RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Pictures of your Turbo/PC Engine Collection

Started by AlexKidd, 07/08/2005, 10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: CPTBadAss on 04/16/2015, 06:56 PMIMG

My little collection. I love SCHUMPs.
Some folks (OK, a lot around here) complain about Dragon Spirit (the hitbox, the sluggish default speed before a power-up)...but I say....

DRAGON SPIRIT is a solid game :)

There is less debate over Blazing Lazers (most folks enjoy it, though I think Stage 2 is too easy, too long and has too many dead spots...but it still is a great game).

Sidearms is just an under appreciated game to the masses...it gets love here. I am not the biggest fan of the powerup system, and the recycled bosses are lame for an otherwise solid game.

Listen to the CD-ROM Red Book soundtrack for Sidearms Special once you've played the HuCARD for a bit...you'll better appreciate that soundtrack if you know the main chip tunes. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CPTBadAss

Quote from: esteban on 04/16/2015, 07:29 PMSome folks (OK, a lot around here) complain about Dragon Spirit (the hitbox, the sluggish default speed before a power-up)...but I say....

DRAGON SPIRIT is a solid game :)

There is less debate over Blazing Lazers (most folks enjoy it, though I think Stage 2 is too easy, too long and has too many dead spots...but it still is a great game).

Sidearms is just an under appreciated game to the masses...it gets love here. I am not the biggest fan of the powerup system, and the recycled bosses are lame for an otherwise solid game.

Listen to the CD-ROM Red Book soundtrack for Sidearms Special once you've played the HuCARD for a bit...you'll better appreciate that soundtrack if you know the main chip tunes. :)
I enjoy Dragon Spirit! The separate ground and air shooting reminds me a little of Raystorm. Plus the dragon is fun.

And I had no idea there was another Sidearms game. I gotta read up on the games....I've been trying to hold back on reading about the CD games because I don't want to get sucked into buying a TurboDuo or CD attachment for my TG16 yet. Thanks for the info.

Wait...are you saying that there's an actual CD of the Sidearms Special soundtrack?
Maximum Output. Activate the pit.

HailingTheThings

IMG

esteban

Quote from: CPTBadAss on 04/16/2015, 07:49 PMWait...are you saying that there's an actual CD of the Sidearms Special soundtrack?
You can see here:

https://archives.tg-16.com/complete_list_of_tg16_pce_shooters.htm?col=jp&val=side

You can download the chiptunes from HuCARD and the Red Book (audio tracks) from CD-ROM...

NightWolve

Quote from: estebanYou can see here:

https://archives.tg-16.com/complete_list_of_tg16_pce_shooters.htm?col=jp&val=side
Nice page, este, as usual. The system really was a shooters paradise.

majors

Quote from: esteban on 04/16/2015, 07:29 PMSidearms is just an under appreciated game to the masses...it gets love here. I am not the biggest fan of the powerup system, and the recycled bosses are lame for an otherwise solid game.
Preach it brother...or you just trolling Josh?

Love D. Spirit! Love Saber even more. Screw ppl that talk about the hit box, that is part of the game.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

CPTBadAss

Quote from: esteban on 04/17/2015, 12:05 AM
Quote from: CPTBadAss on 04/16/2015, 07:49 PMWait...are you saying that there's an actual CD of the Sidearms Special soundtrack?
You can see here:

You can download the chiptunes from HuCARD and the Red Book (audio tracks) from CD-ROM...
Thanks for the info! :D

Bklyn4ever

Some folks (OK, a lot around here) complain about Dragon Spirit (the hitbox, the sluggish default speed before a power-up)...but I say....

DRAGON SPIRIT is a solid game  :)

Dragon Spirit is one of my favs for the system.

Bklyn4ever

Quote from: CPTBadAss on 04/16/2015, 06:56 PMIMG

My little collection. I love SCHUMPs.
You should try R-Type, Sinistron, & Raiden. They are not that pricey. If you don't mind spending a little more I recommend Super Star Solider & Soldier Blade

CPTBadAss

Ugh I ran into a copy of R-Type at MGC but it wasn't in the budget :(. CIB too! And I'm currently hunting for Raiden. One of my favorite SCHUMPs as a kid.

Is Sinistron the same game as the arcade cabinet? 'Cause that game was so weird.

esteban

Quote from: majors on 04/17/2015, 07:52 AM
Quote from: esteban on 04/16/2015, 07:29 PMSidearms is just an under appreciated game to the masses...it gets love here. I am not the biggest fan of the powerup system, and the recycled bosses are lame for an otherwise solid game.

Love D. Spirit! Love Saber even more. Screw ppl that talk about the hit box, that is part of the game.
Hell no, I believe this with my heart and soul.

:)

I really do.

And, naturally, I don't understand why folks talk about a "hitbox" when they really should be saying, "This game requires strategies/dodging skills that I lack."

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: majors on 04/17/2015, 07:52 AM

Full disclosure;

Sidearms is actually a pretty cool game.  I might have to check out the Redbook audio "Special" edition someday.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ShadowKitty777

Not super impressive, but here is my humble collection.

IMG

The Rondo of Blood is a bootleg as well as Sapphire. I just wanted to own them for the sake of being able to play them.
The Valis 3 is actually a US version, I just put the Japanese cover art over it. lol
The boys unfortunately are currently in bad shape though. My Turbo Duo and Duo-RX won't play discs now. I bought the PC Engine when the first Duo died, and now my poor boy is benched too.
*pets them sympathetically*

*edit Forgot to include my Wii Ware titles (Have about 4-5, but I don't know if that really counts)

HailingTheThings

Quote from: ShadowKitty777 on 04/24/2015, 04:54 PMThe boys unfortunately are currently in bad shape though. My Turbo Duo and Duo-RX won't play discs now. I bought the PC Engine when the first Duo died, and now my poor boy is benched too.

*edit Forgot to include my Wii Ware titles (Have about 4-5, but I don't know if that really counts)
* : (

* All OBEY counts

If you vanna resurrect your fallen comrades, there are some amazing techs here that can help. They exude zombie Jesus power through their fingertips, or so I've been told.

#WelcomeToTheParty
IMG

ShadowKitty777

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 04/24/2015, 05:37 PM
Quote from: ShadowKitty777 on 04/24/2015, 04:54 PMThe boys unfortunately are currently in bad shape though. My Turbo Duo and Duo-RX won't play discs now. I bought the PC Engine when the first Duo died, and now my poor boy is benched too.

* All OBEY counts

If you vanna resurrect your fallen comrades, there are some amazing techs here that can help. They exude zombie Jesus power through their fingertips, or so I've been told.

#WelcomeToTheParty
*I KNOW RIGHT!?!
*: )

Majors was mentioning I may be able to find some help here. I'm def wanting to fix my them. I've got the funds. I actually just added a few new games to the collection from MGC, and I'm dying to play them.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: ShadowKitty777 on 04/25/2015, 02:15 AM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 04/24/2015, 05:37 PM

* All OBEY counts

#WelcomeToTheParty
*I KNOW RIGHT!?!
*: )

Majors was mentioning I may be able to find some help here. I'm def wanting to fix my them. I've got the funds. I actually just added a few new games to the collection from MGC, and I'm dying to play them.
* RIGHT-RIGHT-RYE BREAD?!?

* : 3

Well, gosh darn, if you got the funds should (it would be in your best interest to) totes hit up one of  those adorable techs.

Keith Courage

thesteve

turbokon

There are others and such. (I think? I don't know what names are)

Could always put up a post that simply states:

Mai consolez rr ded, HALLP!?!1!

Have a weekend of greatness, also, if you see Nulltard, hug him and tell him everything is gonna be alright..I promise. 

: )
IMG

ddoubledee

Wow... Killer cardboard collection, Miracle Warrior. :O

jelloslug

cr8zykuban0

damn, jelloslug gots an impressive collection! very nice cardboards!

ddoubledee

Alt-Nintega

man I wish I had a collection like that  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<

majors

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 05/01/2015, 06:52 AMman I wish I had a collection like that  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<
Really? All those TV Sports do not sit well with me. Otherwise, very good shelf pron Jello.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

xcrement5x

So jello do you keep the boxes separate from the games then? 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

jelloslug

Quote from: guest on 05/02/2015, 09:48 PMSo jello do you keep the boxes separate from the games then? 
I do have some sealed games (duplicats only) but yes, I keep the boxes seperate. I made (make) ridgid foam box inserts to go in the empty boxes to help them hold their shape.

IMG

rhiohki

bumping this thread....not a new collection, but one I've had for a very long while. Getting back into my gaming habits and have my small and humble collection. Nothing like some of the members with entire complete sets.

PCECollection.jpg

NecroPhile

Quote from: rhiohki on 07/13/2015, 10:25 AMbumping this thread....not a new collection, but one I've had for a very long while. Getting back into my gaming habits and have my small and humble collection. Nothing like some of the members with entire complete sets.
I hope you're just showing your rarez and not the complete collection, else your priorities are all fucked up.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

rhiohki

Quote from: guest on 07/13/2015, 12:24 PM
Quote from: rhiohki on 07/13/2015, 10:25 AMbumping this thread....not a new collection, but one I've had for a very long while. Getting back into my gaming habits and have my small and humble collection. Nothing like some of the members with entire complete sets.
I have other pc-e stuff like aeroblasters, metal stoke, double dragon II, jackie chan.  These are some of the ones that are in the collection that were hard to find for me in the boxes and what not.

I hope you're just showing your rarez and not the complete collection, else your priorities are all fucked up.

ShadowKitty777

O.O Is that cause they are odd first choices? lol I'm assuming they are all rare or expensive? (I don't buy Turbo on Ebay, just from MadGear usually)

You guys have really awesome collections. I usually have to go to cons to play some of those titles.

rhiohki

Quote from: ShadowKitty777 on 07/13/2015, 03:41 PM
O.O Is that cause they are odd first choices? lol I'm assuming they are all rare or expensive? (I don't buy Turbo on Ebay, just from MadGear usually)

You guys have really awesome collections. I usually have to go to cons to play some of those titles.
These games were never my first choices. I started playing turbo stuff back in 1995 when I was 16. Didn't start getting games until the early 2000s and have had most of my turbo stuff ever since. Some games I had in the past that I got rid of I wish I hadn't, but you live and learn.  Now that I have a TE and more free time I can get back into playing more.  :)

NecroPhile

Quote from: ShadowKitty777 on 07/13/2015, 03:41 PMO.O Is that cause they are odd first choices? lol I'm assuming they are all rare or expensive?
For the most part, yes, they're pricey.  I wouldn't say any of 'em are particularly bad games, but you'd have to be crazy to drop big bucks on Kaze Kiri while lacking Ninja Spirit or have both versions of Bonk 3 but no Bonk's Adventure or Bonk's Revenge.  And no Keith Courage?!?  Seriously, how does anyone that's been OBEYing for a while not have a half dozen of those laying around?

HailingTheThings

Quote from: NecroPhile on 07/13/2015, 05:18 PMAnd no Keith Courage?!?  Seriously, how does anyone that's been OBEYing for a while not have a half dozen of those laying around?
Hmm yes, quite.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

NO CHINA WARRIOR = DOING IT WRONG.

I'd post a picture of my collection, but I am lazy.   It includes Vigilante, China Warrior, and NINJA SPIRITTTT

so fuck it.  Karate all the kung fus.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

rhiohki

Quote from: guest on 07/13/2015, 05:36 PMNO CHINA WARRIOR = DOING IT WRONG.

I'd post a picture of my collection, but I am lazy.   It includes Vigilante, China Warrior, and NINJA SPIRITTTT

so fuck it.  Karate all the kung fus.
Ninja Spirit yes, great game. I wasn't a big fan of China Warrior though. Maybe you'll post your collection one day, it would be cool to check out.

Arkhan Asylum

I rarely post pictures of anything because I am lazy.  It's just a bunch of shelves of games in some randomized order where I somehow remember where I put every game the last time I touched it.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

RNSpeed

These are my games.

MyGames.jpg

bob

xcrement5x

Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

RNSpeed

Quote from: guest on 07/20/2015, 06:36 PM
Quote from: agent_orange on 07/19/2015, 12:59 PM
Quote from: RNSpeed on 07/19/2015, 12:27 PMThese are my games.

IMG
These are his games.
There are many like it, but these ones are his.
Come on guys  #-o  lol

Should I better said; This are my games. There are many like them, but these are mine.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: RNSpeed on 07/20/2015, 08:43 PMThis are my games. There are many like them, but these are mine.
And you can't touch them 'cause they're lava.

Anyway, I'm not sure I've posted here yet, but I figure my collection's changed enough to warrant an update. 

IMG

And here's a better shot of my games.

IMG

Nacho games.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

turboswimbz

Quote from: RNSpeed on 07/20/2015, 08:43 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/20/2015, 06:36 PM
Quote from: galam/Bob on 07/19/2015, 12:59 PM
Quote from: RNSpeed on 07/19/2015, 12:27 PMThese are my games.

IMG
These are his games.
There are many like it, but these ones are his.
Come on guys  #-o  lol

Should I better said; This are my games. There are many like them, but these are mine.
These are not my games. 

^^^^^^^^
Neither or those way up there, those are Venom's games
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

geise

Quote from: guest on 07/14/2015, 03:03 AMI rarely post pictures of anything because I am lazy.  It's just a bunch of shelves of games in some randomized order where I somehow remember where I put every game the last time I touched it.
LOL.  My shit's in rubbermaid bins.

turboswimbz

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Alt-Nintega

good games. I need to get a converter that plays PC Engine games on my Express and TG-16, I really want to play SFII on Turbo. Right now when I play it is the Genesis version.

NecroPhile

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 07/20/2015, 08:51 PMAnd here's a better shot of my games.
Most people would hit the hardware store for a replacement shelf support pin after loosing one in the carpet, but not Venom.  His games can multitask.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: guest on 07/21/2015, 05:57 PM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 07/20/2015, 08:51 PMAnd here's a better shot of my games.
Most people would hit the hardware store for a replacement shelf support pin after loosing one in the carpet, but not Venom.  His games can multitask.
They aren't supporting, they just happen to stack up that high.  You jelly of my mad stax, brah?
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

NecroPhile

Actually, I'm kinda disappointed.  Structural integrity is cool.

esteban

I mostly play ROMZ on my XBOX, but I do own two loosies:

IMG

Alt-Nintega

esteban