10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Chase HQ

Started by Dicer, 06/28/2015, 05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dicer

Good voice, hard as hell to play.

Anyone ever beat this thing?

bob

i love the arcade version.  tg one ia tough.  S.C.I. is better on pce.

esteban

Quote from: Dicer on 06/28/2015, 05:56 PMGood voice, hard as hell to play.

Anyone ever beat this thing?
I haven't spent much time with this HuCARD.

Maybe I'll pull it out and see how far I can get.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

esteban

Quote from: guest on 06/28/2015, 09:33 PM
Quote from: esteban on 06/28/2015, 08:00 PMMaybe I'll pull it out and see how far I can get.
pull out and get all the way up to the titties and neck.
I hope I will, but I'm afraid my Chase HQ game will end prematurely.

MotherGunner

Another game with a Nancy in it!  I bought this the day it came out and still have it!  Can't say I've beaten it.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

EmperorIng

The arcade version is pretty fun and has a dash of that old Taito charm. I only really know it (sadly) from the Saturn port, which has the worst controls I've ever played in a driving game. SCI is the more fun game, but there's always something fun with ramming cars in the first.

The Genesis Chase HQ 2 is a solid 5/10 "ok." Maybe if it didn't scroll like an MSX game it would have been better.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Dicer on 06/28/2015, 05:56 PMAnyone ever beat this thing?
When I was a teen yeah, beat it quite a bit. Probably couldn't do it anymore. I'm older and slower now.

esteban

EvilEvoIX

I've made it to the last level but never beat.  I loved this game.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

roflmao

I picked up both Chase HQ and SCI at the same time and found SCI to play much better.  So sadly, I haven't put a lot of time into Chase HQ. I don't think I've made it past the 3rd level. :/

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/07/2015, 11:31 AMI picked up both Chase HQ and SCI at the same time and found SCI to play much better.  So sadly, I haven't put a lot of time into Chase HQ. I don't think I've made it past the 3rd level. :/
I should play both of these bad boys this summer to see if I can beat them.

majors

Quote from: guest on 07/07/2015, 11:31 AMI picked up both Chase HQ and SCI at the same time
I picked both up as a set at the same time also, but alas both were not for me...and have been both traded or sold. Not my cup of tea...back to Victory Run!
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

escarioth

This game is HARD  :shock:
i love games like that but this one is not easy

i prefer victory run  :dance:
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

NecroPhile

I suck at it, but it's fun.  Some day I'll find a real copy to love him and hold him and call him george.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

csgx1

I beat Chase HQ a few years ago.  Challenging but it wasn't too hard from what I remember.  Also beat S.C.I. and Knight Rider Special.  Knight Rider, now that game is hard, especially the later stages. 

S.C.I. is definitely my favorite out of the three.

Damon Plus

Thought it was very average at first. After playing more seriously, I think its a good game. A bit hard to beat, but my opinion has improved a lot over the time.

EvilEvoIX

I made it to the last guy on my Turbo Express but never beat it.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

bob

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 07/18/2015, 04:39 PMI made it to the last guy on my Turbo Express but never beat it.
Put a wing on it.  Much performance boost. You wont need any turbo boosters. Just wing it.

esteban

Quote from: agent_orange on 07/19/2015, 10:04 AM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 07/18/2015, 04:39 PMI made it to the last guy on my Turbo Express but never beat it.
Put a wing on it.  Much performance boost. You wont need any turbo boosters. Just wing it.
Bravo!

+100 rupees

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: agent_orange on 07/19/2015, 10:04 AM
I'm sorry I don't follow?
IMGIMGIMG

CrackTiger

It is scientifically proven that wings make cars go faster.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NecroPhile

Such Wing.  Very Speed.  Wow.

And feigned ignorance; that's good too.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DeshDildo

Chase H.Q. and S.C.I. were two of my favorites in the arcades.  The Turbo version is a but cheap in the difficulty department because I think the hit detection is a bit off compared to other versions.  I hate to say that I really like Super Chase H.Q. on SNES even though it is not a direct port and is pretty easy to complete.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

esteban

Quote from: Desh on 07/20/2015, 10:49 AMChase H.Q. and S.C.I. were two of my favorites in the arcades.  The Turbo version is a but cheap in the difficulty department because I think the hit detection is a bit off compared to other versions.  I hate to say that I really like Super Chase H.Q. on SNES even though it is not a direct port and is pretty easy to complete.
I enjoyed Super Chase HQ, so don't be ashamed. :)

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 07/20/2015, 09:07 AMIt is scientifically proven that wings make cars go faster.
Indeed they do.  Old hat at this point.
IMGIMGIMG

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Desh on 07/20/2015, 10:49 AMChase H.Q. and S.C.I. were two of my favorites in the arcades.  The Turbo version is a but cheap in the difficulty department because I think the hit detection is a bit off compared to other versions.  I hate to say that I really like Super Chase H.Q. on SNES even though it is not a direct port and is pretty easy to complete.
http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/841561.jpg
IMG

esteban

blkodirty808

The Sega Saturn Port is not that bad the controls are a bit floaty but much tighter than the TG Version. I do love playing the TG 16 version now after figuring out the twitchy controls and now can reach the 4th level consistently without using continues but burn them all on that level go figure but fun game all around that could of used more tightening of controls but sadly felt it was also due to the limited racing space that also gimped the controls. Would love to play S.C.I like many have mentioned so I'll check it out.

EvilEvoIX

I love this game, There is an arcade by me that has it and I still love when the Police Lights go on when you finally catch up to the Stage Boss, great design, great fun, great game.
IMGIMGIMG

VenomMacbeth

The problem with Chase HQ (and a lot of Taito arcade games) is that console ports can't quite capture the extravagant presentation of the arcade version...and sometimes all you have left without the bells & whistles is a pretty mediocre game. 

For instance, the blinky police lights on the Chase HQ cab.  Also, most of the console ports lack much of the voice samples. (You get a "gotcha, Nancy" or "YOKAI!" If you're lucky).  I can't speak for the Saturn version as I don't own it; too expensive given what everyone says about it.

Ninja Warriors is an even better example.  There was no way of translating the three-screen gimmick of the arcade to consoles, of course...the Amiga & Sega CD ports come the closest, but even they have their missing bits.  The PCE version is inexcusably awful; no voice samples, no tank bosses (WHY???), no multilayer scrolling anywhere. 

That being said, I dig the PCE version.  It's the best port by far when you compare it to the NES and Master System versions, and even Chase HQ 2 on the Genesis.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!