@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine

Started by sirhcman, 09/19/2016, 09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gredler

Afaik it's the henshin more than engine, henshin is a generic word someone has rights to, and apparently also has a anime style girl mascot.

henshin.com

LostFlunky

Quote from: Gredler on 11/19/2017, 01:50 PMAfaik it's the henshin more than engine, henshin is a generic word someone has rights to, and apparently also has a anime style girl mascot.

henshin.com
Well that website almost has content.

OldRover

Yeah, that dude was being a dick about it, trying to sucker Saru into paying money to license the name. FFS, Saru Studio just started up and already someone's trying to be a fucker. Saru already lost $600 on the trademark registration that was rejected thanks to this other dude submitting a class 9 registration ON THE SAME FUCKING DAY. This production was expensive enough, so instead of giving this greedy jackass four figures for the license, Saru changed the name. So this dude can pound sand until he finds eggs to suck.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

LostFlunky

Just call it "Yuki Imagine of the PCE World" and be done with it.

turboswimbz

I believe it would actually be extremely difficult for him to win in an actual court . . .  I'd like to see him try to sue an anime production company, which his trademark could technically cover, it's quite broad. I doubt he would, but pick on the homebrew guys sure no problem.  That being said I assume you guys don't have both time and money for a legal battle. A shitty situation.  Well, hopefully I get to buy something soon. 

I say you just call it Hen-Chin and call it a parody. hahahaha.

If anyone is interested here is a copy of the general info in the trademark.

https://trademarks.justia.com/875/64/henshin-87564591.html
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Arkhan Asylum

I'm confused, since the US trademark shows Henshin Engine as a live trademark.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldRover

Saru still has time to contest it, that is why it shows up as live. However, this is costly to do and can take years... it's not worth the effort.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Arkhan Asylum

That's all pretty stupid.

Henshin and Henshin Engine are two different things.

Does the guy intend to go after anyone who puts the word Henshin at the start of a thing? 

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldRover

Yup. Remember when that one company did that for "Edge"?

crazydean

Quote from: OldRover on 11/19/2017, 08:01 PMYup. Remember when that one company did that for "Edge"?
Yup. And it worked for a while.

turboswimbz

Quote from: crazydean on 11/19/2017, 08:10 PM
Quote from: OldRover on 11/19/2017, 08:01 PMYup. Remember when that one company did that for "Edge"?
Yup. And it worked for a while.
yeah right up to the point when he threatened EA and it backfired and he ended up having to give up much of his trademarks and pay all his own legal fees to do so.  I guess they are still going strong with this as they still have licenses active, but I'm guessing a number of people just go with the rename it and don't deal with it route.
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Arkhan Asylum

lol, I wish you guys were more confrontational like me, because I am sure the fireworks would be entertaining.

I'd probably change the games name to "Not Henshin Engine Because HenshinGuy Is a Dick"

just to spite the guy

OldRover

I used to have a hell of a lot more fight in me but in recent years, I've been more of a "yeah whatevs" kind of dude when it comes to this stuff. :)

seieienbu

Well that sucks.  This reminds me of when Candy Crush sued the Banner Saga for having the gall to use the word "Saga" in their name.  It sounds to me like this guy has nothing to stand on though.  After all, how else does Dove soap and Dove chocolate exist in the same world?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

CrackTiger

Whoever owned the rights to the game Myst went around suing anyone titling games with anything similar to the word. Sega caved when they threatened legal action over Mystaria: The Realms of Lore for Sega Saturn. After pulling it from shelves they re-released it as Blazing Heroes.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: seieienbu on 11/19/2017, 09:48 PMWell that sucks.  This reminds me of when Candy Crush sued the Banner Saga for having the gall to use the word "Saga" in their name.  It sounds to me like this guy has nothing to stand on though.  After all, how else does Dove soap and Dove chocolate exist in the same world?
they aren't competing markets.

people don't eat soap.

gilbert

Just change the name to 'PC Transform'  :roll:, unless Hasbro manages to sue you (not that likely, as the word Henshin is a foreign word outside Japan it's more reasonable to have been trademarked in non-Japanese countries, whereas the word "transform" is quite generic to be trademarkable, though it didn't stop M$ from trying to TM words like Office and... well... Word, and, you guys mentioned it already, SAGA).

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: guest on 11/19/2017, 11:43 PM
Quote from: seieienbu on 11/19/2017, 09:48 PMWell that sucks.  This reminds me of when Candy Crush sued the Banner Saga for having the gall to use the word "Saga" in their name.  It sounds to me like this guy has nothing to stand on though.  After all, how else does Dove soap and Dove chocolate exist in the same world?
they aren't competing markets.

people don't eat soap.
Hey now, I happen to like the eating soap!  Over the years I got to be quite a connoisseur of soap. My personal preference was for Lux, but I found Palmolive had a nice, piquant after-dinner flavor - heady, but with just a touch of mellow smoothness.

This all reminds me of how Hasbro almost lost the name Megatron to some Korean company or something that had some device coming out called the Megatron, though I don't know if said device ever got released.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 11/20/2017, 12:42 AMHey now, I happen to like the eating soap!  Over the years I got to be quite a connoisseur of soap. My personal preference was for Lux, but I found Palmolive had a nice, piquant after-dinner flavor - heady, but with just a touch of mellow smoothness.
SOAPPPPPPP.

PPPPOISONINGGGGGG.

*melodrama*

NecroPhile

You social media peeps should shit all over this guy with yelp reviews, youtube review videos, etc.  Make him regret his predatory shenanigans and ruin the name of "henshin", so any time someone googles the name they see multiple negative comments alongside his site.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

turboswimbz

SignOfZeta

People are such assholes. There's nothing you can do about this except come up with a different pun. You win at law by winning at capitalism first. Without a pile of money you'll never get these assholes to go away, despite them not having a legal or ethical leg to stand on (a single non-proper word is not prior art). It doesn't matter. Bummer.
IMG

NecroPhile

Yep, it's complete shit.  I've no doubt you'd prevail if you took him to court, but the reality of going to court is that only the lawyers win.

DeshDildo

That shitty Henshin website has a mailing address.  I like sending good old fashioned hate mail.  I only need to send two words to relay my feelings.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

turboswimbz

On the upside since Arks talking about dove, I have sweet dove chocolate banners for ads now on the site.

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

OldRover

Being the genius that he is, Saru not only found a way around the trademark issue, but also came up with a name and concept that was actually superior to what it was before. :D

turboswimbz

Quote from: OldRover on 11/21/2017, 12:28 AMBeing the genius that he is, Saru not only found a way around the trademark issue, but also came up with a name and concept that was actually superior to what it was before. :D
Well tell him to get his butt here and tell us about it.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Desh on 11/20/2017, 09:12 PMThat shitty Henshin website has a mailing address.  I like sending good old fashioned hate mail.  I only need to send two words to relay my feelings.
poopsenders.com

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 11/21/2017, 09:19 AM
Quote from: Desh on 11/20/2017, 09:12 PMThat shitty Henshin website has a mailing address.  I like sending good old fashioned hate mail.  I only need to send two words to relay my feelings.
poopsenders.com
the sister site to shipadick.com

CrackTiger

Quote from: turboswimbz on 11/21/2017, 08:18 AM
Quote from: The Old Rover on 11/21/2017, 12:28 AMBeing the genius that he is, Saru not only found a way around the trademark issue, but also came up with a name and concept that was actually superior to what it was before. :D
If you have reason to believe that anyone might try to make a claim on a property you're developing, it's best to keep it under wraps until you're confident it's secure.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 11/21/2017, 01:47 PM
Quote from: turboswimbz on 11/21/2017, 08:18 AM
Quote from: OldRover on 11/21/2017, 12:28 AMBeing the genius that he is, Saru not only found a way around the trademark issue, but also came up with a name and concept that was actually superior to what it was before. :D
If you have reason to believe that anyone might try to make a claim on a property you're developing, it's best to keep it under wraps until you're confident it's secure.
Good Point.  However that wasn't meant to be taken seriously / literally. :).

CrackTiger

I don't know what the plan is, but I don't think that the rebranding should be unveiled until the day it ships.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: CrackTiger on 11/21/2017, 04:15 PMI don't know what the plan is, but I don't think that the rebranding should be unveiled until the day it ships.
Or at least until the trademark clears, lol

Gredler

Glad I'm not working on anything that could get potentially C&D'ed

IMG

ToyMachine78

Use the site Nulltard found, where you can anonymously send fresh animal shit to someone.

Edit: After further reading, I see NecroPhile was on top of it.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 11/22/2017, 12:20 PM
Use the site Nulltard found, where you can anonymously send fresh animal shit to someone.

Nah man use Shipadick.com

lol

OldRover

Let me just say, for the record, that I cannot publicly condone nor condemn anything from these two sites sent their way. :D

BigusSchmuck

Couldn't you just put in a dash Henshin-Engine and call it a day?
Quote from: Gredler on 11/21/2017, 05:08 PMGlad I'm not working on anything that could get potentially C&D'ed
IMG
Well maybe that catapult from Blazing Dragons... 17:52 into the video

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 11/22/2017, 01:30 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/22/2017, 12:20 PM

Nah man use Shipadick.com

lol
The douche would probably be thrilled to get a large cardboard dick in the mail.

Sarumaru

So to clear things up, yes, there was a problem with the name in regards to our trademark application and it getting rejected mostly in part because Henshin Inc exists. However, thanks to a passive-aggressive email I got from the owner of Henshin Inc, it allowed me to put a plan in place early on. I will be making an announcement in the next few days regarding all of it as well as the release of the game. So stay tuned!

turboswimbz

Quote from: Ѕarumaru on 11/23/2017, 11:49 PMSo to clear things up, yes, there was a problem with the name in regards to our trademark application and it getting rejected mostly in part because Henshin Inc exists. However, thanks to a passive-aggressive email I got from the owner of Henshin Inc, it allowed me to put a plan in place early on. I will be making an announcement in the next few days regarding all of it as well as the release of the game. So stay tuned!
IMG

OldRover

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 11/23/2017, 07:05 PMCouldn't you just put in a dash Henshin-Engine and call it a day?
No, because the issue is with "Henshin", and a dash would be after the word, so it would make no legal difference. Yeah... it's that specific.

SignOfZeta

Can't you just print it in Japanese everywhere and then misspell the romanization? That's my lazy workaround.

へんしん
Hhensheen.
IMG

Sarumaru

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 11/24/2017, 01:32 PMCan't you just print it in Japanese everywhere and then misspell the romanization? That's my lazy workaround.

へんしん
Hhensheen.
Hashish Engine

fraggore

I am glad the game will still get a release as with the webpage gone i was getting worried i had wasted my money, would be a shame as the game was looking really promising and i was liking the changes you made pretty much everything i mentioned in my youtube video.

you could call it

hengine or shingine
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

cr8zykuban0

i need this game to come out....NAAAAOOOO!!!!!

OldRover

It's going to manufacturing next week... finally.

HailingTheThings

IMG

esteban

Quote from: The Old Rover on 12/07/2017, 09:39 PMIt's going to manufacturing next week... finally.
Awesome.

Also, I can't believe all the garbage surrounding henshin.inc.douche... that was the last thing I expected to see in this thread.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG