PCE Works- Dracula X - Standard Edition - New Release

Started by Astronaut_79, 05/03/2016, 07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astronaut_79

For anyone who missed out on the PCE Works "deluxe" edition reproduction last year and doesn't want to shell out $230+ for a copy on eBay, they now have a two disc (one is in English) "standard" edition for sale. I bought mine for just under $70 shipped to the US.

This version is very similar to the deluxe edition. The packaging is different and you miss out on a sticker, but still get the bookmark and mini poster. Personally. I think this edition looks a little nicer.

I am in no way affiliated with the company, just thought I would share with anyone else who is a Dracula X fan.

https://pceworks.wordpress.com/availability/
What a horrible night to have a curse...

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

elmer

Quote from: Astronaut_79 on 05/03/2016, 07:04 AM... they now have a two disc (one is in English) "standard" edition for sale.
Are you sure that it's a two disc bundle?

The picture only shows one CD from what I can see, and the description doesn't mention including an English-translated CD, just an English manual.

If he's charging money for the fan-translated English-patched CD as well, then he's crossing-the-line again.

SignOfZeta

You paid $70 for a bootleg PCE game?

You fucked up.
IMG

jtucci31

I'm so glad these threads still pop up every once in awhile :lol:

MNKyDeth

Makes me appreciate Bernie and what he did for us here so much more.

CrackTiger

If you buy the English version from "PCEWorks", you are encouraging him to bootleg more fan translations which will make more hackers/translators/programmers abandon the PCE scene.

This Drac X set in all of its incarnations has already done enough damage.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Gredler

What a hilarious troll, this has to be intentional, it has to be.

khyron65

Quote from: Gredler on 05/03/2016, 02:14 PMWhat a hilarious troll, this has to be intentional, it has to be.
Na, he has 5 posts. Likely a noob like myself who didnt know any better..... I still have no idea what is going on lol but im sure in hell not buying that repo!

SignOfZeta

Every year there is a new graduating class, and every year two million more noobs jump into the fight for the same supply of PCE games.

Still praying for the crash...
IMG

khyron65

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 05/03/2016, 02:59 PMEvery year there is a new graduating class, and every year two million more noobs jump into the fight for the same supply of PCE games.

Still praying for the crash...
UGH. Im a returning gamer. I got out early 2000, only coming back for the turbo. Im kicking myself in the ass now with these prices.

synbiosfan

Why does it seem like no one does any research before buying boots.

I guess if you made a thread about how research saved you from falling for some bs no one would care.

khyron65

Im at work right now but this subject has me curious. Seems like there is going to be some entertaining threads/ info out there.

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 05/03/2016, 07:13 AMNo energy drink? Fuck that...

Thanks for sharing, though. Sharing is caring afterall!
:lol:

Yeah, just not the same without his clever deal sweetener, is it ? ;)

Astronaut_79

I am definitely a PC Engine noob and am also new to these forums. I wanted nothing more than to share this info with those who might want a copy. There is supposed to be an English translated disc which accompanies this set, but it is a "limited" supply. I own an original copy of Dracula X, but thought it would be nice to have an English manual and artwork, even if it is a bootleg. From what I have heard, the quality is very good.

$70 may sound like a lot, but considering an original copy of Drac X sells "cheap" for $175, I'd say it's a reasonable price for two discs. Not trying to stir the pot, I'd rather, "share the love."

ginoscope

Quote from: Astronaut_79 on 05/03/2016, 03:44 PMI am definitely a PC Engine noob and am also new to these forums. I wanted nothing more than to share this info with those who might want a copy. There is supposed to be an English translated disc which accompanies this set, but it is a "limited" supply. I own an original copy of Dracula X, but thought it would be nice to have an English manual and artwork, even if it is a bootleg. From what I have heard, the quality is very good.

$70 may sound like a lot, but considering an original copy of Drac X sells "cheap" for $175, I'd say it's a reasonable price for two discs. Not trying to stir the pot, I'd rather, "share the love."
While your intent was definitely noble the cold response you are getting is because the maker of those disc has a bad history with the PCE community.  With that out of the way he does produce quality reproductions.

crazydean

Quote from: Astronaut_79 on 05/03/2016, 03:44 PMI am definitely a PC Engine noob and am also new to these forums. I wanted nothing more than to share this info with those who might want a copy. There is supposed to be an English translated disc which accompanies this set, but it is a "limited" supply. I own an original copy of Dracula X, but thought it would be nice to have an English manual and artwork, even if it is a bootleg. From what I have heard, the quality is very good.

For $70 I could buy over 300 blank CD-Rs.

Gredler

One man's "love" is another man's "stolen goods". Careful what you share and who you're sharing with it, if you're not a troll alt account.

esteban

Search the forum for "Tobias"
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SignOfZeta

Seventy bucks for a bootleg that costs $1 to make IS a lot. The value of the original could be $1M, that has nothing to do with it. That's not how collecting works and it's not how bootlegging works.

It doesn't cost Tobias more money to crank these things about because the game is expensive. Fuck.

You noobs must get ripped off every time you open your web browser. No understanding of what's rare and special and 25 years old and what's just some shitty CD a guy in Germany can make more of any time he wants and charge the moon and the sky.

You guys are fucking dumb.
IMG

SignOfZeta

Oh, since you might not know, this forum bought a bunch of loosies from the guy and literally GAVE AWAY HUNDREDS OF COPIES of this game and many others to anyone who wanted one for free. No joke, it was just last year.

So that's your constructive alternative outlook to my rant, in case you needed one.
IMG

khyron65

oooohhhh this dude was making sapphire repos and selling them off as legit apparently too. flooding the market with bootlegs. A lot of folks thought they had the real deal only to find otherwise when they tried to sell. This happened before the Rondo BS.

Total douchbaggery

ToyMachine78

Jesus... Must we rehash this again?

This needs to be added to the membership acceptance email or confirmation.

"Congratulations! Welcome to pcengine-fx.com! To complete your membership you must click the link below to activate your username, and vow to never discuss or support PCE Works or have any affiliations with the owner Tobias"

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 05/03/2016, 05:43 PMvow to never discuss or support PCE Works or have any affiliations with the owner Tobias"
Discussion is entirely different than promotion, and I think the response is a frustration that Tobias has somehow convinced people that it's more normal to buy a bootleg than burn a copy for yourself.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Gredler on 05/03/2016, 05:59 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/03/2016, 05:43 PMvow to never discuss or support PCE Works or have any affiliations with the owner Tobias"
Discussion is entirely different than promotion, and I think the response is a frustration that Tobias has somehow convinced people that it's more normal to buy a bootleg than burn a copy for yourself.
Well even discussing him or his operation tends to go south quickly, and spawns a bunch of book length butt hurt. Posts.

$70 is ridiculous for a bootleg, but who are we to tell someone how to spend their money.

mickcris

I find this argument a bit silly.  Everybody seems to love turbokon's new bootlegs but hates tobias'.  The same argument can be had with those.  You could just put the game on an everdrive instead of buying a "repro" hucard.  If someone wants to pay a bit extra for box art and such, I dont see a problem with it.  I think its dumb, but some people like that.  Yeah, the profit margin is probably a lot higher on Tobias' boots, as they are CDs and cost a bit more, but what is the acceptable profit margin before everyone starts complaining?

CrackTiger

To put the cost of PCEWorks CD bootlegs into perspective, Atlantean was sold for $60. It is a 3D printed and hand-assembled  HuAbCard in a 3D printed HuCard case, made with glow-in-the-dark blue plastic. It has a glossy full-color label, color manual and a random limited edition POG.

An optional rom is also included in the price. It's recently made by three guys who put 100's of hours of work into it without being paid. Tobias told NightWolve that he could only afford to pay him $1 per bootleg because his profit margins are so low on the games he did not make in the first place.

Atlantean is likely the lowest print Turbo/PCE game currently existing and much rarer than Magical Chase or the extremely common Dracula X.

This new value-priced edition bootleg of Dracula X is still half the price of the real deal. In the meantime, this crap is happening:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/PC-Engine-Dracula-X-Energy-Drink-Limited-Edition-New-Akumajo-Memories-/262394039564?nav=SEARCH

Quote from: mickcris on 05/03/2016, 06:10 PMI find this argument a bit silly.  Everybody seems to love turbokon's new bootlegs but hates tobias'.  The same argument can be had with those.  You could just put the game on an everdrive instead of buying a "repro" hucard.  If someone wants to pay a bit extra for box art and such, I dont see a problem with it.  I think its dumb, but some people like that.  Yeah, the profit margin is probably a lot higher on Tobias' boots, as they are CDs and cost a bit more, but what is the acceptable profit margin before everyone starts complaining?
The general consensus in the past has been that $30 is the barrier for CD bootlegs with full sized manuals. But Tobias' products will always be tainted by selling several not-for-sale fan projects and telling the authors he can't afford to compensate them or if they're lucky, he'll toss them a buck per game if they sign a contract agreeing to Tobias promoting them as a PCEWorks team member.

turbokon's products are full on physical HuCards in a case with covers, for only $45. If any hombrewer asks them not to sell any of their roms on them, I can't see turbokon & co saying "fuck you" and laughing all the way to the bank.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NecroPhile

Quote from: mickcris on 05/03/2016, 06:10 PMI find this argument a bit silly.  Everybody seems to love turbokon's new bootlegs but hates tobias'.  The same argument can be had with those.  You could just put the game on an everdrive instead of buying a "repro" hucard.
People aren't mad just because he's selling boots, expensive or not.  It's the lies about them being legitimate and that he's selling them nearly at cost, and the fact that he's driving translators away by using their translations without credit, remuneration, permission, or even offering a free copy as a thank-you (though he's got plenty of freebies to send to youtube promoters).

In short, people don't like him because he's a profiteering asshole with little regard for the community.  If you can't understand the difference between him and people like Turbokon, Sparky, etc., then you're the one being silly and/or an intentionally ignorant ostrich with your head in the sand.

Quote from: mickcris on 05/03/2016, 06:10 PMIf someone wants to pay a bit extra for box art and such, I dont see a problem with it.  I think its dumb, but some people like that.  Yeah, the profit margin is probably a lot higher on Tobias' boots, as they are CDs and cost a bit more, but what is the acceptable profit margin before everyone starts complaining?
A cd with regular jewel case runs about $2 each to have made, whereas he's selling them for $30-40 each.  Even factoring in the additional costs of his lame packaging, gimmick coins, and other junk, a profit margin of 90% is well beyond 'a bit extra'.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Astronaut_79

Thanks for the background on this guy, I (obviously) had no idea he was so loathed. Though I'm new to NEC, I've been playing since the Atari days. So not a gaming noob, just PCE. This is the only repro. I own, though I wouldn't belittle someone for buying knock-offs (like that "other" Dracula X game on SNES). Some of the game prices today are beyond ridiculous! I totally understand the need for fan made stuff. I thought it would be OK after seeing the repro. Hu cards posted for sale, at a much more reasonable price. I would have loved to split some of those loosies you all got.

As a hardcore Castlevania fan, getting a physical English language copy of Dracula X is worth the dough. With the extras, even though they're just printed BS, I think they look awesome (I am a CIB guy). That all said, at $70 a pop, he is clearly making a killing off of someone else's artistic license. I did think, "How the hell can he get away with this?" when I first found out about "that" company. I know Konami and some of the other developers have fallen on hard times, but WTF?! Still, I am supporting piracy. Maybe they don't give a crap about this in Deutschland?

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

mickcris

Quote from: guest on 05/03/2016, 06:44 PM
Quote from: mickcris on 05/03/2016, 06:10 PMI find this argument a bit silly.  Everybody seems to love turbokon's new bootlegs but hates tobias'.  The same argument can be had with those.  You could just put the game on an everdrive instead of buying a "repro" hucard.
People aren't mad just because he's selling boots, expensive or not.  It's the lies about them being legitimate and that he's selling them nearly at cost, and the fact that he's driving translators away by using their translations without credit, remuneration, permission, or even offering a free copy as a thank-you (though he's got plenty of freebies to send to youtube promoters).

In short, people don't like him because he's a profiteering asshole with little regard for the community.  If you can't understand the difference between him and people like Turbokon, Sparky, etc., then you're the one being silly and/or an intentionally ignorant ostrich with your head in the sand.

Quote from: mickcris on 05/03/2016, 06:10 PMIf someone wants to pay a bit extra for box art and such, I dont see a problem with it.  I think its dumb, but some people like that.  Yeah, the profit margin is probably a lot higher on Tobias' boots, as they are CDs and cost a bit more, but what is the acceptable profit margin before everyone starts complaining?
A cd with regular jewel case runs about $2 each to have made, whereas he's selling them for $30-40 each.  Even factoring in the additional costs of his lame packaging, gimmick coins, and other junk, a profit margin of 90% is well beyond 'a bit extra'.
I am in no way defending Tobias' actions.  Everyone here just seemed to be complaining about the price in this thread.  I know the history behind what he did and I dont think it right.
I just dont see the need for the CD bootlegs or hu card ones.  They are just something pretty people want to put on a shelf.  I have no problem with that either if that is what people want to do.  Price is subjective also.  Some people obviously dont care what they pay for things.

Astronaut_79

Quote from: guest on 05/03/2016, 06:30 PMThis new value-priced edition bootleg of Dracula X is still half the price of the real deal. In the meantime, this crap is happening: http://m.ebay.com/itm/PC-Engine-Dracula-X-Energy-Drink-Limited-Edition-New-Akumajo-Memories-/262394039564?nav=SEARCH
This too: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Engine-Turbografx-2-CD-Akumajo-Dracula-X-Castlevania-Rondo-of-Blood-Reprint-/272210917979?hash=item3f6108fa5b:g:6boAAOSwKtlWqUVx

Cheapest price on eBay is $250+ for the "deluxe" edition. I see them sell for $235-$260. A used complete one went for $150 a little while ago.

At $70, it's almost 1/3 of what a complete original goes for nowadays. $200+ is very common.

NightWolve

Quote from: mickcris on 05/03/2016, 06:10 PMEverybody seems to love turbokon's new bootlegs but hates tobias'.
That's intentionally subtracting context/history away in defense of Tobias. Turbokon never went on eBay, pretended he had some lost batch of Sapphire CDs, and forged a document purported to be by Hudson Soft to further backup this lying/fraud, etc. Tobias did, and down the road in the aftermath this caused thousands of dollars in damage to the public who got tricked into thinking those Sapphires were real and paid the crazy big-spending rates you see versus what bootlegs normally go for. Stores thought they had real copies, sold the copies to buyers, only for the buyer to discover they got sealed bootlegs, then having to dispute it all with the store/seller thinking the buyer is lying, etc. You get the idea of the mess that the guy caused...

Comparing him to team turbokon/jodi or other bootleggers is unjust... There are no forged Hudson documents, lies, and using fan translated works without permission/inclusion, etc. as there is with Tobias' history. His Dracula X bootleg objectively is a thing of beauty, no denying that, I'd want one myself, but he catches hate/flak for all the shit he pulled in the past! People that got burned by him who bought his fake Sapphires wanted to see him get shut down, not come back bigger than ever, and even see him celebrated around Youtube gamer channels as a "hero" who does it "for the love of it."

So, that's the issue... You can do bootlegs right/ethically to some degree, there's no harm/no foul when the games reasonably fall under abandonware/de facto public domain, but Tobias has a history of issues, and that's why he's hated more so than it just being plain general opposition to bootlegs (which may be true for some people here, NOT ALL!).

SignOfZeta

If you actually look at what it costs to press a CD in quantities of at least a few thousand you'll find that it isn't even $7 let alone $70. Tobias is making a margin Mercedes or Walmart would kill for, not to mention Konami. It's an outright ripoff. Nobody who ACTUALLY MAKES SHIT makes this kind of profit. In the business world %10 is considered really good. Apple is lucky if they break %40 and they need armies of wage slaves and massive economies of scale to do it. Tobias is hitting at %600-700 at least. His costs? Owning an original Dracula X, which since he's not a noob he probably paid max $80 for because that's what it cost from its release until about two years ago.

Noob collectard gamers don't know this or really much of anything about games or how they are made though, apparently. They just buy shit. I'd say maybe only American anime fans are slightly worse at demanding all sorts of shit from products while often having little to no skills creativity or technical knowledge of how the shit gets made. It's weird. You'd think if they liked the stuff they'd be more interested in what it actually IS. Earlier generations of fans usually were (i.e. Gainax) and this place is absolutely crawling with coders, modders, hackers, remixers, translators, and people who will beat or out score almost anyone in at least one game...but apparently there's been some serious fan muscle atrophy in recent years in the outside world because these kids can't seem do anything but take pride in inflating prices.
IMG

Otaking

Akuma-JO DraCrystala seX - Charge no Rondong
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

NightWolve

CrackTiger

Quote from: Astronaut_79 on 05/03/2016, 06:56 PMAt $70, it's almost 1/3 of what a complete original goes for nowadays. $200+ is very common.
Top end selling prices are for flippers. Game buyers should be more interested in the fact that Drac X regularly sells for $160 on eBay. People not understanding the difference between asking and selling prices or how to shop in general is drives high end price spikes and raising prices in general.

Even when Tobias' clueless edition was still available directly from PCEWorks, crooks were listing it on eBay for $700 as the long lost limited edition variant or unreleased TTi prototype. Because they know how uninformed and gullible most collectards are.

So there's now multiple tiers of gouging happening, but instead of naturally driving down prices of the real Dracula X, too many idiots are now looking at it as being worth more, since a bootleg "sells" for so much.

mickcris

I get it.  There are strong opinions here about what is acceptable to pirate and what is not.  It's all still piracy whether or not the company or person's intellectual property cares or knows you are selling it.  But I don't really care if people want to pirate things.

Otaking

seieienbu

Quote from: mickcris on 05/03/2016, 07:35 PMI get it.  There are strong opinions here about what is acceptable to pirate and what is not.  It's all still piracy whether or not the company or person's intellectual property cares or knows you are selling it.  But I don't really care if people want to pirate things.
I don't care that Tobias wants to make money pirating old games.  I only care that he stole recent work from active community members and in the past lied about Sapphire reproductions.  It's not the mere fact that he was pirating and profiteering, it's how he went about it that gets my ire up.

Yeah, I think my view of things is at least a bit hypocritical; (if you're willing to steal from Hudson/etc then what's different about stealing from Nightwolve, Bonknuts, or Tru?  However, I can see a clear line where on one side you're either profiting on people's work who are still invested (or perhaps even making an accessory to piracy/etc without their consent) and on the other you have people who Aren't doing that.

If a bootlegger showed up out of nowhere and first asked permission from active community members before publishing his wares, offered up a reasonable percentage of profits, and finally was willing to Not sell the games if the guy didn't want them sold then I think he would probably be lauded as doing a great service.  The difference between him and Tobias is the history that Tobias has of being an utter scumbag in the PC Engine community.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Astronaut_79

Quote from: guest on 05/03/2016, 07:34 PMTop end selling prices are for flippers. Game buyers should be more interested in the fact that Drac X regularly sells for $160 on eBay. People not understanding the difference between asking and selling prices or how to shop in general is drives high end price spikes and raising prices in general.

Even when Tobias' clueless edition was still available directly from PCEWorks, crooks were listing it on eBay for $700 as the long lost limited edition variant or unreleased TTi prototype. Because they know how uninformed and gullible most collectards are.

So there's now multiple tiers of gouging happening, but instead of naturally driving down prices of the real Dracula X, too many idiots are now looking at it as being worth more, since a bootleg "sells" for so much.
I agree completely. I know that a small number of copies sell for $160-$170, but the majority of them are $180+ and well into the mid, and even high, $200's. Just look at what has happened to the SNES Dracula X, a game that really wasn't that good (even if you have never played Rondo). On average, it'll run you close to $400 for a good condition CIB. Several have gone for close to, or above, $500. Not new, not sealed. Cart only repros. are selling for $55 on average. It's insane! But people pay it, and thus, it perpetuates.

I certainly did not pay $200 for my copy of the PCE Drac, or anywhere near $400 for my SNES one. I thought the repros. would cause prices to dip as well, but demand continues to increase. The market is there and apparently no shortage of fools with too much money. I guess you could say the same for me and my $70 bootleg though.

NightWolve

Quote from: Otaking on 05/03/2016, 08:07 PMAkumaJelq Drakickboxula Xax - Car no Porto
All right, well, first 2 were good, but you jumped the shark with this one. ;)

SignOfZeta

Quote from: mickcris on 05/03/2016, 07:35 PMI get it.  There are strong opinions here about what is acceptable to pirate and what is not.  It's all still piracy whether or not the company or person's intellectual property cares or knows you are selling it.  But I don't really care if people want to pirate things.
I don't think you read any of this. Nobody is debating piracy as a thing.
IMG

NightWolve

Tobias' "semi-seal of approval" (almost got lost with no Wayback backup) direct from Hudson Soft after "sending" them a copy from his "long lost" batch of Sapphire CDs that he discovered in the hopes of achieving some form of "verification" from the company themselves... After "inspecting" the copy he sent to them (which they were kind enough to return, Tobias no doubt paid for return shipping), this is how they responded:

IMG

He was setting up a cover story about the slight ink imperfections of his bootlegs, floating a story about imperfect copies that were officially published/released but then recalled and that this was what he was now in possession of to sell, yadda yadda, you get the idea.

I call it all: "Sapphire-Gate" :)

Astronaut_79

"and they cannot see anything weird about it." Very official! :lol:

seieienbu

It was pointed out in another thread on this topic that, though there are wrinkles in the top left corner, the Hudson Bee came out just fine.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

ToyMachine78

Quote from: seieienbu on 05/03/2016, 08:18 PM
I don't care that Tobias wants to make money pirating old games.  I only care that he stole recent work from active community members and in the past lied about Sapphire reproductions.  It's not the mere fact that he was pirating and profiteering, it's how he went about it that gets my ire up.

Yeah, I think my view of things is at least a bit hypocritical; (if you're willing to steal from Hudson/etc then what's different about stealing from Nightwolve, Bonknuts, or Tru?  However, I can see a clear line where on one side you're either profiting on people's work who are still invested (or perhaps even making an accessory to piracy/etc without their consent) and on the other you have people who Aren't doing that.

If a bootlegger showed up out of nowhere and first asked permission from active community members before publishing his wares, offered up a reasonable percentage of profits, and finally was willing to Not sell the games if the guy didn't want them sold then I think he would probably be lauded as doing a great service.  The difference between him and Tobias is the history that Tobias has of being an utter scumbag in the PC Engine community.
Did he really "steal" it? If you make a translation for the love of it, and release it to the community; isn't it community property to do what you want with it?

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Nulltard on 05/03/2016, 06:42 PMQuestion: Tobias?

Answer: all you pussyfags should just register at DoxPhile already.

This is the new fighting street.
Nully, you should take all the awesome magazine scans you have and release bootleg gaming mags.

I bet DoxPhile membership would skyrocket. Then again, you would be beseiged by folks saying... No fair, I gave you those scans.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Nulltard on 05/03/2016, 09:50 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/03/2016, 09:39 PM
Quote from: Nulltard on 05/03/2016, 06:42 PMQuestion: Tobias?

Answer: all you pussyfags should just register at DoxPhile already.

This is the new fighting street.
Nully, you should take all the awesome magazine scans you have and release bootleg gaming mags.

I bet DoxPhile membership would skyrocket. Then again, you would be beseiged by folks saying... No fair, I gave you those scans.
I accept your pledge of loyalty and will activate your account registration.
My account is already activated

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 05/03/2016, 09:34 PMDid he really "steal" it? If you make a translation for the love of it, and release it to the community; isn't it community property to do what you want with it?
People release their fan works with their moral terms-of-use like free for non-profit usage, and you can respect them or flip them the bird. They're typically NOT released under terms agreeing to let you slap them on newly pressed CD-ROMs for commercialization to profit with via your eBay storefront/business... Why would they be ? They didn't get into the work to make people like Tobias wealthy.

But once again, you can flip them the bird, do whatever you want, feel that since it was uploaded on the Internet, "too bad sucka!!" Now you can rationalize it however you want. But there's always a better way than sneaking around and using the product of a fan team's work without permission/inclusion when you attempt commercialization because you wanna pocket 100% of the net earnings assuming you have a fan team that would wanna cooperate with you.