10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Pictures of your Turbo/PC Engine Collection

Started by AlexKidd, 07/08/2005, 10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexKidd

I know you guys already have a thread about collections but does any one have pictures of theirs?

Ninja Spirit

twor2005

I recognize most of those games, but what are the two PCE games in the bottom left corner?

esteban

Brandish is the far left-hand-corner game. The game to the right of it looks like one of those fuedal strategy games... though I don't really know...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

esteban

AlexKidd: I never saw a Genesis (first model) used with the side-by-side SegaCD... what's that like?  Does the Genny console stay in place?  Just curious...

AlexKidd

Very nice collection. At first I was wondering why you didn't have ninja spirit but then I saw it in the middle there. :)

AlexKidd

BTW what game is that in your super famicom?

esteban

Quote from: AlexKiddBTW what game is that in your super famicom?
Looks like Dracula X, doesn't it :)

twor2005

Quote from: stevek666Brandish is the far left-hand-corner game. The game to the right of it looks like one of those fuedal strategy games... though I don't really know...
I actually meant the one above that. I think the one you're looking at is Record of Lodoss War 2.

Odonadon

Quote from: twor2005
Quote from: stevek666Brandish is the far left-hand-corner game. The game to the right of it looks like one of those fuedal strategy games... though I don't really know...
I actually meant the one above that. I think the one you're looking at is Record of Lodoss War 2.
Final Zone II

OD

dj898

some pictures of PC Engine stuff from the collection...

/p10504736ka.jpg

PC Engine Shiawaseusagi series plus Crazy Hospital.
/dsc000329dl.jpg

Unusual packaging and frankly I've never seen PC Engine Hu card packaged in VHS size case before? But then again it's from Hacker International so who knows...
/dsc000343yk.jpg

* from top left - Virgin Dream , Wrestle Angels Double Impact, Mahjong Lemon Angel, Super Real Mahjong Special
/p10504725tw.jpg

PC Engine Hacker International titles...
/dsc001120md.jpg

PC Engine SCD Emerald Dragon Demo disc
/dsc001255nh.jpg

*PC Engine mouse box set & Playstation mouse box set
members.optushome.com.au/currypuff1/photos/pce_supergrafx1.jpg

*NEC PC Engine Virtual Cushion box set
IMG
IMG

members.optushome.com.au/currypuff1/photos/pce_diver_hucard_adapter.jpg

---
Collection Page - 56k Safe (^ ^;

https://web.archive.org/web/20050321201848if_/https://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49139

Dracula series on Playstation, Saturn, and PC Engine
IMG

Saturn and PC Engine versions of Steam Hearts can you spot the difference? :)
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: AlexKiddBTW what game is that in your super famicom ?
Akumajo Dracula XX = Japanese Castlevania Dracula X for Super NES.

Just for fun, here's the remainder of my Castlevania collection. One thing I kick myself for is that I forgot to include Lament of Innocence for PS2 in the picture :(

IMG

NFERNO1

Ok, how do you insert photos here?

Ninja Spirit

Register and put your pics at www.photobucket.com

then after you upload, there's a link code already there for you to copy and paste.

AlexKidd

Quote from: stevek666AlexKidd: I never saw a Genesis (first model) used with the side-by-side SegaCD... what's that like?  Does the Genny console stay in place?  Just curious...
I've actually never seen one either. My Genesis is the model 2 as is my sega. Most people use the model 1 genesis with the model 1 sega cd. I believe the setup you're talking about is possible but i've never seen one so I couldn't really tell you what it's like.

AlexKidd

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 07/09/2005, 10:40 AM
Quote from: AlexKiddBTW what game is that in your super famicom ?
Akumajo Dracula XX = Japanese Castlevania Dracula X for Super NES.

Just for fun, here's the remainder of my Castlevania collection. One thing I kick myself for is that I forgot to include Lament of Innocence for PS2 in the picture :(

IMG
Nice Castlevania collection, i'm working on one of those too. I don't have dracula x,saturn symphony of the night or the Japanese snes game(though I do have the u.s. one). And I do have the other 3 gba games that weren't in your picture.

Keranu

Steve, my cousin has done a first model Genesis with a second model Sega CD before. I believe they give yout his "add-on" piece of plastic to put on the end of the Sega CD so the Genesis can fit on top of it, otherwise about 1-2 inches of the Genesis will just stick out. It looks pretty retarded, so may as well get the first version Sega CD (which I have along with a second model Genesis  :evil: ).
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

twor2005

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y246/twor/newcamera051.jpg

I know the picture sucks but I'm too lazy to take another. Not nearly as much as most people here but I'm working on it. Not pictured: 3.0 card, Keith Courage  :wink:

Ninja Spirit

AlexKidd

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 07/10/2005, 04:22 PMhttps://videogamecollectors.com/albums/Lord-C-s-Room-of-Doom
https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://videogamecollectors.com/albums/Lord-C-s-Room-of-Doom/*

The remainder of my room. (non-Turbo related stuff)
Now that I think about it I think i've seen your room on there before. Either way, you also have a great sms collection.

Ninja Spirit

Bump: time expands collections and things change. let's see how far our collections come along now.

I ran into a old picture I thought i deleted along time ago.
Old picture from 2004 when I had a TG16 and black PC Engine Duo (R.I.P.)

000_0015.jpg
https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/Oldschoolage/000_0015.jpg

Keranu

I'll have to post pics of mine sometime. I have a Turbo Duo, PC Engine, PCE CDROM2, Duo Tap, five controllers (two Turbo Duos, one original PCE, Avenue Pad 6, Duo RX), and going to have I think over 80 games soon. I know there are some others here who have really awesome collections, I hope to have some more stuff too! I also have a PC-FX with five games and a couple controllers.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

CrackTiger

I've literally got PC Engine games scattered all over my house. I hope to someday consolidate it all, but not today.

I did manage to throw together most of my Tengai Makyou stuff. I've never really tried to collect it. I just really like it and have casually picked up items ocassionally off of eBay. I haven't even tried Yahoo Japan yet, but hope to soon and then this stuff should steadily pile up for a long time.

IMG
IMG

https://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/col3.jpg
https://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/col4.jpg

These are some of the magazines I have that mention TM on the cover. I must have like 30 more mags and guides that have more TM content. The mag in the middle has several pages of TM coverage including the most I've seen of the original NAMIDA(totally different then PS2) for PCE/PC-FX:

https://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/col1.jpg

Among other items that were handy that I forgot to grab are the TMII/Dragon Slayer SCD demo and the TMIII promo poster featuring hand drawn art(I ordered the CGI poster recently, but it looks like I got ripped off).
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

Your Tengai Makyou collection is lovely.
IMG

gyoshi

Keranu

IMG

TR0N

Quote from: AfricanAmericanTigerI've literally got PC Engine games scattered all over my house. I hope to someday consolidate it all, but not today.

I did manage to throw together most of my Tengai Makyou stuff. I've never really tried to collect it. I just really like it and have casually picked up items ocassionally off of eBay. I haven't even tried Yahoo Japan yet, but hope to soon and then this stuff should steadily pile up for a long time.

IMG
IMG

https://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/col3.jpg
https://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/col4.jpg

These are some of the magazines I have that mention TM on the cover. I must have like 30 more mags and guides that have more TM content. The mag in the middle has several pages of TM coverage including the most I've seen of the original NAMIDA(totally different then PS2) for PCE/PC-FX:

https://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/col1.jpg

Among other items that were handy that I forgot to grab are the TMII/Dragon Slayer SCD demo and the TMIII promo poster featuring hand drawn art(I ordered the CGI poster recently, but it looks like I got ripped off).
I swear you must be the biggest, Far East of Eden Far here.

Damn all i got is, IV for my Saturn and, Kabuki Klash for my, NeoGeo

I gota get the ones for my, Duo-R next since there dirt cheap.

Btw are the remakes for the.. GC&PS2 good?
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Seldane

Quote from: stevek666AlexKidd: I never saw a Genesis (first model) used with the side-by-side SegaCD... what's that like ?  Does the Genny console stay in place ?  Just curious...
Well, it appears that he's missing this part:

IMG

It comes with every Mega-CD II unit and it is attached to the left of the Mega-CD so that a Mega Drive I will fit on it. I don't know if it's included in US models, but it was in my European Mega-CD II and it would be odd if it wasn't included with the Sega CD II.  :wink:
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: Seldane
Quote from: stevek666AlexKidd: I never saw a Genesis (first model) used with the side-by-side SegaCD... what's that like?  Does the Genny console stay in place?  Just curious...
Well, it appears that he's missing this part:

IMG

It comes with every Mega-CD II unit and it is attached to the left of the Mega-CD so that a Mega Drive I will fit on it. I don't know if it's included in US models, but it was in my European Mega-CD II and it would be odd if it wasn't included with the Sega CD II.  :wink:
Heh exactly. I lost that thing ages ago. But the Genesis 1 does have a grip.

TJ

My humble collection:

krushervision.com/tjturbogames020606.jpg

Hm, that doesn't look too bad when it's all laid out. Oh, and the Drac X is a fake. :\

That reminds me: Did anyone else get in on that sale of TTi-owned games a while back? People on TZD's mailing list got an email informing us of some third party having a sale of PCE games that had been in TTi's possession, and were used for play-testing to help them decide which titles to bring out in the US. Their stock of games was broken up into lots of 3-4 titles, and they accepted offers by the lot. I bought a few of the lots, so I've got about a dozen games from that sale that were used at TTi. Anybody else get some of those ?

Keranu

I need to take pics of my stuff. I am thinking how I should do it, like if I should lay it out like TJ did, though I counted his games and I have a little over double of the games he posted, and I know other people here have over double of the amount of games I have and even more than that!  :shock:
IMG

akamichi

I tried to take pix on some of my favorite stuff but the lighting in my house sux and I'm not much of a photographer.  Should have something to show soon though.

Keranu

As far as I know, you have one of the biggest PCE collections here, if not the biggest. Will love to see pics :D .
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: "Keranu"I need to take pics of my stuff. I am thinking how I should do it, like if I should lay it out like TJ did, though I counted his games and I have a little over double of the games he posted, and I know other people here have over double of the amount of games I have and even more than that!  :shock:

Since you got so much hardware, I suggest you categorize, when collections grow big, you may have no choice but to do that. Like take a picture of the following:
>Just your hardware grouped that is if you can fit it all in the picture, or individually

>The US Turbografx 16 Hucards

>The US Turbografx CD's

>The PC Engine Japanese Hucards

> Japanese CDROM2/Super CD ROM2 games

Next time I take a picture of my Super Famicom collection, I have to take separate pictures. First the system, Super Famicom boxes that have vertical artwork, boxes that are horizontal, then the loose games.

akamichi

Quote from: "Keranu"As far as I know, you have one of the biggest PCE collections here, if not the biggest. Will love to see pics :D .
Seriously, what gave you that idea? :shock:  I'm actually surprised on how much stuff I actually have.  I never realized that I was such a packrat until I started searching for PCE games I've always wanted but never bought.  That was back in the heyday of PSX and Sat.  

Anyway, I finally got all my stuff in one place... for the most part.  Just trying to figure out a good way to store everything.

Dark Fact

Great collection guys! :D

Now I'm really jealous! :x

The only thing I can play my Turbo games on is Magicengine. :?
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Drazic

TR0N

Quote from: "Dark Fact"Great collection guys! :D

Now I'm really jealous! :x

The only thing I can play my Turbo games on is Magicengine. :?
Hit this guy up for a modded one then.

http://www.multimods.com/tgsales.html
IMG

Dark Fact

Tron, does this guy charge extra for Canadian shipping? If so, how much?
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Ninja Spirit

Oh yes, D-Lite, he got me back on the Turbo/PCE saddle after a 5 month hiatus after my black PCE Duo died.

I got my region modded Duo-R from him. No audio video mods, the switch was good enough for me.

Don't know about Canadian shipping though.

Dark Fact

D-Lite ? This is the same guy that PCEngineHell(sp?) keeps trashing due to overpricing and console lugging?

I've read that locked forum.  Sheesh!  :roll:

dj898

not to get this off track but personally I never have any problem dealing with d-lite and I'm from the other side of pacific...

D-Lite

Quote from: Dark Fact on 02/08/2006, 10:32 AMD-Lite ? This is the same guy that PCEngineHell(sp?) keeps trashing due to overpricing and console lugging?

I've read that locked forum.  Sheesh!  :roll:
Haha, let's leave well enough alone....

Shipping to Canada is marginally more than within the US.
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
IMG
IMG

dj898

well shipping to and from cost me almost same as the mod cost itself...
still fantastic job and my only complaint would be the sockets were too shiny gold plated and my SGX looked like pimp'd up console... :D

Ninja Spirit

LOL D-Lite should have his own show.

Pimp My Console  8)

He'll break in your house, examine your old school systems and crack a few jokes about them. Then he'll confiscate it, then the rest happens from there.....

2 days later....

OMG! OMG! Shiny new S-Video jacks! A region mod switch!

D-Lite

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"LOL D-Lite should have his own show.

Pimp My Console  8)

He'll break in your house, examine your old school systems and crack a few jokes about them. Then he'll confiscate it, then the rest happens from there.....

2 days later....

Someone at NG.com said the "Pimp My Duo" line to me once and I ROFL'd something fierce....
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
IMG
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"LOL D-Lite should have his own show.

Pimp My Console  8)

2 days later....

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
IMG

akamichi

TJ

Quote from: "akamichi"Finally, I got a pic of some of my stuff.

ooh I have that Snatcher book! :) It's cool innit?!

akamichi

Quote from: "TJ"ooh I have that Snatcher book! :) It's cool innit?!
Yeah, it's pretty cool.  Didn't realize it had so much detail in the book.  I've been trying to read through it but there's a lot to read.