM
Quote from: pc_kwajalein on 05/18/2014, 08:34 PMPeople who can't cross the street like normal fucking human beings.  :evil:

We have something like that here where they think they own the fucking road and walk down the middle of the street holding their dicks (no really its how they walk holding their dicks) with a gangster lean. Maybe that's why it takes so long? this pimp limp they got going on is impeding their stride? It pisses me off even more when you stop to let some cross and the take all fucking day to do it. If someone stops for me to cross I make it a point to wave a thank you and hurry to cross as to not further hold up traffic. Get a fucking clue people the road is for cars not douche bags to walk on.
On my way to work I always pass by the unemployment office.  I feel so bad when I say this...  but the reason 85% of the people there are unemployed is because they can't even figure out how to cross the street.  It is literally a shit show every day and I am going to kill someone someday.

The other thing that happens at the same intersection is that cars on a one way street that is 3 lanes wide ALWAYS turn left into a parking ramp...  FROM THE CENTER LANE!  This, added with the mine field of people in the street, makes my drive a horrifying adventure every day.

HailingTheThings

IMG

ToyMachine78

I'm just happy to hear that this isn't just a SC regional phenomenon! Walking in the damn street!

Ninja16608

Quote from: guest on 05/21/2014, 11:01 PMI'm just happy to hear that this isn't just a SC regional phenomenon! Walking in the damn street!
No, the douche bags have spread far and wide my friend, far and wide.

synbiosfan

New members who join just to take advantage of the communities marketplace.  ](*,)

You know the rest of the rant :P

HailingTheThings

Quote from: synbiosfan on 05/26/2014, 10:35 PMNew members who join just to take advantage of the communities marketplace.  ](*,)

You know the rest of the rant :P
Would be nice if everyone on here was obligated to, you know, say something every once in a while or at least start off with an introduction, that'd be lovely. Can there be a rule enforced that states if you're a registered member for more than (insert time frame here) without an intro then you get kicked...? Fire under butts lol...? I just really want EVERYONE here to speak up from time to time. Let us get to know you or some such stufff.

Perhaps another way around this is having anyone here selling stuff... like not sell to people unless they're active-ish? And are not a-holes? Which probably won't happened....depending on how bad the person selling wants/needs the money they're trying to get for stuffs. Fuck. :(
IMG

synbiosfan

Drakon! It would be one thing if he did mods just for himself but to charge people :?

Quote from: SkipsDrakon posted this "redo" in his cleaning up his mod work thread. I fucking laughed. Dude has not learned a damn thing. Satoshimatrix must love riding his cock pretty hard to want to buy this abomination. I hope he did not pay more the $10 for this this trashed PCE.

IMG
IMG

http://16bitgamer.forumotion.ca/t343-cleaning-up-my-work

pulstar

Wow! Someone had the nerve to charge for that?
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

Psycho Punch

Quote from: pc_kwajalein on 05/18/2014, 08:34 PM(there's even a joke about a fucking chicken doing it without incident)
Why did the chicken cross the road?
Answer: to get to the OTHER SIDE
I really don't think the chicken did it without any incidents... that's my interpretation of the "joke" anyway. I always thought it was a pun because the chicken might get killed if there is any incoming traffic while crossing the street.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 05/26/2014, 11:51 PMWould be nice if everyone on here was obligated to, you know, say something every once in a while or at least start off with an introduction, that'd be lovely. Can there be a rule enforced that states if you're a registered member for more than (insert time frame here) without an intro then you get kicked...? Fire under butts lol...? I just really want EVERYONE here to speak up from time to time. Let us get to know you or some such stuff.
So, you want a proper introduction, or does me just posting regularly suffice?

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 05/27/2014, 02:21 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 05/26/2014, 11:51 PMWould be nice if everyone on here was obligated to, you know, say something every once in a while or at least start off with an introduction, that'd be lovely. Can there be a rule enforced that states if you're a registered member for more than (insert time frame here) without an intro then you get kicked...? Fire under butts lol...? I just really want EVERYONE here to speak up from time to time. Let us get to know you or some such stuff.
Honestly the fact that you post at all is already better than the emmer effing street sharks lurking in the shadows. Effing. Street. Sharks. No, it is not "Jawesome", street sharks. It. Is. Not.

If you feel so inclined, though, do it? Just make sure to include how and where you lost your virginity. I'm sure everyone here would absolutely love it. :3 :3 :3 <3

*hearts extra alllott*

IMG
IMG

OldRover

Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

HailingTheThings

IMG

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 05/27/2014, 11:18 PMI DESPISE THIS MOTHERFUCKING FONT.
There are a few occasions (very rare) when comic sans is OK.  :pcgs:

IMG

Psycho Punch

I hate how esteban doesn't post STATUS updates anymore.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Ninja16608

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 05/27/2014, 11:09 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/27/2014, 02:21 PM
Honestly the fact that you post at all is already better than the emmer effing street sharks lurking in the shadows. Effing. Street. Sharks. No, it is not "Jawesome", street sharks. It. Is. Not.

If you feel so inclined, though, do it? Just make sure to include how and where you lost your virginity. I'm sure everyone here would absolutely love it. :3 :3 :3 <3

*hearts extra alllott*

IMG
StreetSharks was a bad Ninja Turtles knockoff :-( good thing it failed miserably.

Dicer

SmaMan

I despise international shipping fees.

I had to return that Neo-Geo:CD console I got a while back (cause it didn't work) and the buyer was fine. He said he'd refund my purchase price and up to $40 shipping, which is great... except that it's gonna cost me $89 at least to send this thing back to Japan!  ](*,)
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

synbiosfan

Quote from: SmaMan on 05/28/2014, 11:35 AMI despise international shipping fees.

I had to return that Neo-Geo:CD console I got a while back (cause it didn't work) and the buyer was fine. He said he'd refund my purchase price and up to $40 shipping, which is great... except that it's gonna cost me $89 at least to send this thing back to Japan!  ](*,)
What really get's me is the shipping costs to Canada, they're a border country. I live 35 minutes from Windsor, Ontario and it's cheaper to ship to California???

pulstar

I'm not too sure about borders etc in the US/Canada but wouldn't it make more sense to cross the border and send from inside Canada? Or is that too much hassle what with the border and finding a post office etc?

Ninja16608

Quote from: pulstar on 05/28/2014, 01:47 PMI'm not too sure about borders etc in the US/Canada but wouldn't it make more sense to cross the border and send from inside Canada? Or is that too much hassle what with the border and finding a post office etc?
You now need a passport to get into Canada from the US :-( so if he didn't have one he would have to shell out some coin to get one lol.

synbiosfan

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/28/2014, 02:02 PM
Quote from: pulstar on 05/28/2014, 01:47 PMI'm not too sure about borders etc in the US/Canada but wouldn't it make more sense to cross the border and send from inside Canada? Or is that too much hassle what with the border and finding a post office etc?
You now need a passport to get into Canada from the US :-( so if he didn't have one he would have to shell out some coin to get one lol.
If I was selling something for hundreds, yes. But the cost of gas & the border crossing fees (both ways) for most things I've sold would cost more than the international shipping. Plus the time involved, fucking terrorists ruined a lot of things.

pulstar

That sounds like a lot of pain/expense just to get over the border, and if you're only going to be saving a few bucks then there really isn't any point. Seems like they tightened up security a lot.

nectarsis

Rain.....BAD storms rolled thru last night, kitchen and basement had 2-3 inches of water....lost $1,000's worth of games movies, etc.  ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

esteban

jeffhlewis

Quote from: nectarsis on 05/28/2014, 04:53 PMRain.....BAD storms rolled thru last night, kitchen and basement had 2-3 inches of water....lost $1,000's worth of games movies, etc.  ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Sorry to hear that, man...this is exactly why my game room is going on the first floor instead of the basement...between the threat of flood, humidity/moisture, etc.

esteban

Quote from: nectarsis on 05/28/2014, 04:53 PMRain.....BAD storms rolled thru last night, kitchen and basement had 2-3 inches of water....lost $1,000's worth of games movies, etc.  ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Noooooooooooo! I had a leak in my bathroom moisten tons of PCE magazines and games around 10 years ago?

I was so upset because I usually have everything in plastic bins but I was storing all of this stuff in cardboard boxes at the bottom of a closet that shared a wall with the bathroom.

I spread out all the magazines and game manuals in front of 6 fans in an effort to dry things out, but you can't reverse water damage.

Oh well.  :pcgs:

SmaMan

Sorry for your loss, dude. You got some insurance on that at least?

Actually, we could start a whole other thread on "What do you despise about the insurance industry right now" lol.

(Hurricane Katrina was nothing but a wind storm, my ass. Thanks for nothing, Travelers.)
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment