@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

What do you depise AT THIS MOMENT, literally....

Started by esteban, 08/29/2013, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xcrement5x

New irritations today (office kitchen edition)!

Finishing the coffee and not making a new pot.

People who leave 1 paper towel on the roll instead of getting a new roll.  And it's the one towel that's like glued to the roll so you can't even use it.

Pulling your food out of the microwave early and leaving the partial seconds left on the clock so I have to clear your value before I can put my time in.

NASTY DISHES IN THE SINK ALL FUCKING AFTERNOON!

geise

Looking for a job
Looking for a house
Selling my house
...all at the same time.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

munchiaz

Quote from: guest on 04/10/2014, 01:49 PMNew irritations today (office kitchen edition)!

Finishing the coffee and not making a new pot.

People who leave 1 paper towel on the roll instead of getting a new roll.  And it's the one towel that's like glued to the roll so you can't even use it.

Pulling your food out of the microwave early and leaving the partial seconds left on the clock so I have to clear your value before I can put my time in.

NASTY DISHES IN THE SINK ALL FUCKING AFTERNOON!
That last one pisses me off so much

PCEngineHell

Seeing Joe delete a thread about expensive & overrated DIY technology that had crash and burn results, thus having him seek help, right before the gang got together to roast and scoff scoff @ him.

NightWolve

Yeah, I'll 2nd the IRS mention. Surprised I procrastinated to days before the deadline again. I used to get it done when all the tax forms had been mailed to me by Feb., but I've grown weary in my age. :( I use taxact online which is simple enough.

Terry, you shouldn't have to pay an arm and a leg just to get square with the IRS on whether they collected too much or too little taxes from you. $1300 is insane.

geise

Quote from: guest on 04/10/2014, 04:27 PMSoooo, you're a realtor?  :mrgreen:
:lol:  Well, shit.  I guess I am qualified haha!

NightWolve

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 04/11/2014, 04:10 PMSeeing Joe delete a thread about expensive & overrated DIY technology that had crash and burn results, thus having him seek help, right before the gang got together to roast and scoff scoff @ him.
That thread about some some cheap device to convert RGB signals to VGA or something has been deleted ? I totally missed what happened, and I didn't see any problems last I looked at it. I can't imagine how that subject could've turned delete-worthy. Thought we don't do that around here. ;)

PCEngineHell

Quote from: NightWolve on 04/12/2014, 02:51 AM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 04/11/2014, 04:10 PMSeeing Joe delete a thread about expensive & overrated DIY technology that had crash and burn results, thus having him seek help, right before the gang got together to roast and scoff scoff @ him.
That thread about some some cheap device to convert RGB signals to VGA or something has been deleted ? I totally missed what happened, and I didn't see any problems last I looked at it. I can't imagine how that subject could've turned delete-worthy. Thought we don't do that around here. ;)
Yeah, I guess Joe decided to remove all evidence of his purchase/tech fail. :( Maybe if he gets it finally to do whatever it was he wanted he will repost about it.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: NightWolve on 04/11/2014, 11:22 PMYeah, I'll 2nd the IRS mention. Surprised I procrastinated to days before the deadline again. I used to get it done when all the tax forms had been mailed to me by Feb., but I've grown weary in my age. :( I use taxact online which is simple enough.

Terry, you shouldn't have to pay an arm and a leg just to get square with the IRS on whether they collected too much or too little taxes from you. $1300 is insane.
I dreaded doing my taxes for the same reason until I did them this year and and I actually got a refund!(hence the 3ds XL purchase.) Right now, clash of clans as its sucking my life away since they did this last update to clan wars...

ToyMachine78

ToyMachine78

Quote from: galam on 04/09/2014, 12:17 AM
Quote from: guest on 04/09/2014, 12:02 AMTHE MOTHERLOVING IRS.

Why is it, the older you get, the more difficult it is to do your own taxes? This shit is retarded.

Argh.
turbotax.  easy peasy...one two threesey
I used to use turbo tax, but now I use a CPA. She charges me $80 to prepare my taxes, and my returns are considerably larger now that I'm using her.

bob

My accountant got a little too pricey.  Once i got into investments, things have gotten a bit more complicated and time consuming.  It turns out it wasnt much more effort for me and turbo tax. I also have a "RI job growth act" exemption that pays me back half my RI taxes for relocating here.

wildfruit

No wonder you guys all use accountants. Us income tax looks complicated just reading an article on it now

ToyMachine78

Quote from: wildfruit on 04/12/2014, 02:53 PMNo wonder you guys all use accountants. Us income tax looks complicated just reading an article on it now
+1..... RIDICULOUSLY COMPLICATED!!!!

wildfruit

My employer does mine for me. Gets deducted straight from salary every month pre calculated.

OldRover

I murdered two roaches having sex. Two kills in one slap. Fucking bugs. Literally.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

tggodfrey

Quote from: NightWolve on 04/11/2014, 11:22 PMYeah, I'll 2nd the IRS mention. Surprised I procrastinated to days before the deadline again. I used to get it done when all the tax forms had been mailed to me by Feb., but I've grown weary in my age. :( I use taxact online which is simple enough.

Mine is high becuase its personal and I have an S-Corp LLC (for skydiving and Automotive work).  When I was just doing my personal taxes I used to use TurboTax and it was fine.  Although the price is high, the accountants are ex-skydivers so everything we are filing they have knowledge of and can manipulate the ways the expenditures are filed to maximize the returns.  A few of us have done them on our own first then went to see how the accountants did and the returns by far did make it worth it.  Plus on the side note that price includes any meeting I request and any Audits ect.  I still hate having to do it though.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

warpig227

munchiaz

work. I shipped a cisco switch to a site so i can set it up later in the week. Well the switch arrived, but does anyone of importance at the site know where it is....Nope. I have to make the change tonight, and with no switch to be found i can't do anything. very frustrating to say the least

Dicer

Knicked my nutsack with a razor, TMI but yeah despise that lol....

wildfruit

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Dicer on 04/17/2014, 01:20 PMKnicked my nutsack with a razor, TMI but yeah despise that lol....
Never again.
IMG

roflmao

AT&T.

My office uses AT&T for their internet connection and it went down this morning.  It's been down all day. My workday was a complete waste so I went home to finish the work I needed to get done.

...and now I despise Weblink. The database client I have at work won't install on my home computer.  So now I'm going to have to either (a) get it working on my home computer tomorrow if their tech support can fix the issue ( I'm supposed to have the day off) or (b) drive 30 miles to my office and get the work done there (that's assuming the internet is up and running again over there).

Meh.

jtucci31

Quote from: Dicer on 04/17/2014, 01:20 PMKnicked my nutsack with a razor
That always scares the shit out of me. My balls rarely get shaved due to fear of a deeper knick

esteban

Quote from: Dicer on 04/17/2014, 01:20 PMKnicked my nutsack with a razor, TMI but yeah despise that lol....
(0) Pics or it didn't happen.

(1) Your moniker is quite apropos, it seems.

(2) Also, and this is very important, TLI. Please provide more info in the future.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 04/18/2014, 02:42 AM
(1) Your moniker is quite apropos, it seems.
Heh, I was kind of thinking that too, he rolled the dice on to shave or not to shave "down there," and lost... ;)

munchiaz

being at work super sleepy. had to work after hours last night until 10:30 PM, also my label maker at work is not working

jeffhlewis

Collectards. I've had it, man.

I've been watching some of the collector dork "YouTubers" to catch reviews of our areas at MGC this year and it's as if these people just discovered that games were made past the year 2000. Dudes holding up common loose bullshit and saying "This is a 'HUCARD' game, which is like a cartridge on a card..." or "This is for the FAMICOM, which is the Japanese Nintendo." Well, no shit genius.

Even worse - they all seem to have discovered that the Turbo/PCE exists recently.

geise

Yes.  Most gamers that started on the psx, n64, or later era usually suffer from the "Captain Obvious Syndrome"  It affects 1 out of all gamers that started gaming around that time. 

As of this moment one thing that I hate is the Mr. 2 Cents disease.  My dad suffers from it.

Opethian

IMG

munchiaz

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 04/22/2014, 01:12 AMCollectards. I've had it, man.

I've been watching some of the collector dork "YouTubers" to catch reviews of our areas at MGC this year and it's as if these people just discovered that games were made past the year 2000. Dudes holding up common loose bullshit and saying "This is a 'HUCARD' game, which is like a cartridge on a card..." or "This is for the FAMICOM, which is the Japanese Nintendo." Well, no shit genius.

Even worse - they all seem to have discovered that the Turbo/PCE exists recently.
I still find it weird that people post videos of their gets/finds. So you found some games. Whoop-dee-doo. So what? Oh, it's cheap? Who the fuck cares?

It's even weirder that people actually watch these religiously.

jeffhlewis

Quote from: guest on 04/22/2014, 02:31 PMI still find it weird that people post videos of their gets/finds. So you found some games. Whoop-dee-doo. So what? Oh, it's cheap? Who the fuck cares?

This one is comedic gold - it's like his dad bought him a green screen for his 15th birthday. See how long you can make it through the video before you rage quit it:

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 04/22/2014, 09:30 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/22/2014, 02:31 PMI still find it weird that people post videos of their gets/finds. So you found some games. Whoop-dee-doo. So what? Oh, it's cheap? Who the fuck cares?

This one is comedic gold - it's like his dad bought him a green screen for his 15th birthday. See how long you can make it through the video before you rage quit it:
1:29. I actually quit before I raged. Don't want a heart attack or anything.

HailingTheThings

Wow.
IMG

Senshi

PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

xcrement5x

Quote from: guest on 04/22/2014, 10:00 PM

LOL.  Same here.

"Super Mario 64, it's Player Choice Edition"

jeffhlewis

Quote from: guest on 04/23/2014, 01:08 PMLOL.  Same here.

"Super Mario 64, it's Player Choice Edition"
My favorite part is that he calls the wrestling games "WF Wrestling," presumably because he's too young to know that it was at one time "WWF Wrestling".

Also - "Eeek-O the Dolphin"

Opethian

IMG

Senshi

what the fuck is a "Nintendo-ee". Is that like a fanboy but worse?
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

jtucci31

I made it here.
Also the way it ends, "really good deal" then black.

I have a problem with watching bad youtube channels, specifically when it's video game related. Like these channels or Game Chaser clones or Let's Play channels.

NightWolve

Quote from: Senshi on 04/23/2014, 02:09 PMwhat the fuck is a "Nintendo-ee". Is that like a fanboy but worse?
Not even running to Google, I would guess that's a shitty play on the word 'devotee'.

roflmao

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 04/23/2014, 03:39 PM

I made it here.
Also the way it ends, "really good deal" then black.

I have a problem with watching bad youtube channels, specifically when it's video game related. Like these channels or Game Chaser clones or Let's Play channels.
Watching that, I feel like I was tricked into doing something dirty, like killing Lincoln or something. I cant quite put my finger on it, but I know whatever it was, it wasn't right.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 04/22/2014, 02:31 PM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 04/22/2014, 01:12 AMCollectards. I've had it, man.

I still find it weird that people post videos of their gets/finds. So you found some games. Whoop-dee-doo. So what? Oh, it's cheap? Who the fuck cares?

Is this any different than our 700+ page "what did you buy today"-thread?

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=5360.0

Outside of the lack of quality in editing or knowledge about what they're posting at times, I guess some watch their videos on youtube to show proof that there still are goodies to be had in the wild?
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 04/30/2014, 04:47 AMIs this any different than our 700+ page "what did you buy today"-thread?
The main differences are that it doesn't take me 5 to 30 minutes to read people's posts about their recent buys, and that nobody is bragging about "getting a good deal" after paying just a couple bucks under the perpetually available, unsold BINs.

Opethian

Quote from: guest on 04/30/2014, 09:30 AM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 04/30/2014, 04:47 AMIs this any different than our 700+ page "what did you buy today"-thread?
The main differences are that it doesn't take me 5 to 30 minutes to read people's posts about their recent buys, and that nobody is bragging about "getting a good deal" after paying just a couple bucks under the perpetually available, unsold BINs.
search for posts by user 'Storino'
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Opethian on 04/30/2014, 09:42 AMsearch for posts by user 'Storino'
Heh, you got me there.  Change that to "nobody (except for twats) is bragging...."

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 04/30/2014, 09:30 AM
nobody is bragging about "getting a good deal" after paying just a couple bucks under the perpetually available, unsold BINs.
That is exactly why i like the thread on here instead. It's more of a discussion at times. Which is great for me to find new games to look for and whatnot.