OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

What do you depise AT THIS MOMENT, literally....

Started by esteban, 08/29/2013, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2015, 08:10 PMDumbasses and their inability to read.
+1
Read the fucking e-mail on how to change your password. I don't need 400 calls on it and I don't care if you make $250k a year. I hate ignorant office workers sometimes.

wildfruit

BigusSchmuck

Polishing turds should not be an option. Especially when it comes to upgrading a XP laptop that's like 10 years old.

jeffhlewis

Modern, mainstream "nerd/greek" culture. I liked it better when none of our hobbies were popular.

grolt

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 09/09/2015, 10:37 PMModern, mainstream "nerd/greek" culture. I liked it better when none of our hobbies were popular.
or expensive
I'm a notorious strange man.

SuperGrafx

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 09/09/2015, 10:37 PMModern, mainstream "nerd/greek" culture. I liked it better when none of our hobbies were popular.
I agree with you there.

ClodBusted

Since the CGR guy lord karnage got his hands on the AnalNT, all his new NES/Famicom review videos are plagued with jittery movement when I watch them on my Xbox 360.

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 09/12/2015, 03:13 PMThe new ebay app on android... it is going to save me a fortune by making it impossible to shop on the ebays from mah phone.
HA! I was thinking the same thing. I hate it too.

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 09/02/2015, 11:51 AMI despise the never-ending list of things to fix in my house...

My water heater died yesterday! I hate unexpected $$$$$$ expenses (messes up the damn budget).

But, I am lucky that I caught it as a small leak and it didn't flood my basement with 50+ gallons of water.
Ah, I have a tip about that este if you're interested!

I've had about 3-4 rupture on me over the years just about right after their warranty period expired of course (all I had bought/installed myself either from Menards or Home Depot). The 6-year model ruptured on the 7th! The 12-year model ruptured on the 13th year! The 9-year model ruptured on the 10th (Yeah, I learned handiman work since my teens, doing/learned it that early)!!! Nearly on the mark, EVERY TIME!

Anyway, only recently did I learn about the anode rod after seeing them for the first time on sale at Home Depot for $25. Basically, if it's a 6-year warranty model, it has 1 anode rod, if it's 12 years, they add a 2nd anode rod or make the one twice as thick, etc. It works something like that.

Anyway, if it's a 6-year model, if say every 4 years, you turn off the pressure, drain it down a bit past the top-most level, you can unscrew out the anode rod from the top, go to Home Depot, buy another one to replace it...

What happens is, as soon as the anode rod finishes its sacrificial job of protecting the tank, when it's almost gone/dissolved away, the water will then quickly attack/corrode the steel tank away and rupture it in short order! You can run on the same tank for at least 25 years I hear if you pay attention and quickly catch an anode rod that's almost gone, etc.

So, what's better, spending $10-25 bucks (they're cheaper to buy online) every 3 years, or just waiting around for the tank to rupture, dump water all over the place, and then have to spend $400+ to buy, transport and install a whole new one ??

I wish somebody had taught me this long ago as I had to take a day off work once to quickly replace one... The last rupture which was not that long ago, I upgraded to a 50 gallon model (though I REALLY wanted to upgrade to a tankless-style model!!!!) and I marked the year of purchase, so when I hit the 3 year mark, I'm just gonna replace the rod no matter what condition it's in. Depending on your usage, how fast it wears out is gonna vary, that's the thing... So yeah, that's the protip-of-the-day for ya on that! :)

xcrement5x

Quote from: guest on 09/12/2015, 05:31 PM
Quote from: Nulltard on 09/12/2015, 03:13 PMThe new ebay app on android... it is going to save me a fortune by making it impossible to shop on the ebays from mah phone.
HA! I was thinking the same thing. I hate it too.
I am glad I am not the only person who thought this "upgrade" was a steaming pile of shit as well.

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/12/2015, 09:51 PM
Quote from: esteban on 09/02/2015, 11:51 AMI despise the never-ending list of things to fix in my house...

My water heater died yesterday! I hate unexpected $$$$$$ expenses (messes up the damn budget).

But, I am lucky that I caught it as a small leak and it didn't flood my basement with 50+ gallons of water.
Ah, I have a tip about that este if you're interested!

I've had about 3-4 rupture on me over the years just about right after their warranty period expired of course (all I had bought/installed myself either from Menards or Home Depot). Anyway, only recently did I learn about the anode rod after seeing them for the first time on sale at Home Depot for $25. Basically, if it's a 6 year warranty model, it has one anode rod, if it's 12 years, they add a second anode rod or make the one twice as thick, etc. It works something like that.

Anyway, if it's a 6 year model, if say every 4 years, you turn off the pressure, drain it down a bit past the top-most level, you can unscrew out the anode rod from the top, go to Home Depot, buy another one to replace it...

What happens is, as soon as the anode rod finishes its sacrificial job of protecting the tank, when it's almost gone/dissolved away, the water will then quickly attack/corrode the steel tank away and rupture it in short order! You can run on the same tank for at least 25 years I hear if you pay attention and quickly catch an anode rod that's almost gone, etc.

So, what's better, spending $10-25 bucks (they're cheaper to buy online) every 3 years, or just waiting around for the tank to rupture, dump water all over the place, and then have to spend $400+ to buy, transport and install a whole new one ??

I wish somebody had taught me this long ago as I had to take a day off work once to quickly replace one... The last rupture which was not that long ago, I upgraded to a 50 gallon model (though I REALLY wanted to upgrade to a tankless-style model!!!!) and I marked the year of purchase, so when I hit the 3 year mark, I'm just gonna replace the rod no matter what condition it's in. Depending on your usage, how fast it wears out is gonna vary, that's the thing... So yeah, that's the protip-of-the-day for ya on that! :)
Holy cow, I never knew about that. I thought I would have heard something, at some point, but...nope.

Anode rod recharge!

:$

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 09/17/2015, 06:29 PMHoly cow, I never knew about that. I thought I would have heard something, at some point, but...nope.

Anode rod recharge!

Yep, when you think how simple it is and all the ruptured tanks it could've saved you, it's quite bothering/infuriating...

I found you a perfect video, 4:26 minutes, gets the point across well, teaches everything you need to know, BAM!
How to Change a Water Heater Anode Rod - This Old House

If they can do it, you can do it! You might need a breaker bar for your socket if the hex head is locked tight though, they use a ratchet and the old grab-an-iron-pipe trick for leverage to get the job done! And the other tip, yeah, at least over a decade ago, they stopped making anode rods as one solid bar, they're now instead hung together in pieces so if you don't have enough height where your water heater is located, it's still easy-peasy to get the new one back in! If the old one is solid, you'd have to pull it out a couple of feet, use a hack saw while holding the bottom, and repeat if need be.

But yeah, perfect video right there from that Old House educational TV program by Bob Villa.

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/17/2015, 07:03 PM
Quote from: esteban on 09/17/2015, 06:29 PMHoly cow, I never knew about that. I thought I would have heard something, at some point, but...nope.

Anode rod recharge!

Yep, when you think how simple it is and all the ruptured tanks it could've saved you, it's quite bothering...

I found you a perfect video, 4:26 minutes, gets the point across well, teaches everything you need to know, BAM!

How to Change a Water Heater Anode Rod - This Old House
If they can do it, you can do it! You might need a breaker bar for your socket if the hex head is locked tight though, they use a ratchet and the old grap an iron pipe trick for leverage to get the job done! And the other tip, yeah, at least over a decade ago, they stopped making anode rods as one solid bar, they're now instead hung together in pieces so if you don't have enough height where your water heater is located, it's still easy-peasy to get the new one back in! If the old one is solid, you'd have to pull it out a couple of feet, use a hack saw while holding the bottom, and repeat if need be.

But yeah, perfect video right there from that Old House educational TV program by Bob Villa.
Great video. I preferred Bob Villa as a host, but this "new guy" has been on the show for...Jesus...20+ years now?

You will find this funny, but I remember when that plumber dude had hair and was skinnier. :) He's been on the show FOREVER.

I watched too much PBS as a kid. :)

I'm going to use a collapsible anode rod in a few years when I service this tank.

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 09/17/2015, 07:53 PMYou will find this funny, but I remember when that plumber dude had hair and was skinnier. :) He's been on the show FOREVER.
Hah, that's awesome! I don't know either of 'em actually, just Bob Villa from BITD. I rarely caught the show eons ago, just on a random occasion you know, and it was interesting seeing their rehab projects. Finding an old broken down home and transforming it into a beautiful castle by the end of it is cool shit in my book!

QuoteI'm going to use a collapsible anode rod in a few years when I service this tank.
Yeah, that's the only version Home Depot was selling here in Chicago for $25. You probably might have a better price where you are (unless you buy online for the best deal.). We are gifted with a 10% sales tax here for good measure, so we get "special" prices when we go old skool retail. :/

xcrement5x

Besides the anodes you can (and should) also replace the heating elements but that's easier to diagnose normally when your hot water heater tank just isn't putting out water. 

I actually had my water heater go out in the middle of February one year and it was miserable because while it was still under warranty, the person who installed the tank before didn't do it to code and I had to wait 2 weeks to get a similar model as a replacement.  The wife was not very happy with that.

esteban

^No! Hot water is important in February!

BigusSchmuck

vmorr

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 09/18/2015, 04:43 PMNintendo Quest. Enough said.
Got on the Google machine... Watched this trailor... What a bunch of bullshit lol

Nintendo Documentary: NINTENDO QUEST 2nd OFFICIAL TRAILER

wildfruit

You people should get combi boilers. Seems much less hassle.

NightWolve

I think the ideal is probably the tankless natural gas models. 20 year warranty, no tank to rupture, instant and perpetual hot water. They run at $1,000 retail these days, haven't looked for online deals though to see price ranges there.

I assume a "combi boiler" is if you've got a hot water boiler situation for heating during winter ? It would make sense that your hot water boiler heating system could be dual-purposed to be run all year round and also provide hot water to faucets I guess. However, most modern homes in the US go with forced-air heating systems, not hot water or old skool steam boilers.

I actually fixed a hot water system for a friend years back, the copper piping had frozen and ruptured near his front door. I replaced the section of pipe and resoldered/sweated it with 2 couplings in-between, then filled the system up and fired up the burner to give it a go. It does have a very nice feel to it unlike forced-air, I'll say that, it doesn't dry out the air, etc. The forced-air standard is due to its dual-purposing for cooling/AC support in the summer, so you get both capabilities.

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/19/2015, 07:03 PMI think the ideal is probably the tankless natural gas models. 20 year warranty, no tank to rupture, instant and pepetual hot water. They run at $1,000 retail these days, haven't looked for online deals though to see price ranges there.

I assume a "combi boiler" is if you've got a hot water boiler situation for heating during winter ? It would make sense that your hot water boiler heating system could be dual-purposed to be run all year round and also provide hot water to faucets I guess. However, most modern homes in the US go with forced-air heating systems, not hot water or old skool steam boilers.

I actually fixed a hot water system for a friend years back, the copper piping had frozen and ruptured near his front door. I replaced the section of pipe and resoldered/sweated it with 2 couplings inbetween, then filled the system up and fired up the burner to give it a go. It does have a very nice feel to it unlike forced-air, I'll say that, it doesn't dry out the air, etc. The forced-air standard is due to its dual-purposing for cooling/AC support in the summer, so you get both capabilities.
Yeah, I have fixed hot water for heat in winter and I love it.

I've had steam and forced hot air in the past...

I DESPISE....

Mosquito bites.

I was eaten alive this evening.

I am trying not to itch.

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 09/19/2015, 08:53 PMI DESPISE....

Mosquito bites.

I was eaten alive this evening.

I am trying not to itch.
Heh, sure enough, I have another protip for that too. ;)

Blow dryer... Bernie-style!

Heat up the skin till its nice and hot, and the nerves are all confused.

That'll give you about 4-5 hours of relief. Do it again when needed. This avoids buying 20% benzocaine anesthetic at the dollar store which also helps. Sometimes if the bite is real bad, both will help though.

But yeah, heat it up nice till it turns red, getting flooded with blood, preferably as soon as you're bitten, and you'll notice relief for a few hours and faster healing since you'll avoid itching.

wildfruit

This isn't really a despise but living with a mentally ill spouse is draining me. I feel worn out.

esteban

Quote from: wildfruit on 09/24/2015, 02:38 PMThis isn't really a despise but living with a mentally ill spouse is draining me. I feel worn out.
My wife and I take turns playing that role. It's tough. I'm not sure which of us is closer to sanity.

MrMaffew

My roommate constantly smells vaguely of this old, musty, pepperoni smell. It's everywhere and can't be stopped. Send help.

wildfruit

Quote from: MrMaffew on 09/24/2015, 04:34 PMMy roommate constantly smells vaguely of this old, musty, pepperoni smell. It's everywhere and can't be stopped. Send help.
Solution
Live without roommate

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/24/2015, 09:14 PMMove me in instead. I smell like fresh pepperoni and cabbage.
I smell like Soyrizo and kimchi.

And, if I don't use deodorant, my armpits smell like French onion soup.

wildfruit

My unwashed pits smell like cannabis.
True storie

Psycho Punch

The article "Proposed American Standard: Twelve-Row Punched-Card Code for Information Interchange" published in ACM Communications in the 80's costs US$ 15 for download.

Seriously, fuck the scientific journal industry.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/30/2015, 07:59 PMThe article "Proposed American Standard: Twelve-Row Punched-Card Code for Information Interchange" published in ACM Communications in the 80's costs US$ 15 for download.

Seriously, fuck the scientific journal industry.
That's insane.

TANGENT: I see my dad's old punchcards as bookmarks when I was a kid.

wildfruit

I despise how much I just realised I was addicted to social media. So I deleted my facebook, twitter and whatsapp.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: wildfruit on 10/06/2015, 06:03 PMI despise how much I just realised I was addicted to social media. So I deleted my facebook, twitter and whatsapp.
Good on you. I got rid of Facebook a while back (never had WhatsApp and had Twitter for maybe a month with two posts while I was trying to market myself -- that did not last). Shedding it is so liberating. Now if only I could quit video game forums.

wildfruit

Quote from: guest on 10/06/2015, 06:10 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 10/06/2015, 06:03 PMI despise how much I just realised I was addicted to social media. So I deleted my facebook, twitter and whatsapp.
Good on you. I got rid of Facebook a while back (never had WhatsApp and had Twitter for maybe a month with two posts while I was trying to market myself -- that did not last). Shedding it is so liberating. Now if only I could quit video game forums.
I can't do that. Then I would have to talk to the wife.

esteban

Quote from: wildfruit on 10/06/2015, 06:15 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/06/2015, 06:10 PM
I can't do that. Then I would have to talk to the wife.
Hahjaahahahhahahaa.

Psycho Punch

I don't get the point of twitter, and I only have Facebook to use it as "Cloud storage" for my camera photos, check out the Tatsujin PCE group and to chat with friends. Actually I use facebook so infrequently that my friends are always annoyed that I take "centuries" to reply to them.

I don't get how people can be so addicted to that kind of stuff.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

wildfruit

Quote from: guest on 10/07/2015, 07:38 PMI don't get the point of twitter, and I only have Facebook to use it as "Cloud storage" for my camera photos, check out the Tatsujin PCE group and to chat with friends. Actually I use facebook so infrequently that my friends are always annoyed that I take "centuries" to reply to them.

I don't get how people can be so addicted to that kind of stuff.
My point is if people are really your friends they can call you if they need to right?
Also I love one drive for cloud storage. I take a pic on my phone it magically appears on my PC.

Psycho Punch

FUUUCK LEGENDARY AXE ZONE 5

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

blueraven

The cafe up the road that doubled their prices, and the food is smaller. $11 for coffee and a short stack pancakes!??!?!

THAT SHIT COSTS .14c TO MAKE GOING TO THE STORE FUCK YOU

wildfruit

Quote from: blueraven on 10/17/2015, 06:34 PMThe cafe up the road that doubled their prices, and the food is smaller. $11 for coffee and a short stack pancakes!??!?!

That is steep. For that much I can get full English in my favourite cafe. And that's London prices. What kind of place is this?

blueraven

Quote from: wildfruit on 10/18/2015, 03:01 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 10/17/2015, 06:34 PMThe cafe up the road that doubled their prices, and the food is smaller. $11 for coffee and a short stack pancakes!??!?!

That is steep. For that much I can get full English in my favourite cafe. And that's London prices. What kind of place is this?
A place that charges $15-20 if you want two eggs and 2 slices of bacon with them pancakes. It was a cheap place in the 1970's, but now its "authentic": and overrun with hipsters.. I'll just cook, myself. A full English sounds damn good right now.

SuperGrafx

Quote from: blueraven on 10/18/2015, 04:19 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 10/18/2015, 03:01 PM

A place that charges $15-20 if you want two eggs and 2 slices of bacon with them pancakes. It was a cheap place in the 1970's, but now its "authentic": and overrun with hipsters.. I'll just cook, myself. A full English sounds damn good right now.
I feel for you.
There's a place here that I used to frequent often and the same damn thing has happened.
Increased prices and an influx of unwashed hipsters.

wildfruit

My old tv has died. After about 15 years of faithful service I am currently RGB CRT less 😓😓

CGQuarterly

Quote from: wildfruit on 10/25/2015, 04:55 PMMy old tv has died. After about 15 years of faithful service I am currently RGB CRT less 😓😓
Time for a Framemeister.

wildfruit

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 10/25/2015, 05:15 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 10/25/2015, 04:55 PMMy old tv has died. After about 15 years of faithful service I am currently RGB CRT less 😓😓
Time for a Framemeister.
Nah. I'm on the hunt.

CGQuarterly

Quote from: wildfruit on 10/25/2015, 05:15 PM
Time for a Framemeister.
Nah. I'm on the hunt.
Where are you located?

xcrement5x

Leaves.  Why fuck do you fall off trees into my yard?

wildfruit

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 10/25/2015, 06:17 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 10/25/2015, 05:15 PM
Time for a Framemeister.
Nah. I'm on the hunt.
Where are you located?
London

shawnji

Millipedes and Centipedes.  I've had four of the former and one of the latter in my apartment in the two months since I moved to Mississippi.  I'm constantly freaked out that one is going to end up in my bed during the night.  I will flip right the **** out if that happens.  Nothing should have that many legs.